Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

15 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

Going to be honest here, you don't need to worry about a nerf. Yes she can spam low level content, but that play style in anything higher than level 100 will get you killed. If anything, make her abilities more scaling oriented. That would nerf her early damage but keep it consistent into higher levels. Still does not help that if I want to swap over for day to night for the surviveability, I will probably die before I get the buffs up.

That’s not the purpose of the build. Its purpose is to do what I never actually used Ember for in the first place.

1 minute ago, XavierCruz said:

all right boys and ember lover, it's time to stop complaining here and start playing range ember before the rework in all the mission and screw those ks'ed haters hard
the change is coming at we can't do a thing about it, just enjoy the last moments while you can

Already doing that.

1 minute ago, XavierCruz said:

all right boys and ember lover, it's time to stop complaining here and start playing range ember before the rework in all the mission and screw those ks'ed haters hard
the change is coming and we can't do a thing about it, just enjoy the last moments while you can

Nah. Use Equinox.

13 hours ago, Shadedraxe said:

I’m sorry, I probably could have worded that out better. What I’m saying is that compared to chroma’s vex armor duration loki’s Invisibility duration instantly turns him invisible as soon as he casts it as opposed to not getting the full benefit right away, which is why I can support Chroma having recastibility (more so for the armor, maybe the damage output might have to be reset) . In Chroma’s Case he’s vulnerable after each time he recasts his vex armor during the beginning of its cast. Now so long as you can afford to recast it you don’t need to worry about becoming vulnerable as often. Currently, yes he’ll get his buff cap faster against higher levels, however is also more likely to get one shot at the beginning for his cast if not enough shield regenerated in time. It’s makes Chroma somewhat of a clunky tank. It’s a nice quality of life for Chroma as a tank. But like you said, I do hope this inspires  DE to make more quality of life changes to other frames. Like being mobile while casting and in some cases recasting abilities during their duration so they would feel more fluid and less clunky in gameplay. I still don’t see why trinity can’t spawn more than one pool of life (and that there isn’t a giant global health blast on the enemy’s death. So if one ally shoots it down everyone in range still gains some health).

Well i just don't think that being able to take damage and dish it back out without a downside is a good mechanic it promotes bad play in my opinion.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

It only affect enemies once as it goes out. ONCE. That makes her useless unless it is guaranteed to kill the enemies. No clue who it becoming useless helps her.

You are obviously ignoring her other three abilities... Those are her abilities that protect her, not her 4.

Just now, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Her 4 is what provides the crowd control. That is the problem. her other abilities do nothing to work crowd control without crippling the caster's ability to do certain things either.

You are joking right?
Sonic Boom - Enemies inside the cone are ragdolled.
Sonar - Ok, no cc. But it gives massive damage buff
Silence - Enemies are stunned for a short duration. After which they are still disoriented.
New SQ - I believe it will still stagger enemies in range. And it is spammable.

@[DE]Connor Okay, after some thinking about it, also looking at everyone's complaints, just change Ember's World on Fire to no longer be an energy drain ability that follows you and it would be fixed. No more press 4 and forget it. Instead, maybe something like a deployable ultimate. Also, regarding it losing range, doesn't fire spread? It should increase over time. With a change like that Ember can still be good, although other abilities, mainly her passive, Fireball, and Fire Blast still need to be worked on. She'll no longer be a press 4 and forget it run through low level frame.

Regarding Resonating Quake's change. Have you guys play tested it? It would be sad to press her ultimate, have the enemy stagger once, then shoot you before you get up from the casting animation.

3 minutes ago, TwilitAngel said:

@[DE]Connor Okay, after some thinking about it, also looking at everyone's complaints, just change Ember's World on Fire to no longer be an energy drain ability that follows you and it would be fixed. No more press 4 and forget it. Instead, maybe something like a deployable ultimate. Also, regarding it losing range, doesn't fire spread? It should increase over time. With a change like that Ember can still be good, although other abilities, mainly her passive, Fireball, and Fire Blast still need to be worked on. She'll no longer be a press 4 and forget it run through low level frame.

bad idea

i'll rather see ember with her 4 being a channeling, but there are other thing they can go with and not take away too much

9 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

You are joking right?
Sonic Boom - Enemies inside the cone are ragdolled.
Sonar - Ok, no cc. But it gives massive damage buff
Silence - Enemies are stunned for a short duration. After which they are still disoriented.
New SQ - I believe it will still stagger enemies in range. And it is spammable.

Sonic Boom - not radial

Sonar - you listed the issue

Silence - affects the caster as well

New SQ - only affects enemies once. Much too energy inefficient to spam the ability.

23 minutes ago, Fate_Epsylon said:

Well, when the nerfs drop, be sure to pick me up when I die. (I'm gonna be needing that a lot more than i ever did now.)

Same, im only gotta play Ember till they buff her again. I dont understand why they let us suggest things if they dont even consider or listen anymore :/

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Sonic Boom - not radial

Sonar - you listed the issue

Silence - affects the caster as well

New SQ - only affects enemies once. Much too energy inefficient to spam the ability.

Sonic Boom - So? It is still effective.

Sonar - 1 ability not having cc is not the end of the world

Silence - What? Like seriously I am a bit confused here. You have used this ability right? It STAGGERS enemies. It makes them take finisher damage. IT IS GOOD. It does NOT negatively affect you beyond defining sounds. But that is not really hurting you at all. Hell she even has an augment that increases finisher damage by 300%...

New SQ - Do we even know what the energy cost for the new SQ will be? Or is that just an assumption?

4 minutes ago, XavierCruz said:

bad idea

i'll rather see ember with her 4 being a channeling, but there are other thing they can go with and not take away too much

Removing it being a channeling ability wouldn't be bad. As DE's major concern is addressing boring play, keeping WoF as it is will keep it that way. Even with the current suggested changes, I feel like I may be able to mod in some way to run through low level missions the exact same as we can now.

11 minutes ago, TwilitAngel said:

Regarding Resonating Quake's change. Have you guys play tested it? It would be sad to press her ultimate, have the enemy stagger once, then shoot you before you get up from the casting animation.

That will never happen, DE changed overheat to a toggle (aka wof) because people hated click 4 after timers. its like mesa, but mesa actualy has a toggle ultimate, she only needs to look out for shield and stun.

But who are we to suggest things, its not like they are going to listen to something that got a lot of fedback

Just now, TwilitAngel said:

Removing it being a channeling ability wouldn't be bad. As DE's major concern is addressing boring play, keeping WoF as it is will keep it that way. Even with the current suggested changes, I feel like I may be able to mod in some way to run through low level missions the exact same as we can now.

You can still outmod the changes they made, but it won't be as effective and in all honesty, you're better off just playing a new frame at that point. They'll do this same exact thing, but provide more either in utility, heal, defense or etc.

Archived