Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

Sorry but, still won't use that.

You guys should REALLY do what people have been asking for years, a quiver-like ability to change chroma's element and allow him to launch fireball for AoE Status proc

Can we get this upvoted a hundred more times to ge DE to see it.

The Ember changes are bad. You gave a weak ability a charge up and an extra energy cost and for what? A little extra damage and sticky fire. Not worth the charge up and the extra cost. Without the charge up and extra cost, maybe.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

You know, I could've sworn DE has said they're planning a bigger change for ember somewhere down the line in the meantime just leave it be. I mean at least Ember Prime's BP price will do a ol'zephyr 2 and just dive bomb.

Absolutely not. If you believe that these changes are a placeholder and that Ember will be genuinely fixed later, I have a bridge to sell you.

DE consider this for Ember and I think all Ember players would be happy.

Change WoF from a damage dealer to damage reduction/survivibility and straight up CC.  Remove the range decrease, the energy drain, and the damage and just make WoF a one time toggle where it does CC fire procs without damage to enemies that enter her range bubble.  Those procs stack (up to five for example) for damage reduction or armor.  Presto Chango your done.  Then we can use WoF for CC and DR with no actual damage and use her other abilities and weapons for damage.  

This fixs her survivibility and she doesn't take everyones kills the whiners were complaining about.  Everyones happy.

7 minutes ago, TeCoolTenno said:

Yeah I might just pick mag up again but I'm not sure how to go about playing her, and when she shines compared to the like she of nyx and max range sleepvara (my two mains)

except maybe vs corpus I guess, that's the most obvious. But even then in defenses and all nyx might be better

tbh mag does just fine in grineers, her polarize can strip armor and with the lack of nullifying unit pull and magnetize wud work pretty well, tbh against corpus she's not as lethal as she was before when shield polarize is the go-to for shield augmented sortie. at least her pull and magnetize can work for infested.

5 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

Starting to think that's too much to ask of from this community

It's because 'Wait and see, maybe it will be great!' is then often followed by 'Oh crap, it's not, they broke this Warframe and now they're not going to revisit it for another year and a half.'

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It's because 'Wait and see, maybe it will be great!' is then often followed by 'Oh crap, it's not, they broke this Warframe and now they're not going to revisit it for another year and a half.'

That is true for most games but I think the DE team has proven themselves recently that probably wouldn't be the case. I can understand the passion everyone has for the game and that's awesome it's why warframe has such a great community but at some point we have to let them push out some type of update simply because there are always going to be people upset with change and those will be the loudest people during these times of revision and change

2 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

*Shrugs* I couldn't care less tbh, I don't play her and it'd still drop her Prime's price

Then why should your opinion be counted?

EDIT: Sorry, that was a little harsh. Nonetheless, if you don't play Ember and you genuinely do not care if she is unfairly overnerfed, why should your opinion be counted alongside those players who want her to be balanced and fun?

Cool changes. My thoughts on Ember so far:

Ember WoF:

The increased damage over-time is cool, however it being balanced by halving the range only is a bit too much. While I don't think it should be left on at a great range all the time, here's what I think would improve the skill and make it much more interactive, and act as a survivability tool for when enemies shake off the panic effect in later levels:

-The percentage gain as time goes on becomes a percentage of Overheat. As ember begins to overheat, she gains increased damage reduction. up to a cap at 100% Overheat.

-Casting abilities while overheated grants innate Ability Efficiency and Ability Power. A greater efficiency and ability power the greater level of Overheat.

-Casting abilities while overheated reduces Overheat levels. So you don;t get this super stuff all the time, and the constant drain from WoF should help balance.

Revised:

New Passive: Phoenix Core:

Taking Fire damage adds to an Overheat percentage that gradually decays. Gain Damage Reduction, Ability Power, and Ability Efficiency based on this percent.

Fireball:

Base stays the same. Charging the ability fully consumes a portion of the current Overheat percent, in order to augment the ability.

New Effect: On a full charge, gains bonus Range and Damage equal to the current Overheat percent (this is on top of the Ability power bonus from Overheat).

World on Fire:

The ability stays the same as it is in the dev workshop. However, as soon as you hit 100%, you begin to gain Overheat percentages, as well as gaining a small Fire Damage Aura (damages every nearby enemy).

40 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Of all the counter-intuitive actions in the world... If you're Tailwind cast takes you low enough to the ground to hit enemies, you will land at the end of the cast, unless you're going down a corridor full of enemies you're getting nothing from the function, it's fluff. Add to this, if you Tailwind directly at an enemy, you stop as if you've hit any other game object or slide off them like geometry... could you tell me if this problem at least been fixed to allow for the new mechanic to actually work?

A little of imagination:

Tornado now retains enemies.

1- Cast Tornado

2- Hover

3- Use Tailwind inside the Tornado to hit everyone

4-????

5-Grofit

While I love having Vex Armor be recastable, will the buff apply to allies within range like rhino's roar (allies gain the buff within range and retain the buff for the duration) or will it work like elemental ward (where they have to stay in the buff radius) ?. If it works like elemental ward I would love it if the everlasting ward augment also made it so the vex armor buff would also stick to allies. 

I'm sorry but what you did to Banshee made her the new "low level clearing rooms frame". I had my ember built for high level missions. With that great augment "Firequake" that cc's an entire room and gives fragile ol Ember a chance to clear the room before they recover. I want an increase in casting speed of WoF to spam it for that firequake before the range nerf gets in (or it being a 1 handed action so Ember keeps moving. Thus surviving. Maybe that on her 3 too?). Can we have fireball's augment, now that it can do splash (explosion/ napalm effect) be a self buff too? Step on the fire for the buff kind of thing... Would appreciate these a lot!

Again, this isn't going to completely ruin Ember, but it is going to leave her significantly underpowered and struggling, especially compared to 'frames which (and I can't believe I'm having to use this term in bloody Warframe) now appear to be the 'darlings' of the dev team, cough cough Octavia cough.

The Ember changes do not help her much at all. She does not need more damage because she does a ton already what she rather needs is some form of damagereduction now that her cc range is tiny which basically shuts down her firequake augment from being useful in harder content than starchart levels. :-(

I really hope you can bring back something akin to the overheat she lost some reworks ago because she needs it otherwise all she can do is be a worse starchart wiper then any other frame who is using a longer range melee weapon instead.

I'm still skeptical of the Zephyr changes. I think embracing parkour 2.0's synergy with her low-gravity passive would be better than relying on tailwind for mobility, but it remains to be seen how these ability changes will feel once they release.

Look DE, at this point you might as well move WoF to Ember's 1, and have it be a contracting ring of CC+damage (it starts at max range and sweeps quickly inward, nailing every enemy in the radius), and come up with an entirely new 4 of some sort, like...summoning a fire elemental or whatever.

Archived