Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Do you envision a world of recruiting chat with these new Eidolon battles "Hunt - any amp, any frame welcome - we don't care how long the fight takes" Or entire communitities like RSB developing around teaching people how to fight one?

Maybe its the cynic in me, but I can see "Hunt - must have max operator, amp, XYZ Frame."

It's already a thing with Teralysts. You're either bringing a meta efficiency frame or you won't be bringing anything, as far as Recruiting is concerned.

29 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Wait, when did they say that? I watched the stream and I only heard them say that they just didn't think they were worth the constant game of debugging whack-a-mole in their current form, so they'll rather just scrap them entirely and redesign them from ground up.

They (I think it was Scott, specifically) also said that the Raids - in their current form - do not resemble Warframe gameplay and thus were basically inappropriate to continue maintaining. They briefly mentioned that they're having "raid-like" bosses, maybe, in some of the open worlds - for instance, that grinner stomper tank thing. The understanding I took away from it was that they were not redesigning Trials to bring them back, but creating other activities more like the rest of Warframe as substitutes.

28 minutes ago, HeroOfTheWarframe said:

Of corse you can't count on a veteran player if you remove high level content instead of adding some. The game currently has nearly no content for them. The only "veteran content" is 1. raids, because they need a loot of understanding 2. endless runs(and they take hours to become challenging). Every other "veteran content" you have to create yourself with making yourself challenges, but of corse they aren't rewarding and thats a problem for many.

First off, .... you can't complain that "there isn't enough of a challenge" in the game, when every time DE readjusts things to make challenges tougher, y'all complain about that, because now it's "gonna take longer" or whatever.  Too polarized on opinions here.  Things can't be either TRASH or OP. There IS and NEEDS to be a middle ground.  DE is trying to find it, but everyone ragequits at the first mention of "We're gonna try something new..."

smh

Second, they ARE increasing the rate at which difficulty scales in their new Endless...they literally showcased it on the devstream.  Patience is a virtue.

I get tired of the all vets are this and if you have this many hours in the game you must agree rhetoric. Trials are not raids, nor are they good content. They are a mess that requires too much upkeep and created an elitist community controlling the arcane economy. DE is right on thinking they should go. 

Edit: I have well over 2k hours by the by

34 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

ait, when did they say that? I watched the stream and I only heard them say that they just didn't think they were worth the constant game of debugging whack-a-mole in their current form, so they'll rather just scrap them entirely and redesign them from ground up.

watch again https://youtu.be/E96hgup-Ng0?t=996

Their reasons: Bug Fixes and "low traffic" (of course ignoring it only pays to play once a day, is locked behind keys, has no matchmaking), Dont fit with their vision of gameplay.

The New: Lots of humming and hawing, and expressions like "If I had to guess"... don't lend much credence to the idea they remotely considered bringing them -or anything like them- back.  The "temporary" was just an masked attempt at keeping the furor down.

I'm MR 24 and been playing for almost 3 years. I've seen this game go through crazy transitions. I think however, this is the first tme that I am most fond of supporting this game. I have been wanting these reworks/QOL/upgrades/improvements/polish, whatever you want to call it, take the front seat before new content for a long time. The fact that Kora has been put on the back burner in order to support the polish to the rest of the game is amazing to see. Developers who care more about their game mechanics rather than a new shiny toy for grofit, is respectable.

I know there is a lot of hate towards the fact that Trials/Raids are over but come on people, what was the reward for doing them? I am happy to see them go. Useless data in a game that constantly evolves. 

DE, stay this course. I don't care about "nerfs/buffs", if it mean balance and polish I accept it. You are not a money hungry company. You actually care about your game and fan base.

4 minutes ago, _Nobody_ said:

I know there is a lot of hate towards the fact that Trials/Raids are over but come on people, what was the reward for doing them? I am happy to see them go. Useless data in a game that constantly evolves. 

