Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

Wow, how many times they will delete your posts? And not a single comment why. This is beyond ridiculous.

Reminds me time when people were overwhelmingly negative about the new Deluxe skins (Ember and Volt). Posts also quickly disappeared.

Apparently those were not "constructive" enough.

The purge was real.

2 minutes ago, Buldozers said:

Wow, how many times they will delete your posts?

No idea, pretty crazy considering there's nothing inherently wrong with my posts.

I've noticed them deleting quite a few posts lately, we've been on page 67 for the whole day when there's been numerous other posts since it first hit this page.

The whole reason behind Raids removal is that they are no longer able to fix the plethora of bugs that come up with each patch. At this point, it would be easier to build things up from scratch rather than fixing numerous bugs with every subsequent patch. If they just left Raids in the game without touching it whilst they worked on a replacement it would decay in to an absolute mess within a handful of updates. It makes more sense to just remove it at that point since completing it would probably be extremely frustrating if not impossible. At least, that is what I gathered.

10 minutes ago, Brinie said:

The whole reason behind Raids removal is that they are no longer able to fix the plethora of bugs that come up with each patch. At this point, it would be easier to build things up from scratch rather than fixing numerous bugs with every subsequent patch. If they just left Raids in the game without touching it whilst they worked on a replacement it would decay in to an absolute mess within a handful of updates. It makes more sense to just remove it at that point since completing it would probably be extremely frustrating if not impossible. At least, that is what I gathered.

That... doesn't make sense.

It would be understandable for them to remove JV and leave LoR due to the plethora of bugs that come with JV and Steve saying "fixing the millionth JV bug".

They could work on something behind-the-scenes, then when it is ready to just take out out the current trials and then replace them with the new. There's no reason that they would have to remove code in order to work on it.

Just now, Sean said:

That... doesn't make sense.

It would be understandable for them to remove JV and leave LoR due to the plethora of bugs that come with JV and Steve saying "fixing the millionth JV bug".

They could work on something behind-the-scenes, then when it is ready to just take out out the current trials and replacing them with the new. There's no reason that they would have to remove code in order to work on it.

They would remove Raids so they no longer have to waste time excessively patching code that is busted beyond repair. 

1 minute ago, Brinie said:

They would remove Raids so they no longer have to waste time excessively patching code that is busted beyond repair. 

That's why I said they could remove JV, the worst offender with that after all, but LoR has been pretty stable for a while now, they've only really needed to patch JV lately.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:20 PM, Eldritchsqueaker said:

I get tired of the all vets are this and if you have this many hours in the game you must agree rhetoric. Trials are not raids, nor are they good content. They are a mess that requires too much upkeep and created an elitist community controlling the arcane economy. DE is right on thinking they should go. 

Edit: I have well over 2k hours by the by

This

On 2/10/2018 at 3:33 PM, _Nobody_ said:

I'm MR 24 and been playing for almost 3 years. I've seen this game go through crazy transitions. I think however, this is the first tme that I am most fond of supporting this game. I have been wanting these reworks/QOL/upgrades/improvements/polish, whatever you want to call it, take the front seat before new content for a long time. The fact that Kora has been put on the back burner in order to support the polish to the rest of the game is amazing to see. Developers who care more about their game mechanics rather than a new shiny toy for grofit, is respectable.

I know there is a lot of hate towards the fact that Trials/Raids are over but come on people, what was the reward for doing them? I am happy to see them go. Useless data in a game that constantly evolves. 

DE, stay this course. I don't care about "nerfs/buffs", if it mean balance and polish I accept it. You are not a money hungry company. You actually care about your game and fan base.

This deserves WAY more upvotes!  I hope DE reads this and knows we DO support them!

On 2/10/2018 at 5:04 PM, Xzorn said:

I don't normally except my Boss to thank me for coming to work on time.

The state of weapon balance and many QoL features are long overdue.

Thanking someone after long term neglect is kinda Stockholm.

