Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to DE: Please, Increase Loadouts Slots.

Lokime

With the incoming changes, nerfs and buffs to warframes and weapons, I'm sure most of us will be trying out the affected arsenal. 

I was going through my arsenal when I noticed that there are plenty of weapons and warframes that I would love to use more, but simply don't cause I already have 18 Loadout slots that are ready to go. That should be enough, right? (It's not.)

18 Loadout slots at MR25 it's pretty great! But... we have 52 warframes in total. And at least 350 weapons. 18 slots stays too short. So please, double the Loadout Slots tied to MR and/or let us buy more with plat. It would be an amazing QoL for everyone! 

But lokime, you could just chang- YES! I KNOW! But wouldn't it be better if we could just change between our favorite weapons/warframes combinations when we wanted?, without the struggle of spending at least 5 minutes searching for the right combination, the colors, the builds... we would spend more time playing the actual game.

That's all, thanks for reading! Let's hope DE consider this C:

Edited by Lokime
Notice me DE, Senpai

Petitions can't buy server memory.

Speaking for myself, i literally only need 3 loadout slots. One general purpose sortie ready Nidus that doubles as a weapon leveler, one for leveling frames, and an Eidolon hunter build. Heck I can bump that up to 4 if i have another one exclusively Loki for spy. That's still just 4. Like damn, I'm pretty sure I have 10+ loadout slot that's just there as fashion frame slots.

You don't need to have every single weapon and warframe on the mission selection screen. Just switch it in loadouts. It's not hard.

1 hour ago, Lokime said:

So please, double the Loadout Slots tied to MR and/or let us buy more with plat. It would be an amazing QoL for everyone!

Except the database. Multiple your extra 18 slots by the number of things the slots have to store and then multiply that by the total number of player accounts. That's a big number and database space isn't free.

9 minutes ago, Shalath said:

Except the database. Multiple your extra 18 slots by the number of things the slots have to store and then multiply that by the total number of player accounts. That's a big number and database space isn't free.

I for one support the OP.

as for the DB:

• presumably the devs are smart and are not storing objects in the slots but rather pointers to the objects. So its just a pointer to WF(configA),Weapon(ConfigC), etc..
  • you wouldn't multiply by the number of player accounts - I'd venture very few even use the current loadout maximum.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb OoKeNnEtHoO:

I actually would like to see more loadout slots as long as it allows us to have 1 for each released prime.

+1
That. 

With the introduction of Eidolon capture I use seven loadouts for four frames alone as the Eidolon weapon loadouts differ from the standard ones (e.g. I don't want a Rubico/Cerata Chroma in a normal run). With Trinity that doesn't matter, but I play Chroma, Harrow and Volt frequently for different things. In order to quickly respond to a host's request for a warframe and not to mess up with the weaponry I use double loadouts. And we all know, Fashion is Endgame. If you invested thousand of hours in your toys you want to use them without juggling with weapons and colours all the time.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg:

I for one support the OP.

as for the DB:

• presumably the devs are smart and are not storing objects in the slots but rather pointers to the objects. So its just a pointer to WF(configA),Weapon(ConfigC), etc..
  • you wouldn't multiply by the number of player accounts - I'd venture very few even use the current loadout maximum.

+1
That has been discussed in length before. The loadouts are just pointers, the data behind that is already stored. Your arsenal is what determines the real storage space for your account. The loadout slots make up only a very, very small percentage of all the data for your arsenal and inventory. A veteran with all warframes, hundreds of weapons, a dozen of sentinel/pets, hundreds of mods and relics and a stuffed orbiter (and maybe a dojo) produces a thousand fold of data over that for a couple of loadout slots. 

Edited by Toran

Even if server data *is* a problem

why can't we just be able to store and import loadouts client side (though that would mean refunding loadout slots bought)

There's seriously no reason they should be server side other than to preserve it between computers (okay maybe that should use the current system, game-handled transfers, but let us overwrite it and export to local). Unless DE makes a huuuge amount of plat from this, in which case I guess it's a very reasonable sacrifice for being a non p2w game.