Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

These changes will certainly freshen up the game especially zephyr and ember.

-The only thing missing on ember is a defensive passive some heat themed defensive buff that depends on dAmage dealt and can scale on both single target dAmage or aoe damage(or either).

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

(NOTE: This post is a follow-up on a prior Dev Workshop. If you missed out last time, be sure to read up on all the changes here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/915093-dev-workshop-warframes-revisited/ )

"Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range)."

This is at base 100 I guess, and no one builds chroma for range Hes duration and strength so we loose either efficency or range for him, 18 meters at base 100 is terrible, when his range is normally 40 this is going to be exactly like his 2 which helps team mates as long as they stick to your &#!, this doesn't help at all..

Also what about  Mod that gives the buff to team mates as long as you where close then you can go away and it stays with them for duration will this work

BANSHEE:

• Although still a singular cast allowing free movement, Resonating Quake will only hit enemies once as it expands outward, dealing a mass of damage at once.

I dont understand the huge second nerf to her? The first instance of your change was already a massive change. But this monumentally nerfs her. Whats going on DE? @[DE]Connor

I'm extremely disappointed that DE is planning to keep their proposed massive nerf to Ember's World on Fire. Reducing its range and increasing its energy drain are extreme nerfs, not reworks. I'm going to reiterate my stance:

23uyic.gif

Why is DE nerfing Ember in the 1st place? According to [DE]Connor: "By simply bullet jumping through levels with World on Fire active, enemies become a non-factor, making Ember a ubiquitous pick across most of the Star Chart." That line of thought is fundamentally flawed because Ember works best against low-level enemies. Low-level enemies are non-factors because they can easily be killed not matter how you look at it. Only high level enemies, against which Ember does not perform so hot, present a challenge to players.

I challenge DE to answer these questions with a straight face:

1. What is the point of increasing WoF damage over time if the player has no energy and it has no range to damage enemies by the time the damage has been doubled?

2. Has DE successfully survived with Ember in Mot, Void with this nerf in place?

3. Warframe is a fast-paced game, not one in which players kill enemies 1-by-1 using a pistol. What makes you think players won't look for novel ways to continue this tradition that you have relentlessly attempted to squash in recent memory?

1 hour ago, Phyrak said:

@[DE]Connor

With relation to Chroma:

Watching timers isn't invigorating game play... having vex armour be recastable leaves one always watching the timer - see Gara's and Harrow for the same issue. Let alone watching the cinematic over and over of Ash and the changes brought to him.

Considering the nerf Chroma has taken, why not combine his 2 and 3 together and turn it into a passive aura like Equinox 3 where one doesn't have to keep time?

This would then reduce the strain on needing duration mods and give Chroma more freedom in modding.

Effigy could then be moved to 2 and have its drain be reduced to nominal levels.

As a new 4, Chroma could become a dragon which further enhances his 1.

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

1 - DE listen to this man, truth has been spoken

2 - Someone give this man a cookie, well-deserved!

Just now, WolfTitan said:

I'm extremely disappointed that DE is planning to keep their proposed massive nerf to Ember's World on Fire. Reducing its range and increasing its energy drain are extreme nerfs, not reworks. I'm going to reiterate my stance:

23uyic.gif

Why is DE nerfing Ember in the 1st place? According to [DE]Connor: "By simply bullet jumping through levels with World on Fire active, enemies become a non-factor, making Ember a ubiquitous pick across most of the Star Chart." That line of thought is fundamentally flawed because Ember works best against low-level enemies. Low-level enemies are non-factors because they can easily be killed not matter how you look at it. Only high level enemies, against which Ember does not perform so hot, present a challenge to players.

1. What is the point of increasing WoF damage over time if the player has no energy and it has no range to damage enemies by the time the damage has been doubled?

2. Has DE successfully survived with Ember in Mot, Void with this nerf in place?

3. Warframe is a fast-paced game, not one in which players kill enemies 1-by-1 using a pistol. What makes you think players won't look for novel ways to continue this tradition that you have relentlessly attempted to squash in recent memory?

