Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the hell is Meme Strike being nerf'd? I'm getting so sick of it, it literally is worse than Ember.

--TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe

It is as simple as the title. I don't have a problem with the mod per se, but the fact that Atterax, Lecta, Scoliac, polearms and staves can potentially have up to 20m range with rivens.... 20 meters, that is a whole 20 meters ahead of the group of other players. And not even necessarily max 20 meters, possibly even 21 or 22m on scoliac and such. Why can this mod even be used on these weapon types? It completely trivializes the whole game. I did a test earlier just for ####s and giggles, and ran sortie 2 15 times, 9 of those times I had someone, or even a few games, 2 people with a meme strike setup and totally just eating the map of enemies. Completely no challenge or competition.

Like up close most of my melees can easily take on hundreds of level enemies, but in such a wide AOE it completely makes the game boring and ridiculous to watch, a Nekros or a Volt or something just zipping around, Rax Droning the whole area and leaving nothing in 2 seconds kind of makes the game boring, even at high levels. Ember see, is getting her nerf/buff, but the thing is she doesn't scale. This is essentially the same thing, the completely same exact thing that just requires interaction from the player, EXCEPT IT SCALES IN THE LEVELS OF 200+ this is ridiculous.

I can see the mod fitting in the game, it can be very good on some weapons, it just is the range that kills it for me, its stupid. If it were like 5m, 6m maybe then it'd be kinda tolerable. But come on DE please, either make it like a static crit chance, or a multiplicative one like Embedded Catalyzer instead of scaling so high with Blood Rush, thisll at least help a little bit, or just don't allow it on high ranged melees or something. 

I'm expecting a ton of backlash from this post, but being a veteran there isn't much left in the game for me to do, so I run sorties and long survivals, kuva floods and such for some fun and challenge, it ABSOLUTELY pisses me off when I just wanna run a game for some fun and an Ahole is droning around like a buzzsaw killing everything in sight. I can't even hit anything, where is the fun in that??

Sincerely AF, from a long time player, as in the beginning, just hear me out. Warframe has changed for the better definitely, but dozens times worse in bad ways, this is one example that needs to be looked into. Nerf the damn thing please.

inB4hate

I don't think it needs a str8 nerf m8, but it definitely needs some form of level scaling. I also find it annoying when people use maiming strike like a chainsaw strapped to a rotary blade, although it does have potential to be a good mod. It also needs to be removed from the melee riven pool, as no other event-specific mod stats are in any other riven pools. Saying this as someone who owns the mod.

Edited by Daggerpaw1

You want to play for fun, but then you complain of people, cheesing sortie? LoL.
You said you like to run long survivals, and you don't know how awfully pure crit melees scale? LoL.

Maiming Strike is fine as it is, it's a mod that forces you to build around spin attacks at the cost of basically everything else.

You didn't read, boi. I don't necessarily mind the mod, but the fact that it can have such huge melee range is the problem. If it were just like a 5, 6m range/AOE then I wouldn't mind it AS MUCH, but you constantly see noobs using it on huge range melees like whips, the range is double what every other melee is, not counting rivens. Including rivens it becomes absurd. BUT you can't just not allow it on specific types of weapons cause that is basically prejudice against a weapon type and people won't like that. So it needs another alternative, a nerf. You are defending it so I assume you main it btw.

Literally nothing requires maiming strike. Those people with 20 meter range melee weapons don't need maiming strike to clear the room.

You're making it sound like it's impossible for a high slide damage melee weapon to easily kill high level enemies without the mod, which is absurd.Melee weapons are RIDICULOUSLY overpowered as it is, and that's not even taking into account blood rush and the likes. When you reach one-shot damage values, doesn't matter how much more damage you throw on top, it does squat.

I don't think Maiming Strike needs to be nerfed, melee in general is incredibly strong compared to shooting the enemy.  A simple blood rush mod covers all the crit on maiming strike plus some AND you get combos with momentum to avoid knock downs/staggers as well as forced status procs with certain stances

Maiming Strike also has a few bars of entry including the challenge of actually getting it, whether it be the cost or waiting for acolytes to spawn again (hopefully not in the middle of Christmas this time) which I think is a positive thing for it, it gives people a target item that they can save for that will increase their builds by a lot.  It's pretty fun to play if you're into the one button mob farming akin to farming builds in more traditional ARPGs like Diablo and Path of Exile.

Along with all these in the end you still have to interact with the enemy, unlike with Ember where often times you would not even see the enemy on lower level missions you have to hit them with Maiming Strike.

Yep. My Scoliac has 22m with only 198% range riven. with 211% it's really awesome.

Also I have another riven that makes switching out maiming strike worth while as it has 100% chance to crit on slide attack so...

Maiming Strike isn't even a problem when you consider every melee riven can get this stat. And range too. Could make those Dual Ichors a 9m range slide crit monster.

