Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

This is not good news. The Trials were the last vestige of an endgame that Warframe had left, the only game mode that actually required coordination and communication, and now that's getting removed too. The need for harder content with exclusive rewards is now greater than ever. Emphasis on "harder", not "more grindy". Something for new players to look up to and aspire to do one day. I really hope you have something in the pipeline to fulfill that role, because otherwise good luck motivating people to stick with this game through all the grind you've put in.

Also, quit shoehorning stuff into the plains. You're making us play them more than enough as it is. Why can't the Kuva Fortress and Lua get any love? They're both such awesome, detailed tilesets that must have taken a huge amount of work to make, and there's zero reason to ever go there.

You know the problem with this? You get to shoehorn things into the plains.

Not everyone wants to spend every goddamn waking minute of their time in warframe in the plains. 

This is not even considering that there is no longer a reliable way to farm for the Brakk, there is no reliable credit source aside from the Index (which is so outrageously boring that _I did not even bother with completing the Glast Gambit_), Ash is going to be painful to farm, I could keep going.

OH and those arcanes you want to crowbar into the plains? 

_You know they're going to be one time use blueprints that need absurd plains resources to craft._

The DE way: take two steps forward, then about 40 back.

Please reconsider removing the raids. While you may deem them taxing, they're really not. Bugs or not, people will still raid as we always have done. Removing them is not the option.

What it seems to be from reading this as well as the weapon changes update in regard of crafting costs, you are trying to make everything revolve around PoE because it offers virtually nothing to the game other than another way to focus farm.

Removing raids for that is not the answer. The raiding community may be a small portion but it's a dedicated portion of the community devoted to raiding. Most of them like myself only play for the raids because the rest of the game content is lacking and not very fun, especially as it's limited to 4 players.

You will lose more players with these changes than you will gain.

What is DE thinking? Raids are the most challenging thing we have in the game and now it'll be removed, so Eidolons can drop the arcanes.. I'd rethink before doing that.
Raids are pretty much the only thing currently in the game that makes players cooperate with each other.

RIP ! Please reconsider this!

A lot of people are connecting daily for raids and are still really enjoying running them fast and optimized.

This is the only "Endgame" content that I actually enjoy and it would be a big mistake to even put an hold on it..

To be honest, if this goes live, I will probably also put Warframe on hold

You don't have to destroy our existing trial a lot of the fanbase still loves them and they are right now what represents the more for me an "end-game content" They aren't easy to learn but that's the point. We deeply need some REAL end-game in this game but eidolons are not hard to kill at all (i mean common you can't compare an eidolon and a WHOLE RAID). Please let us keep our trials, you should focus on creating new end game contents cause destroying what you think unworthy and moving the loot to a "temporary position" until you "do something better about trials" one day isn't a solution

Thinking about ways to let the new player having fun is good but please think a second about veterants we already have kinda nothing interesting to do and now you want to take our trials ??????????

I like how you huff weapons create new ones..... but there's litteraly NO PLACE where we can use them

Please go back on your decision

>> Says that raids drain their team too much
>> Almost never fix not even the slightest bugs that completely breaks them
>> Consistently update conclave and adds fixes and changes
>> Claims that only 1% of the players do raids

>> Conclave might have 30 people at its peak time on the other hand

>> RETIRE RAIDS INSTEAD

Nice logic!

You know, it wouldn't be that bad if DE had a new raid then put the arcanes in it instead of adding them to PoE, which adds even more grind to the already existing massive PoE grindfest. It gives the wrong impression that raids are being removed solely because 1: they need rewards for new Eidolons and 2: they want to push us even more towards PoE.

This raid removal cant go through. It can't. 

I've never had any interest in the Trials and personally I don't really care about them getting axed.

That said, outright removing them from the game is a really weird decision. They don't affect the rest of the game negatively, why can't they just leave them the way they are but declare them as unsupported content that won't get any fixes or other development before their complete overhaul?

I Raid JV and LoR and nightmare daily, i do so with my friends and clan, it is one of our clans main objectives. We speedrun trials.

