The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

I think cosmetics should be sold separately and I see no reason why they ar not, but comparing DE to Bungie? Come on.

On the other hand, it would be nice to hear a reason why accessories are not sold separately.

Because screwing the customer that way.. and yes I know it's a rather blunt way of putting it, works. It's like that Quite Shallow video linked above. Just like any anti-consumer practise in the Tripe A industry, they do it because it works. Because they get away with it and even have a herd of sheep ready to defend it for them.

4 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Sounds like one of those typical Bungie responses after a Destiny 2 controversy to me. Actions speak louder then words. This same matter has come up after pretty much -every- unvaulting, every single time the feedback is the same: Give us an accessory pack. And every time nothing is done with it.

Clearly you haven't paid much attention to the differences between Bungie and DE.

As for the rest of the complaints, you guys realize PV packs are basically the PA packs at ~ 1/3 the cost? AND on top of that, the full PV packs are CHEAPER than the initial accessories pack. AND You get plat (granted consoles get more plat with a Prime Accessories pack, but PC gets none whatsoever). So yeah, you guys are kind being entitled rn.

Just now, Artorius-Alter said:

Sounds like one of those typical Bungie responses after a Destiny 2 controversy to me. Actions speak louder then words. This same matter has come up after pretty much -every- unvaulting, every single time the feedback is the same: Give us an accessory pack. And every time nothing is done with it.

Except it was discussed publicly that those pieces and parts will make it to Baro and they were working out other details.  

Bottom line is DE owes you nothing.  you are entitled to nothing.  if they decide to offer the cosmetics as packs or as Baro items or as event awards or added to the daily login or whatever, it will end up being.  They can decide to never release anything that was vaulted as well.  it is entirely up to them. 

It still doesnt change the fact that being constructive will always be more successful than not.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I used Deluxe skins as an example because players also whine about how they bought the skin and now don't want to have to buy the bundle for just 1 cosmetic.

That is a poor example. Prime Access/Unvaults and Deluxe skins are two different kettle of fish. The most obvious difference being one pack is avaliable forever at all times, the other is not.

Your logic has already been called out for making zero sense.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

I'm of the mindset that the Unvaulting is already a great value for players. The biggest problem is that players think they deserve options even though they don't know what they want. The only thing people talk about is having options, but if you ask them, they have no idea what the F*** the options should be or how much they would be willing to spend. Just screaming "we want options and we want it NAOOO" isn't going to do you any good. It'll just be interpreted as "we're fine with a $38 pack for the accessories alone, as long as we ONLY get the accessories. We'll pay however much you want for the Misa Prime, so long as we have OPTIONSSS."

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

And somehow that means people should excuse it? No. A good deceloper would rework the system so that at the very least becomes less predatory. But no. Old “player-first” Bungie died a while ago.

And does that at the same time mean you should compare it to the eververse? Like come on. this deal is s*** when you own the parts, that it does.

But bungies eververse? come on. The levels don't match. far from it.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

That is a poor example. Prime Access/Unvaults and Deluxe skins are teo different kettle of fish. The most obvious difference being one pack is avaliable forever at all times, the other is not.

In what manner? Of course Deluxe Skins are free if you trade for platinum, and PA/VA costs money. I used it as example of this whiny mentality. Your entire thread is the exact same whining and moaning people do for Deluxe Skins, only this is about real money items. If you are trying to compare a Deluxe Bundle to a Vault Access, then you clearly did not read my argument between the lines.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, Xantheis said:

Except it was discussed publicly that those pieces and parts will make it to Baro and they were working out other details. 

When was this said?

2 minutes ago, Xantheis said:

Bottom line is DE owes you nothing.  you are entitled to nothing.  if they decide to offer the cosmetics as packs or as Baro items or as event awards or added to the daily login or whatever, it will end up being.  They can decide to never release anything that was vaulted as well.  it is entirely up to them. 

Looks like a post I saw on the BF2 subreddit defending EA.

Yea sorry. I didn’t buy the previous packs. I’m still not buying this one. So take that “inevitably you’ll cave” attitude back thanks.

It's the Cephalon's attitude, not mine. What I'm on about is the point she makes -- DE continues to not release Vault Accesory Packs because it's actually working for them not to. Not having purely-cosmetic packs is working well enough for them that they see no reason to change what they're doing. Numbers don't lie, and their numbers are evidently telling them that this issue isn't as important as you think it is. The reason we don't have Vault Accessory packs is because enough people cave to buying the full pack to get the cosmetics. We vote with our wallets here, and time and again the votes have been cast. Start a movement, pay up, or deal with it.

13 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Meanwhile each total pack is already cheaper then the accessory packs...

So you're looking to buy an oven, but they won't sell the oven without a frigde, which you already have and don't even have space in your kitchen to place another (this is a reference to getting doubles on items you can't give another different use when you already own them), but you'd spend more money than you have to, just because both together are overall cheaper than buying BOTH separatedly, so you're throwing money away for nothing, just becuase you're driven by a "discount price tag".

