Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.11.1

[DE]Megan

WTF is wrong with you guys? I mean, of cource, PoE missions are repetetive, but relics grind in defence or survival is also not the most entertaining thing in the world. And. yeah, of cource not every user PC is capable of running PoE smoothly. And yeah, I hear this kind of complain almost in every free to play gaming comunity: "I'm playing game X on a microwave oven - where is my optimization?!". Listen what. Game developers do not owe you anything, and if you are launching Warframe on a tin can - it's only yours problem.

8 hours ago, aerelm said:

I personally don't think having the new relics available only through the bounty system is a good idea. The one nice thing about the mess of reward tables in Warframe is that the same item can always be obtained from various different mission types, so each player can pick which mission to grind based on their personal preferences. If the whole thing's locked behind bounties though, people who do not enjoy the bounties or those who're running on a toaster and have a hard time going into PoE are pretty much left with no alternative.

(not really a response to the aerelm, but a good overview of the core topic)

The issue is mostly that DE has zero data on only getting specific relics in a few locations. This unvaluting actually lets them get accurate data on using unique or small groups of drop locations for relics (in an isolated environment), as opposed to the 10-15 relics per location we have now.   
Using that data going forward DE can then tailor specific relics to drop in fewer locations rather than all relics in most locations (which generally just results in the player-base gravitation to a handful of specific locations anyway).  This means players can go to areas with much better chances of getting a specific relic they want, while getting players to play a larger variety of locations.

As it is now getting a specific relic is hugely tedious outside of bounties, simply because the loot tables have 8-10 different relics and other loot in them (meaning they have to have a lower drop rates to accommodate them all).  This could in theory lead to much fewer primes being vaulted.

All the counter arguments to DE trying something different that has the potential to reduce the RNG is simply telling DE we want relics with really low drop rates and locations with large pools of them.  I doubt anyone really wants that.

3 hours ago, Zanchak said:

While I am burned out of bountys and PoE I think I actually prefer knowing where the relics are. I never have drop luck for the relics in general when unvaults happen, maybe now I will.

OK.. I take this back.. Ive got 2 relics so far.. thats ridiculous with the amount of things to farm lol

Five bounties, only one unvaulted relic in the rewards...

One tiny suggestion: can the rewards be adjusted to award one guaranteed (I don't mean at least one, I mean exactly one) unvaulted relic per bounty, or at least, shift them a liiittle bit more towards the common part of the spectrum? Because I can already see the burnout at the end of the tunnel at this rate XD

Maybe I just have terrible luck. I'll also try to pay more tribute to RNGandalf.

And yet still there hasn’t been an argument as to why the relics being exiled to the plains is a good thing. The only counter argument is that it’s just as bad as defense or survival to endlessly run bounties.

And that’s fine. If you can even get the bounties to work. 

Which I, and clearly a number of other people, cannot. 

So unless you put 3k into a gaming PC, you’re not allowed to have the rewards? That seems absurd. There’s a reason such a large amount of the fixes listed focus on the PoE bounties. They’re broken.

And I think it’s unreasonable and unfair of someone to say “oh here’s this gift of the unvaulting! Where should we put it? Definitely not any of the places we know definitively that it works. No, let’s put every single reward on the broken system that half the player base complains about constantly. That’s a good plan.”

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.11.1

OvBt230.jpg

Prime Vault Unsealed!

Manipulate, incinerate and shatter your enemies with this Prime Vault Unsealed. The Prime Vault is open now on all platforms and brings back Loki Prime, Ember Prime and Frost Prime for a limited time. Returning with them are other high-demand Vaulted Prime Accessories and Weapons along with discounted Platinum in four unique packs: the Loki & Ember Dual Prime Pack, the Loki Deception Prime Pack, the Ember Fire Prime Pack, and the Frost Ice Prime Pack: https://www.warframe.com/prime-vault

Ember Prime, Frost Prime, Loki Prime, Wyrm Prime, Bo Prime, Sicarus Prime, Glaive Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime Relics have been added as Cetus Bounty rewards for a limited time. You can also find these limited Vaulted Relics in Relic Packs from the Market or as Syndicate rewards.
The new Relics are: 

• Lith G2
  • Meso E1
  • Meso F3
  • Neo F1
  • Neo E1
  • Axi L1
  • Axi S2

Why Bounties? 

