Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, TwilitAngel said:

Primes? Vandal/Wraith/Prisma weps? Alas, I will never get MR for Excal, Lato, & Skana Prime. Idk if that matters much though.

Just compare what your codex shows you with wiki and you should find what's missing eventually. It's pretty easy to overlook something.

Well can't compare to codex, several didn't show up there, like the MK1s.. But yes, I got all primes, vandals and wraiths. At least those that aren't founders related.. But I did miss at least one zaw, going through them now.. =)

Am 6.2.2018 um 00:37 schrieb AlphaPHENIX:

This just isn't right.

It's a longbow, it's supposed to have higher draw weight. Know what that means? It takes more power to draw the string (video game term: slower fire rate) and it's a lot more powerful which makes it penatrate deeper into targets (video game terms: high damage, moustly puncture.)

The only stat change that's ok here is the Crit buff!

Why is the new damage distribution an issue? because its less affective against armor now? I am planning to use this weapon once it get the changes on ps4. 

Le 6.2.2018 à 00:37, AlphaPHENIX a dit :

This just isn't right.

It's a longbow, it's supposed to have higher draw weight. Know what that means? It takes more power to draw the string (video game term: slower fire rate) and it's a lot more powerful which makes it penatrate deeper into targets (video game terms: high damage, moustly puncture.)

The only stat change that's ok here is the Crit buff!

I fully agree on everything you say except the damage distribution, i think that the new ips distribution fits the daikyu alot better,

just look at its arrowtip for example, that tip cant be that much more puncture

but yeah, nice big zen bow, long draw time, not holdable for too long, high damage, yes please

On 2/6/2018 at 7:22 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Prisma Gorgon

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10

Status chance increased from 5% to 15%

Critical chance increased from 15% to 30%

Critical Damage increased from 2x to 2.3x

Damage decreased from 25 to 23

DE, thank you so much! :heart:

On 2/5/2018 at 9:08 PM, xXHobbitXx said:

New players can gain 1 mr a day, easily without much effort, what exactly is your point? if they want something increase your MR, thats the point, i started a newb account and got to MR15 in 15 days with little effort needed, just by levelling daily what is available to current MR, this wont change, so all this crying about restricting new players is completely pointless

My thoughts only go out to the new players that come to this game looking at all the things they could have but due to a lack of MR cannot. 

That's enough to drive people away from a game. I've had people I was helping out quit after they came to the realization that it'll take over a week to get the 1 item they want.

Also, nobody is crying sir. Take whatever frustration you have elsewhere.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, theANIMALtm said:

For the love of Lotus, please DE, increase the fire rate of the Quartakk!!!

I feel as though this is not necessary. Technically, you're firing four rounds bursts. Keeping this in mind, the fire rate is not that crippling. It still has a higher sustained DPS than the majority of the game's assault rifles. 

On 2018-02-05 at 5:22 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Daikyu

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 10

Physical damage changed from 20% Impact, 60% Puncture and 20% Slash to 30% Impact, 40% Puncture and 30% Slash    

Charge speed increased from 1.75 to 1 secs

Critical chance increased from 20% to 30%

Damage decreased from 500 to 420

Ok so the crit chance still isnt 30% and it lost dmg

please fix

En 24/2/2018 a las 20:57, (PS4)c8dx2297 dijo:

I feel as though this is not necessary. Technically, you're firing four rounds bursts. Keeping this in mind, the fire rate is not that crippling. It still has a higher sustained DPS than the majority of the game's assault rifles. 

The argument that you fire 4 rounds, and that's why this weapon is slow have no sense, DE can make this weapon fire 10 Clems per second if they want.

The fire rate IS a big problem, even with speed trigger or another mod you don't get a decent fire rate, and you waste a mod slot to fix a problem that wasn't there before.

And sustained DPS only if your target stay still willing to get shot. 

Before, the fire rate was enough to stagger an enemy in place, by the time he get recovered, the second round hit him and stagger again. I.E.: A heavy bombard had no chance to shoot at you, and will die in 3 shots.

The slow fire rate means you are not able to deal with many enemies in a short time, as much damage you can do to a target, still you take more time to kill that target than before.

