Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

Just now, Feltal said:

They care about conclave for some weird reason.

They understand their community so well they did this S#&$, have you seen this thread? Didnt even see this level of pissed after they removed vacuum.

I'm honestly glad that raids are being taken down to be worked on. Buses existing was a big glaring sign of how awful raids were to get into. Even with the buses you run into constant matchmaking issues where you disconnect from the host and you lose everything because the game can't reconnect properly.

Top it of with various critical reworks coming this year (damage, warframes, weapons, text rendering) and raids were going to end up in an even worse position.

I do hope they announce some new 8 player content though :)

Just now, DaxterSpeed said:

I'm honestly glad that raids are being taken down to be worked on. Buses existing was a big glaring sign of how awful raids were to get into. Even with the buses you run into constant matchmaking issues where you disconnect from the host and you lose everything because the game can't reconnect properly.

Top it of with various critical reworks coming this year (damage, warframes, weapons, text rendering) and raids were going to end up in an even worse position.

I do hope they announce some new 8 player content though :)

This is my problem with the entire thing, i'd be fine with trials being reworked (overjoyed even), but removing them? Seriously?

Let me get this straight...

- Trials are being removed without any form of replacement in the interim

- PoE is getting more focus over the rest of the game to further burnout of the content within

- Trials were also a good source of credits that didn't involve the slog that is The Index, so nothing is going to be a good source for that either

Yeah... definitely a good move here...

:/

2 minutes ago, mix0ta said:

They understand their community so well they did this S#&$, have you seen this thread? Didnt even see this level of pissed after they removed vacuum.

It seems like all they do now is replace everything with mundane content or no content ie. the void, PoE unvault, dark sectors, and now raids.

So in an attempt to make things "New player friendly", you give them access to Endgame / Near Endgame Gear / Missions while Taking away the only "Endgame" veterans have.

These new Eidolons better be some dark souls level fights or else this is going to be disappointing. 

giphy.gif

As a player who took off around the archwing patch and came back, all I can express is disappointment in this decision. I came back and one of the few reasons  i stayed was because there was a new raid, and i wanted to learn it. As part of a large and active clan/alliance, we regularly have people (myself included) known for hosting and teaching raids. Its SUCH a different way of hosting compared to a squad. Things like resource farming, eidolon hunts, and other such activities I'll often ask if people want to do it and then proceed to reject numerous people just because "Sorry squad full, pm these other guys who also couldn't join me", despite me wanting to run with only 3 of my friends or clannies. I love the environment of having 8 people together, even when I'm not teaching buses and we're just running them easily, it's about the community it fosters. Comparatively, Eidolons are lackluster at best, with players accidentally encountering them and being annoyed (i hear testimonials, people without an operator stumble upon them. WHY include non mr locked or special nodes to content they can't even do? It doesn't excite them, it discourages them that they have to both hit this new MR, and in order to not recieve complaints by others, create a rather laborious Amp (which they need eidolon kills or vombalysts in operator  mode for. When a new player joins our clans as I've found is that one of the things they want to do it raid. It's "endgame" yet also beginner viable. I've proven this, i have seen my friends make mr2 accounts and been helpful on raids. Most of us make jokes about it being the lost child of DE, as we've always had bugs, but it never mattered, it was fun, and it was fine without any bug fixes up till the last two patches affecting Raids, the "lor crash fix" admittedly broke everyone's warframe if someone left trial and made it harder to even host it, but that last one? Splendid. Fixing JV made so many more people want to join. But now? You're taking it away. I don't appreciate Eidolon hunts. You memorize a bunch of lure locations, bring them to the eidolon (they'll get stuck on everything and they don't teleport properly, I've moved 750m from them with no teleport) and then you sit and wait for vombalysts to spawn. Afterwards it's sub 10m of gameplay and they die. There's nearly anything to teach: find lure, bring it close to 50m, 3 vombalyst charges, operator, shoot 4 spots, repeat reapeat. Raids encouraged a community, 8 people together for an hour and communicating, to do all 3. Maybe I'm biased because we use discord throughout it, but it's a great way to make friends, sponser community, and have those really exciting moments when we all get energizes. Comparatively, eidolons imo hold none of the same glamour or attraction. It was also a viable alternative for some people, getting rares meant people coulf focus farm without buying affinity boosters without anything else to level, and those that hated the index could also get credits (1.2m in a 25minute reset JV run w/ booster? Yes please). And the lack of people running made arcanes a viable source of plat, i could spend those hours and not feel like i should've been prime part farming instead, where the normal best "rares" sell for maybe 20p and is discouraging. But that's my rant, let's see how long this "temporary removal" like dark sector conflict lasts. 

