Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.11.1

[DE]Megan

Just now, CapitainRepDom said:

when i will be able to change my pc account to ps4, because im be waiting soo long 

they already did a migration period, long ago. It is no longer possible because of how far behind the console version is. It's just unwieldy for them to go into your account and delete the items you have on pc that don't exist yet on the console versions.

46 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Your point being? By doing bounties you have an enormous chane of getting what you want and reduce the overall time you'll be farming relics altogether. How can you not see that doing somehting boring for a smaller period of time is way better than choosing where do do it but taking months to get what you want?

its better to wait two daynight cycles for what you want to come around and still being subject to rng on top of rng, on a non randomized tile, with no alternative faction or tile choices? 

if you feel that way, fine. but remember, there is no safety mechanic against bad luck. you can run the bounties with "focused" (but time gated and windowed) rewards that are still rng and get NONE even there. isn't that fun when talking time? just as its improbable but not impossible that someone fails to get any relics after "sufficient" time, its also an equal likelihood that someone HAS to get none for that time period eventually. the reason for no bad luck protection mechanic? you can always buy it. 

so when you follow the facts that likely or not its still the same rng on get or not get the thing, that evens out, which just leaves: do i have a choice of what i'm looking at while i do this or the enemy types and mechanics? yes/no. plains is no.

does the map randomize at all so the only rng is on task and where the pavlovian waypoint for the stage pops? for plains yes. if i hate defense and standing at a point like some kind of drone turret can i skip if for plains? no.

okay then. so assuming i am one who can enter, and its not failing outright or being incompletable for random reasons? i can have a 1 hour 50 minute window to try to get more of a needed relic before i have 6 hours waiting before i can try again for that one. 

ugh, no i'm just gonna exit this thread. we have plenty of places spread around the starchart where relics can go, like captures(as i noted) which ALL share a single drop table, everywhere.. among other places. that this unvault contains literally my last unobtained sentinel and non excal prime frames, as well as most of whats left in weapons.. still seriously considering not bothering thanks to the plains fetishism.

i will say i do appreciate that plains exists as a thing that some people could and/or do love even if i do not. i appreciate the technical achievement and team effort all around it represents. 

i just can't change that i personally just hate it as a combination of factors, and that it has only gotten worse for every recurring event or attempt to finish off all the things gated in it AS IS. it only takes no reward stages during ghouls, and umpteen autofail or no spawn softlocked stages, or solo only into public groups, random adds during plague star causing rescue guards to aggro on infested and start timers when i'm nowhere near the area yet for regular bounties, and splitting the join with friend premades and all the rest before "don't love but tolerate" plus EVEN MORE REQUIRED, not for this place itself but for outside this place hits a boiling point.

i can assume the people with the security vs smb protocol cannot login issue tied to plains launch just all left and gave up playing at all by now. now we also still have people unable to simply stick on an old patch where they could play everything in the game til they got sick of it, and gating behind the new performance pushing addition they can't touch, both in focus period, but also this.

Again , Your economy its not DE fault and they dont need to care (and if you dont have a sustainable income ... playing this would be the last that you shoul do ) , if you cant run the game buy a better computer or another game ... its the same that i cry to the devs of any new game because i cant run ir with my crappy computer .... common sense pal .

Absolute no dev its going to care if you cant run a game in a toaster . I said this in another topic , my Pc its 5+ years old and i can run it without problem , you cant expect that devs optimice things for hardware older than the same game ....

that this is bringing out the most callous of responses from community when raised just dials it up to 11 for me today.

if your idea of community is find the least able and hammer them into the ground instead of help them.. just.. 

here its simple yagami. the game ran. now parts of it don't. we didn't change that. its not a game we weren't running. its not a game where we can just go back to the last patch where everything in it worked. instead of continuing to follow the general rules and function that existed prior, now its all shoveled into the new unusable part for some. cool.

your suggestion is also to save the money we might spend on this over say, half its existence to date for that pc replacement instead eh? that'll keep the game going right!

you are also stating YOUR case and using it as if it applied in you argument to everyone elses. my machine presently in use is a laptop from 2011. i personally can run plains and have a fairly stable 30fps+. some people with machines 2 years old that ideally should run it can't at all. maybe its faulty hardware maybe it isn't, and maybe those newer machines represent a few years investment and no rapid way to replace things. 

