Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

I am completely for making changes to existing trials to an extent, but please keep these in the game until said changes are ready to be shipped. They do still have bugs currently, but this is the content that keeps me logging in at the current time. I feel a lot of the game play has shifted towards PoE (which a lot of people in my Alliance still have issues running) and instead of giving more life to new content, you are instead just taking content away from people with limited specs. I still do run missions in the Plains, but I would really like to see more end game content outside of this.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Rhokkes:

Even if it means removing content for awhile, I'm in favor of DE finally taking a good look at LoR and JV. I often feel that Warframe has a social difficulty curve that really damages the experience of things like raids.
Eidolon hunts are a more successful form of raid-like content in that it has a much better social difficulty curve associated with it. They take place in a non-exclusive environment which anyone - alone or with fellow players - can get access to before doing a hunt. In addition, said environment has an entire (again non-exclusive) hub associated with it in the form of Cetus, which allows for quick relay of information and squad formation.
This youtube channel talks about this kind of stuff in three short episodes. It's an interesting aspect of design.

But that is exactly the POINT of trials. They are not meant for new players. They were pretty much the only high level top tier content for veterans left in the game. And that's also why I totally dislike the "raids" for casuals aka Eidolon hunt. Everything must appease to the "new player experience" these days.. gosh.

Shut down the entire game. Rework the engine, rethink everything. From now on - you wont be able to "cure" this game, no matter what. This game is in a stagnation for a long time already. It's a good source of money perhaps(fashionframe ftw), but as The Game - it's one big "wasted opportunity". Countless good ideas with absolutely horrible realization.

ROLLRAIDS.png

Gud meme. Just removing the main source that is worth to Speedrun in Warframe. Fixing Golem Missdock did remain for a year and maybe does still exist even tho hundreds of logs and reports have been made by plenty of people and it's not difficult to figure out, that the Golem pushing range is or was always the case of it (which I dont know if it still exists since none goes in pushing range). But instead of trying to fix it... just removing them? If you wanna full redesign them... how about just let the current trials stay as they are and if like a redesigned version of a trial is finished, then just release it or even give some people like Speedrunners, maybe Warframe Raid School Bus Moderators some "closed early access" to it? I dont know but that kinda makes more sense to me.

3 hours ago, Stoner said:

They're trying their best to shove PoE down our throats. Trying so hard they're killing raids to take their arcanes and move them to Eidolons drop tables. 

This is kind of true.

I enjoy fighting Eidolons. It's a well designed fight, and I enjoy playing against them. However they are not even close to being as difficult as raids. To even suggest they are similar because they require team coordination is far fetched. Raids are a lot harder and require a lot more time and team coordination to finish.

The idea of an arcane was to have a unique reward for completing a hard mission. Now they are moving that to Eidolons, which defeats the whole purpose.

Worst part is that the are removing raids entirely. I mean, not everyone plays them, but there are a lot of people that have been playing and perfecting their strategies and times over the years. There is a whole discord server of people who play them. And now they are just going to remove them?

OK, you want to improve raids, you want suggestions, but if you are removing the reward of finishing a raid, then why would people play them? I am at a loss here. What direction do you want to take? I am not even sure what to suggest. I can't even suggest a new reward because that would mean suggesting something as good or better than arcanes.

And yes, me and a lot of people from my clan are pissed right now. It's one of the few challenging things in the game that we looked forward to play a few times during the week. I will repeat that, it's one of the things me and a lot of people from my clan looked forward to play. I am really confused here as to what you want to do with raids now.

Arcane

adjective

understood by few; mysterious or secret

Can be acquired in 5 minutes in public mode by new players.
I propose you now call them "Commons".

Also,
new players will rush the completion of the Second Dream to get their hands on what other people will call "goodies".
New players will not understand how to mod but they will possess arcanes. It's a wrong decision on so many levels.

And why wipe out the community of raiders until your restructure the new ones? It doesn't make sense.

Well, I hope they get reworked into something better. The mechanics of the mode were flawed in my eyes and the ludicrous number of times you need to play a trial to get a full set of one arcane, let alone two sets, was just not very rewarding for players. I mean, it takes an average about 70 days of LoR NM to get a whole set of arcane grace for example. With a little bad luck sprinkled in there, you may not have the full set after a whole year of raiding every single day.

