Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

While you're at it, can we get more LOADOUT SLOTS? We have a max of 18 atm yet we have around 50 frames and 350  weapons... it would be amazing for people like me who likes to make lots of builds with themes, colors and rainbows o3o

I even made a post about this :3

2 minutes ago, BringMeYourAzz said:

The wrote in the previous post, that the buffs from Vex Amor will be changed.

" Boosts now apply before upgrades instead of after"

In wiki stands that the Scorn Buff is applied after

Thanks, now I know chroma will be outclassed by tanks like inaros who are going to surviving insanely easier than Chroma, looks like I gotta go and get rid of my favorite frame since he will only be a waste of space now.

suggestion to ember fireball: make it so the field from the charged up fireball can give teammates the fireball frenzy buff when you have the augment equipped.

it would make it a bit easier to buff teammates 

frost could use something similar, since it can be pretty hard to hit allies with that buff of his

Seems like mostly decent shifts and the QOL is really nice. 

The Banshee Resonating Quake change still seems I dunno, It's going to need to do a ton of damage to justify only hitting once and all it really seems like it will do is end up making people spam 4. I just don't see how needing to press a button more enhances the gameplay experience, I mean look at Necros and desecrate. In fairness Desecrate doesn't kill things but pressing the button was so tiresome it was eventually changed into a channeling effect. 

Also still not really sold on the Ember changes, largely because World On Fire with Firequake was good because it allowed me to run a mayhem Ember. I didn't expect it to kill higher level enemies, it staggered them. Restricting WoF the way it is being pitched really cuts into it's ability to stagger enemies on a decent scale. 

I will say that the charging but even more so the Napalm effect on her 1 seemed pretty cool ....... but that was a metric ton of energy that it burned through and we didn't get to see how it worked VS enemies.... so I really hope it packs enough of punch to justify being such an energy hog.

46 minutes ago, lookinerator said:

Ember still needs some survivability.

Overheat anyone?

I am right there with you.  It's cool that her fireball is better and leaves napalm, but that does not help a glass cannon who is losing her range CC or having energy drain at Valkyr speeds.  That energy drain needs to be about one half or at least two thirds of what was shown on the dev stream.  Plus there is no survivibility so how could Ember fans be happy with this.  I know I am not.

There's still 2 things slightly hurting zephyr,

That now useless passive and the fact that her tornados can go through walls. Especially with her funnel clouds augment. I would love to use funnel clouds but the fact of how the tornados spread so far away so quickly and disappear through walls is incredibly frustrating

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Omg! All these changes are epic! Ty ty ty ty for the nully/rumblers shadows change! Long time coming!

One thing, quake will only dmg them once but will it still knock them back until duration ends?

Also, like a previous suggestion...why not just give ember Overheat once again?

"All these changes"

*Proceeds to look at Chroma's grave*

Mostly good changes, but still missing the point with Spectral Scream buffs and Ember changes. Charging abilities? Maybe make them start charging on first press, and cast on second press.Holding a button breaks flow, just look at Hydroid. Maybe we can get a real passive for Ember instead of something that only activates situationally, and isn't very useful when it does actually happen? Maybe stackable heat procs, or make them ignore some of an enemy's armor? And more default base armor on her would be nice if you're trying to make her get in peoples' faces.

Also, why not just remove Divebomb altogether and integrate it into Tailwind? It's just the same directional dash, but only in one direction, with a mediocre burst attached.

Wish ember's 1 napalm it leaves would also damage her for her passive. I realize that may be a bit too crazy allowing her more or less free energy and ability strength but her current passive nearly never does anything. Even if her passive was toned down it would help her kit in general quite a bit imo.

Just now, lordpie said:

I love it when frames I like, mag, get buffed.  Now, if they could only buff my favorite frame of all time back to her former glory.  Poor Trinity.

I'd say trinity is in a good spot, with EV giving you tons of energy. If you are talking about blessing, eh, I'd say they could increase the damage resistance a bit, but thats about it

How to make Ember better

- Revert Wof nerfs (Yes, not a  rework, a nerf, people have to notice that)
-Change Wof to Overheat

There. i dont believe at this point de will listen to the community, we had so much backlash on how we disliked Ember's nerfs cuz it removes her from play completely and they didnt address that she is even squishier now and the dmg is meaningless if we get 1 shot after 5 secs of wof activation....