26 minutes ago, shoopypit said:

Had to watch half the video to get his point. It's an annoying video to watch.

Just so others don't have to watch this atrocity here is an explanation.

The uploader is whining because with unvaulting you don't get the option of purchasing the cosmetics separately. So if you already own the frame and weapons but need the cosmetics, you have to purchase the whole thing. He also conveniently leaves out the fact that it's far cheaper than prime access, and still gives you the slots you need for the frame and weapons, while also includes platinum, which accessory packs do not include. So it's actually a very fair deal. 

Actually he did mention prices, even shows images of said prices. You did admit your mistake up front: you didn't watch the whole thing. Well, instead of bashing Jim,  maybe put more constructive insight, and actually watch the full video, you'd be taken seriously. 

Edited by FashionFrame

1 minute ago, Xantheis said:

It still doesnt change the fact that being constructive will always be more successful than not.

How is ''We would like an accessory pack option for PV'', the same feedback DE gets with every unvaulting, not constructive? It's quite literally players telling DE they'd like an alternative product to what's already on offer. When that is constantly ignored, how long will those same people remain constructive..?

I don't even get why some of you are all like ''It's your own fault, buy it or F*** off'', when did it become bad to have options..? Those same options are there with PA.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

As has yours. But then, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

No it hasn’t. 

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Your entire thread is the exact same whining and moaning people do for Deluxe Skins, only this is about real money items.

And therein lies the biggest difference.

as someone who caved and bought frosts just for misa prime when it was first unvaulted i agree we need an unvault accessories pack. a good solution would be give us instead of prime weapons and warframe, give us credit/ affinity boosters like the normal prime accessories have. it  can be the same price as the normal unvault but you get something you can use instead of free slots that cost barely any plat to buy and gives you a second option as well.

So, we should just give out Misa Prime for 10-20 USD because players aren't willing to spend on an already discounted Prime Package?

Yes, that's exactly what they should do. Just cause you paid for it way back when and it was part of a bundle doesn't mean everyone else should today. That's like saying I have to pay full price for a 2002 car in 2018 just cause you paid full for it back in 2002. Doesn't work that way.

As you said, people will pay 10-20 bucks for a Misa Prime. So then, what's the excuse. No one is asking for Misa Prime for free. They're willing to pay for it. Real money. That DE will receive. Passing on that is just stupid.

I think it is cute you are using Bungie and EA in reference to a thread on the Official Warframe Forums about one of, if not, the best Free to Play games on the market that already gives amazing deals on items.

A cosmetic pack would be nice for players who would rather save some cash and farm the weapons and frames or for those that already own said items. As someone who's bought prime access (Nami Skyla and Ballistica), I don't get why DE would gate the cosmetics behind a warframe purchase. Prime access has cosmetic only options, so why not prime unvaultings? If enough people raise legitimate concerns, I'm confident that DE will add a cosmetics only option to future prime unvaults.

6 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

As for the rest of the complaints, you guys realize PV packs are basically the PA packs at ~ 1/3 the cost? AND on top of that, the full PV packs are CHEAPER than the initial accessories pack. AND You get plat (granted consoles get more plat with a Prime Accessories pack, but PC gets none whatsoever). So yeah, you guys are kind being entitled rn.

And you realize it costs more on PA because they're brand new items that you have to pay extra more to have instant access without having to farm when they get released?

2 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

So you're looking to buy an oven, but they won't sell the oven without a frigde, which you already have and don't even have space in your kitchen to place another (this is a reference to getting doubles on items you can't give another different use when you already own them), but you'd spend more money than you have to, just because both together are overall cheaper than buying BOTH separatedly, so you're throwing money away for nothing, just becuase you're driven by a "discount price tag".

I think the missed the point... PV packs come with all the accessories of a PA accessories pack at a lower cost, with all the prime gear from the PA, and plat. Worst case scenario, the extra frames/weapons/sentinels are free slots, and you still come out on top than if you had bought PA accessories originally.

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

When was this said?

It was discussed in a dev stream and i believe in prime time as well.  i dont have a specific video timestamp, post, etc at time moment. 

False equivalency aside (and yes, comparing DE to EA  and even comparing my comment is absolutely a false equivalency), I agree that the cosmetics should be made available by other means.  They have said that changes will be coming,  They have talked briefly about part of what they are looking at and have said nothing else.  I believe they are listening, you believe they are as bad as EA and Bungie.  We can agree to disagree. 

I think it is cute you are using Bungie and EA in reference to a thread on the Official Warframe Forums about one of, if not, the best Free to Play games on the market that already gives amazing deals on items.

I’ll call out the same mentality when I see it. Defenders Bringing up all the good a company has done as if somehow that excuses the crappy attitude they currently have.

If the world actually worked that way then EA wouldn’t have crashed so hard.

1 minute ago, Kiwinille said:

And you realize it costs more on PA because they're brand new items that you have to pay extra more to have instant access without having to farm when they get released?

Did you conveniently ignore the part about it being cheaper than the accessories were alone (which you couldn't farm) and that it includes essentially the entire PA? Or did you just not read that far?