Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

To me the answer looks so simple and straightforward tbh.

1. Leave trials as they are instead of removing them 'temporarily' to please trial enthousiasts, don't mind about the bugs, I believe the players won't mind either if they get to keep the trials in return.

2. Add the arcanes to the drop list of Teralysts as planned, players can choose to play what they like best. Everyone happy!

Why would you ( [DE] ) remove the trials until you have a better reward for them? Just let them be, you can still implement the new rewards and other changes when the time has arrived, what reason is there to remove them in the meantime when you can just let people enjoy them as they are while we wait?

And who knows, maybe the Teralysts dropping arcanes will draw in (ex-)raiders naturally. The point is to let the players decide, not make the decision for us.

Thanks for reading

Oh, how i wish there was a downvote button here.

The weapon balancing was the good news, and this is supposed to be the bad news?

All the time spent daily farming the arcanes will be now accessible to a low-level players with no skill required? How much everyone did a raid, and got their arcane, especially some good one, now will be absolutely worthless and accessible by....oh no.

Raids / Trials are the ONLY endgame content this game has. That and lame sorties with their even worse rewards. Everything you do is only for the new players, but ignore the fact, that a lot of us are in endgame, but give us no endgame content. No, even worse, YOU TAKE IT AWAY FROM US.

This is totally outrageous and i think you should reconsider doing such a bad decision.

Worst thing is, that i have absolutely no trust in "temporary remove". Exactly like the dark sectors, they are gone for years, and never came back. Removing an endgame content is disgusting. *spits*

1 minute ago, disco_inferno6 said:

Something tells me you should play trials at least once (with discord) before you can claim to have an opinion.

I doubt that watching someone else stand still while spamming one ability is vastly different than doing it myself.

But now that you mentioned it, I've been planning to give LoR a try for sh**s and giggles. Oh, and for the badge as well. You can be sure I'll join you and the other 1,5% (I can bring some extra pitchforks!) if I actually find that stuff worth keeping but don't hold your breath.

I've enjoyed playing raids on a daily basis as one of my main activities in Warframe for a long time now. I've enjoyed teaching hundreds of people how to do them, and have greatly cherished the community around them. And now that's just being thrown away, despite the many people wishing for otherwise with many good points.

Countless hours, effort, and stress has been put into establishing communities such as Warframe Raid Schoolbus which hold raiding as their centerpiece for a reason to exist. Tens of thousands of people have cared about this, even despite the buggy nature and often lacking support from DE regarding trials. A lot of these people are veterans which are already often treated poorly in terms of end-game content in Warframe. 

One of DE's main reasons to remove raids is because there is a very small statistical minority that plays raids. While that may be true, (and RSB is currently working on getting these statistics) I believe that there are better alternatives than essentially just scrapping it. I'm sure the entire raid community would much rather have a buggy raid than a nonexistent raid, and considering that a lot of these people have provided and have continue to provide great value to the Warframe community in various ways, I struggle to see good reasoning behind removing the Trials rather than at least letting them continue to exist. I'd much rather not wait another 3 years for a demo like the Dark Sector, which is a whole other issue in itself.

Other than happening to find a raid blueprint in the market, the only way that players really find out that raids even exist is by word of mouth. There's hardly any "advertising," if you will, for raids. So of course there's a lack of players, how are they even supposed to find out that raids exist in the first place? Like I said, just word of mouth, that's about it. DE has said that these new Teralysts will "mirror the Trials in terms of coordination and difficulty" or something along those lines. Personally I doubt that, but if DE really is trying to go for that, I suggest putting emphasis on the communication and coordination aspects when designing the gameplay for these new Eidolons. I'd say those two things are the primary emphasized aspects of raids which make them what they are; communication and coordination. 

Clans and raids have been the two things I have cared most about in the Warframe community. Both of which take up a LOT of my spare time and energy to coordinate and assist with. Hell, at the moment I would say it's taking up the high majority of my time every day. However, neither of these things appear to receive much support from DE in terms of improvements and active maintenance. There are a lot of completely unnecessary elements in the clan user interface (For example, Officers without the permission to expel members from the clan have the apparent option to, even though they actually cant.) which have gone unattended for years now, and value in Alliances is lost other than the aspect of having a larger community. I've loved this game like no other for a long time now, currently counting up to a total of 2,550 hours in-game at the time of writing. I've often viewed DE as developers that listen to their community and take their feedback into consideration, and really, I think they still do. I think they're much better than a lot of other developers, if you ask me. But all of this is just a slap in the face, and it's really frustrating. I doubt that they will at this point, but I sincerely hope that DE reconsiders their decision. 

hace 12 minutos, Pr1A dijo:

Well I'm just few thousand mastery points from MR17 and I'm pretty positive that I will stick around long enough to reach 18.

Never tried a Trial myself. There was a time I wanted to give them a go, until I watched some LoR guide video. Holy heck did it look terribly designed. Like, Defection and Salvage level of terrible.

Something tells me that most people are more angry about their Arcanes losing their value than the actual missions getting axed.