I think you're just barking to hear things.

Edited by Alcatraz
changes "is" to "it's"

Just now, Alcatraz said:

Yep. My Scoliac has 22m with only 198% range riven. with 211% it's really awesome.

Also I have another riven that makes switching out maiming strike worth while as it has 100% chance to crit on slide attack so...

Maiming Strike isn't even a problem when you consider every melee riven can get this stat. And range too. Could make those Dual Ichors a 9m range slide crit monster.

I think you're just barking to hear things.

Exactly, that range is stupid. THIS is my point. The mod is fine, the range is not.

Just now, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

You all literally are missing the point I'm saying.. THE MOD ISN'T NECESSARILY THE PROBLEM, the range of the weapons it is used on is. The mod is fine, but the fact that so many people use it on huge &#! range melees and kills entire rooms of lvl 100 enemies in like 2 seconds is what bugs me.

Well if you can stop and think logically. Would you use it on a melee with such low range that you miss all the enemies except the one's toes you just stepped on, or use one with range to hit the enemies 10 meters away? Orthos Prime has a range of 9 meters, and doesn't need maiming strike to deal crits. Guandao can do this too without maiming strike.

But really, you're just going in circles because nerfing it won't change a thing. People will still continue to do what you hate most.

i didn't read anything other than the title because i'm pretty sure i don't need to - there's nothing wrong with Slide Crit, it's Blood Rush that's the problem because it Multiplies it.
Blood Rush is the only Mod in the game that Multiplies Flat Value Mods. it should not and by being an outlier there, it should not.

solves the problem entirely, without removing the capability for Flat Value Crits to be a useful addition to the game.

I suppose, and yes, I actually would, my Dark Split Swords crits up to 2 mill with a meme build but has a 5m range. I would.

But the whole point of this post was to bring it to DE's attention that this meta is breaking some fun from it, its quite irritating when I just wanna run a kuva flood for some fun, and a guy with a 12m atterax comes in one shotting everything. You know what I mean?

Now come to think of it. OP complains maiming strike takes fun away from HIS game play when used on long reach melees. In order for OP to have fun, he needs to kill hordes of enemies. Seriously go solo and make life easier for everyone. 

PS: I have maiming strike but never used it. 

4 minutes ago, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

Exactly, that range is stupid. THIS is my point. The mod is fine, the range is not.

It's not stupid. It's just a range. That's only good for lower level missions. Not really viable for sorties and then at that level, without adding +DMG and or + Crit DMG. You'll be back to Atterax which will kill everything twice as easy. And sorties aren't hard, just time consuming.

1 minute ago, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

But the whole point of this post was to bring it to DE's attention that this meta is breaking some fun from it, its quite irritating when I just wanna run a kuva flood for some fun, and a guy with a 12m atterax comes in one shotting everything. You know what I mean?

But that's hurting everyone elses fun by nerf the range or maiming strike. Because sometimes it's incredibly fun to spin in circles. Now perhaps more of these players should play in their fixed squads, or more by themselves so others can enjoy themselves, but you don't see any Ember players trying to spare anyone from their 100% up time WoF sprees.

DE is trying to fix that, but with parkour mods, you're still going to see it. People will just have to get creative to do the same things they do now with Ember. And they will.

Fixing this issue you're having now, will just make room for it to come out all over again, only more creative.

Just now, Bronjun said:

Now come to think of it. OP complains maiming strike takes fun away from HIS game play when used on long reach melees. In order for OP to have fun, he needs to kill hordes of enemies. Seriously go solo and make life easier for everyone. 

PS: I have maiming strike but never used it. 

No, I don't needa kill hordes of enemies, I just like higher level content cause it just is more fun, it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it IS mine. If I wanted to play warframe solo then I would, but there is no point in playing an online game I have played for years, solo... 

Just now, Alcatraz said:

But that's hurting everyone elses fun by nerf the range or maiming strike. Because sometimes it's incredibly fun to spin in circles. Now perhaps more of these players should play in their fixed squads, or more by themselves so others can enjoy themselves, but you don't see any Ember players trying to spare anyone from their 100% up time WoF sprees.

DE is trying to fix that, but with parkour mods, you're still going to see it. People will just have to get creative to do the same things they do now with Ember. And they will.

Fixing this issue you're having now, will just make room for it to come out all over again, only more creative.

I suppose, this is right.

Don't really see the issue here. Maim is useful for focus farming w/ multiple weapons(including favorites) w/o putting forma on any of them and how often does range on Riven come up for huge radius weapons and whips?

Also don't see people slide attacking a lot either. Maim sounds fun to use as well as condition overload or w/e that status mod is.

There are no shortages of ways to trivialize gameplay.

As usual, when something gets nerfed, another thing gets buffed to replace it.

Nerfers are constantly fighting a losing battle.

Edited by Sorise