[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

Hey, wait. Did the Akvasto’s reloading take 3 sec? No no no.... It has took 1.8 sec.

3.4...? WTF....?

Edited by rmseka

Things I'm looking forward to:

- Prisma Grakata: I made a 7-forma build, so pleased for the small buff; unlike many others on here I'm more like, "Yay, they buffed one of my fave weapons which I invested all this material into", rather than, "OMG its no good anymore". The buff to the normal Grakata doesn't tempt me in the slightest, 60 rounds/mag is too small for its fire rate (3s to deplete the clip, 2.4s reload versus ~6s for the full clip, 2s reload; I have a -recoil riven to take full advantage of that).

- Burston Prime: doubled status chance is huge for this burst rifle, and crit chance will be almost quadrupled! Could be amazing, fingers crossed.

- Supra/Vandal: to be honest, I'm not sure if this was necessary; I'm waiting on the Vandal to be re-released but a pure damage build I had in mind with my riven had me dealing about 3000 damage/round. Adding these bonuses will make me reconsider my plans for it...

- Drakgoon: arguably the most fun shotgun? I actually just hope they fix its damage so that it deals its listed values and the punch through (which never really worked properly), but the buffs look nice. I wonder how the projectile lifetime will affect Formorian Accelerant though...

- Ogris: small but very important update. Reminder to self: aim away from face.

- Azima: I have a bit of a soft spot for this weapon, but was playing around with it the other day and thought, "if only this gun had 5% more crit and status". Sure enough...

- Tysis: beautiful design, nice for it to get the damage boost it sorely needs.

- Dual Toxocyst: finally getting the buff these things really needed, though at quite a cost with that duration decrease. For me getting the buff was an excuse to go berserk - now I'll have to try and control myself a bit!

- Sancti Castanas: WOW! Perhaps the dramatic changes of all, definitely the one I'm looking the most forward to trying out, to me these are looking absolutely monstrous. Not concerned about the ammo decrease; they use common pistol ammo.

- Cernos Prime: this weapon seems unpopular, but quite like it myself. The status buff is nice and makes it even more distinct from the other Cernos variants; the charge speed increase helps but I wish they would apply this to the rather annoying 1s reload as well.

A missed opportunity: the Mutalist Quanta is not mentioned. It has some very interesting mechanics with its secondary fire, but perhaps it could use a review? It's a full-auto weapon, but perhaps DE elected to review all of the Quanta weapon family together?

31 minutes ago, rmseka said:

Hey, wait. Did the Akvasto’s reloading take 3 sec? No no no.... It has took 1.8 sec.

3.4...? WTF....?

Are you maybe talking about the single Vasto? Dual pistols always have higher fire rate at the cost of reload.

Edited by SteamlordD

3 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Can Seer get a small mechanic added to the, currently pure visual, explosion of Projectile?

Maybe like 5 Void Damage (Fitting the Orokin-hybrid) or perhaps Guaranteed Knock back/AoE knockdown?

Giving it Void damage would be great for newer players too. Having some way to deal with the sentients before unlocking the operator would be great. It would also make it worth grinding since there's nothing too special about it. I've seen so many people die to Conculysts and Battalysts because of their damage resist mechanic and just how much damage they deal out. (if not one shotting you) My nephew had to rely on Valkyr's Hysteria to kill them to progress through the quests. We shouldn't need a specific loadout or frame to deal with those enemies to progress through the story, but giving some kind of hint like, "Vor has technology to deal with these enemies, seek him out if you want an easier time dealing with them." would be pretty cool imo.

I know some people are going to say, "Just bring weapons with different elemental combos." and while we can do this, players at lower MR have mainly access to IPS weapons and not pure element ones. As far as pure element weapons, they only have access to Gammacor, (you can get bp for free from a junction I believe), Stug, and Mutalist Quanta. Note that Second Dream is MR 3 and Octavia's Anthem is right after throwing sentients at you left and right as a solo quest. Newer players to the game shouldn't be restricted so much to where they can't complete these low MR quests without struggling with limitations they are given.

Another thing is that we need more Orokin Catalyst alerts, especially for newer players to not just drop the game because they can't mod their weapons properly. I'm pretty sure there are players that don't know what they are doing start thinking they can't progress unless they buy plat and just drop the game out of frustration that the game is "free to play" and they got stuck. While they have 50 starting platinum, let's be honest, not everyone is the smartest with it. I bought a syandana with it when I was a newbie. XD

To summarize, I think giving Seer, or adding a new weapon in the game that has void damage for low MR, is a very good idea. Also... BLUE POTATOES PLS!

