Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

hey de if player reaction was so 'civil' as you say it was, why exactly are 14,000 players planning on leaving warframe and giving you one massive S#&$show rn? you ignore our comments shows us what any useful programmer would have as 2 months MAXIMUM of work on a system that has been been 'temporarily removed' for 3 years then shove it under the rug, honestly i do hope the 10s of 1000s of players that are planning to quit rn do its the only way you children will learn not to screw over your vets.

I must say, I was EXTREMELY disappointed by the Dev response in today's Devstream. Way to go DE, just killing off an entire community of passionate raiders for what? Woking on conclave which anyone barely even plays? This is straight up bullsh*t. There isn't going to be anything to do for people that raid. You are not even replacing them with ANYTHING... Straight up removing content people love to do. 

I'm done.

After devstream feedback, since none of my concerns were answered.

DE, you already last year stated that no work will be put into Trials and during this devstream, the question what kind of resources you're losing while leaving this mode active have not been answered aside from you losing more than there's use from the minor 15k+ community running them. I can see and don't blame you for wanting to move arcanes to different place, especially, if you have nothing better to offer for Eidolon recolours. There's nothing wrong with that idea. However, I don't see a reason, why just removing drops from raids all together and moving them to eidola, while leaving Trials non supervised and not in active state of maintenance would do to your resource spending. 

So why not do that? Move arcane drops from Trials, leave Trials as is, unfixed and unmaintained regardless of their state and let them die off from too many bugs, rather than just axing them? That would still let people who enjoy them, play them from time to time just for fun, while you can do whatever you planned for trials in house? 

1 minute ago, Stoner said:

I must say, I was EXTREMELY disappointed by the Dev response in today's Devstream. Way to go DE, just killing off an entire community of passionate raiders for what? Woking on conclave which anyone barely even plays? This is straight up bullsh*t. There isn't going to be anything to do for people that raid. You are not even replacing them with ANYTHING... Straight up removing content people love to do. 

I'm done.

Likewise. They spent 1 minute in Devstream to address a topic an enormous as this. 60 seconds to address 15k players. And in that time, Scott, twitching in his chair, gave no clear answers as to when or if raids would return and what would replace it in the meantime.

DE deserves salt for this. Much salt. Let the dehydration set in.

1 minute ago, Bankrotas said:

So why not do that? Move arcane drops from Trials, leave Trials as is, unfixed and unmaintained regardless of their state and let them die off from too many bugs, rather than just axing them? That would still let people who enjoy them, play them from time to time just for fun, while you can do whatever you planned for trials in house? 

I just can't see any professional outfit finding that in any way desirable, tbh. If something is in-game, it needs to be maintained, whatever it is or however the player base or the dev team feels about it.

That aside, can someone re-post the source on this 15k trials player-base for me? I've missed it somewhere, but I keep seeing 14k mentioned, 15k, 'tens of thousands'... which is it? Are they actually leaving? Is there some sort of digital protest I've missed? Is this actually a thing?

Let's just face the crude reality, DE doesn't give a F*** on veteran players, veterans don't spend money in the game, most of us have already built great platinum stockpiles to buy anything we'd need through trading, we don't give them money, so why develop or spend resources on something that doesn't give them money.

It's far more profitable to keep developing new "grindolons" with as many resources as the base game had and have the grind spiral going on forever, with new players replacing the old ones. That's the future of warframe, forget about any end game content... 

Today I'm changing my steam review to reflect the crude reality with Warframe and after 1839h played, I'll be leaving the game feb 28th.
Thanks for all the good times Warframe has given me, but I'm not sopporting this future...

The devstream was insulting to the raiding community, there is no other way to put it. They didn't read a single question from the chat and still refuse to give us a proper roadmap as to when trials would come back. The only clear answer we got is that the raids in their current state will be completely scrapped.