We put these Relics in the Bounties not only to change it up, but to also allow for extremely focused Relic acquisition. By having these Relics concentrated in the Bounties, it also leaves the rest of the Star Chart open for placement of new Relics when the next Prime Access begins so you'll have a change of environment while keeping with the same system: hunting Primes. 

Remember, this is a 2 month unvaulting, which means these Relics have 2 months to be acquired. In that time, we will be closely monitoring how reproducible Performance issues may factor into this round and possibly revisit Relic placement. We do want to keep it the same on all Platforms so we'll need a bit of time to make changes.

All Bounties reward rotations from tiers 2 to 5 have a Vaulted Relic in it, and be sure to check our droprates site for the latest!

Changes:

• Updated textures to the Trinity Knightess Skin at the creator's request.
  • Improved the lighting in the Market diorama.
  • Followers (Specters, Rescue Target, etc) no longer cancel charging if they switch targets while using a charging weapon. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed the Plains door not opening when selecting a Bounty and attempting to join a squad by walking out to the Plains.  
  • Fixes towards a progression stopping issue where Jordas would not dock properly caused by Itzal’s Blink stun effect.
  • Fixed moving Infested Spores not lowering the engine charge percentage in the Jordas Verdict. 
  • Fixed Infested Spores sometimes moving incredible fast or not at all when spawned in the Jordas Verdict. 
  • Fixed the Trinity Knightess and Excalibur Corpra Helmet being Arcaned. 
  • Fixed Stalker going too far with the whole "I'm a badass trolling jerk" routine by initiating permanent lockdown in Void/Derelict/Lua missions.
  • Fixed Volt’s Capacitance Augment giving Shields to Operators. 
  • Fixed the Zenistar not throwing out the disc when the Tengoken Skin is equipped.
  • Fixed the Corona Syandana Energy color always being blue and unable to tint it properly. 
  • Fixed Oberon Prime’s Armor being rotated incorrectly when equipping the Feyarch Skin.
  • More fixes towards Extraction markers appearing in Exterminate mission when there were still enemies left to kill.
  • Fixed script error when viewing Melee weapon cosmetics when you don't have a Melee weapon in current loadout.
  • Fixed script error causing permanent Invisibility for Loki if the Invisibility expires while using Operator.
  • Fixed Lanka not being able to hit ragdolls.
  • Fixed enemies not shooting Octavia’s Mallet+Resonator combo if they were following the ball first before starting aggro from Mallet.
  • Fixed completing Konzu’s first Plains quest resulting in the objective marker pointing the Plains after returning to Cetus.
  • Fixed the Chat window auto switching to Cetus instance tab rather than squad chat when returning from Plains to Cetus.
  • Fixed reload circle turning blue after using a Charge trigger type weapon (Drakgoon, Rakta Cernos, etc). The intended color is white when reloading.

YOU PUT THE RELICS INTO THE PLAINS?! THAT PILE OF ROCK CRASHES PC NON STOP. I CAN RUN OverWatch ON ULTRA BUT CANT EVEN RUN THE PLAINS ON LOW/MED (I RUN THE MAIN GAME ON MAX AND ITS FINE, BUT THE PLAINS JUST FREEZE, LAG, AND CRASH)  WHY THE PLAINS?! I Hate the plains. The missions there are repetitive, and the damn thing is lagy as all hell. 

