Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

2 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

zephyr deluxe skin that you showed late 2017? we still getting that right? my wallet still has some life in it

not anytime soon...

We probably get Octavia deluxe next....

As for DE pls take a look at Ember's fire quake or fireblast mod.

I tried ember on high level mission with out using range mod(testing the halved range), and she didnt last long...

As many people have been saying disable the rework when fire quack aug is equipped but reduce damage by half... (also maybe increase the number of affected by the CC)

27 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

not anytime soon...

We probably get Octavia deluxe next....

As for DE pls take a look at Ember's fire quake or fireblast mod.

I tried ember on high level mission with out using range mod(testing the halved range), and she didnt last long...

As many people have been saying disable the rework when fire quack aug is equipped but reduce damage by half... (also maybe increase the number of affected by the CC)

They aren't listening at this point.

To be fair, I don't think they even took a glance at the thread after posting it up.

4 minutes ago, Fate_Epsylon said:

To be fair, I don't think they even took a glance at the thread after posting it up.

Im not expecting em to change the stuff right away... Also im aiming for the augments than the skill it self as I know it should be already set in stone.

1 hour ago, POIKILO said:

Wait, where did they say that? It's already live?!

its not live RN, but it will be in the afternoon, but im not mad just cuz of they killing ember.
You see, they are killing raids for god knows how many years, and todays devstream is to "discuss" why.

So if they dont even listen to feedback here, i wonder how much better will go on devstream

36 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

its not live RN, but it will be in the afternoon, but im not mad just cuz of they killing ember.
You see, they are killing raids for god knows how many years, and todays devstream is to "discuss" why.

So if they dont even listen to feedback here, i wonder how much better will go on devstream

I'm definitely going to be there. 

Quake + Resonating Quake:

Have Vanilla Quake tweaked. 

Quake should create a wall from the ground around Banshee to protect her from damage, giving strong damage reduction.

Quake's Stagger should make enemies fall inwards towards the center, rather than backwards to where they are facing. 

FX: Have rubble jump up from the ground creating a haze wall around her, becoming the shield that mitigates damage.

Resonating Quake: 

Gives the ability an additional fire mode by holding the 4th ability button, plus the ability to move freely after casting. 

Banshee moves freely after casting. rubble shields follows her inside the area of effect of Resonating Quake, but stays on ground level. Jumping makes her go above the height of the rubble shield and she can take full damage. Clicking the ability power again recenters the Quake area and refreshes duration.

Quake Wave: Holding the 4th ability button charges a one-shot quake radial wave that she can fire anywhere, anytime. This power is released when the button is released. The more the button is held, the more damage it accumulates before releasing.

The hold-charged fire creates a single wave that spreads from the edges inwards, towards the ground point at the target reticule. This will push enemies inwards to the center. This casting causes little damage at  the edges which increases towards the center. 

The vanilla casting of quake accumulates tremor energy which will will further increase the next casting of the hold-button Quake Wave, making it more effective to cast a vanilla power, and use quake wave while it's active.

On 7.02.2018 г. at 5:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

(Clarification: holding aim (default RMB) has a greater effect on steering Tornadoes.)

sigh Can we seriously just not? As a Zephyr sniper, the last thing I want is for my tornadoes to go where I am aiming, instead of defending my rear and sides (and objective..and team). Having them stroll around at random is not a problem at all, being able to aim where they spawn is enough, anything further is just too much if done wrong...and you are doing it wrong!

Please, if you are so set on keeping this, at least rework how it's done first. A simple, RTS style, command where you point at a position and click a button (in this case 4 or whatever button you have your ultimate ability set to) is fine, perfect even. Having the tornadoes move where you don't want them to be, but at same need to be aiming there (or just looking in the direction) is absurd.

1 hour ago, Fate_Epsylon said:

Could you stop trying to get people to cease feedback just because you are upset?

Ember is only one frame, I am not going to disregard the other stuff being listened to for other frames just because of the shortcomings for her. You forget that there are more than just fans of Ember that exist, and they were also being heard. Many of them complained about Ember taking away fun and being lazy play, for instance. With that said, Ember is the most likely to get more tweaks, going forward, given that the prime vault for her is open, so let people give their feedback.

Ember:

Accelerant should be replaced with a reworked version of Overheat.

Overheat 2.0: Instead of simply adding an aura which gives constant Fire damage, the aura will increase the actual incoming Fire Damage. Each piece of damage applied will have its Fire and otehr elemental fire-based portion reapplied, with another chance to proc fire status. Fire and fire-based elemental procs have double duration.

Overheat causes enemies in range to lose accuracy.

All effects affected by power strength and range.

Augment Replacement: 

Overheat Mirage: Overheat Mirage causes Ember to leave behind up to 1/2/3/4 mirage images of herself, one at a time, as she moves. These heat mirages will last a several seconds, but fade a few seconds after some enemy tries to attack them. Ember Mirages lasting time is affected by power duration. 

8 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Could you stop trying to get people to cease feedback just because you are upset?