You got credits, arcanes, detonite injectors, fieldron, and you got to have fun.

21 minutes ago, _Nobody_ said:

I know there is a lot of hate towards the fact that Trials/Raids are over but come on people, what was the reward for doing them? I am happy to see them go. Useless data in a game that constantly evolves. 

Useless for you. There are entire communities dedicated to do it daily. There is even 1 dedicated to teach it patiently for anyone interested. Your lack of respect towards this is preposterous. A lot of raiders don't enjoy Eidolon fighting (not really my case), and they should be given both options. Taking them off is a bad move. If only they'd come back shortly, but we're probably talking about years of it dusting in a shelf.

I don't normally except my Boss to thank me for coming to work on time.

The state of weapon balance and many QoL features are long overdue.

Thanking someone after long term neglect is kinda Stockholm.

They did some good things of course but as a 5 year devoted player with 4,000 in-mission hours; I've never been this uninterested in playing Warframe since Solar Rails was first released. DE took vaulted relics out of my Endurance runs. They removed Raids, My Focus trees are 100% with 9 million points left over and farming Kuva is possibly the worst thing in the game. They've pretty much backed veterans into an empty corner.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:05 AM, DarkFlameZealot said:

Regardless of what happened to you, there's still plenty of flaws in PoE for those with low end PCs. DE needs to make all content accessible for all players.

Ehm  no, that's utopian. Developers should make the content accessible to as many player as possible, but in the end is not their fault if you have a low end hardware and connection. Sure, for what regards matchmaking and host migration, those could see some improvements, but in the end it's always up to you and how much you can afford for your game experience.

I have a good computer but unfortunatelly my connection is very bad, but I know I cannot blame Warframe for it, cause it's my choice to not upgrade my net and that's why I try to do missions with people who can host or have better connections or just do them alone and have no problem at all.

I have a pretty mixed stance on that retirement. While some of your statement make sense, some might just as well be used for Conclave. To believe what part of the community is actually playing, we need figures and statistics ; this is just how it works : we won't take your word for it. The work on the Conclave is not worth the effort neither, if this is your argument to retire the Trials.

However, I can't help but laugh at the argument "Trials were the only endgame" I've read more than once in the comments. I mean, the only thing that prevented me from running a macro to do the raid is the behavior of the AI. When you know how it works, you barely think about what you do and there is no difficulty whatsoever. Try a Grineer Sortie with Elemental Enhancement, this is more challenge than a Raid. And I'm not taking into account the buggyness of the Trials and the fact the "how to" is nothing close to being intuitive, while being repetitive like anything else at the same time.

As far as I'm concerned, whether the Trials stay or go, I don't care. They were utterly boring to me, I would not miss them. My only concern is the focus of DE on the Plains that becomes worrying (putting Arcanes on the Eidolons). You want to promote the Plains ? No problem. But don't forget you have a whole Star Chart ont the side while you are squishing as much content as possible on basically one node, which doesn't make sense in terms of balancing the content.

What in the world is wrong with DE? I've got friends leaving left and right because of this poorly thought out decision, one in which DE never requested prior feedback from the community. 

Forcing players to play PoE which requires 1000-2000m travel distances between objectives is insane. Hiding arcanes behind Eidolons (which have the same mechanics between each) and walls of grind is absolutely not what players want. Ripping the only thing that is even close to "end-game" that will only fuel salt and hate towards DE is nonsensical. How are raids "end-game?" Raids do not have a well-defined limit to how fast players can successfully complete them. Many veterans strive to become more efficient and faster and faster - this, to them, is what Warframe is all about: fast-paced exhilarating thrill. It's about striving to beat your best time (yes, these times are automatically recorded by the game and archived).

