Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the hell is Meme Strike being nerf'd? I'm getting so sick of it, it literally is worse than Ember.

--TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe

You have my respect for making the topic.

I would have made one myself, but being hated by crybabies that "loves" their gamebreaking maiming strikes, and all their salty comments how its "for fun" and other lame comments how its "fair and balanced" , "play solo" etc....

Era of Maiming strike, and all slide-attack melee exploits has to end already. Same like with former Telos Boltace.

That and Mesa, Ember, and overall polearms and their broken ranges. Its nearly as bad with this garbage of a mod.

Whoever defends the maiming strike is "playing" warframe on easiest difficulty there is. I would not be surprised if they couldnt get a single kill in conclave.

Edited by Inquizitor

1. Maiming Strike's crit bonus being multiplied by Blood Rush is what leads to its overwhelming effectiveness as it turns every weapon into a crit a weapon. Remove that, and it (as well as its riven variant) become a nice bump for slide attacks here and there, then look around and see what things look like.

2. At the head of the big weapon rebalance dev workshop, it is explicitly mentioned that similar overhauls for melee weapons and beam weapons were in the works.

3. Melee weapons have a slot of S#&$ going on with them as that'd include stances (which means stance combos, damage amplification, and proc application [which is further going to be complicated by whatever changes are in the works for the procs rework that's also in the pipeline]) as well.

5 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I vote to remove maiming strike from the game entirely. Then we can go back to normal.

There is nothing normative.

Remove Maiming Strike, people complain about Blood Rush. Remove Blood Rush, Primed Reach is the target. Remove Primed Reach, Primed Pressure Point. Condition Overload. Primed Continuity. Primed Flow. Fleeting Expertise. Range Mods. Toggle Abilities. Exalted Weapons.

Everything is going to go down into some primordial goop. It’s a chain of complaints that’s supposed to lead to this imaginative ideal of “True Balance” which is as figurative and unrealistic as “Perfection.”

14 hours ago, Sasuda said:

Using recruiting chat and playing solo are both reasonable alternate suggestions to players looking to play without someone 'ruining their game' all the while actually asking to have someone else's gameplay removed. I mean doesn't that ruin their game?

No. That defeats the purpose of "public" matchmaking, which is supposed to accommodate as many people as possible, not be a total free-for-all. People with disruptive playstyles are the ones who need to solo, recruit, or play with friends. People who just want to play the game should not be prevented from doing that by other players. Besides, if your playstyle is "ruined" by being reined in just enough to give other players a chance to participate, it's probably toxic and shouldn't exist in the first place. The player pool for public matchmaking doesn't need to be broken up. The solution to "these players don't get along" is partly a matter of respect, but also of design. Encouraging a schism in the community is not a healthy approach.

9 minutes ago, VortexInfinity said:

Well guys answer my question. What will be a suitable compensatiom for the people who have spent a lot of plat on maiming strike and rivens eh?. You guys seem to be delibrately avoiding my question

Welcome to speculative purchasing. Your compensation was buying the item.

4 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

People who just want to play the game should not be prevented from doing that by other players.

What qualifies people just wanting to play the game? And being prevented by other players?
Even if this is nerfed it won't make a difference in the end, players will always find another solution. I don't need to have maiming strike to achieve 90% of the damage in a mission. It's not like I'm trying to prevent other players from playing when I do, either. More or less I'm just wanting to play the game. Mods are setup in a power structure that rewards grind players who have played longer, and understand weapons and modding will always be stronger and do more than players who don't. It's got a little leveling up going on. If this gets nerfed players will still be completely dominated. And will complain about the next thing that needs to be nerfed. And players who have built up strength over time will be annoyed they wasted their time setting themselves up in the system. It's a continual cycle, and nerfing will never be a long term solution. Players who like and enjoy their setup are punished because other players can't keep up.

Besides, if your playstyle is "ruined" by being reined in just enough to give other players a chance to participate, it's probably toxic and shouldn't exist in the first place. The player pool for public matchmaking doesn't need to be broken up.

