Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

"is the only game mod that require actual team play, you can go solo in sortie, at eidolon hunt, you can go solo in everywhere else, but you CANT go solo in trials, you need team play there, communication with others for succeed, there is not other gamemod that require that kind of communication and teamwork, and DE is take it off from the game" wp :|

7 minutes ago, Aggh said:

Actually, it just makes the number of people playing raids more predictable.  So while it's not ideal and most likely not 100% accurate, you can kind of extrapolate the number based on mission data provided back in 2014.  With 7,818,888 registered users we had 504,213,139 missions run for the year.  Scale that to 2016's (when the 1.28% figure for daily raids was provided) 30 million registered users and you have ~1,934,596,603 for the year, ~5,300,264 per day.  So around 67,843 raids per day, assuming most players run both raids, that's 33,921 or ~3.3% of the player base taking part in raids on a daily basis.  And let's be honest, by now it's significantly less than that.  It's 2 years later and raids have not been getting more popular while the player base has grown by leaps and bounds.

Conclave requires a lot less resources to keep playable and frankly, they should shelve it.  It's well over due for a rework.

I see you know nothing, since the raids are getting more and more popular. The biggest Warframe Discord (which is actually official/unofficial main discord server for all platforms) has 30k members. The second biggest Warframe Discord server is actually a server dedicated only to raiding and nothing else with 15k members and still rising. 

Also, you cannot scale years, because players come and players go. When you go on Steam Charts, you can see how the number has changed. Not really.

2014 - 15k active users

2016 - 25k active users

Just this shows how you cannot scale 7 million people and 30 million people.

EDIT: What I am trying to tell you is that number of registered accounts is not anywhere close to number of active users, so your scaling has 0 credibility.

Just so I'm clear, those of us who like to just queue for public matchmaking and do stuff over finding groups, most of us are fine with coordination requirements.  There is in game voice, in game chat, you can communicate via those.  I'm the last one to drag a team down, I've probably got more hours doing raids in video games than some people have total hours playing games.  For me, it's been just a part of getting older, all that planning, commitments, etc, have no interest to me anymore.  Rely on others, get frustrated, so better to just avoid relying on others for me.

Now, I am not saying I think they should get rid of content that doesn't fit me, I don't think trials should be removed.  I'm just saying, these are some of the reasons why people like me, play the game a lot, but ignore this part of the game.  I'm assuming they want all of the content to be accessible by everyone, regardless of playstyle.  Hopefully they find a way to achieve this without hurting what you all like about trials.

Just now, BodyDanceStomp said:

I see you know nothing, since the raids are getting more and more popular. The biggest Warframe Discord (which is actually official/unofficial main discord server for all platforms) has 30k members. The second biggest Warframe Discord server is actually a server dedicated only to raiding and nothing else with 15k members and still rising. 

Also, you cannot scale years, because players come and players go. When you go on Steam Charts, you can see how the number has changed. Not really.

2014 - 15k active users

2016 - 25k active users

Just this shows how you cannot scale 7 million people and 30 million people.

If anything it kind of shows how close the estimate is to the number of people running raids.

Steam shows concurrent users, not daily users.

5 minutes ago, --BL--SKY said:

shutting down raids and forcing players to go to POE is not a good idea DE tsk tsk its like you already purging some of your loyal players... and this business will not last long if you keep on doing this to them 

If taking down two buggy 3 year old missions (so they can rework them and not have to keep on fixing and refixing them everytime the game changes) is enough to make them leave that can't be that loyal.

On one hand, I'm a teensy bit put out, given that I was thinking of starting trials again as an arcane farm. On the other hand, the reason that I've avoided trials is the attitude of some players:  Unforgiving, unpleasant, and intolerant.  Not all of them, not by a long chalk, but enough that I chose to stay away from raids until I heard of the Raid School Bus.

If I'd heard that they might drop Lander parts, I might have gone back in anyway, but I suppose it's too late now.

15 minutes ago, Aggh said:

If taking down two buggy 3 year old missions (so they can rework them and not have to keep on fixing and refixing them everytime the game changes) is enough to make them leave that can't be that loyal.

Most of us know that they are not going to fix anything and thats their fault we dont trust, moving arcanes to PoE is not a good indicative

11 minutes ago, Aggh said:

The last time they said something would be temporarily shut down was just before the dark sector’s armistice. Tell me, do you know any player that knows what the dark sectors were? Because they haven’t been in the game for 3 years.

Raids, on the other hand, are being removed “temporarily”. How long does that mean? Nobody knows, because no timeline was given. It could be 5-6 years at this rate before we even get a HINT of raids coming back, and by then the raiding community will be completely gone.

Much like dark sectors, Raids have a huge community around them. Take out the raids, and you lose a significant portion of the CONCURRENT playerbase.

If you lose the last of the endgame content in warframe (Teralists are a grind, not endgame. POE is a grind, not endgame), what’s the point of new players staying? All of the improvements to the new player experience will be a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Key said:

Most of us know that they are not going to fix anything and thats their fault we dont trust, moving arcanes to PoE is not a good indicative

What were they supposed to do?  Take them out and leave arcanes completely out of the game?  That would've gone over even better, huh?

4 minutes ago, TheOldOne said:

On one hand, I'm a teensy bit put out, given that I was thinking of starting trials again as an arcane farm. On the other hand, the reason that I've avoided trials is the attitude of some players:  Unforgiving, unpleasant, and intolerant.  Not all of them, not by a long chalk, but enough that I chose to stay away from raids until I heard of the Raid School Bus.

