Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

I support you, but I doubt this will do anything considering there are 67 pages on the post where Megan said they're being removed and nothing has been done.

Also: this exists and nothing changed.

+1

Well --Q--Captian the voice of the community counts a lot spread the voice.... 

I can support keeping LoR, but JV is a mess right now with the spores and whatnot. The main problem I see is the lack of knowledge of the raids existing in the first place. They're hidden in the market with nothing that really points them out. If they were more prominent, they'd probably have more people running them. JV should be removed at the moment because of its glitches, but LoR should stay.

7 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

I support you, but I doubt this will do anything considering there are 67 pages on the post where Megan said they're being removed and nothing has been done.

Also: this exists and nothing changed.

+1

456 people is not representative sample size of the community.

tho it does show a trend.

Maybe DE should do a survey.

20 minutes ago, trst said:

They're not leaving permanently . They're getting pulled so they can rebuild Trials from the ground up so there doesn't have to be bug fixes and a brand new soft lock every patch.

Trials getting pulled is a good thing, sucks for people who do them a lot, but it'll be better when they return.

and 3 years later.....

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Sinister Hawk 2 said:

I can support keeping LoR, but JV is a mess right now with the spores and whatnot. The main problem I see is the lack of knowledge of the raids existing in the first place. They're hidden in the market with nothing that really points them out. If they were more prominent, they'd probably have more people running them. JV should be removed at the moment because of its glitches, but LoR should stay.

and the fact that there is no connection with some the mechanics in the raid and the rest of the game. i cant take information from the base game and say oh  i know this and use that base knowledge on a wider scale with greater complexity.  while LoR teaches you the mechanics, there are all these barriers to entry, and JV is just terrible because everything was new (until the glast gambit), and it requires a gear item, management of a third stat bar that's nowhere else in the game, JV is bad at this

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Sinister Hawk 2 said:

yeap JV is a mess but they never Fix it properly ...... a corpus Raid would be nice to see...

What would be the reason to do the Trials though? Arcanes have been moved to the slightly more accessible and arguably less toxic Eidolon hunts which I don't personally have a problem with. Trials were among the toughest content, meaning if you were capable of beating it you don't really need Arcanes in the first place, to me it makes sense to make them more accessible. (Not saying that all new players should be able to get them, just that they shouldn't be rewarded from the highest level content in game).

If DE kept Trials in as they are there would be non stop complaints about how unrewarding they are, even if Arcanes were available from both Eidolons and the Trials there would still be complaints. 

I mean, you may personally find them fun, and that would be your reason for running them (which is great, I did to at first), but I would happily stake platinum on weekly threads moaning about Trials being worthless if they were left in.

For that reason, I support them being removed. They were bad missions that fostered elitism and toxicity in lobbys. People will eventually get over the temporary removal, just as we have gotten over every other change we didn't like.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

Is there a reason behind why you don't support raids?

1 minute ago, emblema said:

Yes PrivateRiem what is your reason of not supporting the RAIDS?

It's easy, boring, trying to beat the RNGods for a chance at getting 10 times the same arcane with so many diluting the reward pool is absurd, and I'm not THAT much of a gambler. I already don't find the will necessary to beat my head against the RNGwall that is sorties daily, Raids are just even worse. The maps are about as uninteresting as the puzzles they have, and they're as far from a "Veteran's endgame" as they come.

Obviously, all this is my opinion. You're free to have a different one, but I see nothing good from keeping raids when less than 2% of the playerbase plays it. I'm much more interested in a dynamically shifting difficulty being added to missions than a static difficult level that usually turns boring quite fast and won't satisfy every veteran.

23 minutes ago, trst said:

The difference between Trials and Dark Sectors is that DS needed to be worked into an entirely different concept. The click race to PvP/pseudo-PvP to tax-fueled drama couldn't return. Where Trials do need to be rebuilt they can reuse most of what has been made for them, plus the entire concept is still sound.

The PvP aspect of Dark Sectors was also replaced by Conclave where Eidolons aren't a proper replacement for Trials.

If people remain vocal enough about DE actively working on Trials then it's less likely to take several years. But maybe I'm being too hopeful.

Regardless Trials are a sorry mess right now and between the constant frustration from the community regarding them and how bad it looks for DE; they can't remain as they are.

there is so many ways on reworking the Dark Sectors , like instead on playing to defend a  lost solar relay make Alliance dojos  DS on planets like Cetus to defend , and rewards resources to be invested on specters , cannons  , factory's , etc ...Also create more solar systems so there is more planets so equal more room for DS and people to see more maps and on and on...

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What would be the reason to do the Trials though? Arcanes have been moved to the slightly more accessible and arguably less toxic Eidolon hunts which I don't personally have a problem with. Trials were among the toughest content, meaning if you were capable of beating it you don't really need Arcanes in the first place, to me it makes sense to make them more accessible. (Not saying that all new players should be able to get them, just that they shouldn't be rewarded from the highest level content in game).

