Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With these MR upgrades, they never stood a chance

(PSN)YoKiwi__

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Talyx82 said:

New players are highly unlikely to get any of those:

Twitch prime, not going to be very common for many new players because if they aren't spending money on plat, they likely aren't spending money on a subscription.

Alerts for Dex weapons, nigh impossible to have access to enough of the map to get to the randomized places until you reach a point in the game where you no longer need it but you are gated from getting there due to MR lock which you can't achieve because you can't get that friggin alert on Sedna because you don't have the MR to get there.

Finally, by the time you hit the first log in weapon, you have played 100 days. So you are saying that it is reasonable for players to wait 100 days in order to get Azima so they can actually complete the map and gain MR effectively?

These defenses are all highly illogical. Again, most players posting here no longer have any idea what the new player experience is like.

I did not say any of those weapons were  needed to complete the star chart,  you alluded to that being the case.

A new player that is missing anniversary alerts, which would be realistic. Same goes for a new player ignoring the Gift of the Lotus Alerts, and not spending starting Plat on anything. These are all high probability scenarios. The

They could skip FREESWORD for Catalyst Heat Sword with slot and also skip Vectis code with skin, catalyst and slot (FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N), due to not having knowledge of these in-game promotional codes. 

If they are new I assume they might get sucked-in to Cetus and there they might see the allure of Zaws, which they would get access to before Syndicate Weapons.

A Zaw could carry a new player through much of the start chart.

The game is not really tailored for a player to be here less than a year.

If a new player is expecting to knock out this whole game in a week or even a month, this is not that type of game. 

Maybe we are playing different games, but I believe the end goal is MR30. With that in mind even if you had all equipment leveled so you could take 1 Mastery Rank test a day that would be 30 24-hour wait periods just to complete the tests. 

A new player would not know this, but would find out quickly and then decide of this is even a game they want to invest/devote more time to or play something that is less of a time sink.

100days of logging into Warframe is nothing compared to the long run.

Even looking at some people taking 150hrs in-game to get to Tenno reveal. At a casual 2hrs of gaming a day that is still 75days until you start playing the actual game.

I have a new Alt-account (Fall of 2017  start) that does not have Dex Anniversary weapons but I'm MR15 on that account and just recently got the Azima (PS4)FRAGORPRlME. 

(I is a lower case L)

Budget alt account meaning no purchased plat, and near minimal slots (used starting Plat for 1 level and dump Warframe slot and for weapons slots)

Basically only have a single frame was Mag, now Mag Prime to use for all content. I went with Torid because of low MR requirement and high late-game potential. A new player on a primary account most likely will take much longer to get to the same MR as they will most likely try to keep more Warframes and or Weapons , requiring them to spend real money to obtain more slots or to spend time trading to acquire more plat.

On my main account MrNishi IAM at 4600hrs, 323 hrs on (PS4)Shadow-X1 (MR20 just got Zenistar), and 226hrs on (PS4)FRAGORPRlME 

On both Alt accounts, I have not completed the StarChart and frequently request a taxi to Sortie missions and even Eris Relay, because I play those accounts casually and mainly only to log-in and level only if a free Booster is active. That is not what I expect new player behavior to be like, but as such a new player would take that much longer to get to an equivalent MR by in-game hours and also by Real-life hour and day commitment.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:28 AM, Darkduprey said:

"Less variety"?

You mean they will not be able anymore to pull something like a Boltor Prime after ten hours of gameplay, then use it to destroy the entire game without ever thinking about using an other weapon for anything else than MR?

No dude, actually it's MORE diversity.

Warframe is the very first game i've seen that allow players to have access to the best end game stuff super early in the progression.

And guess what?

Nobody as stoped playing any other game with a LOGICAL progression.

a lot of "unique weapons" (weapons that add actual diversity) are high MR.

while i dont think this was meant to encourage new players to spend, i do think locking a lot of the guns in higher MR, is stupid. alot of the guns, imo should have stayed low rank. imo i think all primes should be made MR 8-15. i also think vandal/prisma/wraith variants should all have a minimum mr of like 6 or 8, and receive buffs to make them worthy of that spot.since tons of you seem salty about new players having them. ive been playing since the game hit steam, and since it arrived on ps4(where i am currently, until i get a better pc, then ill play both again) and i dont know about anyone else, but i can firmly state that the reason i got hooked on this game was my ability to progress how i wanted to. if i had a boltor prime at mr2 that was my problem. now we have the junctions, which i think is in need of a serious rework, or outright removal, and these MR changes, i can only see damaging the new player experience further than what it already is. i understand both sides that people are arguing here, DE is obviously trying to make the experience streamlined, and give players a sense of progression, but i think some of the weapons should stay with no, or low MR. Karak was my first crafted weapon, and is a very reliable newb gun. i think it should go back to 0 or be at like 1 or 2. Grakata, should not be that high up, at all imo. i could see it being an MR 3 weapon at best even with its buffs. Dex sybaris, is a weapon only obtainable from anniversary events, shouldnt have an MR imo. TIberon, is it good now? im not playing on pc so i havent played with the buffed guns but i think that 60 to 44 is a huge hit even with the other buffs. i think it could have stayed MR4, considering you need latron to craft it, would have been a good upgrade for newer players. zhuge received no changes and just got bumped to MR10. i love that crossbow but i dont think its MR10 material. same situation with opticor. shame that its being bumped to mr 14. ferrox makes no sense. how is that an MR14 weapon? because it has a cool little mechanic? i could go on. If these changes are to stay, then i think other changes to progression should be made, such as having to unlock nearly all the planets to do the story. i know i played at a time where there was next to no story, but if new players could engage that earlier, they would be more likely to get immersed.