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)XxIpwneDYoUxX188 a dit :

Even the chroma ones?

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)XxIpwneDYoUxX188 a dit :

"All these changes"

*Proceeds to look at Chroma's grave*

Stop complaining about chroma already

Here, again since you didn't read

il y a 9 minutes, Trichouette a dit :

I was just using the highest rated build from the warframe builder, and in my opinion steel fiber won't even be needed anymore.

And since he can now recast vex armor, that means he doesn't have to run all duration mods anymore.

I run my chroma with blind rage and power drift only (haven't revised my build in a while, not that chroma needs a good build anyway).

With this 214% power strength i'll have (post fix) a 92% damage reduction.

You don't need THAT much strength in order to reach a high cap of armor.

Just now, An8rchy said:

How to make Ember better

- Revert Wof nerfs (Yes, not a  rework, a nerf, people have to notice that)
-Change Wof to Overheat

There. i dont believe at this point de will listen to the community, we had so much backlash on how we disliked Ember's nerfs cuz it removes her from play completely and they didnt address that she is even squishier now and the dmg is meaningless if we get 1 shot after 5 secs of wof activation....

-Revert Wof nerfs

-Change fireball to overheat

I like the energy increase on Mag and the augment changes look good too, that said, would it be to much to ask for a stronger vacuum on Magnetize? As it is currently, enemies like Chargers and Ancients can charge past a Magnetized enemy, not always consistently, but enough that casting a Magnetize on an enemy in a hallway isn't a guaranteed lockdown of that hallway. Furthermore, Pull still is counterintuitive when used on a group of enemies in Magnetize. Generally you want to avoid casting pull on a Magnetize bubble full of enemies as all but the original target of Magnetize will be yanked out of the bubble. That said, does using Crush while having a Magnetized enemy in the Crush radius only give the extra 1500 damage to the original target of Crush? Or is that damage spread to all targets inside the Magnetize bubble?

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

Hmm. 18m base range and recastability for vex armor. NOW that sounds like he's actually getting something back in exchange for how much survivability he's losing with the calculation change.

though I'd still rather not be TAKING such a huge hit to EHP.

Calculation changes only affect the damage output, not his armor.

20 minutes ago, BringMeYourAzz said:

The wrote in the previous post, that the buffs from Vex Amor will be changed.

" Boosts now apply before upgrades instead of after"

In wiki stands that the Scorn Buff is applied after

3 minutes ago, Vainglory said:

Calculation changes only affect the damage output, not his armor.

I'd say its probably going to affect it

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Each enemy hit increases Tail Wind damage by 25%. Damage resets upon landing.

Of all the counter-intuitive actions in the world... If you're Tailwind cast takes you low enough to the ground to hit enemies, you will land at the end of the cast, unless you're going down a corridor full of enemies you're getting nothing from the function, it's fluff. Add to this, if you Tailwind directly at an enemy, you stop as if you've hit any other game object or slide off them like geometry... could you tell me if this problem at least been fixed to allow for the new mechanic to actually work?

Why not apply this buff to the charge mechanic instead? Since the current on-ground charge creates a hover, you can then use that time to aim a Dive Bomb, and it can do bonus damage compared to just casting it on its own from in the air.

Things not addressed by the Zephyr changes:

Tailwind's locked animation prevents any kind of action until end of cast; hitting a wall, object, even a door frame instead of going through the door, leaves you grinding your face on the object until all momentum is finished.

Dive Bomb's reliability does not appear to have been addressed for its CC, meaning that any enemy performing animations such as ground-pounds, throwing grenades/halikar's, summoning allies, using a console and so on are just going to ignore it.

Tornado's incredibly slow movement speed and bad enemy tracking has been partially covered by the steering, but is there a way to turn off this or the entire ability? A press 4 again to cancel the ability is greatly desired by a lot of the community, while others like me think that having the funnels wander around to where you're looking is counter-intuitive to the mobility aspect of Zephyr; every time you want to go somewhere away from the place you put Tornado, you drag a funnel with you and away from where it's being effective.

And finally, could you please post a gif of the new 2, so we can evaluate the effectiveness of the cast? Dive Bomb ragdolls, Tornado ragdolls, the Sonicor and Staticor ragdoll (weapons that are even better with Zephyr's Jet Stream anyway), do we need a new ability that only ragdolls?

Archived