For players who have had a hard time getting into raids, the fault should fall squarely on DE because if their ignorance in the department. They've made no attempt to advertise raids or made them more accessible. Why is there matchmaking for Eidolon but not for raids? WFRSB, clans, alliances, Discord groups, and other communities have spent years' worth of sweat and tears to build up loving communities and to help players get involved. And now DE wants to destroy everything without giving it a second thought (yes, I saw Scott in Devstream #106 twitch and mumble-jumble endlessly in his seat as he struggled to defend this decision). 

Thanks for throwing the despicable middle finger to your active, loyal player base. It's disgusting and shameful.

I've got an issue with the removal of the 8-man activities: raids. I look forward to running raids every weekend with my friends and spending time communicating and having fun. Raids to me were the most fun content in the game, they were rewarding and like I said allowed communication and teamwork. If anything I would atleast want some response like "We will find a way eventually to bring back raids in 1 way or another.", but wait there's more! They are moving the Arcanes to the Eidolons, because everyone loves plains! Onto the next part: Dark Sectors! Yay SoonTM to its fullest extent! But what are the rewards? How will this affect the game long term? How is this supposed to replace raids? I love this game, it's given me hundrends of hours of entertainment but the way it's been going recently I do not enjoy. To those reading this thank you for reading and I want to make this clear it is not the communitie's fault the raids are being removed because they weren't know about, but DE's fault for not advertising them. Thank you for reading and I hope to see the future of this game flurish.

I've got an issue with the removal of the 8-man activities: raids. I look forward to running raids every weekend with my friends and spending time communicating and having fun. Raids to me were the most fun content in the game, they were rewarding and like I said allowed communication and teamwork. If anything I would atleast want some response like "We will find a way eventually to bring back raids in 1 way or another.", but wait there's more! They are moving the Arcanes to the Eidolons, because everyone loves plains! Onto the next part: Dark Sectors! Yay SoonTM to its fullest extent! But what are the rewards? How will this affect the game long term? How is this supposed to replace raids? I love this game, it's given me hundrends of hours of entertainment but the way it's been going recently I do not enjoy. To those reading this thank you for reading and I want to make this clear it is not the communitie's fault the raids are being removed because they weren't know about, but DE's fault for not advertising them. Thank you for reading and I hope to see the future of this game flurish.

2 часа назад, -Bittersteel- сказал:

Useless for you. There are entire communities dedicated to do it daily. There is even 1 dedicated to teach it patiently for anyone interested. Your lack of respect towards this is preposterous. A lot of raiders don't enjoy Eidolon fighting (not really my case), and they should be given both options. Taking them off is a bad move. If only they'd come back shortly, but we're probably talking about years of it dusting in a shelf.

Ah, that's why raid recruiting was so tedious ppl just rejected based on goddamn master rank. They didn't ask "did you read/watch instructions? do you have that type of speedva(example, whatever) for run?". They just watched master rank was lower than 20 (back in time it increased) and ignored. Time after time. 

Today I became MR20 bc I mastered weapons/warframes in my own temp and didn't want to rush for sake of rush. I have decent gear since rank 14-16 because I dedicated myself to patient prime farm from start. If I would need as requirement that specific weapon I don't have or adjust ones I have, I would prepare it asap (I have almost all warframes ready aswell) yet I didn't even have chance for that. Most of my friends are pretty casual and don't want to spend their time for raids/not geared enough. Should I be blamed for being unlucky or having "wrong" friends?

Do you think I and people like me (it's imho, I don't said I mean everybody) even have wish to be kind and participate in this mess where people can't even pack their ego and at least allow people to try WITH requirements? I knew just sev.days ago RSB exists, yet... I must've go, specifically ask some very distanced community, HOPE FOR THEIR MERCY (no pun intended, sadly) and maybe, maybe they will decide I'm suitable to provide me into Trial. I also can be blamed I bothered them for making it only once, especially before it's closing. Add here many people who can't speak english/learning it (even if I learn every day, I'm far away from perfect) and/or are not familiar with gaming chats. Raids are restrictive in all ways. It is fine when it's hard to learn some mission, but it's not fine when you, even after getting information completely outside game (bc you can't practice w/o ppl) will be restricted anyway by wish of some tribe of raid veterans.