4. Also, can we talk about Octavia? 'Cos damn, son, that's some double standards on your balance passes re: area damage, CC, scaling damage, self buffing, and survivability.

Il y a 4 heures, [DE]Connor a dit :
  • CHROMA
  • Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.
  • Spectral Scream damage now affected by Vex Armor damage buff.
  • Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range).
  • Vex Armor can now be recast to preserve accumulated buffs.

EMBER:

• Fireball can now be held and charged for additional damage. Upon impact, Fireball will leave behind a Napalm-like flame that damages enemies.
  • Fire Blast will now add heat damage to weapons that fire through it.

Ember's change could be interesting depending on the numbers. 

Chroma's on the other hand miss the mark entirely. Again, aura-based Vex Armour and Elemental Ward just do not work since a) 18m is still tiny for a group buff b) any serious Chroma build destroys power range to get more duration and c) Chroma is still getting kicked in the balls by the completely unnecessary EHP nerf. 

On top of that, making Vex Armour recastable does nothing for the EHP problem and also completely strips the ability of its personality, making it just another generic buff skill. 

2 minutes ago, knightlol said:

BANSHEE:

• Although still a singular cast allowing free movement, Resonating Quake will only hit enemies once as it expands outward, dealing a mass of damage at once.

I dont understand the huge second nerf to her? The first instance of your change was already a massive change. But this monumentally nerfs her. Whats going on DE? @[DE]Connor

I wonder if it still staggers enemies each seconds,just without the damage

2 minutes ago, Aegni said:

That is MUCH better for Ember.

I still think perhaps the energy cost could be reduced for her 4 after the changes go through so that its a net increase in damage at the cost of range.

It is not better. It makes charging her 1 do the same thing as her 3, and makes shooting through her 3 do the same thing as her 2 augment. It's no functional changes at all.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Connor:

(NOTE: This post is a follow-up on a prior Dev Workshop. If you missed out last time, be sure to read up on all the changes here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/915093-dev-workshop-warframes-revisited/ )

Hail Tenno!

Thanks to everybody who read our previous thread, tuned in for the stream, and left their comments on our proposed Warframe ability changes. After having the weekend to observe player responses and read feedback, we’ve been trying out a few further changes, and wanted to update you guys on our progress!

First of all, the Warframe changes are also coming with a HUGE rebalancing of guns (as can be seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/916505-dev-workshop-weapons-mastery-ranks-and-stats/ ). We expect an exciting release week as players try out the changes, rework their builds, and rediscover old favorites. To help this along, we’ve got some special rewards lined up:

• Login within 7 days of the update for an inbox message containing 3 x Forma and a 3 Day Affinity booster!
  • Console player will receive the same inbox message, by logging in when they get the build with aforementioned changes.
  • AFTER Friday's Devstream, ALL platforms will get BONUS Gift from the Lotus alerts this weekend with Orokin Reactors!

So without further ado, let's get to it! How have we iterated since last Dev Workshop? Find out in alphabetical order (again)!:

ASH:

• Reduced energy cost of Bladestorm ticks.

ATLAS:

• Petrify is now a single cast instead of a channel ability, instantly Petrifying enemies in front of you regardless of level!
  • Rubble now has a singular decay, instead of each piece of rubble having its own set duration. Picking up more rubble delays the decay for a brief time.
  • We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!

BANSHEE:

CHROMA:

• Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.
  • Spectral Scream damage now affected by Vex Armor damage buff.
  • Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range).
  • Vex Armor can now be recast to preserve accumulated buffs.

EMBER:

• Fireball can now be held and charged for additional damage. Upon impact, Fireball will leave behind a Napalm-like flame that damages enemies.
  • Fire Blast will now add heat damage to weapons that fire through it.

GARA:

• Health gained by Mass Vitrify shown in a UI display.

MAG:

• Increased base energy pool (125 for Mag, 175 for Mag Prime).
  • Crush animations slightly sped up
  • Augment for Polarize reworked - now reads: "Weapons hit by Polarize are jammed for 4 seconds. Robotic enemies hit by Polarize are disabled for 4 seconds."

