Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

39 минут назад, [DE]Connor сказал:

We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!

Please don't! We need a way to boost resource income so we enjoy time more while doing less boring missions to have resources/mods we need!

I'm still very unhappy of Desecrate loot nerf that happened.

It was working well before rework(yeah, boring to jump aroud pressing same button over and over but it was actually working well) but balancing made it underwhelming becuse often enemy bodies disappear before they can be desecrated and also drop nerf from 100 to 55 makes us get much less from killing same or even double amount of enemies.

47 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

As a bonus, two more general changes you'll be happy to hear:

• When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

This should be a rule for pretty much any warframe ability that is already activated. Really, it is extremely annoying to have all your buffs and other abilities negated because your pinky toe touched a nulifier bubble that was clipping through a wall. If nulifiers at least had a tangible bubble or a limit to their size or spawn rates, that would be fine, but considering that every high lvl corpus mission is a spam of nulifiers inside nulifiers, it ends up making some warframes not even work on corpus missions (limbo, Valkyr, etc) while others suffer a lot (chroma). Instead of simply turning off, they should drain energy or make your abilities weaker (I literally stopped using Valkyr because of them).

(Not to mention the fact that somehow nulifiers cancel all of Nidu's abilities. Since when is that bubble able to dissipate the infestation instantly? Shouldnt the corpus just make a huge nulifier bubble around its ships to end the infestation then lol)

hace 19 minutos, kyori dijo:

1) Possible to chose between reactorS or catalystS? High MR players like me has lots of reactors to last for the next few years already. So we would like to have catalysts instead... since there are tons of weapons rebalancing for us to try out. It make sense now, right?

2) The more it will encourage players to spam her 4 to hit enemies more time to kill fast. So the bright energy color (and perhaps the sound of power 4 too) will cause annoyance to other players, just like previous case of nuke Limbo.

3) Chroma vex armor build has no slot for range mod, please consider having longer base range. As for the accumulated buffs... any cap? Or it can go way beyond 600%+?

Can we have the A.B,C slots for Operator too? Fashion frame you know? It's a hassle to have to change every time to match the frame's color.

Since now Vex Armor is recasteable probably you will not need that much duration as now.

And yes, we need slots A, B, C for operator, for the cosmetics stuff not the face morphs as the devs though in a devstream.

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Let me quote myself from the previous thread...

Oh and by the way, I forgot that most players use ice chroma because of the armor bonus, which means with elemental ward and vex armor you get 350 armor * (13.93 + 1.1 + 5.97) = 7350 armor.

That is a 96% damage resistance.

Explain to me again how is chroma dead ?

And now he can recast vex armor to not lose the buffs, how amazingly balanced...

So basically, if you want to find any use out of him you are going to have only 3 mod slots available? What do you put there? Vitality, steel fiber, flow? Flow, continuity, narrow minded? While you can get a lot of armor, to do so you would have to sacrifice a lot of different mods, you would have to have low duration to be really tanky, but then you'd burn through energy because of blind rage's reduce in efficiency. Overall, this idea you have here, is highly flawed.

awesome changes for chroma!

but... Im still not convinced with the ember changes
the sad fact is that fire damage is still fire damage and it doesnt really do anything against armored targets
also Im very worried that WoF still hasnt gotten range diminish cap... I really dont wanna end up with 7m WoF
if shes going to be a dps frame she needs some tools that help her scale better for endgame (think nidus)

also why didnt you take any of the volt feedback into account?
he still has very small base sprint speed of 1.00 and speed ability still has very low duration

mag,volt and ember survivability issues not addressed

other than that yeah Im excited for upcoming changes!
cant wait 

47 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

As a bonus, two more general changes you'll be happy to hear:

• Focus Passives now apply immediately upon loading into a mission, rather than requiring the brief Operator transition.

Will this apply to Archwing? the extra damage from Madurai would be really useful....

• Petrify is now a single cast instead of a channel ability, instantly Petrifying enemies in front of you regardless of level!
    • Rubble now has a singular decay, instead of each piece of rubble having its own set duration. Picking up more rubble delays the decay for a brief time.
    • We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!

Is anyone else glad for this to come? Since I love Atlas, this seems like good news.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Agentawesome:

But the armor buff from Vex Armor wasn't changed at all?

The wrote in the previous post, that the buffs from Vex Amor will be changed.

" Boosts now apply before upgrades instead of after"

In wiki stands that the Scorn Buff is applied after

43 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

EMBER:

• Fireball can now be held and charged for additional damage. Upon impact, Fireball will leave behind a Napalm-like flame that damages enemies.
  • Fire Blast will now add heat damage to weapons that fire through it.

Any plan to give Fireball scalability similar to Oberon's 1st ability? Charged additional damage for Fireball sounds great but will still become irrelevant at high levels if it does not scale with the mission you are on.

14 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Alright. DE, I would like it if you could try this: Hold Ember (with her rework in place) in your right hand, and Octavia in your left, look at both of these ‘frames, and say ‘Ember’s in a good place right now, I think she’s finally balanced.’