They did some good things of course but as a 5 year devoted player with 4,000 in-mission hours; I've never been this uninterested in playing Warframe since Solar Rails was first released. DE took vaulted relics out of my Endurance runs. They removed Raids, My Focus trees are 100% with 9 million points left over and farming Kuva is possibly the worst thing in the game. They've pretty much backed veterans into an empty corner.

What are you on about, for Lotus' sake?  

Vaulted Relics are easier than ever to get. I got 6 in less than an hour, for crying out loud.  Raids are barely what that namesake implies, and are played the same way, with no change. As for Focus...Y'all brought that on yourselves.... DE changed Focus to make it more Operator-inclusive, and harder to farm so it wasn't done in a day...and everyone whined about it being "too hard" so DE "fixed" it, and now you're complaining you have too much?

Just because you're a tryhard bent on breaking the game doesn't mean DE is failing you.  Perhaps, when they say it's "not inline with their vision of Warframe", which, by the way, is THEIR creation, not ours, and you disagree with it...it might just mean you don't really like Warframe.  That's fine, but don't blame an artist for not painting a painting the way YOU think it should be.  They are the artist, and this is their art.  To bend that to OUR whim would be to take away from what made it great to begin with.

To think we know what the art represents better than the one who created it is arrogant at best.

On 2/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, Arkhenbarn said:

I have a pretty mixed stance on that retirement. While some of your statement make sense, some might just as well be used for Conclave. To believe what part of the community is actually playing, we need figures and statistics ; this is just how it works : we won't take your word for it. The work on the Conclave is not worth the effort neither, if this is your argument to retire the Trials.

However, I can't help but laugh at the argument "Trials were the only endgame" I've read more than once in the comments. I mean, the only thing that prevented me from running a macro to do the raid is the behavior of the AI. When you know how it works, you barely think about what you do and there is no difficulty whatsoever. Try a Grineer Sortie with Elemental Enhancement, this is more challenge than a Raid. And I'm not taking into account the buggyness of the Trials and the fact the "how to" is nothing close to being intuitive, while being repetitive like anything else at the same time.

As far as I'm concerned, whether the Trials stay or go, I don't care. They were utterly boring to me, I would not miss them. My only concern is the focus of DE on the Plains that becomes worrying (putting Arcanes on the Eidolons). You want to promote the Plains ? No problem. But don't forget you have a whole Star Chart ont the side while you are squishing as much content as possible on basically one node, which doesn't make sense in terms of balancing the content.

While I do agree regarding your statement on the stale gameplay (i use that term loosely) of the Trials, I have to respectfully state that I do not share your, or others' similar, concerns regarding DE's focus on the star chart.

PoE is just a small, tiny sampling of the next phase of Warframe.  They've already stated there will be more Open Worlds on nodes, and they will be BIGGER than PoE.  Honestly, I believe the only reason they even had the Plague Star event was to test the use of the Infested faction in an open world environment, though thankfully they added some story to give it a player-side purpose :)

What they are doing right now IS focused, yes, but it's only because this is phase 2.  Not the FINAL phase of Warframe, as there is no such thing.  It is not ALL they're going to be doing ever again, it's just their current priority.

They didn't survive 5 years and make it to Award Nominees by being a bad, stupid developer....they know what they're doing.

They don't -owe- us answers or stats or any of that.

And has been mentioned before, Conclave is not tied to updates the same way Trials were, as one is PvP, with it's own set of rules and mods, and the other is PvE, and as such, is affected by bugs and whatnot with every update, and is just not something they, a FREE-TO-PLAY GAME COMPANY, can afford to pour resources into when they know they have something much bigger to offer.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

What are you on about, for Lotus' sake?  

Vaulted Relics are easier than ever to get. I got 6 in less than an hour, for crying out loud.  Raids are barely what that namesake implies, and are played the same way, with no change. As for Focus...Y'all brought that on yourselves.... DE changed Focus to make it more Operator-inclusive, and harder to farm so it wasn't done in a day...and everyone whined about it being "too hard" so DE "fixed" it, and now you're complaining you have too much?

