Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, j6laze said:

BS!!!! Even so, there's no real reason to remove it until the replacement was being implemented.

Also, why hasn't the Conclave been removed? It's so much worse than the trials and gets played even less.

I dont see Conclave breaking with every update, do you?

Il y a 5 heures, Airwolfen a dit :

I dunno... because it works and only needs some balance changes that 2 people manage in their spare time?

Its hardly on the same level.

Conclave still has a team dedicated to it + dedicated servers if I recall correctly while raids were hosted by players and had minimal work on them (patching major bug, but no more) Pulling the plug on Conclave would affect less people while saving on way more ressources as to raids that affect a great part of the veteran Community while using the time of some of the devs every patch.

Il y a 4 heures, Kaotyke a dit :

I dont see Conclave breaking with every update, do you?

Conclave may not break, but even while DE is doing all they can to promote it (i.e Last year event to get both Liset decoration) , its Community isnt growing. In the meantime, Raids that had no promotion at all from DE (but there release) did grown, would it be from different content creator help like @DarkSlayer313 or from Community like RSB that did promote the best they could the content of the game they liked

4 minutes ago, --Q--Simon said:

Conclave still has a team dedicated to it + dedicated servers if I recall correctly while raids were hosted by players and had minimal work on them (patching major bug, but no more) Pulling the plug on Conclave would affect less people while saving on way more ressources as to raids that affect a great part of the veteran Community while using the time of some of the devs every patch.

Not really. Changing a value of a weapon to preform better or worse based on live stats you get is a LOT less work then finding and fixing a bug. a full time programmer on other content can quite literally manage conclave on the side in the state that its in. look at the data. see what over performs.

Conclave at this stage is also extremely separated stats wise. so no change in the game is going to directly effect conclave and the other way around.

Even though the conclave playerbase is small. removing it could be an option sure, but doing so most likely clears minimal extra resources. at most some server space they already have and as the player base is small, probably is not all that expensive to keep up.

You could leave conclave alone and it will die out in playerbase WAY before the actual mode stops functioning due to bug pileup.

20 minutes ago, --Q--Simon said:

Conclave may not break, but even while DE is doing all they can to promote it (i.e Last year event to get both Liset decoration) , its Community isnt growing. In the meantime, Raids that had no promotion at all from DE (but there release) did grown, would it be from different content creator help like @DarkSlayer313 or from Community like RSB that did promote the best they could the content of the game they liked

Look, I get it. You guys are angry that they got taken off. I'm not happy that a game mode was taken out, to me it makes the game poorer in content.

If the Trials did NOT need fixes after some updates that broke them without meaning to I would be alongside those wanting them to stay, but that is not the reality of the situation.

Conclave has a separate code (AFAIK), so whatever DE does with the PvE codding doesnt effect it and vice-versa, they have a Conclave team that does the codding... how big is that team? A couple of people?

Trials were different, they were mixed with the PvE codding, so their PvE team had to look for it and let me tell you as a IT student: Building a line of commands is EASY, find an error and fixing it without having it effect the rest can take HOURS.

The saying "They promote Conclave but not Trials" is NOT an excuse, the Trials would still be a buggy unplayable mess if the right (or wrong) update hit. They should not be broken by updates that had nothing to do with them, where would be your "promotion" then? A promotion to something easily broken?

But the reality is this: DE took them out, there is nothing we can do about it.

But what what we CAN do, is remind them that there is a community out there that wants them back. So keep reminding them about it, ask for updates on their progress so they dont become like Dark Sectors, I will be right behind you all for more play options even if I wont play them.

Just for the love of God, be respectful about it, unlike some people I've seen around here.

47 minutes ago, --Q--Simon said:

"Dedicated team" as 2 specific people who work on it on their free time, not a different group of people working on it 24/7. Joebuck used to be THE conclave team before a second dev was added to it, and iirc, on a devstream he was also named as the main guy behind dual wielding with glaives, which is a small upgrade to the combat system of the game in both, PvE and PvP.

The dedicated servers are hosted by community members and not actually by DE, so they aren't using resources to keep servers running either, they just made the code needed to let players host their servers and that's it, no more effort needed in that aspect. Fun enough, there is a server management tool for players willing to host multiple servers which was entirely developed by a community member.

So you can see, saying that raids required less resources to be kept running than conclave is nothing but a fallacy born from the lack of information about how pvp works.

Conclave may not break, but even while DE is doing all they can to promote it (i.e Last year event to get both Liset decoration) , its Community isnt growing.

It's the PvE community that doesn't let it grow, just look at the undeserved hate that pops on reddit whenever someone posts something pvp related; to the amount of people toxically jumping into the Conclave Feedback subforum only to say things like "conclave should be removed from the game" or "conclave is still a thing?", derailing really well made feedback topics; just go to RSB itself, type "conclave" in the search bar and look at what pops in from that "amazing" community that teaches part of the game to both, new players and old ones who couldn't manage to get in it; or to people like this one in a thread which used to be in the conclave players helping players subforum and is a clear example of how "the best community of gaming" is a big reason to why the conclave community is growing at a slower pace than it could. 

About the promotion you talk, those events were a year ago, and while part of the community was really vocal about not wanting them back, another part of it claims that it was their reason to get started in pvp or the time where they had the most fun in it and would like to see them back. But what do we get? The same reward from one od these made available in the market without even bringing back the event for those who enjoyed it and would have played it even without rewards involved.

In the meantime, Raids that had no promotion at all from DE (but there release) did grown, would it be from different content creator help like @DarkSlayer313 or from Community like RSB that did promote the best they could the content of the game they liked

I'm sure that some content creators may have a bigger reach on the community than DE, i mean, not everyone is interested in devstreams, prime times,forums, reddit, whatever; while most people goes to youtube looking for videos on what to do next, how to do it, things they may bot know about it, etc. And even with that wider coverage from partners, DE claims that the raid community was still too small for the effort required to keep them going.

