The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

2 hours ago, (PS4)U_Suk_at_Lyfe said:

Their decision is probably 90% based on the fact they have ACTIVISION breathing down their necks.

Nope. Activision made back the money they spent on Destiny with the first game. 500 mill in the first week of release. They got the major bulk of profit they wanted long ago. While you can blame them for cutting up the game and selling it for DLC, there is no denying that Bungie is the root of all of that games problems.

Don’t be in denial.

People like you don't buy the accessory

Who said I don’t buy accessories? I do. I occasionally missed out on a very select few.

Obviously, zero

Yes because you know exactly who I am, what my name is, job, home life and overall spending habits are, don’t you. Shall I give you a shovel so you can dig yourself into a hole faster?

There is NO comparison, please stop.

And here I thought you had something smart to say, just because Warframe is free, doesn’t exempt it from criticism. Thats something you need to learn. Point at any AAA game you want, it isn’t going to change the fact that any developer can be critcised and have their business practices compared, especially if said business are similar in nature to each other.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

To all the people saying that since this game is free, there is no comparison; just because this game doesn’t charge an entrance fee that does not exempt it or its developers from critcism.

Like a lot of people have said, you would not pay for something you already own in order to get that little thing that comes with it. If you own an iPhone and you want to get a pair of Air Pods, you’re not going to buy another phone in order to get a pair. If you want to buy a new microwave, you’re not going to purchase a whole new kitchen in order to get it. Same principle everywhere, video games included.

3 minutes ago, VirtualViolet said:

You're not ignored. They answer "no" every time.

And we’ll keep pressing until they say yes. Developers who don’t listen to customers don’t do so well. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

5 years of pretty much the same business model and the game is still flourishing. Yup, they're definitely not doing so well.

You get cocky now, but if DE continue with the attitude of not listening, it’ll eventually spread to other things. More focus on finances and not on players is the way to fail.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

And we’ll keep pressing until they say yes. Developers who don’t listen to customers don’t do so well. 

Except that in DE's case, their customers seems to want wildly different things. Some wants ember nerfed, others don't. Some wants more plains content, others hate it. Some wants the old void system back, others don't. The developers ARE listening to their customers, they just can't possibly listen to all of them. No matter what they do or choose, some customers will be unhappy.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

You get cocky now, but if DE continue with the attitude of not listening, it’ll eventually spread to other things. More focus on finances and not on players is the way to fail.

You do realize it is the attitude of listening to the community that even got them to this point, right?
Warframe wouldn't even exist today if we weren't there giving feedback, to which they wholeheartedly listened.

And they have given answers to this unvaulting problem before, it was a resounding no. Not saying it can't change in the future, but for now. That's the way it's going to be.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

How is it cocky to state facts? You're welcome to speculate all you like, but their current business model has worked for them to date. There is absolutely no reason for them to change it.

4 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Some wants ember nerfed,

Irrelevant. Gameplay changes and the price of microtransactions are two very sifferent things.

Please tell me a good reason that DE don’t just simply split these packs into two but still keep a decent price of $30 a piece? And who in the community would seriously stand against it the same way some do against an Ember nerf?

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Irrelevant. Gameplay changes and the price of microtransactions are two very sifferent things.

Please tell me a good reason that DE don’t just simply split these packs into two but still keep a decent price of $30 a piece?

Because the majority of their customers are happy with it in its current state and keeps buying it? I assure you, if no one bought the Prime Vaults, DE would change their business model overnight. How well they sell is all they have to go buy. And considering they haven't changed the model, it's safe to assume that it's selling well. Hence, people are happy with it.

Just because they are doing well now, doesn’t mean they’ll do well in the future. So by saying “oh well look at good they’ve done for five years” is both naive and cocky.

No. It's cocky and naive to speculate about the future when the past has indicated that your Chicken Little future isn't likely to happen.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

It's cocky and naive to speculate about the future when the past has indicated that your Chicken Little future isn't likely to happen.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? A good track record doesn’t always mean it’ll stay that way. Do you know hiw many game companies/publishers have crappy reputations now but were widely respected/loved in the past. One of the many elephants in the room here would be Bungie.

9 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Because the majority of their customers are happy with it in its current state and keeps buying it?

You mean, new players? Thats another point. They could make double money if they split them apart. New players would buy both packs while veterans have the choice of just the cosmetic pack. Seriously what is the harm?

People here are ironically arguing against DE earning a bigger profit even though they apparantly claim to support them :crylaugh:

12 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

How is it cocky to state facts? You're welcome to speculate all you like, but their current business model has worked for them to date. There is absolutely no reason for them to change it.

I didn't know that it was our jobs as players to make sure companies can stick to what works for them. I want DE to change how Prime Vault works because it doesn't work for me.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? A good track record doesn’t always mean it’ll stay that way. Do you know hiw many game companies/publishers have crappy reputations now but were widely respected/loved in the past. One of the many elephants in the room here would be Bungie.

Again with Bungie. Y'all need to get some fresh new material. There is a significant difference between DE and Bungie. DE has proven repeatedly that, when necessary, it listens to the community. 

And what is more ridiculous than speculating about the future? Once again, the current business model has worked well for DE's free-to-play model. It has worked for the past 5 years. Prime Vault has been around for several years. Every time it comes around, these same arguments are made, and yet nothing has changed. CLEARLY, there isn't an issue as far as DE's finances are concerned. Should there be any evidence that it no longer works, they will undoubtedly adapt. The fact that they haven't yet should be evidence enough that what they are doing now still works for them, and provides ample revenue for their business.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

You mean, new players? Thats another point. They could make double money if they split them apart. New players would buy both packs while veterans have the choice of just the cosmetic pack. Seriously what is the harm?

No. I'm not a new player. I had all 3 prime frames, but I bought all 3 prime vaults. Why not? It's a good deal for the platinum (not that I was running low on plat, but still a good deal).

I don't see any harm in splitting them apart, but it's obviously not going to happen. If DE wanted that, or thought it would be good for their business, they would have done it by now.

3 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

DE not selling them separately has nothing to do with Bungie, and they already ARE a good deal. You are already getting bundles and discounts and people still complain because part of the bundle is already something they own. Stop with entitlement and buy it like everyone else or skip out; they are only pixels on a screen. DE does not need to cater to people who only need 1/4th of a bundle. The same thing goes for market bundles for Deluxe Skins.

Exactly this.

DE should strive to have more product options and diversity. Unbundling those PA packs and creating an accessory-only pack would probably generate higher sales volume vs any of the entire PA packs. By giving consumers more options, they are creating more revenue channels which increase revenue chances. Creating smaller accessory packs is a smart business decision.

I, for one, will not buy any of the PV packs. But I would most likely buy a smaller accessory pack if reasonably priced. Bundle the syandanas, sugatras, sentinel accessories, glyphs and extractor (no plat) for around $14.99 and most likely revenue would be higher due to increased sales volume from those than from the current PV packs...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Errrh, Destiny 2 was pretty much one the best selling games of 2017 and Activision's second best selling games last year (surpassed only by CoD). Also look at EA: no one is more hated than them, yet their games, from Fifa to Battlefront 2, keeps making them billions of dollars. Having a bad reputation is not bad for business.