Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

Soooooo is RQ like oberons hallowed ground like i proposed some years ago?! Ore gazegetting looked at like I've mentioned on numerous occasions? Rumblers aren't suicidal maniacs.... Like I mentioned?!!! That's it's you Devs can just take my money!!! Warframe=Best game EVER!! DE best company EVER!!!! Thank you Lord Grofit and praise it be onto the void tenno!!! 😙😙😙😙😙

Interesting stuff!

I really hope that Fireball’s mapalm flame can somehow be used to trigger Ember’s passive, which should be helpful to have to recover from World on Fire’s increased drain (and Ember’s need to cast more Accelerant and Fire Blast for CC now).

It’s nice that Fire Blast adds more damage to weapons like Volt’s Electric Shield, but perhaps allow it to reduce enemy projectile and bullet damage as well that fire through the flames? That should add much appreciated survivability for frail Ember and her team.

Atlas’ and Chroma’s changes are awesome, as well as the general changes to Focus passive and summoned avatars (you can’t hear or see it, but my sigh of relief and satisfaction is coupled with a stupid grin on my face). The progress is real!! This is how a new year should begin!

Cannot wait to try everything out!

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I'm not the person to whom you are speaking, but hey, here are some ideas right off the top of my head!

- Leave World On Fire's range intact, but make it deal damage on a scaling gradient such that enemies in the outer 50% of its range barely get tickled but enemies in the closest 20% take massive whacks of damage. Allow all explosions, regardless of the damage they deal, to apply CC effects á la Firequake or Heat procs.

- Charging abilities does feel awful, it's slow, clunky, and detracts from flow. If you want the ability to have a function, just give it the function.

- Or, go ahead with these changes to World On Fire, but release a new Augment which works like this: enemies outside of World On Fire's range take a massive accuracy penalty when firing into World On Fire's effect radius i.e. at Ember.

Took me like ten seconds to think of an answer.

yeah i agree with both of you on the gradient like damage thats how actual fire works i just dont agree with no charging i like when thing have diff effects based on a charge

Ash- very welcomed changes

banshee- if the damage is good then no complaints. It wont be afk farming but still allows her to do a similar job. Similar to mesa's changes as being more active. 

Chroma- since spectral sreams damage is still terrible and it being a channeling ability i don't see it gaining any use with these two things still affecting it. Recasting is womderful, thank you. The base range could be bigger but still a welcomed change. I just just dont think "baby sitting" teammates is very fun with having a low range. I am a fan of "aura" or being within range of allies abilities sharing the affinity radius. Makes things more convenient.

Gara- if you could add the decay when encountering a nullifier to this as well that would be great

ember- if you want to move her combat style to close range then giver her some survivability. Maybe give fireblast overheat's mechanics. Not entirely sure of the specifics all i know is she needs a damage reduction ability. Also fireball still wont see much use. If you want to make her 1st "melt armor" i could see it being very useful. 

Mag- the changes seem good I just hope the numbers are there and she doesnt feel clunky to use anymore. 

Zephyr- the changes to her just don't seem enough still. Her kit is quite aged and adding a little more tweaks doesn't feel like its an adequate enough change. Being based off a bird and still not being able to fly properly just doesn't fit thematically. Tornadoes are cool but are a bit much on the eyes. The damage and cc would also have to be good in order for it to not be an inconvenience. 

All in all i am very glad you guys are finally taking a serious look at frames that need attention. 

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Thing is they are making the change partially due to the effect its massive range has. They don't wan't players to lock down enemies super far away

If they want her to be more up close and personal instead of range then they need to give her damage reduction and or more armor, because she is a glass cannon.  Glass cannon's aren't meant to stand toe to toe with a horde of enemies or take a stream of bullets from a heavy gunner.  Yet they have not touched her survivibility or damage reduction even with all the posters saying it needs to be done to  balance to losses on WoF.

Personally, I think the banshee change before this additional change was enough, but I will have to see. Because ifrom the damage is too low or the pulses are too infrequent, then it' just and overall nerf to her, as opposed to making her more interactive, yet effective.

Also, concerning ember, If anything, if you have to nerf her range, then you should at the very least improve her drain. There is a chance she can be usable,  but her drain will only hinder her.

Suggestion: make it possible for Atlas to use all of his rubble stacks to buff wall/rumblers by I CAST FIST punching them (has to aim straight at them, not the expanding shockwave), granting them more hp, power strength, duration, and size based on the number of stacks.

Additional suggestion: make it possible to transfer rubble to another player in this fashion.

That or greatly reduce the damage of WoF and then give Accelerant a unique damage multiplier to WoF that cannot be modified via ability strength that would bring it back up to where it is now in terns of damage. Would be similar in how Octavia's Mallet interacts with Amp.

That way, people who use her for CC remain unaffected and people who want to use her for hallway/tile clearing have to spam Accelerant which will in turn require more energy.

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

ATLAS:

• Petrify is now a single cast instead of a channel ability, instantly Petrifying enemies in front of you regardless of level!
  • Rubble now has a singular decay, instead of each piece of rubble having its own set duration. Picking up more rubble delays the decay for a brief time.
  • We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!

