Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.11.1

[DE]Megan

Nice, i am so pumped to do bounties in order to get relics. They are pure fun, running 600m between stage-targets is so exciting and also they are soooo non-repetitive. The mission pool has a great diversity so a bounty never gets boring, because you will never know which of the 8 missions is coming next....hmmm so good its pure thrill :)

Seriously, thanks that you gave us the chance to obtain them from syndicate relic packs.

2 minutes ago, SQLOwns said:

I have 7 year old PC and can play PoE solo fine.....public is a little laggy, but no more laggy than any other tileset......so get a better PC. It is 2018.....

also, why are you farming relics and not just buying relic packs?  lol, didn't think kids still farmed for relics...........

I kind of agree, but kind of disagree... Everybody FARMS FOR RELICS. No wonder why people are mad about it since i am too and i understand them probably unlike you.

3 minutes ago, ovissivo said:

Nice, i am so pumped to do bounties in order to get relics. They are pure fun, running 600m between stage-targets is so exciting and also they are soooo non-repetitive. The mission pool has a great diversity so a bounty never gets boring, because you will never know which of the 8 missions is coming next....hmmm so good its pure thrill :)

Seriously, thanks that you gave us the chance to obtain them from syndicate relic packs.

We could always obtain them from syndicate.......

PLUS!

I can see sarcasm in what your saying, i dont think anyone would be happy about that..

well less than 2% for sure

4 hours ago, Giantconch said:

WOO! get your farming hats!

WAIT...

You guys are actually going through with the whole "bounties only"????

Thats quite disappointing and I would hope you guys reconsider this. Though I do appreciate the intent behind allowing more targetted farming of specific relics, constantly running bounties for the vaulted items is not fun. Bounties in general become quite boring and repetetive faster than Xini-spam.

Perhaps as an alternative release some of the vaulted relics into the Void drop tables too? We really do need more variety other than spamming the same bounties again and again and again. Beyond that, mid-low end pc players simply will have severe troubles getting into the plains to obtain these relics.

My little broter doesn't even go to the plains cause his PC cant run it :P

I'm going to join in on the chorus that hope this is reconsidered. PoE has promising parts, but running bounties for a *chance* at a relic is just as much RNG than if they were added to the tables of the mission routes. Plus PoE for all the hype doesn't live up to it in many areas. Most of the time is simply spent moving from point A to B, not in actually fighting things. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Plains door not opening when selecting a Bounty and attempting to join a squad by walking out to the Plains.  

TNX! This one is really annoying to me! I risk to shot my 27" monitor with my big f***ckin 8 forma rivened Opticor several times!!!

You should at least at the relics to the normal drop tables with the other relics, to allow people to farm them how they choose.  The issue with bounties is they still bug out mid bounty alot - i just had the last guy on a liberate camp spawn so far underground there was no way i could reach him.   

Also autofailing a bounty the moment you head out into the plains is annoying as well. 

Thank you for the Zenistar fix! There's also a problem with the Quanta Vandal (I haven't tried the original Quanta)not firing the beam when it has less than 10 ammo left in the mag. I get that you can't use it's secondary since it uses 10 to fire, but the primary beam itself won't fire under 10. Or was that intentional? It wasn't like this before.

Please tell me this is a joke...... why the frick are you making relics drop only in bounties? it does not make me want to play in the plains more, its forcing me to play in the plains. whats with the terrible decisions as of late? The bounties  constantly auto fail and sometimes don't even appear when you go in.  all you did was slow down the farm of these relics by 10x.  good job, you are making the unvaulting packs look more juicy for profit.

I'm really getting tired of excusing your ineptitude, DE. You make these relics bounty only, yet still haven't fixed the bug that makes them impossible to complete due to instantly failing. Plains of Eidolon is not the masterpiece you make it out to be. It's heavily flawed, buggy, and just a painful slog. Instead of listening so much to all the sycophants sucking your $&*^, how about you pay more attention to the veterans who you've been completely pushing aside for the past few years? You know, the people who got you to where you are now.

Did you guys fix the extraction markers on surival missions as well?  I don't see it in the notes, but the extraction markers on survival missions STAY RED and thoese red waypoints are hard to see on the map because it almost looks BLACK in color.  The first few days of that was aggravating because you sometimes act like a headless chicken looking for the extraction point once it disappears during long survival runs.