You're aware what you did here, right? 

Alteast make new rewards for the raids, don't remove them completely. This was our only endgame, and you're removing it. The Eidolons are nothing compared to the raids. 

I'm sorry, but I'll have to think about if I want to play and support this game, or just move on...

The thing i dislike the most about this change is the "shoving down our throat" more of the Plain content.. As a "new veteran" of the game.. I'm already tired of all this pushing in the direction of the plains.. Plains are the most repetitive thing ever.. Only thing I like about them is the mining and Fishing, because it removes you from the constant grinding.. 

I think if this is really the way they are going forward.. they just lost a customer.. I was on the point on buying a good amount of plat for supporting the game.. but I don't think that's gonna happen soon

Please DON'T shutdown the trial system DE you guy are killing the game. Just leave it like this and update other things is better. We only have 2 trial to play teamwork totally -_-! Otherwise this game will much more like an offline game with co op mode ( we need something to stream here )

hope can can still get ember rang past 15m as that the attack range for enemy that one shot ember. i like high risk high reward build so i don't want to use quick thinking. i got to be able to keep that 20ish world on fire range. if it get to small i wont want to run it.  so I'm hopeing onec it maxed is world on fire that it still at a range  i can work with

1 minute ago, RayxAyanami said:

So in an attempt to make things "New player friendly", you give them access to Endgame / Near Endgame Gear / Missions while Taking away the only "Endgame" veterans have.

These new Eidolons better be some dark souls level fights or else this is going to be disappointing.

Its a simple equation really, if a player has played enough to find the stuff in the game trivial with the exception of raids, if you then remove raids, said player will leave. Lets see how many players this applies to.

14 minutes ago, Twistedsparkle said:

oh yes I did invest time trying to investigate the mechanics
I also did join raid schoolbus and I had pretty pleasant time with them

but lemme ask you
why does the player have to do this?
it makes no sense creating so much intimidation for a game mode

it should be better accessible

Raids were the last piece of endgame left in the game. There is nooo endgame if everything is just handed out to new players. Nothing to fight for because its right in your face. IE, Meaning the playerbase will die, because theres nothing to work for. IE Destiny 2 2.0

9 minutes ago, Bastovic said:

Don't remove the current raids. Just don't. Add arcanes wherever you like, but don't remove the only content left giving a reason for veterans to login everyday and have fun in your game.

I tend to agree, personally the raids mean nothing to me but unless they actually represent a significant burden for DE to maintain, I don't see a reason to remove them. 

Im Really just going to stop playing the game at this point, everytime DE try's to reel players back in the do and then they end up screwing stuff up, i just got this game on pc too hyped to play with people to find out that i cant even move my stuff over either, or so ive been told. Stop removing stuff from the game and start adding stuff, you say all the blood sweat and tears when you guys are just sitting back and relaxing just taking more and more stuff away from the game, shame on you DE, hopefully you guys can make stuff better one day 

Just now, (PS4)Ian_1493 said:

Raids were the last piece of endgame left in the game. There is nooo endgame if everything is just handed out to new players. Nothing to fight for because its right in your face. IE, Meaning the playerbase will die, because theres nothing to work for. IE Destiny 2 2.0

Actually didnt think of that, a significant chunk of destiny 2s playerbase has left due to the lack of endgame, find it quite interesting that anyone would then find removing endgame a smart move.

Hello. I know this looks wrong since it is like my 5th post on forums, but I had to reply to this, because I don't think this is right.

I must say, I just couldn't agree less on this. Raids are what keeps Veterans from leaving the game. Its fun, interactive and gives quite good rewards. Its basically rewarding for the work you do in the raid. The raiding community, even though it may not seem, is quite huge. We do raids, we teach raids to new people and we have fun with it. For us veterans, Raids and Sorties are the only two things that we keep doing. We keep doing it, because it is fun. By moving arcanes to Terralyst, you are removing that fun. Arcanes are supposed to be rewards for something you need to work for. Anybody can kill Teralyst solo. It is not hard work. It is not work at all. It is just 5 minutes of you pressing left click on your mouse and it gets tedious. 

