Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

4 minutes ago, Hennils said:

This would mean removing the only mission types that require/make use of coordination and communication, which is a loss in my eyes.

Also as somebody who already got the Arcanes i care about, why should i fight these new Teralyst variants now?

They're trying their best to shove PoE down our throats. Trying so hard they're killing raids to take their arcanes and move them to Eidolons drop tables. 

4 minutes ago, MariAnnette said:

As  player that LOVES to do raids on pretty much a daily basis, please reconsider the removal of raids, even temporarily.  Why not work on their replacements while leaving the current versions in the game for those of us that enjoy them to continue playing?   I've met many players that have dedicated countless hours to teaching others how to play the raids. Not to mention that there is an entire community that is dedicated just to this.  

THIS. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

First of all, I can’t believe we have a game full of 5+ years of content that is continuing to grow and shape into what we call Warframe today!

To get right to the point of what you’re about to read, on February 28th all Trials (Law of Retribution/Nightmare and The Jordas Verdict) will be temporarily put to rest, much like the Dark Sector Armistice, for the time being. This will happen first on PC and then soon after on consoles due to needing a Cert process. If you recall, Dark Sectors were a system that we were not happy with, and maintenance on a system like such isn’t constructive to continue changing when bigger goals are on the plate.

On May 18th 2015 in Update 16.0 we introduced The Law of Retribution trial with The Jordas Verdict hot on its trail on October 29th 2015 in Update 17.9.1. These are both 4-8 player Trials with multiple phases, puzzles, and tons of mayhem (the good kind)! As players, this was a daily source of rallying teamwork in order to gain that coveted Arcane. The dissection of ultimate tactics to conquer the Trial was something we welcomed and were thrilled to watch develop over time.

On numerous Devstreams we have mentioned/discussed the future of Trials. On Devstream 75, Scott mentioned “We are looking to repurpose existing Raid content to make the game mode accessible for lower-level players while also preparing them for this end-game content as they continue to progress.”

And we’ve decided it’s time to address that.

In an upcoming Mainline Update this week on PC, Shrine of the Eidolon, we will be adding Arcanes as rewards to the Teralysts (specific variants TBD) on the Plains of Eidolon. Taking down a Teralyst mirrors the tactics of a Trial in terms of teamwork and communication, but can also be done as a lower-level player if properly prepared. Adding Trial Arcanes as a reward from the Teralysts is the first step in the overall plan to temporarily put Trials to rest.

*Please note that we are also looking at buffing some Arcanes - stay tuned! 

This is NOT the end to Trials. Our Designers have put in an incredible amount of blood, sweat, and tears into creating, fixing, and maintaining Trials. Not to mention the blood, sweat, and tears YOU as a Community have put into them! The upkeep of the Trials in a world where so many bigger plans are in motion are taking much needed brainpower and time.

As a warm thank you for your almost 2+ year commitment to Trials, everyone who has participated up to its temporary closure will receive a fancy new version of the Sevati Sekhara Badge[name TBD] - one separate from the Sekhara you already receive upon completing LoR. We hope you wear this proudly, knowing you are inevitably helping shape and change Warframe.  

Now that you have this knowledge, where do we go from here? 
We welcome this thread as a home of constructive feedback to where you would improve Trials (Raid School Bus I’m looking at you)! We have some top-level ideas to revisit in the distant future in terms of a redesign, but welcome the ideas of a 2+ year mechanic that a good amount of Tenno are familiar with.

P.S If you didn’t hear, we’re working on some Dark Sector mayhem as hinted here: 

In conclusion, we’re incredibly grateful for your years of love and commitment towards our Trials. Just know that this is not the end. 

Yeah good @(*()$ job. Yeah so good change. TAKING OUT THE LAST PIECE OF SOMEWHAT ENDGAME CONTENT. "we should do something about our veterans"... What about removing something which is somewhat challenging and invest in bigger and with different colours eidolons. This is so wrong i can't even express myself. 

I don't know if your developer team even realise that they don't get new players, they get people doing 1-2 quests, getting confused  and they just go F*** off after that. 

About the veterans, yes trials aren't played that often but for a reason. Tell me how someone would even know about them. They are hidden behind all of the S#&$ in the market, simply putting something that you haven't done your daily raids will increase the raiding community alot. 

If we are removing raids what about conclave. Their community is even smaller. 

Inb4 someone says that endgame is endurance runs which basically is slide attack simulator. 

Here's an example of actual endgame players doing something challenging 

Cya guys and thanks if someone took their time to read this useless wall of text. 

"raids in a nutshell" https://imgur.com/gallery/W0tVA

What about 8 player interaction that was the fun aspect of the Trials? Also rip one more daily task to do(I guess it's time to only login for sorties and log out). Not everything has to be newbie friendly, you are just limiting end game goals for players to thrive for. For what Scott said, please for love of Tenno make actually hard end game content, Eidolons are just measurement of SpoilerMode dps, ok!, throw in 1 Bless Trinity to keep Lures alive. Coordination and cooperation is through the roof here, You can even have 75% of the cell mining in the nearby cave to do these Trial-level coordination requiring Eidolon fights. Also can you give example what are you referring to with "a lower-level player" personally really disappointed if the answer would be players who have just unlocked sorties. If my guess was correct should these "lower-level-players" with their fancy Heks(that have max 6 mods that aren't even maxed) should be able to do "THE" end game content? 
Lastly, what ever will be this new content post is referring to I sure hope it would be challenging even for Veteran players. Right now only third Sortie and Trials provided this, keeping something non trivial thus interesting content in game.

