Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

Just now, RacerDelux said:

Sonic Boom - So? It is still effective.

Sonar - 1 ability not having cc is not the end of the world

Silence - What? Like seriously I am a bit confused here. You have used this ability right? It STAGGERS enemies. It makes them take finisher damage. IT IS GOOD. It does NOT negatively affect you beyond defining sounds. But that is not really hurting you at all.

New SQ - Do we even know what the energy cost for the new SQ will be? Or is that just an assumption?

Sonic Boom- so, you cannot defend anything properly

Silence- only works with the initial stagger, which is short. Additionally, it not only may bug out and just not affect enemies, but will also put your sentinel in danger, may glitch out and become unable to be cast again, and Like I mentioned before, prevent you from figuring out where enemies are coming from. That is a death sentence on a frame like Banshee.

New SQ- DE would have said that they were reducing the cost if that were the case. Even if it were the case, it would still be highly inefficient because we would be forced to spam the ability for survival.

4 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

That will never happen, DE changed overheat to a toggle (aka wof) because people hated click 4 after timers. its like mesa, but mesa actualy has a toggle ultimate, she only needs to look out for shield and stun.

But who are we to suggest things, its not like they are going to listen to something that got a lot of fedback

I remember that change, but that fact is, it still followed you back then. The best change at that time was removing timers from Frost's Snowglobe. I hated that more than pressing Embers 4 again. I hardly noticed when they changed it to a toggle honestly. It still did the same thing. The ability needs an outright change to fix it.

About Atlas

Does Petrify instantly petrifies enemies, or does it apply gradual petrification on cast?  Because if its "flash petrify", its gonna be OP.

I believe it should still have petrification speed, while being a "single cast" ability.   So that enemies could move for a moment before complete petrification.

About Volt 

I would prefer his 1st ability to be a long stunner ( Affected by Duration mods.  Power str affects number of bounces).  Shocked enemies get their resistance measured...and will get more damage from Discharge.

And his 4 to be a Damage dealer.  With knockdown but no stunlocks.  It must be fast (because capacitor discharge happens instantly...with lots of pain btw...and electric burn. I was curious)

Because that stunlock and lack or "interactivity" makes it really boring.   

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Sonic Boom- so, you cannot defend anything properly

Silence- only works with the initial stagger, which is short. Additionally, it not only may bug out and just not affect enemies, but will also put your sentinel in danger, may glitch out and become unable to be cast again, and Like I mentioned before, prevent you from figuring out where enemies are coming from. That is a death sentence on a frame like Banshee.

New SQ- DE would have said that they were reducing the cost if that were the case. Even if it were the case, it would still be highly inefficient because we would be forced to spam the ability for survival.

Here is the thing, I have no idea how you mod banchee or how you play her, but I can tell you for a FACT that I can take her into 2 hour + survival and have no issue surviving. And that is with me never using her 4, as it would root me.

This is not something you can dispute, it is fact. Maybe I play differently who knows, but it IS possible.

52 minutes ago, Fate_Epsylon said:

I wish I would/could just do this, but the sad truth is.

I got into Warframe

I only play Warframe

I continue playing Warframe

Only for one reason:

Ember.

And I mean this quite literally.
I only play her (since I first started) & if you catch me on another frame, it's to get it to max rank for MR. Right after that, I'm back to Ember and when I'm not playing Ember, I'm bored to death. (which makes me wanna flat out log off and play something else.) And keep in mind, this isn't meant to be a threat. It's just a reality for me when it comes to Warframe/Ember.

She's literally the decisive factor in me playing this game.

I know everyone's just gonna switch frames when these changes go through and etc, but the sad truth is... I won't. I just love Ember too much.

But if they keep grinding her into the ground, it's going to give me less reason to play her (and inversely less reason to play Warframe in general)

I'm probably the only person who feels/thinks this way about Ember being "the greatest frame in the game" (although she's clearly not), but no other frame grabs my attention like Ember does.

So if you see me constantly posting every two minutes and setting up camp in this thread, it's literally because of this.

I'm even taking off work & not leaving my comp until I see the new Ember changes and am just spending my day(s) in this thread hoping DE will just hear us out or even meet us halfway & I don't plan on leaving until then.

