The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

A monthly subscription. Paid updates. But they won’t do that. They’ll go with cosmetics because people with your mindset thinks gameplay is limited to what you can physically do in a game.

Explain then how it doesn’t? They could make money a variety of other ways. But cosmetics are a rich industry. Why? Because they affect your gameplay.

The day monthly sub is here is the day this game dies, imagine losing all the f2p players that keep this game alive.

Edited by Zephyr_TheMLGPro

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

A monthly subscription. Paid updates. But they won’t do that. They’ll go with cosmetics because people with your mindset thinks gameplay is limited to what you can physically do in a game.

Explain then how it doesn’t? They could make money a variety of other ways. But cosmetics are a rich industry. Why? Because they affect your gameplay. People buy them to look good. Looking good, feeling good.

Going to have to disagree here, I'd much, much rather have things as they are now cosmetic wise, then to suffer a monthly fee.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Cosmetics do affect gameplay, that is the true fact. The “just cosmetic” argument is false.

You seem to be trolling at this point.  

Gameplay = mechanics of how you play the game or how the game is played in general. 

Cosmetic = visual aesthetic with zero impact on gameplay.

15 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Cosmetics don't affect gameplay at all (the ones that did have been long since discontinued), but they do affect your enjoyment of the game.

Gameplay is synonymous with enjoyment. A video is designed to amuse you. Looking cool makes you feel good. Being physically powerful also makes you feel good. Hand in hand.

I’ll ask this once more, if they took cosmetics out of the game, would you not care? You dtill have your weapons and such, but no customisation whatsoever.

Just now, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

You seem to be trolling at this point.  

Gameplay = mechanics of how you play the game or how the game is played in general. 

Cosmetic = visual aesthetic with zero impact on gameplay.

Gameplay encompasses more than just mechanics my friend. I’ll ask you the same wuestion everyone else has yet to answer, if cosmetics were taken out of the game along with all customisation, would you be having the same gameplay experience you are now?

1 minute ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

So basically its a self confidence thing then? If you look pretty you feel better about yourself and you play better because of it?

Fashionframe is said to be endgame for a reason. And again, gameplay does not encompass only the mechanics of the game.

Answer the question; if customisation was gone, would you say you’d have the exact same overall experience in WF as you do right now?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Gameplay encompasses more than just mechanics my friend. I’ll ask you the same wuestion everyone else has yet to answer, if cosmetics were taken out of the game along with all customisation, would you be having the same gameplay experience you are now?

Oh you mean like every other game in existence that has zero customization.  I'd ask how old you are because you seem to forget that numerous games in the past had zero customization and that was normal. 

So to answer your question, I'd say yes.  If every single frame only had their default look, I'd still play Warframe.  Again, it has absolutely zero impact on the gameplay.

Edited by (PS4)dZy_dEviL

Just now, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

Oh you mean like every other game in existence that has zero customization

Please try and come back with something sensible.

1 minute ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

If every single frame only had their default look, I'd still play Warframe. 

I didn’t ask you if you’d still play it. I asked if you would have the exact same experience as you do now? Stop beating around the bush and answer properly.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I’m not saying its bad. Its a system that directly appeals to the need for customisation in gamers and it’s brilliant. I’m just saying those who say it doesn’t affect gameplay are simply lying. To themselves and to others.

Careful with the assumptions. Customization is a wonderful thing, but as for myself--who comes from a generation of gaming that had no customization at all--it really is just icing on the cake. I greatly enjoy(ed) my games that have no customization at all and that's perfectly fine. I also greatly enjoy my games, like WF, that have all sorts of customization options. This topic of game play is very subjective so broad sweeping statements don't serve the discussion well.

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I’m not saying its bad. Its a system that directly appeals to the need for customisation in gamers and it’s brilliant. I’m just saying those who say it doesn’t affect gameplay are simply lying. To themselves and to others.

It doesn't affect gameplay directly, i have a few friends who don't care how their warframe looks, they just play for builds and high lvl gameplay.

But you need to understand here that if the stuff in market was as good as prime stuff, who would even bother buying the packs. The shiny stuff is how DE makes you spend your money which further helps the game to grow.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

So to answer your question, I'd say yes.  If every single frame only had their default look, I'd still play Warframe.  Again, it has absolutely zero impact on the gameplay.

And this is why we love the game, a lot of people will leave the game a lot quicker, if certain warframes where removed or everything became archwing over only being able to use the default skin, this is the reason we are all saying "it's just cosmetics" and that's because its a genuine fact.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Fashionframe is said to be endgame for a reason

That reason is warframe having no actual end game or any enaging challenge, which leaves many old players with nothing to do but play space barbie dress-up.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

if customisation was gone, would you say you’d have the exact same overall experience in WF as you do right now?

I'd play it regardless, in fact I'll login later and only to change my profile to a default excal with default looking weapons since customization doesn't affect my warframe experience, neither in mechanics nor enjoyment of the game.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

Oh you mean like every other game in existence that has zero customization.  I'd ask how old you are because you seem to forget that numerous games in the past had zero customization and that was normal. 

Honestly, it's like these guys have never even seen a good a game that doesn't let you customise the look of your character, they have to be trolling at this point...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

This right here all day. What got me hooked was the fluidity of the mechanics. Feeling like the jedi, ninja, space wizard I have always wanted to be. Not gonna lie and say that i dont look snazzy ( cuz i do ) but to think the only reason people play warframe is for the goldy bits is just ridiculous. 

