Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, .Zel said:

Everyone salty about Raids getting the Axe but Conclave still living, Realize that DE isn't doing this because the amount of player in Raids is low. DE is doing this cause Raids need a lot of fixing and they break often which sometimes even forces you to restart the whole run.

If just the Jordas Verdict was removed, we would all understand. The Law of Retribution has very few bugs left. I think the reason they are being removed is because DE couldn't think of rewards to make players actually touch more Eidolons, so they killed Trials to make Eidolons look remotely worth people's time.

hmm ok, this decision is quite...sudden for me. Just wanna share some words as a normal member of RSB.

As a noob who has not done much raid, I glad DE decided to rework on trial, but "temporarily close" the trial, sounds untrustable for me, especially you listed it with the dark sector(which has been temporarily closed for years). And I does not get it why not leave the trial alone when your guys are working on it, just feels unnecessary for me.

I feel sad for RSB, ppl in RSB try their best to teach peoples raiding, like welcome everyone to the server, make tons of resources about raid, and every day there will be at least one bus driver that start a bus to teach ppl raiding. Sometimes I assist the bus driver for raid teaching (as a slave+). This system works well, and I do proud of what we did to teaching ppl raiding.:sadcry:

5 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

Wrong again, im the majority, thats why DE can safely remove them, they have the statistics to prove its a very small group that play them or they wouldnt be removing them as it is :) Im the minority only in 1 way, im not upset raids are going in THIS post :)

I require a quick sanity test from you :

a) If you don't do content due to any reason, does this mean no one else should? Be it PvP, PoE, Fissures, Trials or anything?
b) If you make a statement, can you back it up with source?
c) If you don't care and can't provide sauce, is the only reason for posting personal satisfaction?

It baffles me that DE is killing off the Trials which has a small community around it that actively runs it daily, helps teach new players to do it successfully, and generally just have fun with it. And yet they keep a pvp mode around that is so dead its just waiting for the dirt to be tossed over it, Lunaro on PC is so dead you can sit in a "match" for well over an hour just waiting on enough players to join just so you can start it. Basic Conclave isn't faring much better yes players still do it but mostly around reset time so they can cheese the conclave dailies. Why not just ask the pvp team if they can work on new Trials and bug fixes and update the trial rewards on the side? 

Make them stable, add more, keep the rewards worth doing high level content. I'd be interested to see how much platinum is exchanged due to arcanes being traded (because I'd like to think its at least a decent plat sales driver).

EDIT: Make LoR the Mars Free Roam Activity like Eidolon is to Earth, Jordas would be a smidge harder to adapt to free roam but hey you guys are the ones that want to change it ;)

Please don't remove raids. They are part of our daily lives. Part of the economy. Part of the fun of being a vet and a new player in warframe. The provide an in depth experience and more ways to teach new players to become proficient. Raids keep a large part of the playerbase together and we all don't want to lose something that brings us all together. I understand why taking the arcanes to a new boss drop would be a good idea. But if your going to do that you dont have to remove raids. Keep them as an alternate source and so that everyone is happy. 

7 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I don't enjoy conclave, and many players don't, but should we outright remove content and give the finger to those who actually enjoy it? Of course not. If you seriously think the only reason people are mad is because of greed with Arcanes, then you seriously need a fact check. Here, I will provide:

Trials have created communities, charity streams, and many more positive results than your negative ideals over the market. Please actually do research instead of indirectly calling everyone greedy because DE is pulling a Specters of the Rail 2.0 with some Veterans.

I all but solely played conclave for the better part of a year after conclave 2.0.  I'd be fine with them abandoning it.  If they can't afford to take the risk on developing it properly and putting some real resources into it, they should just let it die.  Even the small conclave community has all but abandoned it anyways.  Trials aren't all that much of a different case.  Not enough of the community supports it to justify DE continuing to put resources into them.

4 minutes ago, Aggh said:

I all but solely played conclave for the better part of a year after conclave 2.0.  I'd be fine with them abandoning it.  If they can't afford to take the risk on developing it properly and putting some real resources into it, they should just let it die.  Even the small conclave community has all but abandoned it anyways.  Trials aren't all that much of a different case.

Abandoning it and leaving it in the game is something that raiders and conclavers alike would understand. Removing content is down right disgusting and spitting in the faces of plenty of people who help keep the lights on and food on the table. Is it a big portion of the players? Of course not, but DE should be valuing players equally, and this is not the case here. 

i don't need to copy paste all the complains here
there is just one question i want answered:

Why take content away to rework it some day instead of reworking it and then replacing the existing?
or to be more precise: Why do we or DE need a gap with missing content?

I love plains of eidolon, let's remove every mission in the game and put their rewards in the plains so we can play max range nova every game. Killing enemies isn't even fun, warframe was made to fish and mine and i can even use this fish oil to presumably power, my level 25 odanata. I can even do more incredibly interesting defence missions bounties for 5 nistlepods and if i'm lucky, a host migration.Finally, once the sun goes down and i'm making my way to the final bounty i can take sweet comfort in the bounty failed text in the middle of my screen.@-CCC-KuvavaFoong

So 2 major differences. 