(Yes, it's sad that I'm doing this, but I love Ember THAT MUCH.)

Wow you are one loyal gamer.  I hear you, Ember is my favorite for her potential and her look (who does not like that flaming head come on now) unfortunately it is never realized.  It may not be true but it just seems Ember absorbs alot of hate and gets little love in return.

Here is the thing, I have no idea how you mod banchee or how you play her, but I can tell you for a FACT that I can take her into 2 hour + survival and have no issue surviving. And that is with me never using her 4, as it would root me.

This is not something you can dispute, it is fact. Maybe I play differently who knows, but it IS possible.

What i am arguing here is that they took away Banshee's only 100% reliable CC option to does not even bug out.

Just now, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

What i am arguing here is that they took away Banshee's only 100% reliable CC option to does not even bug out.

And what I am arguing is that in those survivals, I use all of her cc EXCEPT for her 4. That is the only reason I survive. WIth these changes, I can actually use her 4 now. This means it will be easier for me to survive.

1 minute ago, RacerDelux said:

And what I am arguing is that in those survivals, I use all of her cc EXCEPT for her 4. That is the only reason I survive. WIth these changes, I can actually use her 4 now. This means it will be easier for me to survive.

It might be easier to just survive, but I play her to defend. She is my best defense frame, and ember was my best survival frame. both are now being nerfed into the ground so that there is no more good CC in those particular areas.

19 hours ago, Neightrix said:

Negativity isn't the point. I'm advocating for meaningful changes. It's a matter of function. Neither change adds anything to Ember's kit. A much larger AOE on her 2 augment that doesn't require whole team to stand in one place is outright better, and an instant add assuming you're not using gimped strength. Hell, her 1 augment is just a stronger single teammate version of her 2 augment. Players are asking for meaningful changes such as bringing back the survivability portion of Overheat, or ways to deal with armor - but this is more of what she already has. It's fine if you like these changes or think they're cool or whatever, but suggesting that this sufficient might lead DE stop here, and Ember would get nothing to assist her in high end content.

No, I would not say it is ultimately satisfying, but I do think it is a good start to what Ember is requiring.

Just now, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

It might be easier to just survive, but I play her to defend. She is my best defense frame, and ember was my best survival frame. both are now being nerfed into the ground so that there is no more good CC in those particular areas.

100% not correct. I will give you a couple. Trinity, frost, rhino, equinox, nova, mag, seryn.
Hell, almost every frame can be made to be a great defense frame. Only a couple can't, but that is because their focus is not on cc defense.

On 07.02.2018 at 6:49 PM, BringMeYourAzz said:

Because of the little EHP [Chroma] will have, he will be dead so damn fast that it doesn´t no matter if its recastable or not.

What are you talking about? They're not changing the armor buff on vex armor.

100% not correct. I will give you a couple. Trinity, frost, rhino, equinox, nova, mag, seryn.
Hell, almost every frame can be made to be a great defense frame. Only a couple can't, but that is because their focus is not on cc defense.

Trinity: Healer

Rhino: self-defense

Frost: defense, but not actual CC

Equinox: like the casual player would even have because of how BS she is to obtain

Nova: only slows or speeds up the targets. Is closer, but does not completely control.

Mag: trash frame that really needs to be looked at

Saryn: only really shines in Defense, and is not fun in the slightest to play. she is literally spam 1 and 2 to win. 

CC does not necessarily mean they just fill defensive roles.

1 hour ago, Fate_Epsylon said:

I wish I would/could just do this, but the sad truth is.

I got into Warframe

I only play Warframe

I continue playing Warframe

Only for one reason:

Ember.

And I mean this quite literally.
I only play her (since I first started) & if you catch me on another frame, it's to get it to max rank for MR. Right after that, I'm back to Ember and when I'm not playing Ember, I'm bored to death. (which makes me wanna flat out log off and play something else.) And keep in mind, this isn't meant to be a threat. It's just a reality for me when it comes to Warframe/Ember.

She's literally the decisive factor in me playing this game.

I know everyone's just gonna switch frames when these changes go through and etc, but the sad truth is... I won't. I just love Ember too much.