Just now, (Xbox One)Spaztic Magic said:

Careful with the assumptions. Customization is a wonderful thing, but as for myself--who comes from a generation of gaming that had no customization at all--it really is just icing on the cake. I greatly enjoy(ed) my games that have no customization at all and that's perfectly fine. I also greatly enjoy my games, like WF, that have all sorts of customization options. This topic of game play is very subjective so broad sweeping statements don't serve the discussion well.

I have no doubt that customisation isn’t a big thing for everyone. I never said it wasn’t.

I’m simply debunking the “fact” that cosmetics have no affect on gameplay whatsoever. Like you said yourself, you may not be big on them, but they affect your overall experience. The icing on the cake as it were.

1 minute ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

It doesn't affect gameplay directly,

Mechanically? No. Does that mean gameplay is solely about the mechanics? No. 

I know people who aren’t big on it either, but even they admit that without them, something would feel missing from the game. To clarify; They wouldn’t stop playing it. They just wouldn’t be having the same experience. So it does affect how you view and feel about a game, the same way tangible mechanics does.

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

The shiny stuff is how DE makes you spend your money which further helps the game to grow.

Why are people acting like I’m asking for freebies? I’d happily pay for the cosmetics. This is the one game I feel comfortable throwing money at. But I would like the choice of being able to choose what exactly I want to buy. I’m not asking for more discounts or for my platform to get special treatment, I’m simply questioning why we do not have more options avaliable as a customer. Apparantly that means I’m entitled and want everything my way.

7 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

change my profile to a default excal with default looking weapons since customization doesn't affect my warframe experience, neither in mechanics nor enjoyment of the game.

Wait, if it doesn’t affect your gameplay, why do you need to change your excalibur? Change it back to default? Does that mean it wasn’t default already?

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

3 minutes ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

This right here all day. What got me hooked was the fluidity of the mechanics. Feeling like the jedi, ninja, space wizard I have always wanted to be. Not gonna lie and say that i dont look snazzy ( cuz i do ) but to think the only reason people play warframe is for the goldy bits is just ridiculous. 

For the record, I've never argued that. Nor do I have a reason to because my views of cosmetics are not universal to others. And even to me cosmetics are by far not the only reason I play Warframe.

@Glavenusaur You could at least try to maintain a semblance of civility.

I recall in one of the streams it was said that they are aware of this issue and they are looking into ways of potentially making vaulted Prime cosmetics available in game (in addition to vaulted frames/weapons) by including them with Baro's possible inventory.  

Though I agree it would be best to have prime cosmetic packs sold separately.  It would make them the most money, as the number of people willing to pay for the cosmetics would be much higher than the relatively few people willing to pay for the whole vaulted packs just to get the cosmetics.  

If I recall correctly, Steve said their monetization considerations try to avoid the "ick factor," and making people pay for things they already farmed in order to get the special cosmetics doesn't really pass the smell test.  

Meanwhile DE's reasoning may be (and this is speculative on my part) that the cosmetics/accessories are intended as a bonus for people that buy the Prime Access Packs to incentivize the purchase.  It would be a little reward for people that gave them money over the people that farmed the parts, and a way for those spending money to distinguish themselves.  In this way, it would be effectively like the practice of offering custom skins for a pre-order or Collectors edition. 

If that were the case it may upset the players that bought the Prime Packs to find that they are no longer differentiated.  It would be kind of like players who pre-ordered Diablo 3 and attended blizzcon to get the custom wings and pets and whatever discovering that all players suddenly have these once exclusive items.  The last players DE would want to risk insulting would be those who give them money. 

But where it gets murky is making these packs available for sale again.  That's where it starts to veer dangerously close to the debacle with The Taken King Collectors Edition where Bungie expected players to effectively re-purchase the original game and DLC along with the expansion just for some emotes and cosmetics.  It's a great deal for new players, but those who already own the included items will naturally feel cheated.  

And what about the players who have the vaulted Primes/weapons but buy the vaulted prime packs just for the cosmetics, would they be entitled to a partial refund?  Maybe gifted some extra plat instead? 

Though I think selling the cosmetics separately would still be ideal because the players that purchased the Prime Packs originally would know that other people sporting those cosmetics also gave DE money.  Meanwhile the prime packs include discounted platinum so it's still not like they wasted money. 

The main point here is that it's not entirely black and white, it's not just about greed.  As is so often true, things may be more complicated and nuanced than they appear at surface level and DE is surely weighing a number of considerations. 

And really, they are still miles ahead of Bungie, even with this particular practice.  For example, DE pays attention to the community, they are transparent about what they're planning (not just dumping nerfs on us but showcasing changes and watching the response), and they are nowhere near the callow arrogance of Bungie. 

If you pay money for affinity boosters only to find out that affinity boosters don't actually do anything (by a designed XP throttling system) and you effectively threw that money away, only then can you compare DE to Bungie.  :P 

Just now, Artorius-Alter said:

For the record, I've never argued that. Nor do I have a reason to because my views of cosmetics are not universal to others. And even to me cosmetics are by far not the only reason I play Warframe.

@Glavenusaur You could at least try to maintain a semblance of civility.

I'm sorry? how exactly am i being uncivil when your guys are literally whining to buy cosmetics cheaply on a game where you can get almost everything for free, even the game itself?