Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.11.1

[DE]Megan

Oh no it's a bounty only reward which majority seems to hate it (based on my observation of this thread). I agree to put it on place that needs love like kuva fortress or void.

For me I need to wait 1 minute for the Poe to load, but what I hate is the majority of the bounty is running around not fighting which is very frustrating if you don't want to waste you archwing launcher plus the RNG for the chance of getting the relic and plus the RNG for getting the part you want, it's just a layers of RNG, not everyone have the time to grind that, some have to work or study.

DE please change the relic drop site or if you want people to play Poe just change how to bounty mechanic work like infinite archwing launcher or maybe fast travel between point in the Poe.

From the day POE arrived it was fun for the first week after that it just became boring and super annoying, we get this is your biggest update ever to the game but please stop shoving it down our throats. Bounties are honestly the worst thing to ever happen to this beautiful game. Please put the old relic system back to the way it was everyone  enjoyed it alot more than this POE garbage.

bounty reward... that means i can't get it... MR24 who is motion sick while playing the plains... i've bought relic packs, 5 packs got me 2 relics with drop chances to get the vaulted stuff... it's actually cheaper for me to grind for syndicate weapons, sell them for plat and then buy the vaulted parts with plat!

i've already bought plenty of fish to slowly raise my standing in Cetus... maybe one day i'll be able to get an upgraded amp... but just going to Cetus to sell those fishes is enough time to get me nauseous...

I was excited when the plains were announced... but playing any part of it physically hurts me.... worst update ever...

"We made the relics part of bounties to change it up" 

Thanks... Instead of everyone being able to do the missions, you're making it available to players with better internet connection. Congratulations, you're ruining this the same way you ruined PvP.

Joining the Relic relocation bandwagon. We know that certain tilesets can have different drop tables, so adding them to Void/Lua/Derelict reward tables would be a good idea, in addition to PoE. Void/Lua/Derelict are largely untouched places from the Orokin era, so it would make sense, from time to time for a cache of normally unavailable (aka vaulted) relics to be made available.

This way those that want to do the buggy bounties and PoE can do so, and those that don't and would prefer to sit in a survival or a defence or run a sabotage or a spy can do so. Everyone is happy.

Or we can get fixed bounties with worthwhile rewards. I'd vote putting the vaulted relics into the Orokin Derelict.

As I have read most of the pages of this thread, the community seems pretty divided wether its a good or bad thing having the bounties only containing the relics. I have to admit that it is somehow the same thing with running a defense mission/ capture mission etc. over and over again and some have the luck of getting several relics with only a few bounty runs.

But from only an hour of trying to farm only a single relic I really have to say that bounties are not a good way of farming relics. I hated bounties from the beginning with running from and to Cetus over and over again, waiting for bounties to refresh. The ghoul purge was a good event I think, but it is not for relics, especially concerning the high number you want to have (for every warframe and weapon and for retries).

I did 5 runs in one hour:

1. Door did NOT open during partying = fail.

2. Got no Relic as bounty (tier 2) = fail.

3. People were not doing the bounty, but attacked the Theralyst instead = fail.

4. Got no Relic as bounty (tier 3) = fail.

5. People again ONLY attacked the Theralyst thingy instead of doing the bounty = fail.

I really prefer running on tilesets doing endless missions farming relics than this...bounties are boring, buggy and not rewarding (not the conclusion from these 5 runs only, but overall, especially this Endo...cant see Endo any more).

Pls change this. Thank you for the rest of the update!

2 minutes ago, Hellknight1988 said:

As I read most of the pages of this thread, the community seems pretty divided wether its a good or bad thing having the bounties onlyc containing the relics. I have to admit that it is somehow the same thing with running a defense mission/ capture mission etc. over and over again and some have the luck of getting several relics with only a few bounty runs.

But from only an hour of trying to farm only a single relic I really have to say that bounties are not a good way of farming relics. I hated bounties from the beginning with running from and to Cetus over and over again, waiting for bounties to refresh. The ghoul purge was a good event I think, but it is not for relics, especially concerning the high number you want to have (for every warframe and weapon and for retries).

I did 5 runs in one hour:

1. Door did NOT open during partying = fail.

2. Got no Relic as bounty (tier 2) = fail.

3. People were not doing the bounty, but attacked the Theralyst instead = fail.

4. Got no Relic as bounty (tier 3) = fail.

5. People again ONLY attacked the Theralyst thingy instead of doing the bounty = fail.

I really prefer running on tilesets doing endless missions farming relics than this...bounties are boring, buggy and not rewarding (not the conclusion from these 5 runs only, but overall, especially this Endo...cant see Endo any more).

Pls change this. Thank you for the rest of the update!

not really divided, more of unanimously agreeing that its bad.

I've had 3 instances with the drones not loading at all during the mission. I've also had the game bug after finding all 3 caches, the timer kept going and we just failed when it ran out. I had the engine crash when I joined someones session. Anyone else experiencing (what looks like) server load related bugs? Plains hasn't been this bad for me before.