The first (50) time(s) i stepped into the trials, i found them really buggy, confusing, not fun, glitchy, anticlimatic (1 shotting bosses....?) tbh one of my worst experiences in warframe.
After doing them for a few months and getting into speedrunning them, i could find them enjoyable, but that was due to the people i was playing with not due the the encounter itself.
Now i understand many people enjoy the trials itself and find them fun, and this all was only *warning* MY OPINION.

But i truly believe DE can make way more enjoyable quality trials that arent full of 100's of game breaking glitches, and one shottable bosses. (enjoyable for everybody, not only for those who do them under 12 minutes...)

I see this as DE FINALLY wanting to improve, fix and making the trials actually fun but this kind of nonsensical dramatic backlash and whining on the forums will kill any will DE has to finally improve these horrible bugnests. 
They specifically asked for constructive criticism from the old school raiding community because they want YOU to take part in the future and improvement of raids (You could actually make em better for speedrunning) not to whine like 2 year olds. Use this chance to actually make a good change that you want not just "NO DONT CHANGE ANYTHING I QUIT F*** DE".

I understand also that many people are worried and confused as to why DE will be "temporarily removing" the trials because this can mean that they will never come back, and this is a valid worry and i really would like that someone from DE would be able to somewhat reassure the playerbase that "This is NOT the end to Trials."  by giving some more clear information about these future trials and possible dates?

I think this is a terrible decision. Why on earth would you remove a subset of players? I don't think this is a good solution and really don't think moving Arcanes to Teralysts feels good. I really hope you don't shut down Trials. The track record of putting content on hold to be brought back later isn't good (R.I.P. Dark Sectors).

Just now, tarfeef101 said:

Ugh... Again removing something rewarding to those who put the time and effort in to master high level content, and feeding it to the masses... Disappointing for sure.

I wouldn't even care about the rewards, the Trials are the only part of Warframe that's not completely brainless and requires some coordination and communication among the team. They're just much more fun to play than anything else. Yeah, I imagine they do take dev work to maintain and such. Good stuff tends to have its cost. They're the only part of Warframe that I actually look forward to playing anymore.

Personally, I think Trials provide one of the few instances in the game where you get to engage in a long-format, challenging mission that requires a degree of skill, coordination, and cooperation with your teammates.  8 man squads are awesome, and although the puzzles in the raids are rather lackluster themselves, coordinating 8 players at high speed is a very fun experience that doesn't exist anywhere else in the game.  Even hour long Mot fissures require 0 coordination or cooperation.  Eidolons are fun for a bit, but they don't compare to trials when they're dead in 5 minutes and require very little thought once learned.  Spam killing the same "boss" 5-10 times an hour gets really old, really fast.

If you want to close up the Trials, then at least provide something to tide everyone over until they're brought back.  The hydrolyst that's being introduced could at least be an 8-man fight, with a daily reward reset and the capacity to kick your teeth in.  If Arcanes are gonna drop from them, then at least have the decency to time gate them to one of each tier reward per day.  Spam killing Eidolons to build arcane sets is a surefire way to burn out.

When it finally comes time to rebuild trials, maybe take a look at Destiny's Rise of Iron: Wraith of the Machine raid, and try to understand what made it so great.  Destiny expansions in general did raids far better than DE, and it's safe to say that D2's expansions and Anthem will have comparable quality.

With the most recent post by @[DE]Megan, Trials will be removed on February 28th, 2018. I am not going to beat around the bush here. Calling this a temporary future is a complete lie. Focus Transference and Dark Sector Armistice have also been "temporary" over the course of multiple years! The outrage over trials being removed has already taken shape, but aside from a few comments, I want to gather all Trial runners together here to voice opinions. I do not care whether you can do sub-12 minute speed-runs, casual 20 minute runs, or even 1 hour. If you enjoy trials, you have something in common with me and many others. Removing this content will be the greatest mistake since Specters of the Rail.