In other words, I found that the missions were pretty boring and extremely unrewarding, which is why I only did them a few times and then figured that it's simply not worth the hassle. The time it took to set up a group and the extremely over the top elitist attitudes of the few players I joined was just the rotten cherry on top of that crap pie for me.

3 minutes ago, KiRiku555 said:

If the only reason you're removing it is because new players have difficulty with it, you may as well remove the entire game, none of the game is easy to access without help.

True. As I said before, we veterans did not have it easy in the game when we were new. If it were not for the help of a community as beautiful as the one that has this game, where the help is enough.
If the new players have it difficult, it is because they do not deign to ask for the help that in our time, we also had to ask for.

11 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Trials are an aspiration for many players, they're something to work toward.

Many people think the same in this regard. I have friends who constantly ask me for help and always say "This is useful for LOR?", "Is this useful for JV?", "What build is good for this warframe if I take it to LOR?". It is not that anyone plays Trials, it is that they are preparing for them.

2 minutes ago, ALEX_IV said:

I am really confused here as to what you want to do with raids.

Guess we'll know more this friday on Devstream. It's very unfortunate, I've met most of my friends in Warframe through raids. I'm not sure I will still keep supporting this game after they're gone. 

This is sad, people invested so much of their time into raids, not to mention the people who helped new players learn them. I believe you can turn this around and have the opportunity to revamp the raids.

The social aspect of raiding was great because it brought people together, plus this really hurts the Warframe School Bus discord. I've met so many new people there, some of them became friends that I play with to this day.

I am not sure why the raids have to be taken down while being worked on but I do hope they come back soon. I was starting to get into the raids and had a great deal of fun in them. Also I hope with the work on the raids that maybe we could see new content in that area with things like raids thrown into open zone areas where you can unlock a gate and continue on in to do the raid. Anyways, thank you DE for your continued work and dedication on the game and I pray that the fans and Devs can work together to progress the game forward.

• Fixes towards a progression stopping issue where Jordas would not dock properly caused by Itzal’s Blink stun effect.
  • Fixed moving Infested Spores not lowering the engine charge percentage in the Jordas Verdict. 
  • Fixed Infested Spores sometimes moving incredible fast or not at all when spawned in the Jordas Verdict. 

... just kidding?

il y a 17 minutes, CptSpaceHerpes a dit :

lol how many will do raids when the arcanes are availble on the plains...alot more people will engage the eidolons than ever raided...most dont raid for the raid ..they raid for the arcane.s lets keep the drama in realistic mode and skill lvl isnt a real factor in raids its a synchronated gear check ..so much hyperbole and little reality

They do it for the credits too.. A big ton of credits

Dear DE devs,

Please help us understand how removing Trials benefits the development team's efforts to make improvements.  Absent that context, this move does significantly more harm than it needs to.  No one in principle is against updating raid content, or providing a progression path for newer players to be able to participate in it.  However, no information has been given on the technical reasons behind their intended removal.  What does removal of content provide to the development team?  What is the cost of, or delays incurred by, keeping trials available relative to that development process?  

Separately: please don't confuse low participation count with level of engagement.  Raw player count provides at best a one-dimensional measure.  Assessing engagement of an activity should include a combination of raw player count and the types/volume/consumption of content created, and a mindfulness most importantly of the communities that exist, specific to that activity.  As a recent example, Bungie based their entire strategy around raw player counts and are paying the price.  Please don't let that happen here.

1 minute ago, Ghostin21 said:

Dear DE devs,

Please help us understand how removing Trials benefits the development team's efforts to make improvements.  Absent that context, this move does significantly more harm than it needs to.  No one in principle is against updating raid content, or providing a progression path for newer players to be able to participate in it.  However, no information has been given on the technical reasons behind their intended removal.  What does removal of content provide to the development team?  What is the cost of, or delays incurred by, keeping trials available relative to that development process?  

Separately: please don't confuse low participation count with level of engagement.  Raw player count provides at best a one-dimensional measure.  Assessing engagement of an activity should include a combination of raw player count and the types/volume/consumption of content created, and a mindfulness most importantly of the communities that exist, specific to that activity.  As a recent example, Bungie based their entire strategy around raw player counts and are paying the price.  Please don't let that happen here.

There is a devstream the day after tomorrow if I recall correctly, hopefully they will cover your question tho at the very least I'm sure this topic will be broached. 