Ember is only one frame, I am not going to disregard the other stuff being listened to for other frames just because of the shortcomings for her. You forget that there are more than just fans of Ember that exist, and they were also being heard. Many of them complained about Ember taking away fun and being lazy play, for instance. With that said, Ember is the most likely to get more tweaks, going forward, given that the prime vault for her is open.

When exactly did I say (or even imply) that people need to cease giving feedback?

I'm just stating the obvious & I'm still here, aren't I? (If I wanted people to do such a thing, I'd be shutting down (or at least trying to) every post regarding ANY suggestions.)

Notice how I didn't say in that post that "they aren't listening to any Ember suggestions" I literally just said that they aren't listening in general.

8 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Ember:

Overheat 2.0: Instead of simply adding an aura which gives constant Fire damage, the aura will increase the actual incoming Fire Damage. Each piece of damage applied will have its Fire and otehr elemental fire-based portion reapplied, with another chance to proc fire status. Fire and fire-based elemental procs have double duration.

Augment Replacement: 

Overheat Mirage: Overheat Mirage causes Ember to leave behind up to 1/2/3/4 mirage images of herself, one at a time, as she moves. These heat mirages will last a several seconds, but fade a few seconds after some enemy tries to attack them. Ember Mirages lasting time is affected by power duration. 

This is pretty solid.

As for the passive however, I kinda feel like it threads into Mirage's territory. (It does sound pretty cool and would be awesome to try out though.)

Just now, Fate_Epsylon said:

When exactly did I say (or even imply) that people need to cease giving feedback?

I'm just stating the obvious & I'm still here, aren't I? (If I wanted people to do such a thing, I'd be shutting down (or at least trying to) every post regarding ANY suggestions.)

Notice how I didn't say in that post that "they aren't listening to any Ember suggestions" I literally just said that they aren't listening in general.

"I didn't say they aren't listening, I just said they aren't listening." 

-_-

Pal, I have been reading your posts, you are all over this topic. its clear what you are upset about. Why you stay is honestly up for question given what you seem to think

Defeatist trolling that clutters up the topic isn't going to get Ember changed any faster.

9 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

-_-

Pal, I have been reading your posts, you are all over this topic. its clear what you are upset about. Why you stay is honestly up for question given what you seem to think

Defeatist trolling that clutters up the topic isn't going to get Ember changed any faster.

I'm pretty sure the part in blue is bait, so I'll ignore that. (Especially since you said you've read my posts.)

And yes, I did say "They aren't listening."

HOWEVER

What you claim is that I'm telling people to "stop giving suggestions."

"I didn't say they aren't listening, I just said they aren't listening.

AND

"Could you stop trying to get people to cease feedback just because you are upset?"

are two different things. (Yet you're claiming that they are one and the same.)

Don't confuse yourself. (It's clear that it's happening to you.)

If you have to, re-read my posts again. (That would probably be tedious if you ask me since I posted quite a bit.)

That will most likely clear up the confusion you seem to be suffering from.

If it doesn't, oh well. Sorry for your misunderstandings, I can't help you there

8 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

-_-

Neither is naming and shaming people rather than having a civil discussion. Please at least act like a mature adult here.

25 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Ember:

Augment Replacement: 

Not a fan, honestly. Accelerant is too integral to her damage, considering the level off debuff it provides. I'd rather see WoF get turned into heat of it had to be an ability replacement, if anything. Ideally, it would take over her passive.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Neither is naming and shaming people rather than having a civil discussion. Please at least act like a mature adult here.

This.

Thank you, BoomStickman.

I'm not sure what his (or her) true intent was, but it didn't seem to be an attempt to add to the conversation.

Honestly, (to take the words from the horse's mouth) it felt more like

20 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Defeatist trolling that clutters up the topic

On 2/7/2018 at 10:30 AM, [DE]Connor said:

As a bonus, two more general changes you'll be happy to hear:

• Focus Passives now apply immediately upon loading into a mission, rather than requiring the brief Operator transition.
  • When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

Fantastic! These are such great buffs and changes! I really cannot wait for this update!

4 minutes ago, XavierCruz said:

hey ember player, 
you guys know what to do after ember's rework? go prove DE wrong by going to low level to wreck those noob/haters :devil:

That's all I'll be able to do sadly.

If I even think about trying to touch high level, I'll get nuked in between reactivations or when the range drops low enough to be  one shot by far away enemies.

4 minutes ago, Fate_Epsylon said:

That's all I'll be able to do sadly.

If I even think about trying to touch high level, I'll get nuked in between reactivations or when the range drops low enough to be  one shot by far away enemies.

i will speficly go to high lvl missions with ember not using wof cuz it sucks, either people will call me names or they will say to delete ember cuz she is useless.. either way, a forum post about ember being too weak on high lvls will appear ._.

2 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

i will speficly go to high lvl missions with ember not using wof cuz it sucks, either people will call me names or they will say to delete ember cuz she is useless.. either way, a forum post about ember being too weak on high lvls will appear ._.

That is true.

But then again... Those threads already kind of exist and they are basically invisible to DE atm.

Archived