Hard mode: keep a straight face while doing so.

Waste of time, DE has a vision, it is more important than results.

Could Shock perhaps get a tiny look at? As of now it might be the only weak part of Volt’s kit because the stun is extremely short and the damage falls off very quickly, imo it doesn’t justify it’s ‘spammability’.

Perhaps something like an alternate, hold-down mode (a tap would be the same as now) which makes it a continuous cast with damage increase the longer it’s active, with a drain over time. It could synergize well with discharge for big bursts of damage.

———-

Also perhaps the Riot Shield drain should be over time instead of distance based, I accept the extra cost but based on the riot shield’s purpose and synergies (especially speed) it seems counterintuitive to have it be distance based drain.

Ps. Has there been any further talk of allowing chroma to switch elements during a mission?

So how is it going to be for Atlas in the end?

Why do you stating "regardless of level"  if it's how the ability worked all time along?

Are you going to reduce Petrify energy cost, hence it's a third ability that costs 75 energy at base AND you making the Atlas synergize with his other abilities based off Petrify. Can you see where i'm going?

Also, if you actually wanna convert it from a channeled to a normal ability, please make it an upper body animation (forgot the proper term, but basically what you've done to Mag's 1, 2 & 3 - casting without fixating the warframe in one spot).

To back this up - just look at your own example. What i'm seeing is annoyingly long cast and a horrendous delay before the actual petrifying comes in effect, Atlas is getting shot each time throughout this brief demonstration.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ExpGui:

The new augment is genuinely promising to me, but needs something a bit more.

By my understanding, this is supposed to be a Crowd Control option for Mag, correct? I think this is wonderful, however, this augment ignores Infested which Mag literally does nothing to with Polarize.

I say that this augment should go somewhere between 7-12 seconds, perhaps 7 seconds for consistency, and 'scramble' ancient buffs or confused the infested tissue, slowing them down or keeping them in place.

I really like this concept as an augment, and I think this could make Mag shine.

well if the augment scales with duration, its quite good, sinde if you build for a polarize build (which effectively shreds armor) you should have about 150-200% duration. so thats about 7.5m/s*5s*150% -> 56.25m radius jammed weapons or disabled corpus for 6 seconds, which isnt that bad at all.

but true, now that i did math, 7 seconds do sounds fine though ^^

As to infested...mag is useless against infested anyway, right? polarize does nothing, crush isnt that stron against them, and pull is...well its pull. Magnetize is just "single target", so not really that useful against infested either :/

Just now, RahuHordika said:

Could Shock perhaps get a tiny look at? As of now it might be the only weak part of Volt’s kit because the stun is extremely short and the damage falls off very quickly that imo doesn’t justify it’s ‘spammability’.

Perhaps something like an alternate, hold-down mode (a tap would be the same as now) which makes it a continuous cast with damage increase the longer it’s active, with a drain over time. It could synergize well with discharge for big bursts of damage.

———-

Also perhaps the Riot Shield drain should be over time instead of distance based, I accept the extra cost but based on the riot shield’s purpose and synergies (especially speed) it seems counterintuitive to have it be distance based drain.

oh yes something like this would be awesome

Might I suggest an addition to Zephyr? It may require a bit of time to do but should be worth it, especially since Divebomb and Tailwind are combined

Hold the cast button to hover for 2 seconds (if in mid air) and include a target reticule on the ground in the area that Divebomb can be used on, either via a movable reticule like with Nidus or with a circular area highlighted on the ground below Zephyr to show in which area to aim to use Divebomb. If the Aiming reticule is not in the Circle area/Showing the targeting reticule, then Tailwind will be cast instead

This would take out any guess work for using her ability and make her Divebomb a more deliberate attack

Awww, I preferred Polarize's one handed overshields gain better... HOLY MOLLY the augment change sounds broken. O_O

When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

FINALLY, I can use my minions in non Grineer/Infested missions without them being obliterated by their own stupidity (because they just rush the nullifier and pop out of existence).

à l’instant, (PS4)XxIpwneDYoUxX188 a dit :

So basically, if you want to find any use out of him you are going to have only 3 mod slots available? What do you put there? Vitality, steel fiber, flow? Flow, continuity, narrow minded? While you can get a lot of armor, to do so you would have to sacrifice a lot of different mods, you would have to have low duration to be really tanky, but then you'd burn through energy because of blind rage's reduce in efficiency. Overall, this idea you have here, is highly flawed.

I was just using the highest rated build from the warframe builder, and in my opinion steel fiber won't even be needed anymore.

And since he can now recast vex armor, that means he doesn't have to run all duration mods anymore.

I run my chroma with blind rage and power drift only (haven't revised my build in a while, not that chroma needs a good build anyway).

With this 214% power strength i'll have (post fix) a 92% damage reduction.

You don't need THAT much strength in order to reach a high cap of armor.

Archived