VOLT:

• No changes at this time.

ZEPHYR:

• Tail Wind now costs half as much energy when cast in the air.
  • Tail Wind does more damage.
  • Changed Dive Bomb augment into a Tail Wind augment - now reads: “Each enemy hit increases Tail Wind damage by 25%. Damage resets upon landing.”
  • Dive Bomb can now fire on slight angles, as long as you’re looking mostly down.
  • (Clarification: holding aim (default RMB) has a greater effect on steering Tornadoes.)

As a bonus, two more general changes you'll be happy to hear:

• Focus Passives now apply immediately upon loading into a mission, rather than requiring the brief Operator transition.
  • When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

Expect these changes to land on PC soon! Thanks everyone!

the lack of changes to chroma's elemental ward and effigy make me feel like y'all are missing the entire point of what's wrong with him. people only use him for vex armor and ice ward already, these changes aren't going to make any difference in that

he already had a powerful ally buff ability in elemental ward, increasing the base range on it and allowing recast to refresh would vastly improve usability

effigy is largely useless right now since its "bonus credits on kill" effect only applies to ITS kills, not kills made around it. reduce the energy cost, allow it to inherit chroma's vex armor buff, and give it an elemental ward to further encourage actual use as a sentry

7 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

What even the point of increasing WoF damage when Ember still has no way of scaling damage to endless armor scaling lol, and not even a single worthy survivability skills.

Adding range to Chroma is an indirect nerf as we have to unoptimize our already nerfed builds for teamplay. I know this is going to sound a little extreme, but at this point I'd have to suggest making the augment for his second ability, Everlasting Ward also affect his Vex Armor in the exact same way. I know it's a little out there to make a Warframe augment affect two abilities like that but it's the only way I can really imagine Chroma even maintaining a usable build and still being a good team buffer like you guys seem to want him to be.

I don't think I like the change to Petrify, I think is would be better as a channeled ability.

For example, previously say my teammate gets knocked down and I need to revive them, but I am surrounded. I can not use the Bulwark to defend me because it is covering the mobile defense console and I can not use my Rumblers to defend me because they are currently elsewhere. I would then use petrify to quickly spin 360 degrees in order to apply the brief stun to all enemies, then make a slower second pass to actually petrify at least the enemies closest to me, allowing for a some what safe revive.

With the change of it being a single cast cone infront of Atlas, I would have to spam it 3-4 times around me in order to petrify enough enemies in order to protect me. The difference between these two approaches to ability use is the new way will consume SIGNIFICANTLY more energy. As well as while I am waiting for the casting animation to end I am still vulnerable to the fire from the remaining enemies behind me and to my sides. A quick spin with the channeled Petrify would stun enemies in a 360 degree radius allowing enough time to petrify all of theses threats on a second pass.

I believe the channeled Petrify would also work better with the new Rubble mechanic in conjunction with Landslide. As you would approach enemies Petrify would turn them to stone allowing for a Landslide follow up. With the single cast Petrify you will spamming the ability more wasting energy and leaving yourself open for attack as you are waiting for the casting animation and then attempting to close the gap. 

Just now, Firetrucksrule said:

Adding range to Chroma is an indirect nerf as we have to unoptimize our already nerfed builds for teamplay. I know this is going to sound a little extreme, but at this point I'd have to suggest making the augment for his second ability, Everlasting Ward also affect his Vex Armor in the exact same way. I know it's a little out there to make a Warframe augment affect two abilities like that but it's the only way I can really imagine Chroma even maintaining a usable build and still being a good team buffer like you guys seem to want him to be.

Vex armor being recastable to refresh its duration means u can try building without narrow minded mod

2 minutes ago, x_sy said:

so both magnetize and polarize augments basically do the same thing.. you guys have obviously ran out of ideas, yeah?

It's funny cause this new Polarize augment works directly against Magnetize, just like the Magnetize disarm augment. You want enemies to shoot at you while in the bubble. It adds to DPS and makes a more damaging explosion.

Archived