3 minutes ago, NeyoSemperDux said:

It's hilarious that they used Dark Sectors to soften the blow, when most of the people who actually run raids were around when they removed them.

You know, I joined after Dark Sector got shelved, and I've been here for years.

Talk about "temporary" lmao

2 minutes ago, Nspace said:

"Temporary" like the dark sector armistice? Yeah sure.

Mar 18, 2015As a result there will be an immediate Dark Sector Armistice following the launch of PvP 2.0 to give our community of PvP Tenno enough time to enjoy Cephalon Capture and provide feedback on the adjustments we've made so far.

Just like how my pet turtle Scruffles was temporarily transferred to a "Turtle Ranch" in Arkansas where it could play in the wheat fields and eat lettuce all day.

Look, I get that the community as whole tends to look out for the newer players as far as accessibility goes, but there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. Veteran players need something to call their own, there needs to be endgame content that feels like... well, an actual endgame. Raids were one of the few things we have left after we switched from Keys to Relics. The eidolons can't really be called endgame either when you consider that a full team of mote amps can take down an Eidolon. The rewards there don't feel impactful enough to retain veteran players. With the retirement of raids, veteran retainment will plummet.

1 minute ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

And if they were to leave the raids in-game, while still allowing the arcanes to be gotten from Teralysts, people would still complain that their raids are now 'useless'. And complain that not only are the raids bugged, but now they're not as rewarding for all the effort put into them. 

If the reason you were to ever do raids, to play this game, was for the sole fact that you could have 8 people working together... Why are you playing Warframe? The basis of the game is a grind, not mass teamwork.

From their statement it seems that raids are not a priority atm since so few of the player-base actually does them. So rather than push a few bug fixes for them over years, it seems that they want to take them down until they can be implemented properly.

Whatever decision they make, it'll bite them in the arse in some way (casuals hating the focus on raids, vets hating that the raid player-base is diluted between raids and plains, team oriented players hating the team size reduction) . This is probably the least painful of the options.

If you dislike the difficulty that the Teralysts provide, then that's something that you should currently engage in discussion with the community about. How to make them a challenging experience that isn't gated behind invulnerability phases. Since that seems like where the team at DE's attention is currently focused.

There are players like myself who have invested thousands of plat into arcanes, and hold even more in net worth of arcane sets. Screwing with the arcane drops in such a massive way, even if the raids were to stay, would be a spit in the face to all of us who enjoy the raids. So what if it doesn't fit the game of grind aspect? This is exactly why so many people ENJOY it. It's unique content in a game where you mindlessly do the same thing over and over. They could have chosen to do NOTHING with the raids, and face no backlash. 

Comparing this change to the Dark Sector change makes it sound like the Trials are being removed indefinitely, if not permanently. Can we get more information about what state the game needs to be in for Trials to be reintroduced?

I cannot even begin to describe how... just dissapointing this is... i have written less then 10 times on the forums over my 3 years and 3k hours of warframe, i have never complained about a patch or a change, but i had to make an exception this one time, to just spit in the face of the people who've been running raids for literally years... this is absolutely unbelievable.

Not just making raids unavailable (and i adore the comparison to the dark sector system, its been offline for how long now? Guess no raids for a couple years) but also making arcanes lootable without doing raids, un freaking believable.

6 minutes ago, Wevi said:

Im going to be completely honest.

Trials were the only thing keeping playing this game daily. you already considered redoing the login rewards so now i dont even have to login as much.
I find sorites absolutely laughable. riven grind just not worth it.  done with focus and was pretty much done with eidolons hunting after a month.

Please reconsider.

There is not a lot of things players who have pretty much maxed out on everything, all the content available, can do.

^

Raiding is legit only thing that vets have atm.

This .... is ... unbelievable ... 

We've been working hard on  a 2 1000 man clan wide event for hosting raids to promote them, with plat prizes and ranks, did teaching raids for Months to promote higher endgame play .. and we get this. After the leaderboards, im not sure DE cares for the veterans, but pandering for the newer players more...

il y a 34 minutes, -dicht.PinkGuy- a dit :

Please reconsider removing Trials. I don't care about the arcanes you can move them as a reward to Vor's Prize if that's what you wanna do. But if you remove trials I will lose pretty much all interest I have in this game and it will kill off one of the few gamemodes Veterans have that they can still enjoy. 

I agree with you

RIP the only content i can reasonably play now, cant justify the 5+ minute load time to go out onto the plains to spend maybe 3 minutes killing an eidolon collecting its guts then going back into Another 5+ minute load time, and that's excluding the Even More grating and repetitive nature of bounties compared to just doing a survival 10+ minutes of loading for a 5 minute mission followed by relay lag isn't something I can say I enjoy.

Archived