[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

Zephyr is so close to being perfect!
Zephyr Primes design is art in motion I really love the way she came out. 

That said, Zephyr still has 1 major flaw in my eye and everyone got a lot to say about it. I've already said my piece about it in here before but i'll expand on it a little more here.

That issue is Tailwind. Or rather, how it is currently. in short I like this ability, a lot of people do. I like how it was merged with divebomb. that much is fine I don't want it undone. BUT what I do believe Tailwind need is a way to cancel the animation and pause / stop the momentum at will. Personally I love how Zephyr flight model works in idea. using the wind to burst forward with great velocity is both cool and fun. I would just like for the duration to be more controllable like canceling the animation early along with the momentum so you don't get stuck in walls. On top of that. I think dive bomb should trigger on contact with a surface below Zephyr and not at a angel. If we can get that worked out in my eyes she would be perfect.

Currently, there are a few people that want tail wind to be made into what some call a "true flight" ability i.e. something like Titania's razor wing or like that hover Titania has with her passive animations. I however really, REALLY don't want that. I don't want anything like that at all personally. I don't think something like that would work in the small corridors of warframe and I don't want to be stuck with something like this attached to the warframe I know and love. sorry dudes.

I've grown to love the way Airburst is used only more and more as I use it and I look forward to any augment you could give it. I don't think you need to touch this ability anymore. If you do, just give it more flight speed. I'd also make the flight speed effected by Jet Stream.

I love Turbluence, don't touch it. I know I said some stuff before. but like. Just don't touch. 

Tornado as they are now currently works very well especially with Airburst. (for the love of god please don't make it a single tornado.)

• Applause 1

Well, now that I feel I've tested the new Atlas buffs out for a decent amount of time, I think I can safely say Landslide and Petrify (aside from it randomly not petrifying enemies right in front of you, behind objects or in its general AoE) are just fine.

However, Bulwark and Rumblers are still pretty lackluster.

Bulwark is still completely useless outside of small gimmicks (like blocking off the Index guys score area). Petrifying it actually makes the Bulwark worse, as it's increased speed makes it phase through enemies faster, failing to pick them up after a few meters. On top of that, even with a max Strength build against basic enemies like Butchers at level 40, enemies will still not die, even after Petrifying Bulwark. Petrify also doesn't heal Bulwark, or at least increase it's defenses. This feels a little odd considering that every other defense ability has some form of scalability. If healing Bulwark is out of the question, can we at least have its damage scale in some way? Maybe let it suck up enemies near it, and deal increased damage the more enemies that are inside? 

As for Rumblers, their only real issue now is their atrocious, non-scaling damage. Personally, I'd prefer them to level up with enemies, starting at level 30, and scaling to the general enemy level upon cast, kind of like Nekros' Shadows of the Dead. If that would be too much work, why not let them scale off of Atlas' Melee Mods? With these buffs, can we see some tweaks to the Rumblers attacks? The poor guys have a really hard time hitting airborne targets, and sometimes ground targets. Maybe a small AoE on each attack would help then actually hit enemies a bit more  On a side note, can we have a buff to the Rumblers Augment as well? It's stats are fine, but it really needs to activate that aggro trigger much more often. As it currently stands, two Rumblers are better in the damage department and distraction department as the Titanic Rumbler doesn't use its aggro attack often enough. 

Finally, can we see another buff to Rubble, allowing it to scale infinitely? This would help Atlas, Bulwark and Rumblers immensely. Now Bulwark could become a valid defense ability, but only if you could keep up the Petrify kills. Atlas would be tanky enough to finally not require Quick Thinking, yet again, he'd need to keep up the Petrify kills to stay at that level. Plus, Rumblers would also get even tougher thanks to Atlas' scaling Armor, it wouldn't be needed, but hey, it would be nice to help them out against abnormally strong units like Scorches.

How many times does it need to be stated that Ember is currently broken? DE, please take a look at her over-thought rework! It does exactly the opposite of what you wanted it to do! 