If I'd heard that they might drop Lander parts, I might have gone back in anyway, but I suppose it's too late now.

I dont want to sound any rude but there is no way and almost impossible to me believe that you were unable to find someone who share the way LoR has to be complete all this time. I am not the most social person but holy mother of god, I learned because some people took the time to show me every single step. Unacceptable and poor excuse.

People seem to be missing the fact that the raids are being removed because they're a buggy mess that takes a lot of time and resources to maintain with each update. The game definitely has some spaghetti code issues, sometimes changes that are implemented completely break some unrelated things. Remember when changing the Eidolon Teralyst to make it immune to SD caused the Orbiter doors to permanently lock shut? The removal of the raids temporarily will free up a lot of time to work on other things.

I'll concede that it's hard to trust DE to bring the concept back in the near future, but don't act like they don't have a reason.

17 minutes ago, Aggh said:

We didn't leave when DE decided to stop developping raids, neither when they constantly added new bugs in them without fixing the old ones, neither when they forced the PoE grind down our throat, the hema grind, the vacuum nerf, the removal of clan events leaderboards, etc - but how do you stick with a video game if they outright remove the game's content?

Veterans won't stay 3 more years just to play captura.

3 hours ago, Omega1084 said:

LoR and JV are part of the story too, they're continuations to events that happened in the story, and part of their reason for removing Raids is low player counts so Archwing and Defection should be gone as well since they want to save up on resources if that's the reasoning behind it.

I understand that you are mad regarding this, but that isnt what I ment with being part of the story. What I ment is that everything besides the raids are part of the story without any actual changes. Raids are raids, they are seperate "large" missions with their own mechanics.

No matter what, the numbers speak for themselves, and seeing as this game has very similar percentual numbers in their raid attendance to a now shut down game, it might be for the better that DE pulls the plug on the raids and spends those resources elsewhere, on things that may attract more than 3% of the daily playerbase.

3 hours ago, Omega1084 said:

LoR and JV are part of the story too, they're continuations to events that happened in the story, and part of their reason for removing Raids is low player counts so Archwing and Defection should be gone as well since they want to save up on resources if that's the reasoning behind it.

bleh double post.

1 minute ago, Aggh said:

Arcane helmets were taken out because they replaced that system with arcanes.

yet any way you go, my point is still valid
and i still have my arcane reverb helmet with an arcane energize set on it and im standnig by that (likely) 6,000 plat item

2 minutes ago, Key said:

I dont want to sound any rude but there is no way and almost impossible to me believe that you were unable to find someone who share the way LoR has to be complete all this time. I am not the most social person but holy mother of god, I learned because some people took the time to show me every single step. Unacceptable and poor excuse.

Actually, you sound a lot like the players who turned me off playing raids. "Unacceptable and poor excuse"?  Who are you to judge me over how I choose to spend my free time, and with whom?

Not only did I find a lack of help, I found many raid players to be so abrasive that I didn't want to go back.  So before you start berating me for my choices, please consider that I am not required to do a single blessed thing in this game that I don't find interesting, pleasant or amusing.

5 minutes ago, TheOldOne said:

Actually, you sound a lot like the players who turned me off playing raids. "Unacceptable and poor excuse"?  Who are you to judge me over how I choose to spend my free time, and with whom?

Not only did I find a lack of help, I found many raid players to be so abrasive that I didn't want to go back.  So before you start berating me for my choices, please consider that I am not required to do a single blessed thing in this game that I don't find interesting, pleasant or amusing.

Well, I am not JUDGING you about how and with who you waste your time, just saying that no way anyone can find a single person who want to teach about this part of the game.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I understand that you are mad regarding this, but that isnt what I ment with being part of the story. What I ment is that everything besides the raids are part of the story without any actual changes. Raids are raids, they are seperate "large" missions with their own mechanics.

No matter what, the numbers speak for themselves, and seeing as this game has very similar percentual numbers in their raid attendance to a now shut down game, it might be for the better that DE pulls the plug on the raids and spends those resources elsewhere, on things that may attract more than 3% of the daily playerbase.

I'm upset that DE is pushing away long-time players who gave the game the life it no longer deserves. I don't play Raids, I'm not interested in them, but they're breaking promises and going back on their word. Even if we put away the Raid argument this is just anti-consumerism and dishonesty.

Yes, the inaccurate numbers they pulled out, loaded to support their arguments and reasoning and have people defend them, if you actually listened and did the Math it wouldn't add up, the sample size and comparisons are not fair or even at all. Of course people play Raids less, because they can't be played more, because they have a daily hard cap, 1 run daily of each of the 3 Raids. If the RSB was able to do more than 3 daily raids they'd be doing them a lot more but that's not possible and that's why the numbers are skewed that way. To add to that, DE never advertised or pushed for people to do the Trials or properly taught anyone anything about them unlike the Plains or every other mission, of course people won't play them if they don't know that they exist. If normal missions were that way the numbers would be far different. I'm starting to think you're actively dancing around the points I'm making.

Either way, you yourself said it, it's its own content cloud separated from the game, they're taking them away to work on them, it doesn't make any sense to do that though. It doesn't affect the majority of the players right? They haven't been bugfixing them as often because they're much stabler now right? That means that they're not that big a drain on resources now, that means that they can just focus on other things. So the only reason that remains is that they want to push the Plains even harder. With how accessible and fun RSB is making Raids the far more boring Eidolons wouldn't pull enough people, that's the play here, not a lack of resources or manpower. 

Archived