4 hours ago, Giantconch said:

WOO! get your farming hats!

WAIT...

You guys are actually going through with the whole "bounties only"????

Thats quite disappointing and I would hope you guys reconsider this. Though I do appreciate the intent behind allowing more targetted farming of specific relics, constantly running bounties for the vaulted items is not fun. Bounties in general become quite boring and repetetive faster than Xini-spam.

Perhaps as an alternative release some of the vaulted relics into the Void drop tables too? We really do need more variety other than spamming the same bounties again and again and again. Beyond that, mid-low end pc players simply will have severe troubles getting into the plains to obtain these relics.

Yes you're right, some players will crash if they try to go to cetus. That's not fair to them.

(sorry by advance if my english is not great, not my native language)

I'm not a vet player but 2 ~ 3 years since i played the game which is already a lot i guess. So we can say that i loved the game. (THX DE For that GREAT GAME).

The nerf of the void as we used to know it was a bit hard to swallow in a first time but that passed cause of variety of missions available with this rework.
But Vaulted relics exclusively available via Poe Bounties. Come on DE, like some people said it before, Did the void system annihilation was not the results of 
ending the "over and over do the same mission on the same place" ?
So why do this DE ?

If the relics wasn't exclusives to bounties i'm sure many people would really much appreciate it and maybe do some bounties maybe 
just to help new clanmates or other reason.

Add to that for "vet" players that would appreciate maybe some "end-game" content like long survive or defense missions don't have this option, 
this is just annoying as f*ck especially since you already farm all things possible in POE at the price of hard farming. 
(yeah i know, nobody force you to do that, and it's not my case cause the grind was really too long at my taste).

I imagine DE invests a lots of time and efforts to make us that content (poe) and try to get players more invest themselves in playing it, but i think this would have the exact opposite.
For my opinion POE is way too more unbalanced and non-fun in the end compare to the rest of the game, mostly cause ressource and materials are "cetus only", and the mission's variety is really poor and long compared to what the game offers you in "normal" missions in terms of "time / effort".

At that regard also if you push so hard for people to play poe, why you haven't done similar things to raid since it's look like you completely abandonning them and make them that "dislikable". I mean, i achieved hundreds of lor and jordas raid and really often whan you play it with "new" players, the reaction is often the same : "what ? we did all that for this reward ?!" since they are really few arcanes that gives you interesting power ups among them. A lil bit off subject but i guess not that much regarding the current matter.

Anyway, all i want to say like many players in the end,
PLZ DE CHANGE THAT, leaves the relics in poe for "newer player" or "rediscover player" but make relics farmable evrywere like it should be.

On POE, host leaving squad cancels entire bounty once migration is over. Leaving only an incursion.

And this update certainly made it meta for noobturds to instead of playing solo, go into every public bounty to break the squad after stage 2. As always, the lowest common denominators turning something 'OK' into complete sh*t.

DE, please stop killing your game with all these stupid and rash decisions. You keep thinking you can do whatever you want and everyone will just go with it, but you don't realize how much you're eroding the faith and trust this community once had in you. Please stop. I don't want to see this game die...

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.11.1

Fixes: 

• Fixed the Plains door not opening when selecting a Bounty and attempting to join a squad by walking out to the Plains.  

Works for about 90 mins, now everything is broken again .... adding the relics to bounty rewards was a really terrible idea.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

All Bounties reward rotations from tiers 2 to 5 have a Vaulted Relic in it, and be sure to check our droprates site for the latest!

Really not enjoying this set up. 

Not only do we have rng on the chance of a relic versus rng on which type of relic if we had a normal map but it just seems that the drop rates of relics since this patch is lower even though they're supposed to be 'common'....

I'm sure I'm not the only one but I literally have ZERO reason (apart from maybe a guardian mod) to do a bounty and now I'm stuck doing them for in my case 2 items (bo and wyrm prime), at least on the star map I could get 'spare' relics I could use for ducats, on the plains all I'm getting is complete junk I have no need for. 

I know you want to either push players to buy via prime unvaulting or trying to get people to do bounties (easy fix there... give us some decent rewards) but sometimes it can be a bit too obvious and as said above, players will only take so much of 'DE knows best even though it's not what the players want' before going elsewhere.

Archived