Her #1, including the charge mechanic isn't as useful as could be. The melee and charge feature on the Madurai Focus School is far more useful and works almost exactly the same as her Fireball, but it ragdolls enemies which is far more important than killing them out-right! 

Her #2's stun duration (echoing what many other Tenno have already stated) needs to be based on her actual duration mods equipped. It's a joke right now! Even if it doesn't increase the time enemies are stunned for much more it should still be an option open to players who would like to actually stun those enemies with Accelerant! 

Her #3 is just fine, especially with the knockdown and the added bonus of applying heat damage to weapons! Don't touch it, please! 

Her... #4... is utterly nonsense... It is has been over worked into the ground. It does what it does, but the decrease in range as well as the high energy cost and increasing energy drain relegate this ability and Ember to the Difital Extremes' bargain bin of Warframes! 

Not to be a resounding drum, but (again echoing what others have said previously) the rework does exactly the opposite of what the goals stated and niche Ember was supposed to occupy! 

As for not stealing every kill in low level content? She steals them all! As for making her more effective in higher level content by giving her more damage? She now has less ability to kill the enemy than before! 

I love DE and I love this game called Warframe! Stupid mistakes are okay, but mistakes that negatively impact the core goals of gameplay that is fun are not! As an ultimate veteran who has been with Digital Extremes since Dark Sector, the launch of Warframe on PC, the launch of Warframe on consoles, Mastery Rank 25, yadda, yadda, yadda... I can say that the World on Fire nerf, has been stupid to say the least! Maybe I should make my own thread about it? Between mindless nerfs and farming for Wisps I'm a little frustrated!

DE, please stop trying to cater to the masses and look at your own stated goals! You did not meet them in this recent Ember re-nerf, I mean rework! I say this from love of the game and while it is out of frustration, it's the frustration at seeing things that we're working okay turning into things that don't work in reality!  

(WoF, anyone? Limbo being unable to affect targets outside the rift while he's in the rift? Chroma's #1 being made trash after already being, well, trash? Hmm... I digress, moving on!) 

Solution: 

Revert changes on WoF to pre-rework. Scale the damage to enemy health. Allow Accelerant to multiply the damage done by applying Accelerant multiple times like a critical multiplier, but for all heat damage. Done. End of story. 

An intensive fix to powers and scalability would be to readdress  the mod system and damage entirely, but that's asking way too much! Not because DE isn't capable, but because sometimes simple fixes make all of the difference! 

On a positive note; loved the recent devstream! Can't wait to rove across Venus! 

PS:Is the change to Banshee's #4 supposed to anger every other player in the squad and turn the once noble Banshee players into spam divas? Needs more interactivity and thought as opposed to the same idea of, "press 4 to win." Now it's, "press 4, more, to win!"

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Less cowbell needed.
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

So, it's been awhile, but here are a few changes that need to happen to a few Warframes before Fortuna drops. 

1. Ember: PLEASE look at the range reduction on her WoF and consider giving her an energy cost reduction as well. Give her World on Fire flat damage and percentage based damage so she can stay relevant in higher levels and not literally burn through lower level content. Right now she's a closet Frame because WoF is what keeps her alive and it simply doesn't work. 

2. Limbo: it isn't that difficult to enter and exit the rift, but not being able to banish enemies who are on another plane than you severely handicaps him and forces him to overly rely on Cataclysm. It's frustrating when his entire kit is made irrelevant because of one power. He also should be able to use Banish on targets inside Cataclysm to remove them from the rift as well. After the rework he was much better at CC-ing and killing enemies, but pre-rework he was much more fun to play, which is a shame. 