I know there's already 9 pages of that but still: i'm so glad i already have all the unvaulted stuff. Not only am i burnt out on the plains them selves, but loading back and forth through the door always was and still does cause a massive RAM leak on my PC and i only have 6gb (yep, not a typo) which means i have to restart the game after every two bounties.

I though you nuked our believed void because you didn't want people having to farm the SAME missions over and over again. I thought it was important that people be able to obtain a given relic from MULTIPLE missions, like defense, or survival, or excavation, or spy, etc.

Forcing us to play bounties over and over again really feels like we are being forced to play the plains because DE spent a lot of effort on the plains and instead of making the bounties FUN, they will force us there with vaulted relics. Do you need us to play your new content so badly that you have to force players to do so? Nobody I know like bounties (the running all they way from literally one end of the plains to the other is always welcome /s) because there is more time spent running than fighting, warframe powers don' have the range to do nearly what they can in the maps they were actually balanced for, etc. The plains were a neat idea poorly implemented. Let's focus on fixing the bugs and improving the gameplay before forcing people out there with bounties. All plains all the time (let's see the last event was on the plains, the ghouls were on the plains) just makes people resent the plains even more.

I though you nuked our beloved void because you didn't want people having to farm the SAME missions over and over again. I thought it was important that people be able to obtain a given relic from MULTIPLE missions, like defense, or survival, or excavation, or spy, etc.

Forcing us to play bounties over and over again really feels like we are being forced to play the plains because DE spent a lot of effort on the plains and instead of making the bounties FUN, they will force us there with vaulted relics so they can justify the work and feel like people enjoy the plains. Do you need us to play your new content so badly that you have to force players to do so? Nobody I know like bounties (the running all they way from literally one end of the plains to the other is always welcome /s) because there is more time spent running than fighting, warframe powers don' have the range to do nearly what they can in the maps they were actually balanced for, etc. The plains were a neat idea poorly implemented. Let's focus on fixing the bugs and improving the gameplay before forcing people out there with vaulted relics. All plains all the time (let's see the last event was on the plains, the ghouls were on the plains) just makes people resent the plains even more.

I'm hoping y'all at DE are considering Ember more carefully than initially spitballed.  I'm guessing she's selling like smallpox blankets with bad marketing.

Really, she's going to REQUIRE survivability, and ESPECIALLY at closer ranges, if there are going to be changes made.  Close range is no place for a squishy 'Frame.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, that's the one that's on everybody's mind right at present.

Oh, thanks for working on TJV.  Making Arcane farming viable is always good news.

I love that you guys put the relics on PoE bounties cause I totally can load into the plains from cetus 100% of the time without the game forgetting to actually transition me from cetus to plains when I walk into the transition area leaving me in a ridiculous limbo state where the game refuses to open the any of the doors or allow me to fast travel back into cetus despite the option being there and only leaving me the choice to return to my orbiter and ignore plains or try again only to fail again in the same way forcing me to alt+F4 to avoid bashing my lovely monitors into pieces.

It was a really good decision to do this thing that wont negatively affect my ability to grind out these primes and wont at all leave me with the dilemma of missing out on them or paying the frankly rediculous real money price from your store or from in game gougers for platinum.

Thanks I really appreciate it.

