Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

4 minutes ago, Jak6 said:

DE doesn't pay for servers regarding raids either.

The argument here is that somehow there's a large amount of resources going to conclave so it should be shut down like raids were.  DE not paying for servers is relevant because it would be a pretty significant investment into something that isn't utilized by much of the player base.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I didn't realize players could maintain console servers for conclave.  Or that players could maintain the abilities of every new warframe and weapon and its interaction in PvP.

Or does that not count as maintenance?

The amount of work that acutally goes into it is non consequential or they would've canned it just like they're canning raids.

I'm glad to see DE aren't afraid to take a risk and cut the current buggy, broken and bad Trials, I hope to see better endgame content in the future! Really wish more people could see the opportunity being offered here instead of shortsightedly focusing on the temporary loss of what they have for now.

Just now, (Xbox One)Karolus XII said:

Conclave doesn't use as many resources as raids tho. That's a fact.

Good luck with that argument. DE Has a dev team for conclave vs a few devs doing random fixes for raids with provided troubleshooting from the RSB community to assist in order to get bug fixes done easily..

6 minutes ago, Jak6 said:

Good luck with that argument. DE Has a dev team for conclave vs a few devs doing random fixes for raids with provided troubleshooting from the RSB community to assist in order to get bug fixes done easily..

Evidently, Conclave requires less resources than raids do. Otherwise it'd be conclave being removed and raids staying in the game. So, make of that what you will. The Conclave Discord does the same if not more amount of work compilating ips spreads against frames and cataloging every difference between displayed damage in the arsenal and actual damage done in game. We'd also done a tremendous amount of work determining how abilities interact with each other. We constantly make threads in conclave feedback about the bugs or issues we encounter in conclave.

1 minute ago, Jak6 said:

2 people doing number tweaks and bug fixing IF a bug appears. The conclave team works in PvE stuff too (Joebuck, their leader was one at charge of glaive dual wielding) and dedicates to pvp mostly on their free time, I wouldn't say that it compares to the whole pve staff working on fixes for different bugs affecting raids and glitches on them every time they re-appear after being thought as fixed. If something, having such a small team only shows how small is the upkeep needed to maintain conclave when compared to PvE stuff, like raids since no one else has to worry about it.

12 minutes ago, Auraelus said:

I hope to see better endgame content in the future!

I think DE is glad to see that their players stupidly believes that they're going to put some endgame content at all hahahaha!! C'mon man, when or where did you saw than DE will put some endgame content? I have 2 years in the game and never saw something like that in devstreams or forums, all the things are for midgame not endgame (being the engdame a playstyle that requires at least coordination against strong as f*** enemies and/or bosses with brain-breaking puzzles... Oh wait! Those were the Trials that they didn't fixed, improved and will be removed lol).

2 minutes ago, Seinra said:

I think DE is glad to see that their players stupidly believes that they're going to put some endgame content at all hahahaha!! C'mon man, when or where did you saw than DE will put some endgame content? I have 2 years in the game and never saw something like that in devstreams or forums, all the things are for midgame not endgame (being the engdame a playstyle that requires at least coordination against strong as f*** enemies and/or bosses with brain-breaking puzzles... Oh wait! Those were the Trials that they didn't fixed, improved and will be removed lol).

You can be as cynical as you want, it's not gonna change what's happening and clearly the majority of players think this change is a good thing or at the very least don't care about the awful Trials :)

I'm very happy with the recent content DE has been releasing and I see no reason to doubt that they'll continue producing quality content.

hace 1 hora, Pr1A dijo:

Oh, I certainly understand that Trials do have a huge community aspect on them.

But think yourself as a dev for a moment: would you really want to scour through a big, messy pile of spaghetti code every time you want to do something with content that people actually play, just to make sure that some extemely niche mission type doesn't become entirely unplayable?

I found DE's decision rather weird but the explanation they gave us in the stream was quite reasonable from a dev point of view. It's perhaps slightly cynical to kill off communities like this but s**t happens, this isn't the first time in the MMO history when niche communities got the short end of the stick.

That extremely niche mission is essentially the reason many veterans play the game daily and keep engaged into warframe, it's not about retaining an extremely niche mission, is about not loosing your veteran playerbase; as I said before, seems like DE just wants a continuous flux of newplayers, where those who join replace those who leave, and it's not interested into retaining them. 

But anyways, I'd love to see stats on how many people actually play conclave, hijack, or defection missions daily, considering they're extremely more exposed in the star chart and the orbiter than trials are, why don't we get rid of them too?  
Bringing out the fact that few people play raids is just a fallacy to justify themselves, when they haven't actually made any effort to promote them and introduce them to new players reaching endgame, nor adding hints to make their learning easier (just like Onko does with eidolon fights), many people don't even know of their existence...

2 minutes ago, DoctorPelusa said:

That extremely niche mission is essentially the reason many veterans play the game daily and keep engaged into warframe, it's not about retaining an extremely niche mission, is about not loosing your veteran playerbase; as I said before, seems like DE just wants a continuous flux of newplayers, where those who join replace those who leave, and it's not interested into retaining them. 

But anyways, I'd love to see stats on how many people actually play conclave, hijack, or defection missions daily, considering they're extremely more exposed in the star chart and the orbiter than trials are, why don't we get rid of them too?  
Bringing out the fact that few people play raids is just a fallacy to justify themselves, when they haven't actually made any effort to promote them and introduce them to new players reaching endgame, nor adding hints to make their learning easier (just like Onko does with eidolon fights), many people don't even know of their existence...

