Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

Chroma related questions:

1) Could it be possible to use weapons during Spectral Scream? I think it would be pretty sweet! Or would that not work with the animation while aiming?

2) Have you considered Effigy being affected by Vex Armor's Scorn / Fury buff?

I hope you consider this! Great changes by the way and keep up the great work!

38 minutes ago, TeCoolTenno said:

Yeah I might just pick mag up again but I'm not sure how to go about playing her, and when she shines compared to the like she of nyx and max range sleepvara (my two mains)

except maybe vs corpus I guess, that's the most obvious. But even then in defenses and all nyx might be better

She has a lot more damage than nyx and Ivara and in lower level missions she can even be build for killing enemies with her ult.

She can't do the invisible or invincible nor the Hard CC the others provide, but with all of her displacement and now the ability to actually cast more than a handful abilities she will take her spot amongst the other CC Frames quite well I think.

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

ATLAS:

• Petrify is now a single cast instead of a channel ability, instantly Petrifying enemies in front of you regardless of level!

Probably going to get downvoted hard for this, but I was really hoping DE wouldn't cave to the pressure and would keep this a channeled ability. Instant petrification is great, I guess, but I feel like I'm going to end up having to spam this to have the effect I had before, whereas people could have just double-tapped to turn it on and off briefly before to have a similar effect. Not to mention the radial instant petrification that was proposed for Rumblers. Sorry to say, but I'm disappointed, and I hope there are other people who liked it as a channeled ability who didn't have enough reason to speak up until now.

Dive Bomb can now fire on slight angles, as long as you’re looking mostly down.

Could the shockwave from Divebomb just trigger whenever you hit a surface with tailwind instead? I feel like that would be a lot less clunky than automatically charging to the ground at some semi-arbitrary angle.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)XxIpwneDYoUxX188 said:

In the original post about the changes it changed chroma's damage increase formula from  [(Base * Mods) * Vex Armor], to [Base * (Vex + Mods)], and on the wiki it says that scorn is currently applied after the previous calculations, so it has the same formula has fury.

Oh ok, maybe i misunderstood it. Alot of people are saying the same thing as me. Maybe we just need it to be more clarified. my mistake

how about:

fireball - button press cast a fireball that leaves a napalm blast. on button hold, ember fires and ignis style flamethrower.

world on fire moves to move 3. just causes knockdowns. give it a new augment that strips enemies armor/shield. call something catchy, like "acid bath" or something.

overheat becomes her new 4, make it boost her base armor, which can be increased with strength mods. while overheat is active, melee ground slams trigger fireblast for 1/3 of overheat casting cost. also fireballs damage is calculated with mods from your primary, in a similar fashion to the exalted weapons or peacemaker. well that last part may be a little broken.

for a passive: every ability cast has a chance to set ember on fire which grants her health regen.

Hmm, not sure if the change for Ember's 3rd is good. Fire damage it's still mitigated by tons of enemy types after all.

I'd say you rework her passive too. It's not useful. I mean, i  higher levels with her being so squishy, what fire damage doesn't kill her? Scorches, Kavat ladys and Napalms destroy Ember in an instant.

And apart from these, what else deals fire damage?

I'd say you need to change that asap, keep the damage increment (not sure if the energy regen) and make the condition different. Like for example, make ember's damsge increase for every enemy she gives the burning condition. Or the more skills she casts, she will be accumulating more base damage, with a decay over time. Also with a limit on how much damage she can add.

I believe her passive must encourage the use of all her skillset, so you further solve the issue with world on fire and enemies that resist fire.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

ZEPHYR:

• Tail Wind now costs half as much energy when cast in the air.
  • Tail Wind does more damage.
  • Changed Dive Bomb augment into a Tail Wind augment - now reads: “Each enemy hit increases Tail Wind damage by 25%. Damage resets upon landing.”
  • Dive Bomb can now fire on slight angles, as long as you’re looking mostly down.
  • (Clarification: holding aim (default RMB) has a greater effect on steering Tornadoes.)

@[DE]Connor Nice changes here, but after thinking awhile based on changes you've mentioned, you could make it even better and way more fun to play.

