The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NONONONONO don't touch the supra!!!(not this way)

Vafthrudnir

Supra Vandal

Mastery Rank increased from 10 to 14 OK

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22% OK

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20% What is this?

Critical Damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x Wait no stop!

Increased projectile speed OK but not a must

Increased accuracy while aiming Not sure about this

Damage reduced from 45 to 36 Stop right there, you criminal scum.

No sorry I don't like this.

The supra series is not a weapon group made to crit, and that low critical chance won't make me build crit either, we lose 20% base damage to gain 17,5% critical chance on a weapon that does not go for crits.

While it would increase it's damage what I always liked from the supra was it's consistency. So please if you wanna do anything don't add the crit changes but get in the other buffs, give it higher base damage, nerf the crit damage even more to compensate and give it some more hard difference from the base supra, maybe add an alt fire that shoots a laser like the one on the ambulas. After all it's a tri-barrel laser repeater.

Edited by giovanniluca

You don't get it? Even if you don't put any crit mods on it, an increase of 17.5% CC + the increase in CD easily amounts the DPS lost by reducing the base damage. And I am not even accounting for the 4x damage critical headshots that you may get. 

As it is right now, this is beyond a doubt a direct increase in both damage and status chance. Now, imagine if you are to also mod for that crit build....

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

I am with op for this, he's actually right!. as a heavy supra user, this will hurt the weapon considerably.

What most people seem to forget is we are limited on mods slots + multishot is terrible compared to secondary. On secondary, hybrid build work pretty well, on primary (rifle), not so much. Thanks to the weapon augmentation and supra high fire rate, it was actually a reliable weapon that mostly focused on damage and status. They are simply no room for critical mod,  unless you want to change the weapon entirely into a crit build (we already have plenty of weapons that are focus on crit)

Please DE, for the sake of keeping the uniqueness of this weapon, reconsiders about buffing the crit and lowering the damage. This weapon is one of this kind, don't destroy it, please.

Edited by Ninjamander

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It traded some of it's damage for fundamentally better damage. Once again, even if you don't mod for crit, you will see a direct increase in damage... also 20% crit on a 300 round bullet hose isn't enough? Wat?

simple, I rather get a reliable burst of damage. Sustain dps is not everything you know? Sure it works great on paper, gameplay wise, not so well.

The supra was not a bullet hose if you would use the weapon right, but I am affray it will be just like one after those change (and remove one of the weapons redeeming quality). The supra have is own playstyle, please don't remove that from us by focusing too much on paper dps.

4 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

simple, I rather get a reliable burst of damage. Sustain dps is not everything you know? Sure it works great on paper, gameplay wise, not so well.

The supra was not a bullet hose if you would use the weapon right, but I am affray it will be just like one after those change (and remove one of the weapons redeeming quality). The supra have is own playstyle, please don't remove that from us by focusing too much on paper dps.

If you just put point strike on it you'll get all the consistency you need with 50% (and there's more than enough room for a proper hybrid build btw)

4 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

No sorry I don't like this.

You're welcome not to use crit mods on it and just keep your build as it is. Even without crit mods you'll be doing more damage than before. Or get point strike and a riven and push it so you always crit. Then bam. consistancy again

31 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Since it's a base damage nerf, and AFAIK enemies can't get crits (only headshots), Techs will kill us slower

I think we might hopefully be past the time when DE accidentally buffed enemy weapons when they buffed our versions, too. Corpus techs specifically got a nerf to their supras back in August while ours went untouched, so it's not like they're currently using the "same" gun as us.

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

I think we might hopefully be past the time when DE accidentally buffed enemy weapons when they buffed our versions, too. Corpus techs specifically got a nerf to their supras back in August while ours went untouched, so it's not like they're currently using the "same" gun as us.

God I still have nightmares. Lol

21 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

I don't want it buffed at all because that means the Corpus Techs will kill us even faster now... :/

That's not how it works, just because the player version of the supra gets buffed. Doesn't mean the Corpus Tech version gets buffed.

As a player with both Supras on my top 3 used primaries, I'm still unsure how I feel about the proposed changes.

Yes, it's a damage increase by about .5 dmg per shot. The firerate will smooth out the crits.

Last I checked nullie bubbles did reduce per damage done, and don't take crit damage. Other things that don't take crit damage are arctic globes and deathorbs.

Increased status will be good against grineer and infested. 

So all in all, buffed vs Grineer and Infested. Nerfed vs the most evil Corpus units.

5 hours ago, trndr said:

As a player with both Supras on my top 3 used primaries, I'm still unsure how I feel about the proposed changes.

Yes, it's a damage increase by about .5 dmg per shot. The firerate will smooth out the crits.

Last I checked nullie bubbles did reduce per damage done, and don't take crit damage. Other things that don't take crit damage are arctic globes and deathorbs.

Increased status will be good against grineer and infested. 

So all in all, buffed vs Grineer and Infested. Nerfed vs the most evil Corpus units.

It was never good with corpus units but now with the buff maybe you could use hunter munitions but idk how good it would be 

12 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

That's not how it works, just because the player version of the supra gets buffed. Doesn't mean the Corpus Tech version gets buffed.

Hopefully techs won't get buffed.

But remember when they buffed the Kraken pistol and Seekers were able to pretty much one-shot at nearly all levels of play?
Or when they buffed the ignis and Scorches and Hyekka masters got that buff?

The thing is that DE has a history of buffing our weapons...and giving any enemy who uses it the same exact buff (with the additional enemy level scaling on top of it).

36 minutes ago, (PS4)sack_shot01 said:

It was never good with corpus units but now with the buff maybe you could use hunter munitions but idk how good it would be 

I've never had a problem with corpus units, partially due to most corpus units being made out of shielded paper, and partially due to supras firerate.

Only corpus units that are any threats at decent range are nullies.

Personally I find hunters useless on sub 100% crit chance, so it won't go near any of my Supras, even if the crit chance is increased to 20%.

4 minutes ago, trndr said:

I've never had a problem with corpus units, partially due to most corpus units being made out of shielded paper, and partially due to supras firerate.

Only corpus units that are any threats at decent range are nullies.

Personally I find hunters useless on sub 100% crit chance, so it won't go near any of my Supras, even if the crit chance is increased to 20%.

Level 100 corpus units?