New players will likely not have the gear at all to help, the limit becomes 4 players per squad instead of 8 aldo communication while optimal will likely be less required.

While I do appreciate the innitiative to work on raids after reading the first 3 paragraphs a question quickly arose.

Why is temporarily removing raids required to do this? Can't it just be worked on in the office while we're still stuck with the version barely anybody plays?

Can't we just have a post saying "we're looking into changing raids"? 

Or does this have to do with the possibility that the rewards to fight the new eidolons may be lackluster without adding arcanes to them?

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Anyone who has completed a Trial (be that once or many times).

So wait...  Now that I read the article here... You're trying to bribe players with fashionframe badge as some sort of candy to a pre-teen? 

Do you honestly think we're 7 year olds? 

As a 54 year old, I find that rather demeaning and while I'm not one to pursue legal avenues, I'm finding myself hard pressed that a badge is being offered for something that's going to suffer the same "temporary rest" that Dark Sector and Solar Rail Defense went through...  Several years ago...  

And this is in lieu of Open Roam that is suffering from too many bugs and way too much glitchy attention?  

Take a moment to consider this... 

You have at least three major clans coming up and saying they're not happy about this "temporarily put on hold" and two of them have been rather eloquent in their anger.  While I have never personally played either trial (and one of them is currently a quest in my inbox), I will adamantly stand by their passions as though they were my own. 

And I've been doing this -- as an activist -- with LGBT rights since the mid 80s.  So keep that in mind when this slowly begins melting down in front of you.  

In my opiniot it would be good if new Eidolons will drop on kill some sort of tokens. Players that collected tokens could decide themselves what exatcly arcane they want to choose and trade from Onkko. Otherwise players will spend years to collect all arcanes, especialy with rare drop chance. (I hope you remember the number of all arcanes)

Also i believe, it would be great if there will be splitted rarity between killed(instant drop, easier difficultity) and captured(drop on arriving to extraction point, harder difficultity) alive Eidolons. So players can get tokens for common tier arcanes and rare tier arcanes.

Also, where is the hek damn 8 person Plains matchmaking? I want to see 7+ players with me on this Eidolon fights! (i realy would like to see this option is possible)

My clan loves the raids. We even have theme songs for some parts of those, we have a contest who will drew the best pictures with restores on the boot phase of lor. We are always laughing and chatting doing those. We do them everyday at the same hour of the day . Everyday!

Its our way of bonding and have fun in group of more than 4 players and its the best experience i have with the game. Without it clans have basically little to no meaning and alliances are obsolete.

Raids are basically the one and only thing that requires team coordination in this game which is superb experience, even if its bugged (at least is less bugged than PoE). Teralyst you basically can solo, efficient group kills just more of them in one night. Teralysts aren't hard or do not require any skill. Teralyst requires OP damage, some healing and players that are able with the operator. Thats it. Raids require teamplay

I don't want the raids out. I want more of them. Tougher, crazier with invulnerable mobs that you just need to control. 

Tbh i don't even use arcanes, i have tons of them and none ever equipped. I do not care about rewards, if you are so inclined take the arcanes out, put some rare resources in bigger piles or some axi relics or even some traces if you have to move the arcanes. 

tldr

I do raids cause it's the best team experience in your game right now. I honestly beg you not to take them. Just leave them as they are. Don't touch them, don't write any code for them, leave them and forget about their existence. It's not like you did any different for a really long time..  

While I only ever raided twice, trials introduced some unique mechanics that no other mission in the game has. Also playing with up to 7 other people at once was pretty fun.

There's an entire sizable part of the community out there pleading for you to reconsider this decision. Listen to them now, as you've listened to us for the past 5 years.

I think the best step is to keep the raids in the game and work on them behind the scenes. I was also hoping perhaps you would introduce a new third raid to the game with something fresh? Maybe make the third raid part of the next open world map that you will introduce on Venus? A Corpus trial involving a megaboss from that faction is still yet to be seen :D

To all those people out there complaining about this being the only end-game though....come on guys, you know there's stuff way harder than trials out there.

Arcanes are actually something that was meant for the higher tier of players to obtain, to move them to be accessible to newer players like this will feel like a slap in the face to all those veterans who worked for a very long time getting them from trials. I know that feeling well, it's not good. Don't do this, DE.

Also, this feels like you are just pushing us hard towards the Eidolons. As a fight they're not bad but not that good either. Certainly not the type of challenge that requires teamwork from 4 to 8 people. I've seen people solo Eidolons before. But you cannot solo Trials. Seen the difference? 

Keep raids in the game, please.

45 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

MR25 2,205 hours in-game. I have never completed a trail and have/had no intention too. Always seemed so much of a hassle to get a group together for it

Really not hard to get a group - go to Raid School Bus recruiting.
I would have quit long ago if the trials didn't exist, as they made it seem like warframe tried to had endgame content.

Archived