Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

Chroma:

I actually think it would not be good to comment Vex Armor change before it really launched. But the current trend seems like a nerf in overall.

The rebalance to prevent way too insane buff is good, but I'm wondering:

Will this make mid power strength build even less effective since it's a nerf for balance purpose?

I play chroma in a 154% strength build, to leave MOD slots for Quick Thinking, Rage, constitution, etc. These utility mods already make me sacrifice power strength. I can manage these sacrifice on survivability and damage for now.

However, after the rebalancing. Would players be forced to play in more high power strength build to get reliable survivability and builds with utility mods become unusable due to survival problem? 

3 hours ago, lookinerator said:

Ember still needs some survivability.

Overheat anyone?

This. 100000000000000%

I would also like to see Ember's heat procs deal like 1-2% health damage to enemies though. (Even if it's something like every three ticks or so. It would allow her to scale nicely into late game.)
As for this idea? It's not mine, I saw it in another Ember thread. I just tweaked it a bit for the sake of fairness.

2 hours ago, Cephalon_Ovis said:

landslide: allow us to punch anything that has a HP bar. (including capture targets since you can already damage them but not target them like other exalted weapons)

If this was the only change that they made i'd be happy.  I get so pissed that I can't landslide an Eidolon's Synovia or a drop ship on the plains.  makes no sense.

23 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

the gif are from the 1st dev workshop, afaik the changes made in this current thread of 2nd dev workshop from frames havent been implemented, the 1st dev workshop still have atlas retain the non-flash petrify mechanic, and were a channeled abilities.

No, that's a new gif in this thread's original post. Check it out! :)

2 hours ago, (PS4)XxIpwneDYoUxX188 said:

The real question is, will Vex armor be any useful, because now it seems it's just going to be an average damage boost.

I think it will be still one of the strongest if not the strongest. I don't know why everyone keeps thinking that this will be the end for Chroma.

Chroma, Banshee, and Ember both had powerful abilities that were OPAF........ I saw this coming a mile away, they had it coming.

The buff to the weapons and other frames makes up for it.

3 hours ago, Fazuul said:

This would be a great change to add to Frost's Snow Globe. 

3 hours ago, duhadventure said:

Why isn't this the case with Frost's snowglobe...

well i believe the difference is 1 the globe is stationary and can be protected if your paying attention but avatars run straight at the bubble with no regard for there own life

2. It sounds pretty op since you can heal frosts globe you could almost never have to worry about anything again.

I still feel the WoF change is still not being done "right", for lack of a better term.

They want to make it less AFK friendly, yeah, I get that and that's fine. Why do it in such a way that it hurts players who kinda have to leave it on at higher levels for reliable (accelerant is not reliable) CC though by reducing the range of it the longer it's on?

On top of that, killing enemies before teammates can see them should NOT be a factor towards changing WoF simply because AoE tile cleaning is not exclusive to her. Is she the easiest frame to do it with? Maybe. If this change goes through though, people will just start recasting WoF to maintain max range and/or move on to other AoE capable frames like Equinox, Rhino, Saryn and the like with ultimately nothing being solved in that regard.

What have you done to Mag? Polarize and it's augment were already fine. Crush locks you in place while casting, so it's not good for restoring shields on the fly, buff it to deal damage in a different way(cause shards to explode, amplify status effects, scale damage based on enemies), or block/destroy projectiles perhaps (bombard rockets, sapping osprey mines, etc.)

Also, just to clarify, can Zephyr now hover more than once, or does she have to return to the ground every time?

21 minutes ago, (PS4)SentientSickness said:

The shadows change is so welcome, thanks DE

now please buff soul punch

... I beg of you

I was thinking a few days ago that enemies killed by soul punch should become spectres like shadow of the dead. Would that work?

Back to the topic, thanks DE for the Atlas buffs! I was doing his quest for the sake of completion-ism but now I'm actually going to build him! 

For WoF for Ember, I feel the increase in damage and such is good for close range, but completely cutting off the damage as half the range seems overkill. What if like a standard deviation parabola, we get that significant increase towards the center, but see it slope off significantly to little damage outside that halfway point, that way the augment still works at a distance and the small damage numbers can give an indication of how far and where the enemy is?

Just now, Kagemitsukenshi said:

Do you happen to have an alternative?

I'm not the person to whom you are speaking, but hey, here are some ideas right off the top of my head!

- Leave World On Fire's range intact, but make it deal damage on a scaling gradient such that enemies in the outer 50% of its range barely get tickled but enemies in the closest 20% take massive whacks of damage. Allow all explosions, regardless of the damage they deal, to apply CC effects á la Firequake or Heat procs.

- Charging abilities does feel awful, it's slow, clunky, and detracts from flow. If you want the ability to have a function, just give it the function.

- Or, go ahead with these changes to World On Fire, but release a new Augment which works like this: enemies outside of World On Fire's range take a massive accuracy penalty when firing into World On Fire's effect radius i.e. at Ember.

Took me like ten seconds to think of an answer.

Just now, The_1_FreeMan said:

I do. Make the WOF damage fall off rapidly with distance. Very high damage close by, very small damage further away that still allows for firequake cc.

Thing is they are making the change partially due to the effect its massive range has. They don't wan't players to lock down enemies super far away

Archived