Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

so just like dark sectors trials will be forgotten and never return, why take them away now when you have nothing to replace them or the rewards. i dont do the raids often due to revisiting my backlog of games but they were fun and made me communicate and work as a team with others while eidolons require little teamwork in reality and do not really replace them.

1 minute ago, Hennils said:

This would mean removing the only mission types that require/make use of coordination and communication, which is a loss in my eyes.

Also as somebody who already got the Arcanes i care about, why should i fight these new Teralyst variants now?

same reason you would run raids, for something to do

Well, looks like some of the only true end game content we have is going bye-bye. 
Goodbye best credits farm.
Goodbye one of the best ways to make platinum that isn't through dumb-luck Rivens.
Goodbye all the resources we used to build our keys.

Furthermore, adding Arcanes... to Eidolons? I don't like this idea, because I cannot trust how y'all handle Arcanes. I'm afraid they're going to be dumb blueprints like the ones used throughout Cetus, which is gonna add even more unneeded farming to Plains. Furthermore, I worry about the drop chances. I can totally see Energize being a solid 0.25% chance to drop and it being really, really bad. 

But what boggles my mind the most is... is it that hard to fix the raid bugs? Is it so hard that you're going to retire Raids for the time being? I simply don't understand the purpose/point of putting Raids behind closed doors. 

I cannot in good faith support this decision at all. Want an easy way to anger the Vets desperate for end game content? Want to anger people who use something other than Rivens to get decent plat? This is how you do that in one fell swoop. I doubt a fancy Sekhara is going to cover the bill for this one.and go over easily with the Vets. 

I almost never play raids, they don't appeal to me because you can get pubs to kill thousands of grineer but you can't get them to stand on buttons. That being said, this is a bad idea for several reasons.

1: "Like Dark Sectors", and dark sectors haven't been a thing for what feels like years. (Edit: BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN YEARS.) Saying "Like Dark Sectors" inspires the opposite of confidence to anyone who has known how long they've been gone.

2: There was no reason to remove raids before rebalancing raids

3: I am worried this will muddy a drop table of brilliant/bright shards if they start dropping from teralysts. I don't want to do a capture for the sole purpose of gaining focus and get a useless arcane I don't care about instead. That will absolutely grind the appeal of eidolon hunting for me into a fine, useless powder.

4: The fact that few people did raids is what made arcanes so profitable and valuable, this is going to create an implosion in the player economy

5: There were people who did enjoy raids even though I didn't, so why the F*** retire them? The raids are already made and put into the game, no reason to remove them, especially not until they are rebalanced the way you think is going to be satisfactory.

6: The answer to raids not being played is map and player interaction, you may be able to get 10o to kill millions but not stand on @(*()$ buttons in a coordinated fashion, but you could find groups to teach you how. Another thing is raids themselves are entered mostly with keys that are hidden deep within the marketplace, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the leading reasons they're not played is because players don't even know they exist to begin with.

7: I'm not too familiar with raid bus, but seeing as what they DO is run raids this is probably going to devastate them as a community. In fact, I know more than one friend who plays warframe SOLELY for raids, and I know of many DEDICATED RAIDING CLANS. This is going to fracture and destroy communities. 

8: I'm fine with arcanes not being buffed because it means you're not looking at them and the nerf eye of sauron isn't trained on the actually good arcanes that have objectively improved the game's mechanics for certain warframes.

9: Raids were one of the only GENUINELY endgame activities, a lot of veterans love them, so why even dumb them down for new players? The answer to this stuff is to make NEW raids that appeal to newbies (Or lazy bastards like me), not REMOVE content that is already there.

10: How are people going to consistently find Manics to farm Ash Parts now?

and finally 11: Literally most reasons given in both devstreams and dev workshops for screwing over trials applies more so to Conclave. Why does conclave get a free pass but not raids? 

Please, do not do this. If what it takes to get you to reconsider is to play a gamemode I don't like playing, then I'll try to do it

I do not support the removal of trials. My clan is focused on raids, my friends and me raid daily, its literally the reason we still play warframe. Even along with temporary removal, the raiding community will be unhappy of such move and thus you are separating communities in which people have spent ages and such on developing, making warframe itself a better place.  

As  player that LOVES to do raids on pretty much a daily basis, please reconsider the removal of raids, even temporarily.  Why not work on their replacements while leaving the current versions in the game for those of us that enjoy them to continue playing?   I've met many players that have dedicated countless hours to teaching others how to play the raids. Not to mention that there is an entire community that is dedicated just to this.  