Instead of the charge mechanic to execute the hover, just have the hover activate when you use Tailwind. That would better execute the fantasy of master of the skies. Imagine dashing through the air into a hover to shoot at enemies, dash again to reposition, shoot more stuff, etc. This would also help the augment change if you actually need to damage enemies with Tailwind to stack the damage. Enemies are mostly on the ground, so dashing through them you would usually instantly land, thus making the augment impractical. (Assuming you have to damage enemies with the ability.)

Make Dive Bomb the charge mechanic and give it angles. Using Dive Bomb at an angle into a cluster of enemies would feel amazing. Maybe when you aim at the ground and cast it determines the angle and not aiming at the ground will launch you straight down. (Looking straight down will also launch you straight down.) As of now it just feels lacking only going straight down.

PS: Any thoughts about changing the augment for Tornado with these changes?

The ember change is kinda rubbish given that she can no longer assert any reliable cc other than continual 2 spam and is lacking any survival skills (you nerfed that remember ?)

If she's going to be gutted, she deserves a total rework gutting rather than a slow shuffling further into mediocrity.

Ash - great, he's an assassin and can scale really well into late-game because of the survivability from his Invis and his "get out of damage free" card with his 4 being opt-in. 

Atlas - seems good, if his armor is a reasonable amount and can scale to give him some significant tankiness then he'll be great as well with that instant CC on his 3 and 4 now. Great.

Banshee - I mean it's her augment.. she's still unchanged and her Silence makes her really good at dealing with enemies as well as her Sonar for ranged support, she's great.

Chroma - wonderful change making Vex armor recastable... I may actually play and build a Chroma now. I didn't want to have to self-damage and now I don't need to. 

Ember - still not good. She'll just be replaced with a maim-equinox for low level farming. These changes allow her to still kill things on the starchart, but will still be useless as a DPS caster past level 25 really. She has no survivability, is losing a large amount of her CC, and isn't getting a way to deal with enemy scaling... So. Yah.

Gara - should be good if it takes 100% of health / shield / armor from glassed enemies, because enemies can't kill eachother, they just kill us really well because we have like 1500 EHP total (mostly).

Mag - energy is nice. Still don't know about her. Everything feels kinda bad on mag and some of her abilities actively hurt her, like Magnatize on an enemy if you don't have punch-through makes it so dead bodies defend the living... eh, still won't really look at her.

Zephyr can be good, would hope for some pretty smart tornadoes, but playtesting will showcase that more then anything.

Overall good work, just sad to see that Ember still doesn't get anything to push her out of the "kill level 30 and below" status that she's in right now.

MAG:

• Increased base energy pool (125 for Mag, 175 for Mag Prime).
  • Crush animations slightly sped up
  • Augment for Polarize reworked - now reads: "Weapons hit by Polarize are jammed for 4 seconds. Robotic enemies hit by Polarize are disabled for 4 seconds."

Hey, at least this would make Mag better...I mean, now with the Polarize's Augment, you can jam weapons and disable robotics...Are we talking about a revenge against Raptor?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DevilishSix said:

DE consider this for Ember and I think all Ember players would be happy.

Change WoF from a damage dealer to damage reduction/survivibility and straight up CC. 

CC... you mean the thing Accelerant already does instantly in a bigger range than WoF and without a tick rate limit? Removing the damage from WoF would be absolutely terrible.

About Zephyr, aside or instead of the angle based activation (to horizontal tailwind or dive bomb), How about make it like this:
While airborne, tap Tail WInd button to cast a dive bomb. Or, hold to cast horizontal Tail WInd, and can be further charged like the suggested change to either; add a hover after the horizontal Tail WInd, OR, make the horizontal Tail WInd gets additional damage/travel distance.

Alright, since I can already feel the animosity toward my previous comment (paranoia, since this moves so fast I doubt many have even read it) and because I'm a nice guy who wants to make as many people happy as possible, how about this? Petrify stays a channeled ability, but on activation and/or deactivation it releases a burst that instantly petrifies all enemies in the cone. Better, right? A quick double-tap gives you your instant cast, tap-quickturn-tap functionally (maybe) gives you two instant casts for probably less energy than if it were only instant cast, and anyone who wants it channeled can leave it on to work as it does now. 

We friends again?

Archived