Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the hell is Meme Strike being nerf'd? I'm getting so sick of it, it literally is worse than Ember.

--TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe

1 hour ago, Bronjun said:

Now come to think of it. OP complains maiming strike takes fun away from HIS game play when used on long reach melees. In order for OP to have fun, he needs to kill hordes of enemies. Seriously go solo and make life easier for everyone. 

PS: I have maiming strike but never used it. 

If the player needs to go solo in an online co-op to have fun, then something has already went wrong and needs fixing.

Edited by Twilight053

vor 2 Stunden schrieb --Dr.AbaddonicSloth:

Completely no challenge or competition.

Implying there is any challenge in this game with 4 revives PER MISSION + arcane set revives, + infinitely able to get revived by mates.

If there is one thing i could agree on that also has been suggested a few times before, make it so that +range mods give a set amount of meters so low range melees can actually profit and make use of this mod while long range melees don't get completely ridiculed.

i dont think maimstrike needs a nerf 

what we need is other good alternatives 

i mean who doesnt like a conditional FLAT 90% crit  increase which applies before percent mods?

the problem is it is the ONLY mod which gives a FLAT crit increase

vor 39 Minuten schrieb IceColdHawk:

If there is one thing i could agree on that also has been suggested a few times before, make it so that +range mods give a set amount of meters so low range melees can actually profit and make use of this mod while long range melees don't get completely ridiculed.

no they shouldnt or u would have to increase dmg lvls of those long range weapons to the same as close range

long range weapon like atterax sacrifice a mod slot for range increase because they r aoe weapon with rather low base dmg and thus want to hit more targets at once as compensation

close combat weapons r mostly  for single target nuke

otherwise u could also say that we need an amprex-mod for prim weapons meaning this mod will make it possible to use chain attacks for soma, opticor, tigris and so on just think about what that d mean

Edited by Lord_Yawgmoth

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Lord_Yawgmoth:

long range weapon like atterax sacrifice a mod slot for range increase because they r aoe weapon with rather low base dmg and thus want to hit more targets at once as compensation

Yeah but then you get threads created by people who love to attempt missions slowly in a pure grinding-loot shooter with *insert mediocre weapon here* that can't keep up with *insert long range melee/aoe frame* users.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vor 10 Stunden schrieb --Dr.AbaddonicSloth:

It is as simple as the title. I don't have a problem with the mod per se, but the fact that Atterax, Lecta, Scoliac, polearms and staves can potentially have up to 20m range with rivens.... 20 meters, that is a whole 20 meters ahead of the group of other players. And not even necessarily max 20 meters, possibly even 21 or 22m on scoliac and such. Why can this mod even be used on these weapon types? It completely trivializes the whole game. I did a test earlier just for ####s and giggles, and ran sortie 2 15 times, 9 of those times I had someone, or even a few games, 2 people with a meme strike setup and totally just eating the map of enemies. Completely no challenge or competition.

Like up close most of my melees can easily take on hundreds of level enemies, but in such a wide AOE it completely makes the game boring and ridiculous to watch, a Nekros or a Volt or something just zipping around, Rax Droning the whole area and leaving nothing in 2 seconds kind of makes the game boring, even at high levels. Ember see, is getting her nerf/buff, but the thing is she doesn't scale. This is essentially the same thing, the completely same exact thing that just requires interaction from the player, EXCEPT IT SCALES IN THE LEVELS OF 200+ this is ridiculous.

I can see the mod fitting in the game, it can be very good on some weapons, it just is the range that kills it for me, its stupid. If it were like 5m, 6m maybe then it'd be kinda tolerable. But come on DE please, either make it like a static crit chance, or a multiplicative one like Embedded Catalyzer instead of scaling so high with Blood Rush, thisll at least help a little bit, or just don't allow it on high ranged melees or something. 

I'm expecting a ton of backlash from this post, but being a veteran there isn't much left in the game for me to do, so I run sorties and long survivals, kuva floods and such for some fun and challenge, it ABSOLUTELY pisses me off when I just wanna run a game for some fun and an Ahole is droning around like a buzzsaw killing everything in sight. I can't even hit anything, where is the fun in that??