If DE kept Trials in as they are there would be non stop complaints about how unrewarding they are, even if Arcanes were available from both Eidolons and the Trials there would still be complaints. 

I mean, you may personally find them fun, and that would be your reason for running them (which is great, I did to at first), but I would happily stake platinum on weekly threads moaning about Trials being worthless if they were left in.

For that reason, I support them being removed. They were bad missions that fostered elitism and toxicity in lobbys. People will eventually get over the temporary removal, just as we have gotten over every other change we didn't like.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Credits, Boosters, Detonite Injectors/Fieldron, Captura scenes, ship parts, g3 drops

They aren't hard either. Once you do them a few times you pretty much figure out how to do them and what goes on. Considering that you can run them at any MR makes the arcanes easily accessible by any player. It's not the game/developers fault because someone isn't willing to go out and try to find help. RSB did exist and they were willing to help any player and teach them how to raid.

You'll also find elitism and toxicity in any part of this game, it's how the internet works.

8 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

It's easy, boring, trying to beat the RNGods for a chance at getting 10 times the same arcane with so many diluting the reward pool is absurd, and I'm not THAT much of a gambler. I already don't find the will necessary to beat my head against the RNGwall that is sorties daily, Raids are just even worse. The maps are about as uninteresting as the puzzles they have, and they're as far from a "Veteran's endgame" as they come.

Obviously, all this is my opinion. You're free to have a different one, but I see nothing good from keeping raids when less than 2% of the playerbase plays it. I'm much more interested in a dynamically shifting difficulty being added to missions than a static difficult level that usually turns boring quite fast and won't satisfy every veteran.

I do agree that for the end-game content that it was, it wasn't very end-game. Of course, since the game doesn't have a lot of "end-game content," raids sufficed as good content that would be played by your average veteran player. But, in my opinion even if you didn't get energize you still got the 600k credits and rares.

6 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

Boring? well that why i suggested that would be nice  to see new maps or a Corpus raids or tired of puzzles make raids on Edilon lets kill giants with a serious Raid  of 8+ members not a 4 bang bang dead Giant squad (to easy) crapy rewards .....

Complains about how raids are S#&$ty, glitchy and to ez for veteran players, complains DE does not care about raids, complain no one plays them anymore despite the fact people *@##$ so hard at new people trying to raid, complain about how they take so many resources, complain about how your monopoly on pawning off overpriced pieces of trash(arcanes) is going to put you and your kids out on the streets. DE " we are removing raids" DONT YOU DARE TOUCH MY PRECIOUS RAIDs

B7bEmRB.jpg

Just now, --Q--Captain said:

I do agree that for the end-game content that it was, it wasn't very end-game. Of course, since the game doesn't have a lot of "end-game content," raids sufficed as good content that would be played by your average veteran player. But, in my opinion even if you didn't get energize you still got the 600k credits and rares.

i agree.....

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

More like PTSD

Oh no! I'm sorry about that. Sometimes people are toxic when it comes to raids since they are considered end-game. If you would like to try them again before they disappear, I would recommend going to Raid School Bus (RSB) or going to the Warframe Discord, where zopney will be doing raids with everyone.

PS: If you raid with zopney on WF discord, you get his glyph for free too! :D

I feel like the one angle which hasn't been sufficiently addressed so far in this thread is one of hardware-based accessibility.

The Plains have received some significant performance upgrades since their release, but they remain prohibitively taxing for a large segment of the player base. Warframe's success has historically been built on being hardware-accessible for a huge number of people in all sorts of different situations.

With the removal of Trials, we will be losing a major piece of high-end game content that was broadly accessible even to players without high-performing PCs or top-tier internet service.

I say this as someone who has only ever successfully completed a single Trial, and that was basically a joke JV run with friends.

I do not want highly valuable and sought-after Arcanes to be locked behind the most hardware-exclusionary content in the entire game. Rewarding play skill and coordination is one thing, but leaving whole portions of the player community out simply because their computer can't handle the Plains or because they have no options available for better internet hosting is not something I want to see happen.

I live in coastal Alabama. I get less than one megabit per-second upload even on good days. There is no amount of money I could pay to improve this. I could switch ISPs, but there are only two in this town. I'd also have to switch email hosting, possibly phone service, and who knows what other minutiae that are part of my daily routine. It's simply not feasible for me, and likely for many others, to "git gud at internet."

Even though I have no love for Trials myself, I know a bad idea when I see one. If DE is going to make this decision on business grounds, then I'd like to respectfully request more information about their situation. Based on the information we currently have, I cannot see a good reason to support their position on Trials.

Archived