Just because you're a tryhard bent on breaking the game doesn't mean DE is failing you.  Perhaps, when they say it's "not inline with their vision of Warframe", which, by the way, is THEIR creation, not ours, and you disagree with it...it might just mean you don't really like Warframe.  That's fine, but don't blame an artist for not painting a painting the way YOU think it should be. 

First off I don't care how easy something is to get. In fact the longer something takes the more play time I get. My issue is how those vaulted Relics are attained. I don't want to play PoE. I'm done with it. I finished everything and nothing in PoE interests me. I find it repulsive that DE continues to try and carrot-on-a-stick players into mediocre game play that got old in a week.

Second. I never complained about Focus costs. Not once. Do not include me in a group of self-entitled casuals who want everything for free. By the way, calling me a tryhard then claiming I'm part of said group who'd complain about a long term grind is pretty short sighted.

If an Artist tells me their going to paint something to the likes of XYZ then I watch it progress to X-- then XY- and suddenly it comes out TQW then you're damn right I can be upset at that artist and I can also not pay them. The fact you even think this is about creativity amuses me. This is about money. It's a Business first. This is about opening the game to the widest audience of brain dead candy-crush whales they can for profit while minimizing the influence Veterans can undermine those profits.

You said it yourself " Vaulted Relics are easier than ever to get " You think I as a 5 year player care about easy? I want engagement and fun.

On 2/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, WolfTitan said:

What in the world is wrong with DE? I've got friends leaving left and right because of this poorly thought out decision, one in which DE never requested prior feedback from the community. 

Forcing players to play PoE which requires 1000-2000m travel distances between objectives is insane. Hiding arcanes behind Eidolons (which have the same mechanics between each) and walls of grind is absolutely not what players want. Ripping the only thing that is even close to "end-game" that will only fuel salt and hate towards DE is nonsensical. How are raids "end-game?" Raids do not have a well-defined limit to how fast players can successfully complete them. Many veterans strive to become more efficient and faster and faster - this, to them, is what Warframe is all about: fast-paced exhilarating thrill. It's about striving to beat your best time (yes, these times are automatically recorded by the game and archived).

For players who have had a hard time getting into raids, the fault should fall squarely on DE because if their ignorance in the department. They've made no attempt to advertise raids or made them more accessible. Why is there matchmaking for Eidolon but not for raids? WFRSB, clans, alliances, Discord groups, and other communities have spent years' worth of sweat and tears to build up loving communities and to help players get involved. And now DE wants to destroy everything without giving it a second thought (yes, I saw Scott in Devstream #106 twitch and mumble-jumble endlessly in his seat as he struggled to defend this decision). 

Thanks for throwing the despicable middle finger to your active, loyal player base. It's disgusting and shameful.

Use an Archwing.  Easy and fast. They're trying to show the world of Warframe is bigger than a friggin hallway.  Also, that this world is not DESIGNED FOR the Tenno, but they just live in it. Jeez..

LoR is the same boss everytime with the same mechanics also...I fail to see the difference.

You do not speak for all players.

They are working on making a game mode that IS all about that "fast-paced exhilarating thrill. Honestly, I've never found LoR to be that at all, though.  Standing on switches, waiting for others to run bombs...just a snore-fest. And it's always the same thing each run.  And yes, the -Game Designers- KNOW the times that the game they designed records...as they designed it.

Scott was uncomfortable in devstream BECAUSE he knew how big an announcement this was and the kind of backlash they'd get.  He even said as much.  They wouldn't do this half-heartedly.  You don't work there, and you have no IDEA how many conversations they may have had about this decision before it was made.  Do not assume that just because you weren't a part of it it didn't happen.  That's arrogant.

Let's Keep The RAIDS! Warframe Community step-UP!! 