First of all, I agree on the plains argument. I would rather run a defense for literally hours than run back and forth across the plains only to have my computer crash or a host migration and auto fail 4 out of 5 times. 

I don’t know ANYONE who enjoys the plains. 

I like relic hunting. But I won’t do it on the plains. I don’t want Gara simply because no frame is worth going to that place over and over and over again and failing because of technical issues or just sitting and waiting to load in. 

I literally walked away today, went downstairs, made a sandwich, talked to my mom, came back, and was still loading in to the same bounty. And when the door finally opened, the frame rate was 9FPS. 9. 

on another note, now I can’t do anything in any other mission either because you chose EMBER to unvault. Which means in every mission, someone is running around with World on Fire. So I haven’t killed more than 100 enemies in the last few HOURS of missions. 

Basically I give this unvaulting a 0/10. You overpowered the people with money to throw at you and took the new items away from the folks actually willing to farm them. 

I thought you said this game would never be PAY TO WIN. 

2 hours ago, brewedjuice said:

i understand WHY they're in bounties. for targeted looting. that part is a great idea. the problem comes when you realize they're locked behind bounties and now you have to do bounties which are horrible. thanks for giving me a reason to quit guys. bounties are terrible. all the negative feedback on that. it doesnt help that over half the bounties you try to do bug out when LOADING INTO PLAINS. i went 20 minutes last night starting bounties before i could get past stage 2 due to bugs. if i could curse i would to sell how horrible this idea is. boycott. i will be making a thread calling for a boycott untill relics have other drop places. thanks.

i took an excedrin and  a nap. and it came to me in a dream: even better than this boycott -make sure jim knows that his recent jimpressions of the game.. just went. for non plains your only remaining options are limited rolls per day syndicate packs, then paying for said lootboxen with teh money money money. i'm sure that perspective won't go anywhere.

definitely hasn't been a sensitive issue lately.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixes towards a progression stopping issue where Jordas would not dock properly caused by Itzal’s Blink stun effect.
  • Fixed moving Infested Spores not lowering the engine charge percentage in the Jordas Verdict. 
  • Fixed Infested Spores sometimes moving incredible fast or not at all when spawned in the Jordas Verdict. 

JV Fixes! Thank you.

A few more I'd love to see addressed:

* Unbounded overlay map is very intrusive and needs a review (or a 3rd option) 
  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/768434-overlay-map-is-unbounded-which-makes-aiming-difficult-sometimes

* Kuva placement and visibility problems on infested tiles
  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/826536-kuva-siphon-placement-and-kuva-visibility-problems/

* Ability use should not be blocked while fishing spear is equipped
  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/883074-fishing-spear-should-not-block-ability-use/

* Abilities should be able to target Firbolgs and Bolkors
  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/886896-warframe-abilities-should-work-on-firbolgs-and-bolkors

Other issues:
* Gara's Splinter Storm should not break corpus windows when you run past
* Switching to/from operator with a high ping takes several seconds, e.g. 500ms ping takes 5s to switch to switch sometimes
* Leaving group at extraction in PoE does not trigger extract - you need to leave the extraction area and come back through the door
* Operator void dash frequently results in out of bounds and position reset
* Operator damage kicking you back to your frame resets your position to the first time you used operator, frequently the start of the mission
* Energizing Dash does not work if you land running - you need to pause after the dash and transfer back
* If you get Session Full when joining a session then the next mission selection does not work - you need to select it, cancel, select again 

QoL improvements:
* Range for melee weapons should be listed in game and on wikia.
* Ambient ship + dojo sounds need a separate volume setting (currently controlled by sound effects)
* Message beep volume should have a separate setting (currently controlled by sound effects)
* Trade interface needs multi-select, similar to selling for ducats or credits. Current interface is awkward
* Relic enrichment interface is awkward when enriching 10+ - click relic, click radiant, click ok, refresh screen, repeat. This should allow multiple, or at least not reset selection
* Please add a Hide Mastered filter in Market and Dojo 
* Ability to issue commands to lures/spectres/etc from further away, especially when they are off the ground and you can't get close enough to hit X

28 minutes ago, fiercelittlevixen said:

I don’t know ANYONE who enjoys the plains.

I enjoy the plains, but only in moderation.

Fishing? Loved it while I was maxing Ostron, but I don't do it anymore, despite enjoying it.
Mining? Interesting idea, but takes too long to collect the pieces I want, so I buy from others instead.
Eidolon? I welcome the new boss fight and enjoyed it for awhile, but I only do it to build a few arcanes now. 
Bounties? They're fine if you're doing 2-3 bounties, painfully boring if you're doing more than that since there's too much travel time and too many time-sink missions.