Public matchmaking doesn't need to have hard set rules to separate players, I'm not asking for that. But players can play public, have someone do majority of the work and not care. Public is fine for them. But for people who are upset when they can't keep up they can set themselves up to find players they like playing with more easily with some more/better options available to them.

It's a different game but a similar scenario is playing Pokemon in a public match with total randoms, you may end up battling your level 20-somethings with someone who's maxed every stat as high as possible with level 100 legnedaries and you'll be clean swept with 1 attack 6 times. That's a public match. But if you adjust you settings to find battles with a level cap similar to yours you'll actually have a good match. There are probably plenty of scenarios someone could come up with that could be closer to Warframe but the core mechanics are the same. If you look at most online multiplayer games in the last 20 years, majority of them have better systems to find players with better matchups.

It's shocking how people actually want no improvements to the recruit chat and clans being the main options for matchmaking. Just by adding options you'll cut a huge chunk of "I can't play with other players" threads like these.

4 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Encouraging a schism in the community is not a healthy approach.

Why does this encourage schism in the community? Better options for matchmaking brings players together who want to be together. There will always be players who don't like other players and their playstyles. Doesn't leaving these players together and leaving them to demand nerfs encourage a schism in the community? Where players don't understand each other's goals or mindsets and are dropped blindly into matches together? Where they argue over whether a playstyle is legitimate or whether it should exist or be taken away?

I think this issue would be solved if:

a) people were able to farm for it more often  (then some salty players wouldn't feel cheated/jealous, and wouldn't be asking for the nerf)

B) This one is really important & key; if people weren't selfish a-holes, who abused the use of memestrike. (Just like with WoF ember, or resonating quake banshee)

I'm serious. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

5 hours ago, VortexInfinity said:

Well guys answer my question. What will be a suitable compensatiom for the people who have spent a lot of plat on maiming strike and rivens eh?. You guys seem to be delibrately avoiding my question

Well, What will be the compensation for spending 30 minutes of my limited time in a survival with 3 guys using maiming strike atterax without being able to do something when i was promised fun an cooperative gameplay? BTW, money can be earned, time cant

And again one of these loud screamers in the forums.
Calling for nerfs here and there in his plan to disrupt someones fun in Warframe.
Just get over it, dammit. Other people have different approaches of playing.

I hated that my Ember, i've just bought a nice TennoGen skin has been nerfed to the point of being useless because of screamer/whiners like you.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:33 PM, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

It is as simple as the title. I don't have a problem with the mod per se, but the fact that Atterax, Lecta, Scoliac, polearms and staves can potentially have up to 20m range with rivens.... 20 meters, that is a whole 20 meters ahead of the group of other players. And not even necessarily max 20 meters, possibly even 21 or 22m on scoliac and such. Why can this mod even be used on these weapon types? It completely trivializes the whole game. I did a test earlier just for ####s and giggles, and ran sortie 2 15 times, 9 of those times I had someone, or even a few games, 2 people with a meme strike setup and totally just eating the map of enemies. Completely no challenge or competition.

Like up close most of my melees can easily take on hundreds of level enemies, but in such a wide AOE it completely makes the game boring and ridiculous to watch, a Nekros or a Volt or something just zipping around, Rax Droning the whole area and leaving nothing in 2 seconds kind of makes the game boring, even at high levels. Ember see, is getting her nerf/buff, but the thing is she doesn't scale. This is essentially the same thing, the completely same exact thing that just requires interaction from the player, EXCEPT IT SCALES IN THE LEVELS OF 200+ this is ridiculous.

I can see the mod fitting in the game, it can be very good on some weapons, it just is the range that kills it for me, its stupid. If it were like 5m, 6m maybe then it'd be kinda tolerable. But come on DE please, either make it like a static crit chance, or a multiplicative one like Embedded Catalyzer instead of scaling so high with Blood Rush, thisll at least help a little bit, or just don't allow it on high ranged melees or something. 