So when are you going to lock unvaulted relics behind Archwing or Conclave

That seems like the natural next step

I'm assuming that Mesa Prime's relics will be locked behind Derelict Assassinate and all be gold rarity as well to keep the theme

hace 21 minutos, steelblueskies dijo:

its better to wait two daynight cycles for what you want to come around and still being subject to rng on top of rng, on a non randomized tile, with no alternative faction or tile choices? 

if you feel that way, fine. but remember, there is no safety mechanic against bad luck. you can run the bounties with "focused" (but time gated and windowed) rewards that are still rng and get NONE even there. isn't that fun when talking time? just as its improbable but not impossible that someone fails to get any relics after "sufficient" time, its also an equal likelihood that someone HAS to get none for that time period eventually. the reason for no bad luck protection mechanic? you can always buy it. 

so when you follow the facts that likely or not its still the same rng on get or not get the thing, that evens out, which just leaves: do i have a choice of what i'm looking at while i do this or the enemy types and mechanics? yes/no. plains is no.

does the map randomize at all so the only rng is on task and where the pavlovian waypoint for the stage pops? for plains yes. if i hate defense and standing at a point like some kind of drone turret can i skip if for plains? no.

okay then. so assuming i am one who can enter, and its not failing outright or being incompletable for random reasons? i can have a 1 hour 50 minute window to try to get more of a needed relic before i have 6 hours waiting before i can try again for that one. 

ugh, no i'm just gonna exit this thread. we have plenty of places spread around the starchart where relics can go, like captures(as i noted) which ALL share a single drop table, everywhere.. among other places. that this unvault contains literally my last unobtained sentinel and non excal prime frames, as well as most of whats left in weapons.. still seriously considering not bothering thanks to the plains fetishism.

i will say i do appreciate that plains exists as a thing that some people could and/or do love even if i do not. i appreciate the technical achievement and team effort all around it represents. 

i just can't change that i personally just hate it as a combination of factors, and that it has only gotten worse for every recurring event or attempt to finish off all the things gated in it AS IS. it only takes no reward stages during ghouls, and umpteen autofail or no spawn softlocked stages, or solo only into public groups, random adds during plague star causing rescue guards to aggro on infested and start timers when i'm nowhere near the area yet for regular bounties, and splitting the join with friend premades and all the rest before "don't love but tolerate" plus EVEN MORE REQUIRED, not for this place itself but for outside this place hits a boiling point.

i can assume the people with the security vs smb protocol cannot login issue tied to plains launch just all left and gave up playing at all by now. now we also still have people unable to simply stick on an old patch where they could play everything in the game til they got sick of it, and gating behind the new performance pushing addition they can't touch, both in focus period, but also this.

that this is bringing out the most callous of responses from community when raised just dials it up to 11 for me today.

if your idea of community is find the least able and hammer them into the ground instead of help them.. just.. 

here its simple yagami. the game ran. now parts of it don't. we didn't change that. its not a game we weren't running. its not a game where we can just go back to the last patch where everything in it worked. instead of continuing to follow the general rules and function that existed prior, now its all shoveled into the new unusable part for some. cool.

your suggestion is also to save the money we might spend on this over say, half its existence to date for that pc replacement instead eh? that'll keep the game going right!

you are also stating YOUR case and using it as if it applied in you argument to everyone elses. my machine presently in use is a laptop from 2011. i personally can run plains and have a fairly stable 30fps+. some people with machines 2 years old that ideally should run it can't at all. maybe its faulty hardware maybe it isn't, and maybe those newer machines represent a few years investment and no rapid way to replace things. 

This is going to be a no end cycle but the answer its "bad luck for them" . I dont like too much PoE either (extremely buggy) but its a content for the game and for what it seems the "future" way/path that DE choose so you cant expect that they dont use content because the "poor people" that cant have a decent pc (if you cant run it you are not going to run the corpus and the ones after that and so on  ... better go now )  .

3 hours ago, Giantconch said:

WOO! get your farming hats!

WAIT...

You guys are actually going through with the whole "bounties only"????

Thats quite disappointing and I would hope you guys reconsider this. Though I do appreciate the intent behind allowing more targetted farming of specific relics, constantly running bounties for the vaulted items is not fun. Bounties in general become quite boring and repetetive faster than Xini-spam.