The conclave community has dedicated team that works on their stuff, so please let us work on ours. We have been waiting years for corpus raid. When you announced Nef Anyo assassination, we were hyped (at least I was). We thought that we will finaly get some love. We need this. It is the gameplay that keeps us alive. Many discord servers have raiding community where people met by raiding together and befriended each other. All that only because they raided with each other. Its a big community of people and you are basically saying "We just burned everything you like to ashes". This is wrong. 

If you want to know what happened seconds after this post was made: The link to this quickly spread across the whole community. All the discord servers are talking about it and I have yet to meet a single person that is happy with this change. People are actually weeping and its a complete chaos. You cannot do this to us, please.

I ask you in the name of the whole raiding community: Please, think of a better solution than this. This won't work and it is discouraging players from playing the game. I ask you again, please don't do this. Please.

(Sorry for my english)

First of all, this did not suprise me. Just a few days ago I was talking to a friend of mine and I told him I haven't done Trials in ages because Cetus takes up so much of my time. And I did advocate at the beguinning of this year that Warframe has WAY to much stuff and you need to start trimming down or else players (specially new ones) won't have any idea of what to do (Tactical Potato did talked about this in a video recently). Also, I can't say that I am sad to see them go, because I basically did them with the same frames, the same mechanics over and over again, which gets boring after a while... Just like the EIDOLON FIGHT right now.

So this statement caught my attention:
>On numerous Devstreams we have mentioned/discussed the future of Trials. On Devstream 75, Scott mentioned “We are looking to repurpose existing Raid content to make the game mode accessible for lower-level players while also preparing them for this end-game content as they continue to progress.”

This is very interesting because, this is EXACTLY what should be happening to the Eidolons! When the Teralist was first announced I thought you were going to make it a 4-8 player hunt just like Raids! Right now people have banded together and everyone know what frames to use and what to do to kill the Teralist (the two new ones we'll figure out soon enough) and THIS is exactly what happened in Raids! Either you know what to bring and what to do, or you are booted and have to do it solo (not raids. The eidolon fight... Which, let's face it, most can't).

This is the issue YOU need to adress: if Eidolons have become "endgame" and there are 3 of them you need to make the challenge scalable (look at Monster Hunter!). You need to make the regular 'approachable' by ANY frame (maybe MR above 15 or whatever MR is needed to get the Operator). Anyone who wants to fight him, or just to learn to do so, has to have a chance to do it. Even if it wants to do it solo! This will get him the basics to fight him and the necessary Quill standing to get a better Amp and better Operator Arcanes to them fight the next one (please, see Skill Up review on Monter Hunter World, or better yet, play the game to have a sense of what fighting a massive beast should be/feel like).

I want (just like you PROMISED) the Eidolon fight to be like fighting Lephantis. ANY Warframe can enter! All have skills that can help and be used and ALL have an input on the outcome of the battle. OTHERWISE, the Eidolons will meet the same fate as Raids: few frames can do it (nobody even ACCEPTS something that is not the "standard" combinations), few know how to do them, few want or need the rewards, few find the right squad (language barriers and server lags are a real thing), so very few do them... And then they die.

NOT happy with this decission...

Making everything newbie friendly cant be a lang term aim. why did i level nova, nekros, rhino, trinity and many other?

cause i used them there, now i can stick to one frame and to do even more repetitive eidolon hunts, they they are by far not so much fun because you always have the need to kill 6+ in one night, and that for acanes which are mostly useless and require even more farm (sentirum/nym/polymer....)

And it was fun to have a area, where you have experienced player teaching newbies new things (big thank to rsb oder other raid teacher). now it´s: get tww and amp, take down the eidolons shield and shoot it and this 4 times and as fast as possible....

i dont even want to start with als the bugs/error in poe, that´s even more a mess then jv currently.... long loading times, not spawning enemies, stuck drones, not opening door etc etc....

As long as there is no real alternative, this one of the worst decissions, an that temporary isnt making things better (looking and the still down dark sector...)

Archived