I really doubt there will ever be any more 2k hours hardcore veterans in this game. You can only enjoy farming gear and show off your captura fashion for so long. For me, warframe has lost its long term player retention as a cooperative game and it's a real shame.

You're all being quite dramatic. This is by no means the end of anything, and it's funny to me that so many of you who claim to be veterans aren't sticking around with the game you claim to love just because your shiny, buggy, and hard to maintain trials are getting taken away. Trials were by no means a valid endgame, and when you get to a point in the game where you can actually run them, there is no challenge at all. You run it once, and you can theoretically never fail it. (If everyone is operating to the fullest of their ability).

Saying there will be no challenge anymore after removing this is an accurate statement. Because once you attain enough power, nothing is challenging and everything is trivial.

That's Warframe in a nutshell. It's a power fantasy, and not even Trials are immune to the amount of cheese and monotonous ability spam we can throw at their enemies. All the trial boiled down to was a drawn out puzzle for relatively poop rewards and enemies you don't even have to worry about.

I'm not advocating for the removal of trials, but you all have to understand, they had a reason to do this. They've said it multiple times, and you all continue to ignore the facts, put on your tinfoil hats, and play the victim card of some grander scheme to run all remaining (1.5%) of veterans trial-runners out of this game.

Give me a break.

2 minutes ago, MisterFiddles said:

That aside, can someone re-post the source on this 15k trials player-base for me? I've missed it somewhere, but I keep seeing 14k mentioned, 15k, 'tens of thousands'... which is it? Are they actually leaving? Is there some sort of digital protest I've missed? Is this actually a thing?

Raid School Bus is 15k member discord community. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorPelusa said:

, veterans don't spend money in the game,

And here I am, spending about 200 euros on the game and knowing quite few that spend way more. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorPelusa said:

Let's just face the crude reality, DE doesn't give a F*** on veteran players, veterans don't spend money in the game, most of us have already built great platinum stockpiles to buy anything we'd need through trading, we don't give them money, so why develop or spend resources on something that doesn't give them money.

It's far more profitable to keep developing new "grindolons" with as many resources as the base game had and have the grind spiral going on forever, with new players replacing the old ones. That's the future of warframe, forget about any end game content... 

Today I'm changing my steam review to reflect the crude reality with Warframe and after 1839h played, I'll be leaving the game feb 28th.
Thanks for all the good times Warframe has given me, but I'm not sopporting this future...

Bye, don't let the door hit etc.

hace 3 minutos, Bankrotas dijo:

And here I am, spending about 200 euros on the game and knowing quite few that spend way more. 

You're probably one of a few, I bet most veterans have acquired good amounts of plat with vaulted sets, acolyte mods, etc... But I may be wrong...

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Trials were by no means a valid endgame

That's subjective. You're endgame might be that ridiculous fashion frame or even sorties. For some people, running raids is their endgame. It's different for everyone because Warframe has a problem really defining where is this endgame at. Personally I think "endgame" is a place or something you can spend an enormous amount of time on and still coming back to it after there isn't much to do. Raids were my endgame. 

7 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Saying there is no challenge anymore after removing this is an accurate statement.
Because once you attain enough power, nothing is challenging and everything is trivialized.

That's raids for you. Once people learn how to do them, what are the best combinations etcetc, it becomes much easier. I agree though that they need a revamp but going as far as removing them? Nah, that isn't fair.

6 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You're all being quite dramatic. This is by no means the end of anything, and it's funny to me that so many of you who claim to be veterans aren't sticking around with the game you claim to love just because your shiny, buggy, and hard to maintain trials are getting taken away. Trials were by no means a valid endgame, and when you get to a point in the game where you can actually run them, there is no challenge at all. You run it once, and you can theoretically never fail it. (If everyone is operating to the fullest of their ability).

Saying there is no challenge anymore after removing this is an accurate statement.
Because once you attain enough power, nothing is challenging and everything is trivialized.

That's Warframe in a nutshell.