The Raid School Bus, also known as WFRSB has been the top driving force in helping people complete raids, as well as create an environment around them. They have shown through dedication from the beginning that Trials are not perfect, but they are definitely a chunk of this game that many players play. It is heart-wrenching to see this change being discussed. When [DE]Scott discussed pausing development on Trials, it made sense. Removing them is outright dumb and it creates a major hole for veterans just like Specters of the Rail did when it killed the Void.

Another sad death will be the Warframe speed-run community, which although small, is still a growing part of the community. They have even organized a charity stream "Tenno Without Borders" managing to raise an outstanding $1,551 dollars for the charity "Doctors Without Borders". If this change was to be implemented, this will kill the speed-run scene. This could also put on hold TWB event this year since many speed-runners are active raiders.

End-Game content in this game is very few and far between. You usually need to make the most of it by yourself or with some friends/clan mates. You have everything from spending money or platinum for cosmetic hoarding for Fashion, to pushing your limits in endless game modes. With Specters of the Rail, DE made it quite difficult for veterans to do endless missions while still feel rewarded for their effort and "blood sweat and tears". Trials provide this as well for people who wish to do meaningful content with communication and team cooperation.

I have to say, being a Veteran for 3 years now has been one of the greatest times I have had in games. I have a big concern though. The remaining end-game content is slowly dying, and the challenge of this game is completely disappearing. End-Game has become running Star-Chart missions with extremely overpowered gear and steamrolling mobs. The core of the game is repetitive with little variety. Newer players are handed the tools to reach "veteran" levels faster and faster. Replacing trials with Eidolons is almost identical to when DE killed the Void for Fissures. It frustrates many players, including myself to see anything with challenge go down the tube so "everyone wins". Plague Star killed the leader-boards for events, Fissures killed endless missions, and now a large, over-hyped, repetitive, tile-set on Earth is replacing one of the last examples of end-game for players. This has to stop. People need to have variety, and killing it so people play Plains of Eidolon will only push players away.

I want to bring everyone together to help give proper feedback and stop these changes from ruining a part of this game (no matter how big or small it may be to some people).

2 hours ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

If there was ever a signal to vets that they aren't appreciated in this game, it's this one. 

6 minutes ago, -VM-Fawxco said:

Raids are the only thing that alot of veteran players do daily. I really don't understand why they just remove them for now. So many people practiced in teaching raids, and now all that effort is gone. I don't get it...

I'm pretty sure not all veterans doing raids. I don't even oppose DE if they're closing the trials but I agree on some people who still wanna play the trials. Technically the raids are good but in the long run, those raids are not attractive on new players as well. The mechanics on finishing the raids is "pretty complicated" for those new players doing it. Why not close the Conclave also? Are the new eidolons enough to be challenging compared on the trials? I don't think so for experienced players. Are the current trials will be embraced more by the playerbase in the future? That's not gonna happen for sure. But if a small percentage of playerbase is playing raids, that's something wrong and must be fixed.

I'm pretty ok with the trials being "temporarily closed" even thou my stats are kinda nothing compared on some vets. If DE will replace raids with a 10x size of a teralyst boss, I'm cool with that. And/Or just leave the trials be accessible for 5-6 months and give us more endgame stuffs in PoE and the upcoming venus open world.Or just keep the trials until new mechanics/ new trials/ new big endgame stuff will be added on the game.

Meh, if it takes getting rid of raids to make arcanes more accessible, so be it. 

What I resented most about raids was the meta requirements. Having raid grous constantly fall apart because people weren't happy with the meta frames people didn't bring was annoying. Hopefully they break it up and add the content too other areas of game

Bravo DE you are the worst people on this planet right about now you guys keep removing content people enjoy : Void (for relics grind x5) ,Darksectors and Old PVP that i quiet enjoyed back in the day) and now you want to remove the only end game your dying game has to offer just so you can get some people to play probably the worst addition to warframe ever to exsist ever or how i would call it Plains of Embarrassment.

if i get banned or whatever i don't care i'm not going to support your game anyway.

Archived