I'm expecting a ton of backlash from this post, but being a veteran there isn't much left in the game for me to do, so I run sorties and long survivals, kuva floods and such for some fun and challenge, it ABSOLUTELY pisses me off when I just wanna run a game for some fun and an Ahole is droning around like a buzzsaw killing everything in sight. I can't even hit anything, where is the fun in that??

Sincerely AF, from a long time player, as in the beginning, just hear me out. Warframe has changed for the better definitely, but dozens times worse in bad ways, this is one example that needs to be looked into. Nerf the damn thing please.

inB4hate

one solution to entirely fix the range is simply making scoliac rivens roll with half the crit on slides that they normally do.

I will give you a maiming strike if you edit your post to say nothing about nerfing it and only praise it. I have 5 of them I never use them because it's boring, I don't know why you have to complain about it. Most people who are upset about it just don't have one.

For as many maiming strikes are out there I actually only see maybe one or two people using it during a 6 to 8 hour gaming period. Most people use it for a while then put it to the side when they get bored. It's doesn't need to be changed, it's doesn't affect the game as much as you're making it out to. 

All this crazy range nonsense you're talking about is actually insane riven mods for the weapons you mentioned. If anything direct your angst towards 200% range 170% slide crit rivens. Cause that's what it seems like you're encountering.

There are much stronger things than maiming strike so don't be so salty about a mod that doesn't deserve the ire.:thumbup:

The existence of the mod itself though, is a much more annoying thing compared to speedclear ember imo. It's awkward gameplay yet stupidly powerful. I've used Maiming Strike and came to a realization, It's strong. But slideattacking is not fun, nor I'll get an autohotkey for it to do the job. You could roll a riven mod with a stat similar to Maiming and it'd work the same.

So I wouldn't mind nerfing it, but remember there'll be something that become a new meta. Maiming Strike open up for fairly bad weapons to have a chance in endgame. to support it

Edited by FrustratedCephalon

i see a lot of ppl talking bs here idk...

and misdirecting the actual problem of maiming strike which is its crazy synergy through blood rush, high range and combo counter it s all these effects together

the main point though is the flat increase in crit before applying mods like bloodrush (which actually needs a review in my opinion)

though instead of nerfing this rly well working synergy we should simply implement more of it to create diversity with other weapons too

the first thing would be a mod which gives a flat increase in range but reduces weapon dmg that way u could make anything into something whiplike

second would be true steel as lil brother of maiming strike giving a flat increase of 60% instead of how it works atm

yeah instead of complaining like lil children who didnt get there sweets maybe use that head of urs to come up with some good ideas 

On 2/9/2018 at 6:43 PM, VortexInfinity said:

People need to realize that every time they pay plat for a weapon, warframe, or mod, they're gambling. Even spending hours farming for something is a gamble after you get it. No different than when a new item comes out and people buy it before DE realizes it's overpowered and nerf it. Last I remember, you don't get anything but a lighter wallet if you lose a gamble. One reason the nerf of maiming strike is so heavily opposed is because people don't want to lose out on such an expensive gamble (the paying thousands of plat or wasting hours farming like idiots.) Guess what? Tough. And there have been several good answers to your question if you bothered to read them.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:58 AM, DarkRuler2500 said:

And again one of these loud screamers in the forums.
Calling for nerfs here and there in his plan to disrupt someones fun in Warframe.
Just get over it, dammit. Other people have different approaches of playing.

I hated that my Ember, i've just bought a nice TennoGen skin has been nerfed to the point of being useless because of screamer/whiners like you.

It is possible, if you listen, you will hear that the frequent use of maiming strike and pre-rework ember disrupted many other players' fun very often. Also, it was a rework, not a nerf. It even compensates you when the range decreases. A nerf would just be "decrease range by 10m" or "decrease damage by this amount" instead of going "your range decreases over time, but as it does your damage increases." Oh and it's kind of funny how you call people screamers and whiners when if you look at your post, you're doing exactly what you're complaining about. Even more so, if you think about it. You're just screaming and whining at people who you say are screaming and whining. If pressing one once or two buttons repeatedly in rapid succession for anywhere between 2 minutes to several hours is fun to you, perhaps try playing a roller coaster simulator or something of the like.