But if they keep grinding her into the ground, it's going to give me less reason to play her (and inversely less reason to play Warframe in general)

I'm probably the only person who feels/thinks this way about Ember being "the greatest frame in the game" (although she's clearly not), but no other frame grabs my attention like Ember does.

So if you see me constantly posting every two minutes and setting up camp in this thread, it's literally because of this.

I'm even taking off work & not leaving my comp until I see the new Ember changes and am just spending my day(s) in this thread hoping DE will just hear us out or even meet us halfway & I don't plan on leaving until then.

(Yes, it's sad that I'm doing this, but I love Ember THAT MUCH.)

I'm with you. Ember has always been the most entertaining frame for me and without having a frame I like stay relevant and not get nerfed into the ground because other people decided I'm having fun wrong I can't see why I'd bother playing any more.

I'm just waiting for the ember change to happen. Watch it be amazing n everyone here finaly stops with the unneeded flameraging. "See what I did there?"

But please act like adults people. Besides we don't even know the new WOF stats yet so none of these complaints have any flooring to stand on. Let the release it then test it. It's not like it can't be tweeked after the fact if there is a problem. All un-merited complaining is gonna do is push something back and ruin it more. It happens every time and it seems like this playerbase never learns this.

Gerade eben schrieb KubrowTamer:

I'm just waiting for the ember change to happen. Watch it be amazing n everyone here finaly stops with the unneeded flameraging. "See what I did there?"

But please act like adults people. Besides we don't even know the new WOF stats yet so none of these complaints have any flooring to stand on. Let the release it then test it. It's not like it can't be tweeked after the fact if there is a problem. All un-merited complaining is gonna do is push something back and ruin it more. It happens every time and it seems like this playerbase never learns this.

My thoughts exactly.
Wait for the update, try it out and then you can properly complain.

1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

We do know the stats, its unaltered stats, only after 5 secs it starts to change to double dmg double drain 1/4 range (cuz circle) 
using the "act like adults" card is dumb, we are here giving feedback, if you call that flameraging, then don't try to annoy people

2 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

Unless they add/do something to Ember we're not aware of. (Or being told)

It's pretty clear that it won't be a good change.

People said the same thing when her Overheat was removed & when her WoF was duration AND Timer based.

We haven't been wrong before & if it's as straight-forward as we're being told, we'll continue to not be wrong.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Trinity: Healer

Rhino: self-defense

Frost: defense, but not actual CC

Equinox: like the casual player would even have because of how BS she is to obtain

Nova: only slows or speeds up the targets. Is closer, but does not completely control.

Mag: trash frame that really needs to be looked at

Saryn: only really shines in Defense, and is not fun in the slightest to play. she is literally spam 1 and 2 to win. 

CC does not necessarily mean they just fill defensive roles.

Look... I am going to stop here and request that you experiment more with the frames in the game. Your black and white view on what they all do is not really accurate. I would think that after 1300 hours of playing this game, I may know a thing or two about its mechanics and builds.

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DevilishSix said:

Wow you are one loyal gamer.  I hear you, Ember is my favorite for her potential and her look (who does not like that flaming head come on now) unfortunately it is never realized.  It may not be true but it just seems Ember absorbs alot of hate and gets little love in return.

8 minutes ago, V38M2Y69T said:

I'm with you. Ember has always been the most entertaining frame for me and without having a frame I like stay relevant and not get nerfed into the ground because other people decided I'm having fun wrong I can't see why I'd bother playing any more.

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way about Ember. (tbh, I thought I was gonna be ridiculed to death about it. 

I'm not asking for her to be relevant or OP, I just want her to have a reason/place to be played when it comes to Warframe. (And a positive one at that.)

Just now, Fate_Epsylon said:

Unless they add/do something to Ember we're not aware of. (Or being told)

It's pretty clear that it won't be a good change.

People said the same thing when her Overheat was removed & when her WoF was duration AND Timer based.

We haven't been wrong before & if it's as straight-forward as we're being told, we'll continue to not be wrong.

Except it was the people who actually proposed whe change to WOF from overheat and it is the people who currently run it. 

Archived