How about change the rewards from those 2 Trials? Also, we need Trails with more well known bosses, like a Kuva Fortress Trail or even better a vote system like that in in TWW where we choose to kill or not kill the queen. 8 players vote at the end.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. But much like the other veterans here I am asking the devs to reconsider this decision. The reason my friends and I play this game is for end game content like the trials as it challenges us. We like to record our runs to try and be better and more efficient and it is one of the good things in the game that all players (not just veterans can enjoy). Trials as a whole is geared more toward providing end game content for veteran players. However, any person can participate in a trial whether they are new players or not. You're essentially removing content an entire community of people dedicate themselves to on a day to day basis. Please don't take them away :(

can you stop retiring another system before bringing the one back you "armisticed" 3 years ago?

I understand that there aren't a lot of people playing raids and getting into them is hard but removing it... I, as someone who raids daily, can just not understand this decision. Raids are literally the last piece of content I am able to enjoy in this game.

If you're removing it just because of the lack of players, then at least be honest enough and remove Lunaro and Conclave with it. But as long as there are players that enjoy it, why remove it? Furthermore, fighting Eidolons with 4 buddies, while being fun, is not the same as getting through 3 different 3 staged trials with 8 players.

Welp I'm sad, I remember how many veterans left after you removed alliance conflicts I just hope that wont happen again. Then again, who needs veterans in a game am I right? Not like new players depend on them to get to understand the clusterfuck of different mechanics & systems we call warframe.

32 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

maintenance on a system like such isn’t constructive to continue changing when bigger goals are on the plate.

I am not sure when the last real change to the trials was made, but how much maintenance can go into a game mode that has sat untouched for so long? I get that new patches like to break content JV Golem raid, but seems like an over abundance of not wanting to maintain code in the slightest that has lead to this choice. 

Retire Archwing instead. AW is not well balanced into the game, has only a hand full of mods and can easily be replaced by landscape skywing missions, while transferring weapon and art assets over to a heavy weapon category. 

What ever, RIP Arcane economy. The juggernaut of progress must plow froward for it's own sake. 

3 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

If there was ever a signal to vets that they aren't appreciated in this game, it's this one. 

This, this, this.

"Temporary" like the dark sector armistice? Yeah sure.
As an avid raider, this is *the* worst thing that could have happened to the game.

I have to agree with some others here... Keep the raids in the game. They're a great source of enjoyment for me and many of the people I regularly chill with.

It always rouses people when I say "Who wants to do an LoR or JV?" whereas "Who wants to go kill a teralyst?" barely raises any eyebrows.

Oh you know what I think would be kinda cool? 

Add a node to the Starchart called "Archives" where you put retired/phased out content so people can go back and experience stuff they want to play again or may have missed entirely. No rewards or anything, just old content.

Old events, old bosses (if applicable), phased out nodes like raids, etc.

Could even add a "museum" where people could go and look at old models and really get a feel for how the game has evolved.

31 minutes ago, Viyrew said:

Removing raids is not the answer to address the problems with it. We rather have it stay in the game then have it removed just due to the fact that bug fixes cannot be done to it.

And if they were to leave the raids in-game, while still allowing the arcanes to be gotten from Teralysts, people would still complain that their raids are now 'useless'. And complain that not only are the raids bugged, but now they're not as rewarding for all the effort put into them. 

If the reason you were to ever do raids, to play this game, was for the sole fact that you could have 8 people working together... Why are you playing Warframe? The basis of the game is a grind, not mass teamwork.

From their statement it seems that raids are not a priority atm since so few of the player-base actually does them. So rather than push a few bug fixes for them over years, it seems that they want to take them down until they can be implemented properly.

Whatever decision they make, it'll bite them in the arse in some way (casuals hating the focus on raids, vets hating that the raid player-base is diluted between raids and plains, team oriented players hating the team size reduction) . This is probably the least painful of the options.

If you dislike the difficulty that the Teralysts provide, then that's something that you should currently engage in discussion with the community about. How to make them a challenging experience that isn't gated behind invulnerability phases. Since that seems like where the team at DE's attention is currently focused.

Im going to be completely honest.

Trials were the only thing keeping playing this game daily. you already considered redoing the login rewards so now i dont even have to login as much.
I find sorites absolutely laughable. riven grind just not worth it.  done with focus and was pretty much done with eidolons hunting after a month.

Please reconsider.

There is not a lot of things players who have pretty much maxed out on everything, all the content available, can do.

I fail to understand the reasoning for this.

Raids are supposed to be end-game content. They do not need repurposed for newer players.

Also, let's not have 2 previously major features of the game disabled.

People like the raids. People want endgame content. I want to continue raiding when I get the chance in middle of day (friends usually invite at night time) so it is going to be really sad not to even get that chance

Archived