Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.11.1

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, Mokkun108 said:

I promised myself not to enter the plains ever again, and so I won't. I'll try relic packs instead, no thanks to braindead, rage inducing and bugged bounties.

At least Hieracon 2000+ you can play in a randon squad where there's always a DEGREE of variabbility.

is it possible to get frost prime, wyrm prime, reaper prime, sicarus prime, and latron prime parts this way?

I am sorely disappointed. I'm happy, but disappointed.

I got tired of the plains. I ended up going back to finish my standing and do the ghoul event for ALL the lore, which was a burn-out in of itself...as well as scanning everything 20 times (until after the event was over the first time it got tuned back to 3 scans...).

But now, instead of rushing through 10 waves of Defense for Lith/Meso/Neo and doing Excavation (which comes with chances for 400 Endo on the first two digs) to try and get various relics along with the unvaulted ones...now I have to endure more RNG?

Let me explain my experience. First, I have NEVER seen the Axi S2 turn into an Axi L1 in each time the bounties change. If anyone else has, I was probably SLEEPING at that time.

The only STATIC relic to get reliable is Lith G2...that is it. That relic always stays there on the 2nd lowest bounty. The rest? Well better hope that after you rush those runs trying to get ONE OF FIVE bronze and hope it isn't the silver or gold either, that when the bounties reset that you can still go for the one you really want.

As someone who has been running these bounties for the relics I need, more often than not...I leave the plains without a single relic. In all of my runs I have got about 2 Neo, 2 Meso and 1 Axi. And other than taking a break to open these relics, this monotonous boring grind is all I've been confined to out of SHEER DESPERATION to get the stuff I need before the unvaulting ends.

If I was a cynical individual, though I am not, I'd probably hold the belief you made it this stupidly boring and RNG-heavy to encourage BUYING the unvault packs for real money to bypass this snoozefest of disappointment. I sure hope that it isn't the case.

3 hours ago, UjaAca said:

That is not my fortune, like I said, I run on a potato computer - Startup is like 3-5 mins, my browser barely works, let alone the game. But I tuned down everything to low, and turned off everything that impacts the performance and: Voila, my game works! I was also clear about who's complains are out of place: People who say: "I run everything on high in other games and other WF content, but PoE is so bad, I tune it down do Medium and is still sucks!" This is simply unreal to me. Either they actually don't have a good computer setup, or they do something terribly wrong. For people who have even worse computer setup than me: It's not me who should excuse them or anybody. Warframe has more than 20GB of content. You can't expect for it to run like some indie game of 100MB. I am sure DE is trying their best to make game playable on low end computer as well as they do their best to make game great for high end computer setups. But regarding switching vaulted relics to be the only relics you can obtain from PoE (and be common drop while we are at it) brings me to more important thing:

Do you really think having a chance for a relic you want in Hieracon (or any other mission you turn to for Axi farm) every rotation C (where the pool of rewards is every relic in game + some rare mods) is better than having to literally do rotation A in PoE to get what you need and have 50-50% chance of getting it? Rotation A in PoE is literally Axi relic or Breath of the Eidolon. Not to mention that in all other rotations you still have the highest chance to get Relic you want or Breath of the Eidolon.
Bringing Maiming Strike into this conversation is pointless, since it is the rare drop (2%) and time framed. Relic drop in PoE is a common drop and in high bounties you literally have 50-50 chance of getting it in the first part of the Bounty.

You missed my point dude, the reason i used Maiming strike as an example was due to the factor of RNG. it does not always work the way you want it to so even with the 50-50 drop as you said, there is still a chance for you to not get it mate, i know that has happened to me when i went farming yesterday, only got one relic so far. and i'm certain others may have had even less luck than me. And even with that 50-50 chance, people would still rather farm their relics the old way because they can get other stuff to make it worthwhile while doing so. And yes, with computer setup for plains, that is still an iffy thing and i say that from experience, my friend who plays it has a better  PC than mine and even with everything turned off on warframe, he still can't load into the plains whereas i can.

10 minutes ago, Cebian said:

You missed my point dude, the reason i used Maiming strike as an example was due to the factor of RNG. it does not always work the way you want it to so even with the 50-50 drop as you said, there is still a chance for you to not get it mate, i know that has happened to me when i went farming yesterday, only got one relic so far. and i'm certain others may have had even less luck than me. And even with that 50-50 chance, people would still rather farm their relics the old way because they can get other stuff to make it worthwhile while doing so. And yes, with computer setup for plains, that is still an iffy thing and i say that from experience, my friend who plays it has a better  PC than mine and even with everything turned off on warframe, he still can't load into the plains whereas i can.

I am not missing anything. You would like to farm Relics the old way, because you are used to it. So when DE offers you 50% to get something, you will choose 7% because RNGod may not be on your side, so it doesn't matter... If it's not meant to be, it is not meant to be xD

I would suggest an experiment:
Pick the highest drop chance Meso Relic on Io and farm for half an hour. (it has to be a specific Relic)
Go to plains and farm Meso Relic.
After half an hour look at what you got more.

And then do the same for Neo/Axi relic and check back.

GL Tenno!

how about instead of keys beeing bounty reward, make a parts already bountie reward?
un-vault will took 2 months during which there could be potentially second tree of bounties were rewards could rotate just as normal bounties do 
this way there wont be a double "dice check" first on relict and then on relict itself reward and fe. rare relict rewards would be the rarest bountie reward

and god dammit are there any plans to make bounties a bit less dull? plague star event make them something that most people would prefer to avoid at all cost 

Archived