PS: I don't like the idea of content being taken out of the game, as someone who enjoyed things such as the gameplay of PvP dark sectors (which needed a huge balance rework that came with conclave 2.0) and Opticor Variant, I know exactly what raiders feel now, and think it's just disappointing to see them trying to make a point using a false equivalence with conclave.

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Look, I get it. You guys are angry that they got taken off. I'm not happy that a game mode was taken out, to me it makes the game poorer in content.

If the Trials did NOT need fixes after some updates that broke them without meaning to I would be alongside those wanting them to stay, but that is not the reality of the situation.

Conclave has a separate code (AFAIK), so whatever DE does with the PvE codding doesnt effect it and vice-versa, they have a Conclave team that does the codding... how big is that team? A couple of people?

Trials were different, they were mixed with the PvE codding, so their PvE team had to look for it and let me tell you as a IT student: Building a line of commands is EASY, find an error and fixing it without having it effect the rest can take HOURS.

The saying "They promote Conclave but not Trials" is NOT an excuse, the Trials would still be a buggy unplayable mess if the right (or wrong) update hit. They should not be broken by updates that had nothing to do with them, where would be your "promotion" then? A promotion to something easily broken?

But the reality is this: DE took them out, there is nothing we can do about it.

But what what we CAN do, is remind them that there is a community out there that wants them back. So keep reminding them about it, ask for updates on their progress so they dont become like Dark Sectors, I will be right behind you all for more play options even if I wont play them.

Just for the love of God, be respectful about it, unlike some people I've seen around here.

stop misspelling coding as codding!

Scott literally said he doesn't want to do trials anymore. They are covering up the harsh reality with a "nice" story that they will be back but they won't!! I've decided to play other co-op games and leave warframe "temporarily" as well. If they ever do decide to release 8-man raids in the original style then maybe I'll come back. But now, nothing to look forward to. Just skins skins skins alt weapons alt weapons. I don't care anymore.

2 hours ago, VanLyrr said:

stop misspelling coding as codding!

Scott literally said he doesn't want to do trials anymore. They are covering up the harsh reality with a "nice" story that they will be back but they won't!! I've decided to play other co-op games and leave warframe "temporarily" as well. If they ever do decide to release 8-man raids in the original style then maybe I'll come back. But now, nothing to look forward to. Just skins skins skins alt weapons alt weapons. I don't care anymore.

You cared enough to rant at me for... what? A misspell?

Oh well.

Spoiler

Codding

6 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

You cared enough to rant at me for... what? A misspell?

Oh well.

Reveal hidden contents

Codding

I wasn't ranting at you. I basically said you couldn't spell coding, which you obviously can't, and then took your "don't be angry understand the devs and keep asking for them to return them so they dont forget" bullcrap and gave my opinion.. Not caring had nothing to do with you but with updates not containing 8-man raids. 

Edit: and of course I care. I wouldn't get mad about it if I didn't. 

3 hours ago, VanLyrr said:

I wasn't ranting at you. I basically said you couldn't spell coding, which you obviously can't, and then took your "don't be angry understand the devs and keep asking for them to return them so they dont forget" bullcrap and gave my opinion.. Not caring had nothing to do with you but with updates not containing 8-man raids. 

Edit: and of course I care. I wouldn't get mad about it if I didn't. 

You were, instead of correcting me with a reasonable "Its actually spelled 'coding', not 'codding'." That would have been the end of it. Instead you went all agressive so... yeah, I had to poke fun at it.

"Bullcrap", yeah.... right. I call as I see it. And I did not say anything about "Dont be angry", I didnt say them to be calm, being angry is a right they have, you are now making things up.

And really, players against devs. What the hell can you do? Can you FORCE them to return the Trials? No. The only thing you can do is ASK. The game is theirs, our accounts are theirs, its all in the ToS and EULA.

So, no. Its not "bullcrap", its what it is. And your "opinion" was just your looking for a reason to rant.

Oh, and stop contradicting yourself. You either say you care or dont.

7 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

You were, instead of correcting me with a reasonable "Its actually spelled 'coding', not 'codding'." That would have been the end of it. Instead you went all agressive so... yeah, I had to poke fun at it.

"Bullcrap", yeah.... right. I call as I see it. And I did not say anything about "Dont be angry", I didnt say them to be calm, being angry is a right they have, you are now making things up.

And really, players against devs. What the hell can you do? Can you FORCE them to return the Trials? No. The only thing you can do is ASK. The game is theirs, our accounts are theirs, its all in the ToS and EULA.

So, no. Its not "bullcrap", its what it is. And your "opinion" was just your looking for a reason to rant.

Oh, and stop contradicting yourself. You either say you care or dont.

I care about the game, I don't care about updates if they don't add some interesting gameplay to it. Nothing contradicting about that.

Fine you didn't say don't be angry so sorry I mentioned that. It just annoyed me to read codding over and over and then telling us to just keep reminding them to re-add it. I'm sure you are always reasonable.

What I can do is play something else. I'm not gonna ask them to please return it, they didn't ask us if it was a good idea to remove them either. Yes they build the game, but we play the game and that's just as important. They just removed them, with no reasonable alternative or a gameplan on what they want to do with them in the future. All we know is they don't want to do this kind of content anymore and landscapes is where they wanna go from now.

Can we remove defection mission next. It's a buggy mess and literally nobody enjoys it. Going by DE's logic, I think it's apt to "temporarily" remove it. Also, unlike trials, defecation missions actually affects my experience of the game, since it is forced on me from time to time in sortie.

Archived