Sincerely AF, from a long time player, as in the beginning, just hear me out. Warframe has changed for the better definitely, but dozens times worse in bad ways, this is one example that needs to be looked into. Nerf the damn thing please.

inB4hate

if it pisses you off how others enjoy the game, then why you don't play solo or play with a set group clan members or go in recruiting and ask specifically to group only with people that dont use MS ? Seriously i don't understand People like you. I have MS but i rarely or never use it. But i fail to see why i should not sometimes enjoy something in game because you personally don't like it. Maybe i don't like the color of your Warframe or the Frame you use ? so what ? Let People play how and what they want. If not play alone.

10 hours ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

I think it just need to be applied after blood rush and not before.

This. Due to the way it scales with blood rush it's basically a 450% multiplicative damage increase on a 20% base crit weapon. Funny thing is, it will still be best in slot if it's made to apply after Blood Rush, it will just be less ridiculous.

Just make it apply after Blood Rush/Gladiator, not before.

4 hours ago, Gandergear said:

》Long time player who doesnt realize condition overload scales infinitely better than maiming strike

Memestrike stops working on sortie 3 and higher levels, stop complaining

Neither of those is true. CO doesn't scale "infinitely" at all, while Maiming Strike (by way of Blood Rush) does. CO also doesn't do full DPS until all status effects you have available are applied to the target, meaning actual time to kill does not reflect damage potential. MS/BR, on the other hand, carries between targets and does full damage immediately to each new target. It's not actually practical to apply enough status effects to an enemy to compete with a Maiming Strike build, let alone keep them applied. Condition Overload is really good, but as long as Maiming Strike gets multiplied by Blood Rush and/or Gladiator bonuses, it will always outdo CO.

Maiming strike needs adjusting on the negative side,see nerfing, and it can't be ruled out that people who defend it passionately are those who have dozens of the thing and want it to remain as is so they can keep selling at those, current, exorbitant prices. Make it so it adds 90% of the weapons base critical chance instead of a flat 90% chance.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

9 hours ago, Gandergear said:

》Long time player who doesnt realize condition overload scales infinitely better than maiming strike

Memestrike stops working on sortie 3 and higher levels, stop complaining

Kindly skip to six minutes in. This is why Memestrike needs to be calculated after Blood Rush (granted this was with old Shadow Step, but just include an Ivara/Octavia and you're golden).

This player isn't even using a riven that can add even more slide crit/crit damage/crit chance/flat damage. Condition Overload doesn't come even close to that level of damage to that many enemies each strike.

And for more reasons why people (myself included) hate Memeing Strike, watch this.

This is just ridiculous. Imagine being a player trying to have fun shooting stuff; good luck. When the game is reduced to the most "efficient" strategy and that strategy is your frame having a seizure at warp speed (and not using the amazing parkour systems, wide variety of weapons, frame abilities (besides those that buff your melee)), something has to change; it just makes the game look stupid, especially to people who might be curious about playing.

Edited by Magneu

You people dont understand that people have spent thousand of plats on maiming strike and similar rivens. Plat comes from money and you think money drops from the sky? Perhaps these nerf whiners are rich brats with parents a lot of disposable income or highly talented people who can earn ten grand without breaking a sweat. However, I hope you can understand the people who have spent their hard earned money on maiming strike and rivens. I personally have spent a thousand plus plat on maiming strike and rivens with hard earned plat from trade chat and I and certainly people who spent real money for these rivens would like to see maiming strike mechanic left untouched.

If you dont like seeing people using slide attack there is the recruit option to play with like minded people. Please stop being selfish and only thinking about your own game experience and spare a thought for those who have shelled money earned with blood and sweat.

Must we punished gamers who are simply using the tools DE has provided? The answer is no and hence stop all this nonsenical posts of wanting to see maiming strike nerfed.

Meh. There are many such mods. Arguably blood rush is way stronger. To the point of maiming strike not useful on all melee builds.

Those weapons OP listed are the problem, but that is their party trick. They do just aswell without maiming strike in alternative builds.

90% crit chance with 1.5x crit modifier is not that impressive.

All these weapons fall off at endgame.

Atterax is strong because slash is broken. But atterax benefits from higher status chance more than maiming strike.

So in short, maiming strike is hardly as strong as OP would lead us to believe.

Infact most of my endgame builds don't feature it.

Condition overload is way stronger on a decent status weapon.

Maiming strike just gives you instant crit right away.