I'm not advocating for the removal of trials, but you all have to understand, they had a reason to do this. They've said it multiple times, and you all continue to ignore the facts, put on your tinfoil hats, and play the victim card of some grander scheme to run all remaining (1.5%) of veterans out of this game.

Give me a break.

The point is that even with all the cheesy mechanics, raids require coordination. Nothing else in the game does, it's as simple as that. It may not be a viable endgame, but it's still much closer to endgame than anything else the game has to offer.

1 minute ago, Bankrotas said:

Ummm. But I'm sorry Bus community, I'm part of that, and I'm not leaving. I love what all of you (especially the bus drivers) have done for raiding. But I simply stayed for simplicities sake would I ever like to go for another run. Only did LoR though. once I think, maybe twice. And I can guarantee you that a large part is people who have already left the game or only joined because of the one time cosmetic. I'm sorry, but its true.

15000 players are not suddenly going to leave now. Its a shame but.... most of that number probably does not really care that much. They may think its a shame, I do, But life will continue, warframe life, will continue.

May you people who decide to leave find something that can ignite the same passion in you. The same passion that for me is a drive to keep playing this game.

Just now, Bastovic said:

I really doubt there will ever be any more 2k hours hardcore veterans in this game. You can only enjoy farming gear and show off your captura fashion for so long. For me, warframe has lost his long term player retention as a cooperative game and it's a real shame.

Not to start a squabble, but I'm on well over 2k hours and I'm not a trial runner, and I don't run multi-hour endless, which are both considered veteran occupations... the majority of time I've actually spent on WF in the last 6 months been on the PoE content, and messing with the new mods, weapons, etc. Everyone has different interests y'know? I balance WF with other games and I'm still happy to put the time and plat in when something catches my eye... and I'm not going anywhere. I don't disagree that it's a shame you feel you're losing your reason to stay, but at the same time I'm not sure it's going to be the end of *all* vets either. Some, certainly, but I fully expect a lot of those who do leave are going to be on the Eve-Online style boomerang and log back in down the road. :)

I can see some chat about vets spending Plat too... I've spent more trade-plat than I have paid-plat, but when I looked a few months back, I'd spent a good £140ish on plat since starting a few years ago, and I've definitely bought one or two plat packs since then just to save time (I farmed 3/4 Mirage Prime parts just recently and hit warframe.market for the 4th, for example). That's gotta be at least one full-price game's worth of plat per year since I started, if not a little more.
When I'm busier and more flush with cash, I'm almost certainly going to do it again.

17 minutes ago, Bankrotas said:

Ah, thank you! And is there an organised protest over there? I'm not a member, so I can't check myself, but *is* there in fact a mass walkout planned? Is that a fully active community or are there a lot of people in the membership just going 'I'll sign up to this so I get the @everybody' ? 

Again, this isn't snark, I'm genuinely curious to know if that *is* a 15k community going dark overnight, or if that might not actually be a reliable metric.

1 minute ago, DoctorPelusa said:

Maybe you leave before me, who knows, you just got 6 messages here and I don't have any idea of how much playtime you have, but from my experience, most players leave the game before reaching MR18

Well I'm just few thousand mastery points from MR17 and I'm pretty positive that I will stick around long enough to reach 18.

Never tried a Trial myself. There was a time I wanted to give them a go, until I watched some LoR guide video. Holy heck did it look terribly designed. Like, Defection and Salvage level of terrible.

Something tells me that most people are more angry about their Arcanes losing their value than the actual missions getting axed.

3 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Well I'm just few thousand mastery points from MR17 and I'm pretty positive that I will stick around long enough to reach 18.

Never tried a Trial myself. There was a time I wanted to give them a go, until I watched some LoR guide video. Holy heck did it look terribly designed. Like, Defection and Salvage level of terrible.

Something tells me that most people are more angry about their Arcanes losing their value than the actual missions getting axed.

Something tells me you should play trials at least once (with discord) before you can claim to have an opinion.

Archived