Believe it or not, I've barely sold any arcane I've got, I can get twice as much from selling vaulted sets, or acolyte mods. For me LoR, was something, something where the clan would gather around and play together, were each warframe has their unique function, and everyone had to cooperate to perform properly. But most importantly, they were something different from all the other mission types in the way you played them and you felt while playing them.
Ofc they get repetitive once you've made them a few times, but at least for me, their three stages design make them more dynamic and fun than a regular mission.

Real time edit as the team works on finalizing the Shrine of the Eidolon update:

Arcanes will not be added to the Teralysts in the planned Shrine of the Eidolon update today. We want to make sure we fix some exploits first to avoid destroying the Arcane market. You can still get Arcanes from Trials for now.

Also worth nothing that this is an upcoming feature for Arcanes (not today):

Just now, DoctorPelusa said:

Believe it or not, I've barely sold any arcane I've got, I can get twice as much from selling vaulted sets, or acolyte mods. For me LoR, was something, something where the clan would gather around and play together, were each warframe has their unique function, and everyone had to cooperate to perform properly. But most importantly, they were something different from all the other mission types in the way you played them and you felt while playing them.
Ofc they get repetitive once you've made them a few times, but at least for me, their three stages design make them more dynamic and fun than a regular mission.

I couldn't agree more with this. I've never bought or sold an arcane and am currently sitting on 30+ energizes and 40+ graces. I could care less about them becoming devalued because of DE intention to move arcanes to Eidolons. What I care most about is logging in everyday at reset time (7 PM ET) to do raids with my daily raid group. We formed such a strong bond, and now with DE threatening this bond and other communities at like, I have no choice but to push back as hard as possible until DE relents or until D-Day arrives.

11 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

I doubt that watching someone else stand still while spamming one ability is vastly different than doing it myself.

But now that you mentioned it, I've been planning to give LoR a try for sh**s and giggles. Oh, and for the badge as well. You can be sure I'll join you and the other 1,5% (I can bring some extra pitchforks!) if I actually find that stuff worth keeping but don't hold your breath.

That 1.5 % you're talking about is thousands of active players that have a deep knowledge of the game and so many of them helping new players such as you to understand it better. But with that attitude of yours I have no intention of meeting you in raids and I made sure of that.

Enjoy your arcanes from the eidolons.

Enjoy warframe.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Real time edit as the team works on finalizing the Shrine of the Eidolon update:

Arcanes will not be added to the Teralysts in the planned Shrine of the Eidolon update today. We want to make sure we fix some exploits first to avoid destroying the Arcane market. You can still get Arcanes from Trials for now.

Wow, neat.

Finally moving away from having them bound to specific cosmetics and helmets.
I like it.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

FINALLY! I needed this so long ago,

1 minute ago, DoctorPelusa said:

Oh, I certainly understand that Trials do have a huge community aspect on them.

But think yourself as a dev for a moment: would you really want to scour through a big, messy pile of spaghetti code every time you want to do something with content that people actually play, just to make sure that some extemely niche mission type doesn't become entirely unplayable?

I found DE's decision rather weird but the explanation they gave us in the stream was quite reasonable from a dev point of view. It's perhaps slightly cynical to kill off communities like this but s**t happens, this isn't the first time in the MMO history when niche communities got the short end of the stick.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

what about arcane helmets ???

So because not enough people playing Plains, and many people playing Trials, you move the Trial rewards to Plains, because you think more people will play Plains? Probably this is the reason. I can only say, who doesn't enjoy Plains, won't play it. So please don't remove trials, you can move the rewards to Plains if you really want, but keep trials.

If you're serious about putting Trials only on temporary hold, outside of the main game -

Do not introduce those Arcanes into Eidolons. Because that's when we will know, that the Trials will never return, and Arcane prices will plummet.

Keep those on hold as well. Plat inflation & artificial scarcity is a good thing for you guys, to be brutally honest.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Shame, I was hoping eventually for that Arcane Enhancements on other cosmetics idea to flesh out, since Teshin has had cosmetic armor that f2p players could obtain. Still, this was an oft requested feature and I am glad that DE is making a move to cover those requests.

After watching that devstream it's obvious that the Trials are gone forever.

So speaking about our future, what about an "endgame raid" with the 3 eidolons that we'll have now? Like making them to fight together agains the players (not being passive like now) and having one invulnerable until the other 2 dies or something that can actually be a damn good challenge? Because right now you can solo the terralyst.

In the other hand WTF is that "dark sectors" thing? Looks like a copy of Diablo 3 Great Rifts lol!! 3 years to make some tilesets connect each other in a race against the clock (20min) with the single point to recharge some weird "things" in each tileset with your shields while fighting a bunch of enemies (and you guys showed us that Rhino will handle that easily)? Thats all? 3 years for that? Thats our new endgame content in exchange for the Trials? Be honest with us, you actually made that "dark sector thing" the last week/month because you knew that the raid community was going to be upset as f~#€! And the worst part of this is that you took the idea from one of the worst games in the market.

Archived