3. Banshee: PLEASE change her Soundquake into a power that increases interactivity as opposed to encouraging player stupidity. It has now become a spam power which is worse than before! Make her stationary again, but let her pulse every few seconds to stagger enemies. Give her directional control over the damage that increases the damage the longer the you aim in one direction. Enemies hit by the pulse are also staggered and you can increase the frequency of the "stagger-pulses" by sweeping the aim around. Give her bonus damage against enemies who have been affected by Sonar. 

4. Chroma: could you look at tweaking the duration of his Vex Armor? It's recastable, but this leads to some odd modding situations where the result is spending too much time maintaining the power instead of taking advantage of it! His Spectral Scream is still worthless and would greatly benefit by implementing a much higher base damage value that only scales by a fraction of Vex Armor to keep the damage from reaching rediculous values? It would be a shame to have his Prime release and him still suffering from these two issues. 

5. Oberon: any chance of giving his Hallowed Ground more duration? All of the mods kind of work against him in that if you want to mod for specific powers his other powers go unused. This is seen most dramatically in Hallowed Ground which really take advantage of duration. It seems like a power that is meant to be fired and left alone, but it doesn't last long enough to really take advantage of unless you build for just Hallowed Ground which makes the rest of his kit suffer even more! Having a minimum duration of 25 seconds that won't drop below that would solve a lot of issues as their isn't enough space for mods to make all his powers synergize well instead of working against each other. 

Thanks, DE! 

2 hours ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

So, it's been awhile, but here are a few changes that need to happen to a few Warframes before Fortuna drops. 

1. Ember: PLEASE look at the range reduction on her WoF and consider giving her an energy cost reduction as well. Give her World on Fire flat damage and percentage based damage so she can stay relevant in higher levels and not literally burn through lower level content. Right now she's a closet Frame because WoF is what keeps her alive and it simply doesn't work. 

2. Limbo: it isn't that difficult to enter and exit the rift, but not being able to banish enemies who are on another plane than you severely handicaps him and forces him to overly rely on Cataclysm. It's frustrating when his entire kit is made irrelevant because of one power. He also should be able to use Banish on targets inside Cataclysm to remove them from the rift as well. After the rework he was much better at CC-ing and killing enemies, but pre-rework he was much more fun to play, which is a shame. 

3. Banshee: PLEASE change her Soundquake into a power that increases interactivity as opposed to encouraging player stupidity. It has now become a spam power which is worse than before! Make her stationary again, but let her pulse every few seconds to stagger enemies. Give her directional control over the damage that increases the damage the longer the you aim in one direction. Enemies hit by the pulse are also staggered and you can increase the frequency of the "stagger-pulses" by sweeping the aim around. Give her bonus damage against enemies who have been affected by Sonar. 

4. Chroma: could you look at tweaking the duration of his Vex Armor? It's recastable, but this leads to some odd modding situations where the result is spending too much time maintaining the power instead of taking advantage of it! His Spectral Scream is still worthless and would greatly benefit by implementing a much higher base damage value that only scales by a fraction of Vex Armor to keep the damage from reaching rediculous values? It would be a shame to have his Prime release and him still suffering from these two issues. 

5. Oberon: any chance of giving his Hallowed Ground more duration? All of the mods kind of work against him in that if you want to mod for specific powers his other powers go unused. This is seen most dramatically in Hallowed Ground which really take advantage of duration. It seems like a power that is meant to be fired and left alone, but it doesn't last long enough to really take advantage of unless you build for just Hallowed Ground which makes the rest of his kit suffer even more! Having a minimum duration of 25 seconds that won't drop below that would solve a lot of issues as their isn't enough space for mods to make all his powers synergize well instead of working against each other. 

Thanks, DE! 

I think you forgot something.

6. Volt: would you please buff his base sprint speed to 1.10 and his Prime to 1.15 and change the duration of speed to 20 seconds and decrease his shields to 20 aswell.

19 hours ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

I think you forgot something.

6. Volt: would you please buff his base sprint speed to 1.10 and his Prime to 1.15 and change the duration of speed to 20 seconds and decrease his shields to 20 aswell.

Yes, please!