Edited by Minatos_Gordem

When since was warframe a gambling game? Gambling for the loot is okayish, but if the loot itself is a gamble then this is outright cheating the players who have spent time and money to acquire that loot. Perhaps you so rich that losing a gamble is peanuts to you, but not every player can afford to lose so much money just because some people are whining that they cannot deal top damage with their favourite weapons.

Edited by VortexInfinity

The gambling isn't like loot boxes where you're gambling to get something (unless you're trying to farm a mod or part.) You're gambling when you expect your new and shiny maiming strike or ember or new thing to not be reduced in quality later down the road. It's a different kind of gamble, definitely not cheating the players. You buy/earn something expecting it to be good. It's good, until DE nerfs it. There's the gamble. You're betting on whether or not your thing gets knocked down a peg or two on the power scale after you get it. Not like loot boxes where you're paying to merely have a chance at something and then get cheated out of it. You got the thing you wanted, you just have to worry about if it's going to have it's strength taken down or not down the line.

FWIW, I've been rolling a Condition Overload build that kills at LEAST as fast as a Maiming Strike for my Zaw polearm.  In fact, I've found that my CO machete kills faster than my Sliderax.

I think the issue y'all have with Maiming Strike is that people aren't being imaginative with their builds.  You can't police people's choices.

More than just nerfing one mod, some of these weapons need better melee combos.  Hell, without even running Maiming I find myself sliding into some packs on occasion.  It's a great initiator, it's a solid way to clear smurfs, and you're slightly harder to hit.  It's also fun to occasionally do something other than just hammer E over and over and over and over and over and over......

If you believe that the issue is CAUSED by Maiming Strike, think again.  I'm pretty sure that whip users won't change a damn thing if this mod is nerfed.  Hell, if Maiming Strike is removed tomorrow PEOPLE WILL STILL DO THIS!

Role-playing a top is about as fun and engaging as punching two keys (or one macro key) over and over and over again can be.  The effectiveness stems from slide attack damage bonuses, bypassing slow and inefficient melee combos, and utilizing high range to it's best potential.

Maiming Strike is the frosting on the cake.  Getting rid of it would change NOTHING WHATSOEVER.  I would prefer meaningful action be taken to fix a bigger problem in melee; that being the simple superiority of slide attacking.

No, it's no fun.  No, it's not the only choice.  But sitting around whining about one mod when there's a bigger problem is about as helpful as spin-2-win itself.

EDIT:  Whenever the argument is "someone else is killing harder/faster/better/stronger than I am, plz nerf" or some variant thereof it crawls right up my craw.  Look, when people kill things in Warframe, they're playing the game.  That's all we can do in game.  I would LOVE having more to do, but for now, this is how we interact with the game.

This logic leads to continuously nerfing everything until all that's left is bland porridge.

Look, I want to see problems fixed.  Maiming Strike isn't the root cause of the slide attack trouble.  Primed Reach might be.

Edited by Cytobel

Never did I personally mention Condition Overload, I mentioned the range on meme strike... My CO melees kill faster than meme strike as well, but the problem is the absolutely ridiculous range meme strike has on some weapons, and it completely obliterates any trash mobs, and some higher tier mobs, at most levels... in a huge AOE range. Anywho, continue to argue. DE needs to see this.

They should fix the mod so that it's crit works the same way as True Steel and every other crit mod in the game, because right now it is bugged. They could then buff the crit values as part of the fix, in order to keep it still worthwhile. Also normalize the ranges of weapons somewhat (i.e. raise the range on the bottom end weapons, and lower range on top end slightly).. I do not even consider using most of my melee weapons due to crappy range, when I have polearms and whips that hit 3x further.