Do you think it's completely fine? That it's the norm? Hard or not, people should be able to figure out things by themselves IN game and be able to enter into mission by their wish (it doesn't mean being accessible to complete for newbs, many older players complaining about "everything for newbs" seem always miss "being able to enter mission" and "being able to accomplish mission").

P.S. If worth mentioning, almost 2k hours in-game, 1,2k hours in-battle, I'm also dedicated architect and built from scratch two dojos w full decorations so that took some significant time from my overall, not mentioning fashionframing.

Trials were working just fine.

People that can't watch a video about trials, find people to do them and make configs to help succeeding shouldn't be the measure stick of how well they are working.

What you should do is work on your communication UI... because frankly, it stinks. It rots with the pervasive influence of consoles crappy UI's. That alone would help with trials and be a huge help to clans trying to create a more friendly and motivating clan.

While this post looks like a judgement on the game, it isn't. The game is great and you should be extremely proud. But removing trials and raining arcanes on people is just wrong.

People have spent time and platinum getting their arcanes, and just handing them for free with eidolons (because it is free, since people already do them for focus xp) is really not going to feel less a kick in the nuts if you give us a... badge that none of us will ever wear.

27 minutes ago, ThousandLights said:

Do you think I and people like me (it's imho, I don't said I mean everybody) even have wish to be kind and participate in this mess where people can't even pack their ego and at least allow people to try WITH requirements? I knew just sev.days ago RSB exists, yet... I must've go, specifically ask some very distanced community, HOPE FOR THEIR MERCY (no pun intended, sadly) and maybe, maybe they will decide I'm suitable to provide me into Trial. I also can be blamed I bothered them for making it only once, especially before it's closing.

As a member of RSB i was told many, many times, that i don't have to even speak, just they would like to see in chat if there are any questions. RSB provide enviornment for those who were curious enough to experience them. Even now, at the end of trials, we still have dedicated bus drivers who put even more effort, even seeing their ground cracks on the groud below their feet. The rules of who can join are simple, if there is enough people requesting the raid bus - it starts. WE ARE PEOPLE AS WELL. We are not bots who mindlessly do it for sake of everyone getting their badge. But we are here to provide the knowledge, and if we have time, we are more than happy, to help anyone who struggle. I do not blame you for the thing you mentioned. I blame DE for lack of competence in explaining most of the content this game had ever (raids not being advertised and just shown as the dead bp in market god knows where, how does the damage work, status on weapons, multishot? innate vs. mod-based, status on shotguns and why it is beneficial to have 100%, range of meele weapons?, long lasting not-havng visual explanation of how some weapons did have secondary fire that noone knew about, DROP RATES ON EVERYTHING (for this Bronzime has a great video - 0,12% Frost Prime bp drop on release - did you even know about this was a thing???), reason why every content in the game was double checked by having a dude to datamine it for people)

Do i have to say more? i can count forever. I can't see any of your arguments of "distant community" we are here for the players.

To the very end...

4 hours ago, Cryoguard said:

only arcanes were unique to Trials though, and up until now many of them were not rewarding to use (granted they are passing over arcanes too)

I'd like you to tell me which mission I can try to go into with 8 people doing a meme run.

19 minutes ago, Neuroszima said:

The rules of who can join are simple, if there is enough people requesting the raid bus - it starts. WE ARE PEOPLE AS WELL. We are not bots who mindlessly do it for sake of everyone getting their badge. But we are here to provide the knowledge, and if we have time, we are more than happy, to help anyone who struggle.

Also, being a bus driver myself, it's worth mentioning we are volunteers. We do not get paid in any way for teaching people other than the knowledge that we are bringing joy by introducing people to content we love. If we run the raid multiple times a day to do extra teaching runs we don't even get an extra arcane.

Archived