Conclave isn't getting removed because it has a higher Cost/Benefit ratio than raids do lmao.

All the replies are absolutely mind-blowing. You go through this thread and see the word "veteran" thrown around as if every single veteran player in existence agrees with whatever silly point is trying to be made. 
I played on PC in 2013, moved to PS4 in 2014 and have been playing since. Veteran, no?
I can live without trials. DE making leeway for better, revised and more interactive raid activities was so refreshing to hear. The slew of buffs coming to weapons and changes to warframes, all of it without fail is exciting. If only 1 part of a game like this drives you to play it, then I reckon it isn't the game for you anymore. Those threats to quit were probably already sitting on the edge of a cliff for years now. Lol

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Karolus XII said:

Conclave isn't getting removed because it has a higher Cost/Benefit ratio than raids do lmao.

Do you have to put some platinum to play it? Do you need to have +150hs of farming to equip your warframes to play it? Where is the benefit for playing Conclave? Do I get something more than cosmetics that will help me in the game? For what I know Conclave doesn't affect the game at all because it is like a different game... So where is the content for veterans in the game?

EDIT: I forgot, it is being removed.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Noiverns said:

If only 1 part of a game like this drives you to play it, then I reckon it isn't the game for you anymore. Those threats to quit were probably already sitting on the edge of a cliff for years now. Lol

Perhaps, but even if that were the last thing keeping some veterans playing, the veterans were still playing. And if they were still playing, they would continue to spend plat on cosmetics to show-off their new costumes to their fellow raiders. Sadly for many, raids are the last thing that keeps them going, because it's dynamic, intensive, and requires cooperation and teamwork (unlike everything else about the game).

7 minutes ago, Seinra said:

Do you have to put some platinum to play it? Do you need to have +150hs of farming to equip your warframes to play it? Where is the benefit for playing Conclave? Do I get something more than cosmetics that will help me in the game? For what I know Conclave doesn't affect the game at all because it is like a different game... So where is the content for veterans in the game?

EDIT: I forgot, it is being removed.

I've done all 3 of the raids and I've met 0 of those requirements to do the raids. It's really showing that despite the monetary and time investments players make(which puts money in DE's pockets) to be "raid ready", the raids are still being removed. It's humorous to me. It's also very telling to see so many people lash out at Conclave despite it having 0 involvement with the decision to remove raids. Those dastardly conclave players, always scheming to remove PvE content.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Karolus XII said:

I've done all 3 of the raids and I've met 0 of those requirements to do the raids. It's really showing that despite the monetary and time investments players make(which puts money in DE's pockets) to be "raid ready", the raids are still being removed.

Now you see that they didn't improved the engame at all? I don't have anything against Conclave, I'm angry as f*** for not having endgame and getting the most similar thing to endgame in this game being removed.

3 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

because it's dynamic, intensive, and requires cooperation and teamwork (unlike everything else about the game).

dunno if we’re playing the same game? i coordinate for sorties, for teralyst, for farming and whatever else. props if you like solo play but saying there is no cooperation and teamwork in this game we are currently talking about is such a narrow minded way of going about this. And I will say like others have cause I noted too, standing on plates and solving static puzzles aren’t all that dynamic. MP, EV and Disarm aren’t all that intensive. Just a lil quibb on that lmao

2 minutes ago, Seinra said:

Now you see that they didn't improved the engame at all? I don't have anything against Conclave, I'm angry as f*** for not having endgame and getting the most similar thing to endgame in this game being removed.

You should be really angry that the real endgame (Dark Sector Conflicts) was removed 3 years ago.

What puzzles me is why is conclave being so frequently brought up in this thread if it has nothing to do with raids?

Just now, (PS4)Noiverns said:

dunno if we’re playing the same game? i coordinate for sorties, for teralyst, for farming and whatever else. props if you like solo play but saying there is no cooperation and teamwork in this game we are currently talking about is such a narrow minded way of going about this. And I will say like others have cause I noted too, standing on plates and solving static puzzles aren’t all that dynamic. MP, EV and Disarm aren’t all that intensive. Just a lil quibb on that lmao

Do you know that you can solo the terralyst-sorties-kuva farming once you have nice mods? Check youtube :v What the veterans wants is endgame content that you CAN'T solo, something to play with friends that you can't play without coordination.

3 minutes ago, Seinra said:

Do you know that you can solo the terralyst-sorties-kuva farming once you have nice mods? Check youtube :v What the veterans wants is endgame content that you CAN'T solo, something to play with friends that you can't play without coordination.

The fabled Veterans right? The High Council of Veterans. Sure 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Karolus XII said:

You should be really angry that the real endgame (Dark Sector Conflicts) was removed 3 years ago.

What puzzles me is why is conclave being so frequently brought up in this thread if it has nothing to do with raids?

Have you ever played other games with Raids? Raids NEEDS to be hard because they are for veterans that doesn't have nothing else to do in Warframe, this game was not having good bosses and thats why the raids were born, but now DE thinks that their terralyst are hard enough and those things are not hard! If they are going to remove the Trials then I want those Terralyst fighting together agains the players with both GOOD AI and game mechanics.

5 minutes ago, Seinra said:

I hate to be a stickler about mentioning things that aren't related to the thread but...

No one player could solo a Dark Sector battle.

Archived