Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

MR25 2,205 hours in-game. I have never completed a trail and have/had no intention too. Always seemed so much of a hassle to get a group together for it. Was only ever really interested in Arcane Energize as a reward which is/was very rare. Also don't like puzzles, I play Warframe for the power fantasy not its puzzles.

1 minute ago, [DE]Megan said:

Devstream #106 this Friday will have a raw view on our decision to temporally remove Trails. 

We (as humans and also players of Warframe) feel bad about having Trials out there unsupported, but we can feel your emotions on the decision to temporarily remove them as well.

It's understandable you guys want to phase them out to be replaced with new content later - but as seen in this thread, there are enough people who enjoy them. People should be able to enjoy them, at the very least until we have new content for them.  A fair solution/compromise would be to still distribute the Arcanes to the Teralyst-fights, but to keep the raids as they are, for time being. Work on the new content,  but don't remove the Raids - there's just no need to do this; and at the very least, people would have a choice on how to obtain the Arcanes.

I'll be realistic here - I'm not a big raid person, but the reality is that this is a massive slap in the face to veteran players. You're shooting yourself in the foot here. Please, PLEASE reconsider pulling them from the game - even if you simply replace the rewards and shuffle it off to the side somewhere that the players can still do it.

56 minutes ago, LtLeechKril said:

There are players like myself who have invested thousands of plat into arcanes, and hold even more in net worth of arcane sets. Screwing with the arcane drops in such a massive way, even if the raids were to stay, would be a spit in the face to all of us who enjoy the raids. So what if it doesn't fit the game of grind aspect? This is exactly why so many people ENJOY it. It's unique content in a game where you mindlessly do the same thing over and over. They could have chosen to do NOTHING with the raids, and face no backlash. 

So, you mean to say that the raids are less of a concern for you, rather that you enjoy the the raids more for what rewards they offer, rather than the actual content.

The Player Limit, Multi-Player/Step Stages (requires more than one player to do x), Enemy Level, and Rewards are the only differences from the Teralyst.

And what is this? Unique in that they are not a grind? They are a grind, with additional steps. Most notably that of communication. They are a long grind if you're not prepared. And require a good clan to even get a group together.

You'll probably say: Well then they should fix that instead. To which you would have a point, were DE's focus not on other things.

If players mostly played this content more because of how it's different from the base game, and not for the rewards. I could see leaving it in with their shift in focus.

But removing them will allow DE to get some of those raid players into Eidolon Hunting. Who will in turn hopefully provide good feedback on how to make this 'mini-raid' more interactive and enjoyable. Perhaps even to a level of complexity for some of the Eidolons that it could be comparable with a full on raid itself.

There is a place for raids of the length of LoR and JV, but for now it's best to consolidate and try to focus and improve the product at hand. The one that has the largest player-base.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Devstream #106 this Friday will have a raw view on our decision to temporally remove Trials. 

We (as humans and also players of Warframe) feel bad about having Trials out there unsupported, but we can feel your emotions on the decision to temporarily remove them as well.

If emotions were shared, they would not be removed. If you need to remove trials just to make Eidolons feel rewarding, that is seriously disheartening. Make Eidolons worth a veterans' time without killing another chunk of this game. The Void was already killed with Specters of the Rail, and now Trials are being killed for Plains of Eidolon.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Devstream #106 this Friday will have a raw view on our decision to temporally remove Trails. 

How about acting on those feelings.
In a positive "dont slap the community" way

Just now, Chaos.Blades said:

MR25 2,205 hours in-game. I have never completed a trail and have/had no intention too. Always seemed so much of a hassle to get a group together for it. Was only ever really interested in Arcane Energize as a reward which is/was very rare. Also don't like puzzled, I play Warframe for the power fantasy not its puzzles.

Good job? You do you man. Stating that you never did raids for whatever reason contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion about raids.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Devstream #106 this Friday will have a raw view on our decision to temporally remove Trials. 

I have a suggestion, and, I know I’m not a game developer and have no experience in the field, but... what if you left raids completely as they are, and added Arcanes to Eidolons?

Yes, it’s still a bit of a kick in the teeth to dedicated raid players, but at the same time, you get to implement your more “new player friendly” scheme, and they get to continue doing what they love. Not only does it keep everyone (mostly) happy, but it allows players the choice of how they want to go after arcanes, and allows the raid community to continue what they’re doing best.

EDIT: Or maybe find another reward to put on Eidolons or something. Just, don’t ruin raids for the people that dedicate themselves to them.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Why even bother removing them AT ALL. They are already in the game as is.

Just leave them there, in the corner, where the players that want to play the raids can keep playing the raids,
while the devteam works on the new and improved versions.

How hard is that?

I don't think removing them as mission is necessary. I'd like to see the arcanes moved to the terralyst, the keys removed and a marker put on them that denotes their status as legacy/in development content. I honestly really enjoy trial missions and if they where to get completely removed that would make me quite sad.

Why even bother removing them AT ALL. They are already in the game as is.

Just leave them there, in the corner, where the players that want to play the raids can keep playing the raids,
while the devteam works on the new and improved versions.

How hard is that?

These are the emotions that are flowing as a result of this decision:

bHncURh.png

Raid chat

Understand that many of us play with groups of raiders on a daily basis and that the removal of raids will cause entire groups to quit the game.

I'm not a raid veteran, having only done LOR and LOR NM 10 or 20 times, but removing these seems like one of the worst ideas you could do. These were fun to do as a change of pace. Them being gone and having their rewards placed elsewhere doesn't make it ok to remove them. These are one of the few things clans are actually good for. Once these are gone, just know you kinda ruined a good bit of your own player base by removing what they find fun.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You may need to mute the chat for this one, Megan.

I hate raids. They're boring, repetitive content with ridiculous odds of getting something you want, and you need to beat the RNG multiple times to get anything decent out of it.

Sorties are just as bad. Not sure if arcanes dropping from eidolons are any better though. I'm getting tired of metas being forced on anything of value.

It will be pointless to login again after those changes, this is the only content that we have in game that is somewhat fun and not a complete chore; After those changes, a good chunk of the older player base will leave due to lack of interest, since it's the only thing some of us even consider logging in for and playing Warframe.

DE, your loyal players are the reason you’re one of the best 10 games on Steam. Warframe players braged about how the developers were always taking feedback and doing what pleases the players to make them love the game even more. 

But if you really decide to remove Raids completely, then it’s really a big step behind and I can assure you it’ll cost you A LOT. So please, reconsider this as you can see 95% of the community disagreeing with you on removing the Raids.

Just don’t do it, guys. Don’t remove the Raids. 

Archived