Hello everyone! i saw on devstream that DE was thinking to remove the Raids and this upset all my Clan/ Alliance and warframe members , i absolutely think that DE is doing a big mistake! RAIDs  kept high end player busy on helping newbies  (Like the Dark Sectors) playing as a teamwork and help growing  the warframe community, i think the reason is not because no one is playing raids ( big lie that was made-up please look at links  https://wf.christx.tw/  https://wf.christx.tw/JordasRecords.php?type=all) because DE is diverging all player on playing EDILON !

Like i say before when DE Developers created the Raids kept all players busy and still today me and members  love raiding i wish they would come-up with new maps like the Corpus Raid and other maps, i understand that they are running  out of ideas for price loot ( DE please ask for any ideas/suggestion on forum ) like with new Arcanes but i think that other alternatives   can be like adding  Riven Mods Weapons and more stuff, they can also create Cetus/Edilon Raids (but please 8+ players so it looks more like a real open world) make the game more challenging , create clan raids , Alliance Raids yes why not on Cetus/Edilon ,Developers use more imagination keep your clients busy make them happy.

Please leave a positive feed back lets fight for our Raids!

QODqnPp.jpg

They're not leaving permanently . They're getting pulled so they can rebuild Trials from the ground up so there doesn't have to be bug fixes and a brand new soft lock every patch.

Trials getting pulled is a good thing, sucks for people who do them a lot, but it'll be better when they return.

1 minute ago, trst said:

They're not leaving permanently . They're getting pulled so they can rebuild Trials from the ground up so there doesn't have to be bug fixes and a brand new soft lock every patch.

Trials getting pulled is a good thing, sucks for people who do them a lot, but it'll be better when they return.

Even if they come back better than ever we don't know when they'll come back. Look at dark sectors for example.

24 minutes ago, emblema said:

Let's Keep The RAIDS! Warframe Community step-UP!! 

Hello everyone! i saw on devstream that DE was thinking to remove the Raids and this upset all my Clan/ Alliance and warframe members , i absolutely think that DE is doing a big mistake! RAIDs  kept high end player busy on helping newbies  (Like the Dark Sectors) playing as a teamwork and help growing  the warframe community, i think the reason is not because no one is playing raids ( big lie that was made-up please look at links  https://wf.christx.tw/  https://wf.christx.tw/JordasRecords.php?type=all) because DE is diverging all player on playing EDILON !

Like i say before when DE Developers created the Raids kept all players busy and still today me and members  love raiding i wish they would come-up with new maps like the Corpus Raid and other maps, i understand that they are running  out of ideas for price loot ( DE please ask for any ideas/suggestion on forum ) like with new Arcanes but i think that other alternatives   can be like adding  Riven Mods Weapons and more stuff, they can also create Cetus/Edilon Raids (but please 8+ players so it looks more like a real open world) make the game more challenging , create clan raids , Alliance Raids yes why not on Cetus/Edilon ,Developers use more imagination keep your clients busy make them happy.

Please leave a positive feed back lets fight for our Raids!

I support you, but I doubt this will do anything considering there are 67 pages on the post where Megan said they're being removed and nothing has been done.

Also: this exists and nothing changed.

+1

1 minute ago, Sakarraa said:

Even if they come back better than ever we don't know when they'll come back. Look at dark sectors for example.

The difference between Trials and Dark Sectors is that DS needed to be worked into an entirely different concept. The click race to PvP/pseudo-PvP to tax-fueled drama couldn't return. Where Trials do need to be rebuilt they can reuse most of what has been made for them, plus the entire concept is still sound.

The PvP aspect of Dark Sectors was also replaced by Conclave where Eidolons aren't a proper replacement for Trials.

If people remain vocal enough about DE actively working on Trials then it's less likely to take several years. But maybe I'm being too hopeful.

Regardless Trials are a sorry mess right now and between the constant frustration from the community regarding them and how bad it looks for DE; they can't remain as they are.

But what they brought us for dark sectors is not appealing, after 3 year, and thats it? that's all we get, a 20 min race? all it is going to do if we get our hands on it is make the meta even more apparent, and show us that DE does not want to reward anyone properly by drip feeding us some @#$% reward. Like normal.

Archived