Atlas, literally the last Warframe I've had to acquire and rank up (I've been playing for nearly 5 years now), just got out of the oven today. I started building him finally after the last dev workshop post made me go "Maybe I'll give him a try."

After this dev workshop post (and gif)? "Oh my god that is so badass. I've got to play him! :O"

The napalm fireball, not good. If you actually want people to use it then make it do an AOE knockdown of all enemies in its radius. I could see people actually using that in emergencies. The fireblast, having a squishy frame stand in the middle of flames with reduced visibility where they can be easily targeted, also not good. Please give it a push out like other abilities and add some damage reduction for the duration and then yeah, it is going to be much more viable, may even be really good.

3 minutes ago, weirdee said:

Suggestion: make it possible for Atlas to use all of his rubble stacks to buff wall/rumblers by I CAST FIST punching them (has to aim straight at them, not the expanding shockwave), granting them more hp, power strength, duration, and size based on the number of stacks.

Additional suggestion: make it possible to transfer rubble to another player in this fashion.

Both good ideas, but the latter (and to a degree the former) sounds more like an augment than an innate part of the abilities.

@[DE] Drew

I don't know if it's on purpose, but both Dev Workshop manage to not be specific when it comes to Scorn/Fury buffs changes.

I understand the nerfs to Fury buff, it was overpowered and ridiculous.

But Scorn is already not that amazing since it's only an Armor buff and not a straight up Damage Reduction buff, if the same calculation change is applied to Scorn like it is intended to be applied to Fury, Chroma's eHP will just go into the toilet.

Without his signature toughness, Chroma will just have the ability to boost up guns like crazy (even with the nerf to Fury), and a still S#&$ty #1 and #4...

25 minutes ago, (PS4)XxIpwneDYoUxX188 said:

Dear DE, don't nerf chroma. Instead but a damage cap per shot on the Eidolons.

Don't nerf the frame, fix the Eidolon

Or give it more health, something like that.

I think what you may be looking for are health gates, similar to bosses like Tyl Regor or first phase Vay Hek, except in this case it wouldn't also come with multiple invulnerability phases for each eidolon limb. I could see that being okay.

Just now, Sennera said:

Both good ideas, but the latter (and to a degree the former) sounds more like an augment than an innate part of the abilities.

i would imagine so, but it's up to them to decide what they want to make as part of an ability, or what they will put on an augment, so i'm leaving the options open ended

4 minutes ago, Alanthier said:

why can't chroma's 2 be recast to extend the timer for it too? it's stupid having abilities like that which prevent you from recasting it when the animation for the cast is stupidly long for such a short thing

because its NOT a scaling ability like his 3......its a flat increase.

Alright this might seem half assed (and cmiiw) but i'll try to breakdown WoF after complete stat change:
Damage: adds 100% of initial damage
Range: reduces 50% of initial range
Energy Drain Rate: adds 100% of initial Energy/Second drain rate.

While that can quite kill current existing ember build for Firequake Augment + Range for crowd control, what if these number changer affected by ability strength too? But make it not able to completely affect the percentage changes and give upper cap like this:
Damage: adds (20% + 80%) of initial damage, capped at +180% of initial damage.
Range: reduces (10% +
40%) of initial range, capped at -70% of initial range.
Energy Drain: adds (40 + 60%) of initial Energy/Second drain rate, capped at +125% of initial E/S drain rate.
Blue Numbers means that numbers are modifiable by ability strength stats.

Lets say if we going to focus on building Ember purely for crowd control, focusing on range by using Overextended (-60% ability Strength) and no other strength mods, the stat change will go like this:
Damage addition
= 20% + (80% * 40%)
= 20% + (32%)
= 52% damage added.
Range loss = 10% +
(40% * 40%)
= 10% + 16%
= 26% of initial range lost.
Energy Drain Rate = 40% +
(60% * 40%)
= 40% + 24%
= 64% of initial drain rate added.

Means if u go for pure crowd controlling, you will get less punished compared to if u build for more damage. Because, let's be real DE, ember already lacks brief survivability, her 4th augment at the moment serves for a crowd control build rather than simply damaging enemies, doubling her damage while losing more due to halved range and doubled energy drains isnt the best solution for reducing the number of ember afk killing enemies.

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

What?! Hit enemies once? Did you give it a crazy damage boost? This seems like a monumental nerf to the ability, and the augment.

Not really a nerf to the ability since it's only the augment being effected.. It likely does the full damage that would have been done in the set duration of the augement at once instead of overtime.

I feel like the additional changes to Ember do nothing to address the main concerns I saw expressed for her. The change to Fireball does little to make it more interesting. Fire Blast is nice, but Ember already has two ways to apply fire damage to allies and doesn't address the problems she has.

Perhaps consider giving Fire Blast a function like Zephyr's Turbulance for enemies shooting through the ring. This would give Ember a stick-and-move gameplay where she turns on WoF to help control enemies when moving and then picks a spot to place down Fire Blast and make a stand.

Archived