• Upvote 2

On 2/6/2018 at 9:22 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Scourge

Damage increased from 30 to 70 (Primary Fire)

Okay not bad, Come to think of it, doing Radiation, Viral and Corrosive damage at 2.33x the damage of the old scourge is a win win scenario. Wonder how a corrupted bombard will get out of this death scenario.

Still, I have no idea why MR is the factor of power level of the weapon and anyone below of MR 7 are not able to get anything worth enough to get through endgame at all.

Even Braton Prime, one of the most cheap and common prime weapon, and the primed version of one of the basic weapon the newbie Tenno can have, requires MR 8. You need to make and throw away more than 30~40 useless weapons in order to access for that. I don't think that it is a sane idea. So anyone below that needs to not pay for catalyst or forma at all?

Warframe is not the game that have the tier of the weapon group by your level and you need to change it when you have enough level. It is about put the potato, forma and mods on the weapon.

• Upvote 1

So the upload just want live. Seems at least some changes have happened.

At least my supra is showing a cc of 12 and not 20. Which is fine I wasn't planning to build it for a hybrid or anything.

Pandero did not get it's nerf. Long live pandero.

Anyone else got any differences?

Edited by exturkconner

Le 05/02/2018 à 23:22, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Critical chance increased from 20% to 30%   Charge can now be held indefinitely

5916d24d1dff8.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, exturkconner said:

So the upload just want live. Seems at least some changes have happened.

At least my supra is showing a cc of 12 and not 20. Which is fine I wasn't planning to build it for a hybrid or anything.

Pandero did not get it's nerf. Long live pandero.

Anyone else got any differences?

Some changes but not what the notes have said. Boltor prime doesn't have its increased CC (12% live) but its status is higher (32% live). I wonder if the live changes are the proper ones and the notes just haven't updated to reflect the final numbers?

On 2/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 12

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%

Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Increased Projectile Speed

Increased accuracy while aiming

Damage decreased from 45 to 36

wtf happened to this? We got 12% crit chance.

The vandal version is 16. 

They did say everything was subject to change. 

I assume based on feedback what we currently have is what they came up with.

On 05/02/2018 at 11:22 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Grakata

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 9

Damage increased from 11 to 17

Status chance increased from 20% to 21%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.7x

Not Implemented with the update!

5 minutes ago, --PV--Traitor said:

The crit chance increase on Daikyu hasnt been applied

If you look at the actual update news, the Daikyu was never given increased crit.

For those freaking out over the whole Supra vs Supra Vandal thing, both of them always had the same stats, except the vandal had a larger ammo pool, magazine size and accuracy.

With that said, instead of the 20% crit chance for the Supra mentioned on the forums I see a 12% crit chance in game. Not sure what's wrong, the number announced on the forums or the one put ingame.

5 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

For those freaking out over the whole Supra vs Supra Vandal thing, both of them always had the same stats, except the vandal had a larger ammo pool, magazine size and accuracy.

With that said, instead of the 20% crit chance for the Supra mentioned on the forums I see a 12% crit chance in game. Not sure what's wrong, the number announced on the forums or the one put ingame.

Supra Vandal

• Mastery Rank increased from 10 to 14
  • Status Chance increased from 5% to 30%
  • Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 16%
  • Critical Damage increased from 1.5x to 2x
  • Increased projectile speed
  • Increased accuracy while aiming
  • Damage decreased from 45 to 40

Supra

• Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 12
  • Status Chance increased from 5% to 30%
  • Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 12%
  • Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x
  • Increased Projectile Speed
  • Increased accuracy while aiming
  • Damage decreased from 45 to 40

These are the official stat changes for the Supra and the Supra Vandal. Everything in this Workshop Forum was up for change, and these are the final stats they ended up getting for the Update.

If you want to see all of official changes, check out the Update:

Edited by Sickle_Slayer

5 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Regular has 12. Vandal has 16. Both went to 30 status chance instead of 20.

2 minutes ago, Manowars said:

Jeeze whats with the Daikyu nerf, it really didnt need one :\

Yes indeed, its just a shame that they gave it a much better damage spread and almost half the charge time. Oh, and that charge up now can be held indefinitely, instead of resetting just because you waited too long to shoot.