How about you give the relics a little extra bump in the bounties then? Nothing worse than farming for hours to only get one or two of the relic and 30 -40 of the same mod. Why the hell are you thinking that we want more rng with our rng with MORE RNG ON THE SIDE!?!?!?!? First rivens and now this crap... did you get bought out by EA or Activision and not tell us? Where did your scruples go? Because between the Ember "farming nurf" (and don't bs us, because that's exactly what motivated your "balancing"), the absurd kuva cost for re-rolling rivens without giving us a way to lock in stats we like (making it rng stacked on rng... etc.), and locking these behind bounties (that guarantee people with jobs and other responsibilities will have to either "no-life it" to try to get everything or spend ungodly amounts of money on void relic packs or buy the parts from other players that will gouge them for every last plat) I'm starting to loose interest in your game and find myself being much less charitable or positive when describing it. Stop treating us like EA and Activision treat their customers. You are not above reproach and I'm calling you out on this. I have played this game long enough to know it's a grin engine and that's fine with me because it's fun and if you feel like you're making progress then it's worth it. But multi rng systems are a crap way of doing things and given the drop rates on these bounties (from my experience) you have about 3-4 weeks of nothing but the same TWO MISSIONS over and over and over again to get enough relics to actually stand a chance of getting more than one of the primes from the vault! That's NOT OK NOR REASONABLE IN ANY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm calling you on this, this was motivated by GREED! You just happened to decide to do this while offering direct purchase ways? Really? Do you think our mothers drank when pregnant? You did this to drive more players to your storefront to spend money in stead of 2 months of life absorbing, soul crushing, family destroying, career ending, health and hardware destroying, monotonous and seemingly endless grind. You've lost my respect DE. You can have it back when you stop acting like EA.

To bad i hope DE will bring back the endless missions for what i need a gun like tigris if the enemys are max. level 100 ... DE can you not do some thing like this: if i play surrvival 40 min than i have intead of a 10% chance to get the golden/rare items i have a 25% chance to get the rare ones for all relics that we use after 40 min. A system like that will be like the old key system but with relics.

And will force the player do play the missions longer. My problem is that i have only grind without any challenges.

But apart from this thing with the relics you do a great job.

I know this will be polarized, but I love the fact that all relics for this Prime vault are common drops from Bounties. I liked the idea when you said you are thinking about doing it this way, and I love it now when it is online!

So far I played 2 bounties and ended up with 7 Axi relics! This is the most generous way of letting us have primed stuff, thank you DE! <3

EDIT:
Holy smokes, I just read a few previous comments... So much salt... I feel like none of these guys played any Bounty, nor understands what a bless it is to get 0-5 same desired Axi relics per run. I can't and won't believe that anybody would want to switch that for running some even more repetitive mission with a chance every 10 mins to get only one desired relic out of bunch of them...

Regarding plains not working, especially for people with crazy good setups that run other games on Very High but for some reason only Plains are bad - I run on a potato computer, but with everything turned off or on low, and for me the game is great - on PoE as in the rest of the game. Devs added for a reason description for every setting - If it says it affects performance - turn it off. 

DE, once again - thanks for adding Relics for Vaulted gear so easy to obtain <3

If the only Relicts obtainable through Bounties are the unvaulted ones I'd say its a nice Change compared to the other Unvaultings. 

Yes, if you want the Relicts you are "forced" to go to the plains. But no one forces you to farm them.

I'd recommend that you, if your "new" to the game, take that time on the plains to farm some resources as many weapons will need them when the upcoming weapon changes go live.

Honestly DE I start to dislike the Plains with every day more. 

When you announced them on TennoCon i was totally hyped and excited to go out there and see everything for myself. Now that the plains are live, i went there just a few times, because it seems the plains just dont fit in the concept of what i think warframe is. it was worth a experiment to do a open world map - and in my oppinion the experiment failed and the plains became the most boring and worst part of the game. i really hope for the future that we will rather see new planets instead of more open world maps...

And tbh i dislike the way you just put any new event in the plains. yes you may be proud of the map, but let the players freely decide if they want to play them or if they dont want to...

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Plains door not opening when selecting a Bounty and attempting to join a squad by walking out to the Plains.

I've never gotten this bug until now, it's been common for me and very troublesome.

Archived