Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

Boltor Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 14

Status chance increased from 10% to 24%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 20%

Damage decreased from 55 to 44

Definatley a buff, but i can't help but feel like we already have too many status/crit weapons and the boltor was one of the few that wasn't one of those. It'll still be possibly to play a raw damage boltor obviously, but crit/status is more than likley going to be better now.

A lot of these are in the right direction.

Allowing more of the Secondary shotguns to hit 100% status and improving status rates on most Automatic weapons will certainly help with their horrendous ammo economy problems. Perhaps after this settles consider improve rifle drops from x20 to x40 if it proves to still not be enough?

A few weapons are a little under the bar I think, Like Scourge. A solid 100 base damage but it's certainly better.

Some I'm not sure even needed these buffs but overall it's looking good. Much better read than the last post.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ogris

Increased Charge speed from 0.8 to 0.3 secs

Increased Fire Rate

Zarr

Status chance increased from 20% to 29%

Critical chance increased from 15% to 17%

While I do thank you guys for even considering to look at older weapons, this, this honestly made me a bit salty.

The Zarr, the weapon nobody complained about and I think will agree is already great... getting buffs. Fine.

(Edit: the major comparison here is because the Zarr only deals half self damage, having status viable clusters that have 0 risk and provide innate multishot in a way, the Ogris does not have this, it's a single shot that has to get the job done)

But the Ogris, a rocket launcher that tends to kill you more often or just as often than the enemies gets left with changes that let you kill yourself even faster....

I think your goal was probably the emphasive that the Ogris is a status weapon now and should be able to land status procs faster... okay fine?

But understand what you gave us is a weapon that has a fairly large aoe that tends to do more damage to us than the enemies.

A fire rate buff is not going to alleviate this issue. The weapon is a heavy risk to the player and it shouldn't emphasize "shoot faster" but instead plan your shots and blow everything up that ends up in the aoe.

So what I suggest is leaving both the fire rate and charge rate as they are currently. Increase the crit chance significantly (maybe the crit damage too) and add a new mechanic. 

When fully charged the Ogris shows an indicater of how large the aoe will be whereever the player is aiming.

In addition to this please give the weapon punchthrough on allies.

I know you guys must be flooded with feedback so I don't expect you guys to respond to this or even maybe see it, but if you do thank you for reading and I hope you take this into consideration for this weapons change.

19 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Akmagnus crit and status are currently 25% each, not 20%.  Is it being decreased to 22% or is it going up by 2 to 27%?

The crit and status are staying the same at 25% each. Thank you for the catch! I've edited the main post to reflect this.

I am vastly annoyed at the further reduction in max ammo on Sancti Castanas, Castanas, Kulstar, and Talons. I would already run out far faster than ammo chugging primaries. These changes will force me to be constantly hunting ammo drops every couple of seconds and that's with carrier. I can only imagine how Hek awful it would be to go into a mission using one of those weapons without Carrier or ammo mutation.

Do I need to roll +max ammo riven? Maybe combine with a future release of Primed Trick Mag?

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Lex Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 5 to 8

no this is an easy to get gun that will help a newb make it to higher levels and keep them playing instead of hitting a hard difficulty wall yes it is a little too good for its rank but MR 8 is a little too high.  

I see what you did here DE, but i see a problem, a big one.

Some weapons that are supposed to be used for new players (Like the Paris or the akLato, even the Dex Sybaris or the Dex Furis, that are supposed to be a lotus gift for the anniversary of the game, are getting a MR increase. What's the meaning of that?), are getting a MR increase, and those "new players" are probably the thing that you need to focus on, if you want to get more audience and players, make the warframe experience the most gratificant videogame experience, but giving those weapons (that are for beginner players) a higher MR, don't look fair for new players.

Sorry DE but this don't look good to me, but the buffs an nerfs are good though

1 minute ago, spirit_of_76 said:

no this is an easy to get gun that will help a newb make it to higher levels and keep them playing instead of hitting a hard difficulty wall yes it is a little too good for its rank but MR 8 is a little too high.  

Yeah, some of the MR increases made me concerned for new player-difficulty scaling. Idk what to think yet, since most weapons will work in most star chart missions. But I'm sure that once they got that difficulty wall, it's going to hit them like a truck.

"Oh sh!+... Things are suddenly hard to kill"

And it already happens

Archived