7 hours ago, theANIMALtm said:

The argument that you fire 4 rounds, and that's why this weapon is slow have no sense, DE can make this weapon fire 10 Clems per second if they want.

The fire rate IS a big problem, even with speed trigger or another mod you don't get a decent fire rate, and you waste a mod slot to fix a problem that wasn't there before.

And sustained DPS only if your target stay still willing to get shot. 

Before, the fire rate was enough to stagger an enemy in place, by the time he get recovered, the second round hit him and stagger again. I.E.: A heavy bombard had no chance to shoot at you, and will die in 3 shots.

The slow fire rate means you are not able to deal with many enemies in a short time, as much damage you can do to a target, still you take more time to kill that target than before.

Do you really expect every single weapon to be meta? 
Look at the Karak Wraith. The Dera Vandal. The regular Soma, and the Gorgon and Grakata series'. 
They all have a high fire rate. But they all lack damage (barring the Gorgons, nice bullet hoses) 
The Quartakk packs a heavy amount of damage. The Sybaris has a ghastly fire rate, but nobody S#&$s on it. 
And yes, the 4 round burst DOES explain the slow fire rate. Using simple math, and the given fire rate of the weapon, you're effectively firing around 12 rounds a second, all for a much higher amount of damage than aforementioned rifles. 
If anything, the bursts help the weapon function, much like Sybaris. Would you rather hit 2 shots with a fast firing weapon and miss the third and fourth, or sling all 4 rounds simultaneously? If you're trying to hit fast moving targets, the time it takes to recalibrate your aim is longer than the given fire rate, so you are losing time regardless. 

Your argument has many holes, and there is my reasoning. If you hate the fire rate so much, go back to your helicoptering Atterax and 200 round mag Soma Prime. 

hace 17 horas, (PS4)c8dx2297 dijo:

Do you really expect every single weapon to be meta? 
Look at the Karak Wraith. The Dera Vandal. The regular Soma, and the Gorgon and Grakata series'. 
They all have a high fire rate. But they all lack damage (barring the Gorgons, nice bullet hoses) 
The Quartakk packs a heavy amount of damage. The Sybaris has a ghastly fire rate, but nobody S#&$s on it. 
And yes, the 4 round burst DOES explain the slow fire rate. Using simple math, and the given fire rate of the weapon, you're effectively firing around 12 rounds a second, all for a much higher amount of damage than aforementioned rifles. 
If anything, the bursts help the weapon function, much like Sybaris. Would you rather hit 2 shots with a fast firing weapon and miss the third and fourth, or sling all 4 rounds simultaneously? If you're trying to hit fast moving targets, the time it takes to recalibrate your aim is longer than the given fire rate, so you are losing time regardless. 

Your argument has many holes, and there is my reasoning. If you hate the fire rate so much, go back to your helicoptering Atterax and 200 round mag Soma Prime. 

First of all, I never said something about meta weapons, second, I never compared the Quartakk to another weapon, I compared the Quartakk now, to the Quartakk before the rework (most importantly, I never compared a semi automatic rifle to a full automatic rifle, why you do that?).
Third, almost all the weapons you listed can do a lot of damage to high level enemies, if you know how to mod them.
But like you, I'm in danger to get off topic.

So, my complaint was that the Quartakk before was more effective dealing with large group of enemies, especially in high level missions. Now is a little more complicated, and stagger a target in place is faster than recalibrate your aim, but it is what it is.

Lastly, I never used the Atterax (never use whips at all), I do use the soma from time to time, nice and fun assault rifle. 
But most importantly, why so angry for disagree whit you, little snowflake?

Take it easy, is just a game.

For the most part these seem ok, but there's a few weapon that might become the new meta builds. Not going to mention names to avoid being crucified, but I think a few of these got a bit too big of a buff and some got weird nerfs. i.e. The Attica really didn't need a nerf, but ok. The akMagnus at MR12? like why...I get the increase in damage but it's a weird super increase in MR, which almost looks like a mistake. Again...No issues, just weird. 

Finally, I found kind of funny that all the reload speed and charge speed are labeled as increased instead of decreased. 

Anyways, good work. I look forward to dust some of these out and give them a try. 

Archived