Im not agree with this change, the raids are the best part of warframe, for some persons are a challenge and for others an opportunity to meet more people. I really like to make raids with members of my clan/Alliance and I like to teach new players how to doing for exaple The Law Of Retribution. This is not the way DE, you going to delete the reason for a lot of people playing warframe.

23 minutes ago, bliekord said:

Dab on those raids xddddd who cares about vets! who cares about these stacks of arcane energize i've earned over the years! lets just force vets play POE! how fun!! :D 

14 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

New players will not understand how to mod but they will posess arcanes. It's a wrong decision on so many levels.

Accurate.

Let's make this game easier, more boring, less challenging. Does it matter to lose a few veterans? Nah, we need more new players who do not know S#&$ but who can give us some dollars.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

There is a devstream the day after tomorrow if I recall correctly, hopefully they will cover your question tho at the very least I'm sure this topic will be broached. 

The problem with this: they announced the change now. People are not happy. Making people wait a couple days for a simple (proper) explanation would not be considered best practice. The proper explanation should have been provided with the announcement.

Please reconsider!

I love raids, they're my endgame.
They're my favorite peice of content in any game ever, and it would make me so damn sad to see them go.

I know you dont like them DE, but for the sake of all of us that do, please keep them in.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

First of all, I can’t believe we have a game full of 5+ years of content that is continuing to grow and shape into what we call Warframe today!

To get right to the point of what you’re about to read, on February 28th all Trials (Law of Retribution/Nightmare and The Jordas Verdict) will be temporarily put to rest, much like the Dark Sector Armistice, for the time being. This will happen first on PC and then soon after on consoles due to needing a Cert process. If you recall, Dark Sectors were a system that we were not happy with, and maintenance on a system like such isn’t constructive to continue changing when bigger goals are on the plate.

On May 18th 2015 in Update 16.0 we introduced The Law of Retribution trial with The Jordas Verdict hot on its trail on October 29th 2015 in Update 17.9.1. These are both 4-8 player Trials with multiple phases, puzzles, and tons of mayhem (the good kind)! As players, this was a daily source of rallying teamwork in order to gain that coveted Arcane. The dissection of ultimate tactics to conquer the Trial was something we welcomed and were thrilled to watch develop over time.

On numerous Devstreams we have mentioned/discussed the future of Trials. On Devstream 75, Scott mentioned “We are looking to repurpose existing Raid content to make the game mode accessible for lower-level players while also preparing them for this end-game content as they continue to progress.”

And we’ve decided it’s time to address that.

In an upcoming Mainline Update this week on PC, Shrine of the Eidolon, we will be adding Arcanes as rewards to the Teralysts (specific variants TBD) on the Plains of Eidolon. Taking down a Teralyst mirrors the tactics of a Trial in terms of teamwork and communication, but can also be done as a lower-level player if properly prepared. Adding Trial Arcanes as a reward from the Teralysts is the first step in the overall plan to temporarily put Trials to rest.

*Please note that we are also looking at buffing some Arcanes - stay tuned! 

This is NOT the end to Trials. Our Designers have put in an incredible amount of blood, sweat, and tears into creating, fixing, and maintaining Trials. Not to mention the blood, sweat, and tears YOU as a Community have put into them! The upkeep of the Trials in a world where so many bigger plans are in motion are taking much needed brainpower and time.

As a warm thank you for your almost 2+ year commitment to Trials, everyone who has participated up to its temporary closure will receive a fancy new version of the Sevati Sekhara Badge[name TBD] - one separate from the Sekhara you already receive upon completing LoR. We hope you wear this proudly, knowing you are inevitably helping shape and change Warframe.  

Now that you have this knowledge, where do we go from here? 
We welcome this thread as a home of constructive feedback to where you would improve Trials (Raid School Bus I’m looking at you)! We have some top-level ideas to revisit in the distant future in terms of a redesign, but welcome the ideas of a 2+ year mechanic that a good amount of Tenno are familiar with.

P.S If you didn’t hear, we’re working on some Dark Sector mayhem as hinted here: 

In conclusion, we’re incredibly grateful for your years of love and commitment towards our Trials. Just know that this is not the end. 

EDIT:

Let's be very crystal clear about what you're stuffing around with.

Nv5gicc.png

Where's my resources can I get this back?

Archived