Perhaps as an alternative release some of the vaulted relics into the Void drop tables too? We really do need more variety other than spamming the same bounties again and again and again. Beyond that, mid-low end pc players simply will have severe troubles getting into the plains to obtain these relics.

Or just add way more variety to bounties. They haven't changed or added anything to them since their release except the caves 

This bounty crap is ridiculous.

If i run something like Mithra or similar the chance of me getting Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi is very high. And even if i don't get the relic i wanted i still have a different relic.

Now it's useless mods diluted with useless amounts of kuva and co. This just feels like a way to garantee that within the 2 month no huge amounts of relics are accumulated because the time it takes to do the bounties vs the time it takes for an Interception rotation is probably 3 to 1 if not worse.

This kicks the weapon buffs in the "pu**y" as Chappelle would say it.

P.s. i ran 3 tier 4 bounties without even 1 relic droping. Compared to the same time i would have spent on Bere or Mithra i'd be served way better.

bad bad bad bad bad....just a HORRENDOUS idea to put the unvaulted relics behind a bounty ONLY wall. Syndicate packs aren't relevant here as they aren't a reliable source.

So not only are the unvaulted relics cluttered between other bounty reward table crap, other versions of the meso,axi,lith and neos can't be farmed AT ALL until the bounties reset.

The lack of CHOICE is what irritates me here. Why not have it like normal.

Yes you want the "focused" farming in the bounties but did you ever stop to think about what we might want, the community, why not both in the bounties and as per usual in other missions, interception, spies, defense, survival etc.

and if the problem is too many relics in the normal reward pools now, well you should have thought of that before you started churning out prime after prime to the point where its an overload of too many relics. 

1 minute ago, AugmentedJustice said:

bad bad bad bad bad....just a HORRENDOUS idea to put the unvaulted relics behind a bounty ONLY wall. Syndicate packs aren't relevant here as they aren't a reliable source.

So not only are the unvaulted relics cluttered between other bounty reward table crap, other versions of the meso,axi,lith and neos can't be farmed AT ALL until the bounties reset.

The lack of CHOICE is what irritates me here. Why not have it like normal.

Yes you want the "focused" farming in the bounties but did you ever stop to think about what we might want, the community, why not both in the bounties and as per usual in other missions, interception, spies, defense, survival etc.

and if the problem is too many relics in the normal reward pools now, well you should have thought of that before you started churning out prime after prime to the point where its an overload of too many relics. 

I know right! That's what i said on my post.

I for one have supported relics in bounties because for me it gives more variety to farming them.

However, making the vaulted relics bounty-exclusive is just forcing one mission type. There's been back-to-back PoE events for a few months now and I'm sure I'm not the only one completely and utterly burnt out. I was done after the infested event and couldn't even bring myself to do the Ghoul events. I can't see how this decision was made with the players in mind.

2 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

I for one have supported relics in bounties because for me it gives more variety to farming them.

However, making the vaulted relics bounty-exclusive is just forcing one mission type. There's been back-to-back PoE events for a few months now and I'm sure I'm not the only one completely and utterly burnt out. I was done after the infested event and couldn't even bring myself to do the Ghoul events. I can't see how this decision was made with the players in mind.

Your not the only one, 

Probably 90% of community is mad and 20% of it is about to rage quit.

3 hours ago, An8rchy said:

No, im sorry but no, Cetus and Poe is horrible for anyone with a mid term pc, im sorry but even with a 2 month period, you cant farm relics w/o waiting 10min between each loading zone...

I have 7 year old PC and can play PoE solo fine.....public is a little laggy, but no more laggy than any other tileset......so get a better PC. It is 2018.....

also, why are you farming relics and not just buying relic packs?  lol, didn't think kids still farmed for relics...........

Just now, SQLOwns said:

I have 7 year old PC and can play PoE solo fine.....public is a little laggy, but no more laggy than any other tileset......so get a better PC. It is 2018.....

what if i cant afford a better one so far ? i can play warframe fine, i can do solo plains fine even with a long time between Thatcetus and plains.
That argument means nothing

Archived