Going bounty-only for vaulted relics is a bit strange, and not particularly fun.

this is such bs why the heck would you change a system like this its bad enough your nerfing one of your flagship frames let alone make it a pain in the &#! for anyone to farm it please put it back and rethink your ember nerf if anything her first needs a buff rethink your choices DE

Thanks for unvaulting and all the great fixes :)

Though....

Chesa Kubrows and other utility pets are still broken. They refuse to use thier precepts around enemies. Since then many community "solutions" have been offered. "Make sure you have the precepts in the right order in your loadout". "Make sure you are not attacking enemies as your pet will start attacking and overwrite its own priorites in favor of killing". None of these fixed the issue. Take my Chesa for example, it's neutralize mod is still useless, as even though it will activate when there are enemies, my Kubrow just disarms them then keeps attacking the same enemy until it is dead. Retrive is pointless in a firefight too as, with neutralize, my Kubrow only focuses on attacking enemies 15 feet from it and won't grab my gun ammo i need 3 feet from it.  Kavats are proof that this is a bug or a broken freature as they use thier non combat functions while enemies are nearby. Please DE fix my utility kubrows.

I do see this issue slowly being fixed, Before the Preciepts wouldn't even work near enemies. Atleast now to "kind of" work. Thank you so much for your continued work DE.

On that subject, Pets in general are just plain unbalanced compaired to setinials. I know, I know. you've all heard this a million times.. But i'm posting it again becuase nothing has been done about it. 

Lets look at Setinials first:

• Can be obtained almost right out of the gate when starting a new account
  • Cheap to make (no incubator or rare resource farming needed)
  • No wait times or resources needed to switch between compainions
  • No stat degredation over time while compainion is out
  • No Resource upkeep
  • More focused on Utility compared to Pets
  • Always stay by your side and don't get stuck on easily manuvarable parts of the map
  • Can revive you
  • Are easier to kill than pets and connot be healed as easily
  • only have a set number of "revives" before they are dead for the mission

Next Pets:

• Take longer to get as you need to complete a quest for kubrows and then must make it to the derelict to get Kavats
  • Require Much for prerequiste work to get, the above quest to obtain equipment to use pets, Special rare drops only found at 1 location for each pet type (eggs for kubrows/Genetic codes for kavats)
  • 3 hour wait times to switch in between pets (or 30 min if you can get the resources for the "upgrade") or you can use plat or credits(upgraded) to "rush" it
  • Stat degredation for eqipped compainion which result in loss of compainion if you don't have the upgrade
  • Resource upkeep required to keep compainion alive/battle worthy
  • More focused on combat with pets having higher damage and combat abilites than setinials
  • AI cuases pets to glitch out on terrain or not even follow you period which makes them less useful for combat or utility
  • Cannot revive you
  • Are harder to kill as they have more health and can be healed by player more easily
  • Can be revived an unlimited number of times during mission

While the Hunter mod pack has made it possible for pets to now heal you, bringing them one step closer to rivaling setinials. That is so sad that we need a mod pack that hinders our already exsisiting builds to help our pets closer to a substitute for setinials. Pets are a late game compainion, harder to get, require resources to keep going, and yet they are worthless both in and out of mission compaired to setinials. Yes, Pets are more combat focused and do more damage and survive longer, but that does not redem that amount of work or time spent into getting and maintaining/using them. The utility pets are worse than setinials in every way besides survivability since they don't use thier precepts. Even if they did, they don't match up to the setinials due to the sub par pathing AI for pets.

Please DE, please. Buff Pets!! Atleast the Utility Kubrows.. fix those. either that or remove all this "end game requirements/resources sinks" from them as they are currently not worth it.

As of right now the only Pet i use is my Smeeta kavat as she still uses her precepts, she strips armor, and she can heal me. plus doing tons of damage. She makes all the resources and time and grind worth the price both in aquiring and maintaining her.. the other kavat is good as well as striping armor is still availible, The Charger Kubrow also uses his precepts and does great damage so he makes the price more barable. But the other Pets aren't worth it they have been collecting dust ever since early Febuary 2016 when chesa's were somewhat new and you Changed how kubrow utility precepts worked.. in that they don't.

And now with the upcomming addition of Khora, the cat tamer, kubrows and other pets take an even greater fall into the useless depths. As Khora's 3rd ability grants her a, limited time, fully functionaly and modable Kavat that is even commandable. While still all other pets need constant resource dumps to stay with you. 

I am terribly sorry for rambling on and on. But this is important to me. I've worked hard and long to get these pets and all but one aren't useful to me. Please DE Help.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this,

3 minutes ago, chrisx1125 said:

The fail at start message is usually wrong in my experience. I've received that message when joining a group many times, but the bounty worked fine after that message.

Most of the time if you're in squad you probably won't fail. But if you're in solo, 9/10 would fail. Besides, most of those player that unable to get into PoE also tend to enter the plain solo because in public it would take way longer to load. 

Archived