Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

17 минут назад, h0tsp4ce сказал:

low sodium

Don't promise what you can't keep, it's whole point of this thread.

Also I probably should say to my grown friend he is Steam card kid, with his decades of gaming expierence, 12-hour working day and wish for game to be more accessible (it's =/= easy ffs).

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Yes you can.  PSN Party Chat.  Streams.  Clans can have multiple people in room at once, as can relays and Cetus.   8 in squad at once though?  Oh, what will my poor ears do without all that noise? :(

Yes, let me just go and buy a Playstation 4 right now to hang out with 8 friends. Let me go to my clan, a relay, or Cetus with 7 others to kill Grineer enemies and Infested monstrosities while solving complex puzzles. You can't queue into a mission with 7 other people anywhere else in the game.

Raids have such a knowledge barrier to entry which is harder to overcome on console and a required squad of at least 4 killed any hope of me ever getting arcanes since i have only a couple friends and get nervous talking with people. I'm at mr 23 for reference. So i'm glad for this change even if temporary i can possibly get arcanes without someone trying to gouge my eyes out over them.

And raids as a whole as the devs said have outdated mechanics that haven't updated with the game  and in some cases they feel goes against it like just standing on buttons so they want to rebuild raids to be better and more accessible to players but they currently can't devote the time WHILE ALSO every update consistently borks something in the raids drawing more manpower to something so rarely played frankly i feel conclave beats it out or at least conclave won't literally break every update.

So i see nothing wrong with getting priorities straight for now and taking them out cause we know next update they'll be uncompleteable again and "vets" who love raiding can just take a break if that's all that keeps them here because Warframe isn't going anywhere.

6 hours ago, emblema said:

Let's Keep The RAIDS! Warframe Community step-UP!! 

Hello everyone! i saw on devstream that DE was thinking to remove the Raids and this upset all my Clan/ Alliance and warframe members , i absolutely think that DE is doing a big mistake! RAIDs  kept high end player busy on helping newbies  (Like the Dark Sectors) playing as a teamwork and help growing  the warframe community, i think the reason is not because no one is playing raids ( big lie that was made-up please look at links  https://wf.christx.tw/  https://wf.christx.tw/JordasRecords.php?type=all) because DE is diverging all player on playing EDILON !

Like i say before when DE Developers created the Raids kept all players busy and still today me and members  love raiding i wish they would come-up with new maps like the Corpus Raid and other maps, i understand that they are running  out of ideas for price loot ( DE please ask for any ideas/suggestion on forum ) like with new Arcanes but i think that other alternatives   can be like adding  Riven Mods Weapons and more stuff, they can also create Cetus/Edilon Raids (but please 8+ players so it looks more like a real open world) make the game more challenging , create clan raids , Alliance Raids yes why not on Cetus/Edilon ,Developers use more imagination keep your clients busy make them happy.

Please leave a positive feed back lets fight for our Raids!

QODqnPp.jpg

giphy.gif 

Vay Hek's classic statement which never gets old. :highfive:

17 minutes ago, Atekron said:

sorry, but I do agree with DE - sometimes we need to get rid of old trash stuff to get something new and useful

That's a pretty bold statement for someone with no trials completions or attempts.

But that seems to be a common theme around here. 

1 hour ago, .chcesz.piwo. said:

That's a pretty bold statement for someone with no trials completions or attempts.

But that seems to be a common theme around here. 

so now you see where is a problem? I had played this game more than 1000 hours and have no interest in such "raids" whatsoever

7 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

and the fact that there is no connection with some the mechanics in the raid and the rest of the game. i cant take information from the base game and say oh  i know this and use that base knowledge on a wider scale with greater complexity.  while LoR teaches you the mechanics, there are all these barriers to entry, and JV is just terrible because everything was new (until the glast gambit), and it requires a gear item, management of a third stat bar that's nowhere else in the game, JV is bad at this

There is no connection between raids and base game because the base game is shallow that there are no mechanics that can be used in a proper raid. Furthermore, that uniqueness is the whole point of raids. In most games, raid content is specifically made with unique mechanics to stand out from other content. You are supposed to learn different mechanics for different raids, that is the entire point.

5 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

They can just leave the raids here and replace them when the new ones are done, just like any other update, but they should put time and effort into that so that we don't need to wait years for that to happen.

I think that was mentioned on the stream. Their coders have to look at the Trials when a bug appears there. Taking the time where they could be working at something else.

Since some of you only value input from people who have done raids, I've done them.
https://wf.christx.tw/search.php?id=Navarchus

I'm very glad to see trials get removed to get reworked - they're a waste of resources right now. There's an absurdly low amount of people doing trials - and of those who have trials most don't do it again. It's not the end-game they had in mind, it's not executed the way they wanted it to be and they have to work on it every single patch.
The game has since evolved a lot and they're able to make something much more enjoyable if they take them away and rework them.
7lnYEm0.png 

My issue with people posing an opinion about raids when they haven’t done any is that they don’t know anything. If you’ve never done raids, you don’t know anything about them.

Of course, everyone is allowed to voice their opinion about raids, but I don’t see the point of people saying “remove raids” if they’ve never done them. How come “raids are dead” and then when DE says they’re going to remove them suddenly all of these haters of raids suddenly show up. When did raids ever affect you? If you’ve never done raids why are you so hell bent on supporting DE and getting the game mode removed? 

We are the playerbase, we are the community that DE makes content for. Instead of supporting the decision of DE, I suggest trying the raid or even just supporting your fellow players. We are all in this together, the update changes the game for everyone.

It’s like the prime accessories pack they talked about on the last stream: the community asked for it and they responded. There’s no reason for anyone to say no to it because it doesn’t affect anyone negatively, so people should support them being added.

If you’ve never done a raid, I respect your opinion, but I don’t see why you won’t/can’t support other players in trying to get raids back if you have never tried a raid. If you don’t do them then there’s no way they can have a negative impact on you.

Once again, I respect all opinions and appreciate all responses.

2 hours ago, Navarchus said:

Since some of you only value input from people who have done raids, I've done them.

I'm very glad to see trials get removed to get reworked - they're a waste of resources right now. There's an absurdly low amount of people doing trials - and of those who have trials most don't do it again. It's not the end-game they had in mind, it's not executed the way they wanted it to be and they have to work on it every single patch.
The game has since evolved a lot and they're able to make something much more enjoyable if they take them away and rework them.
7lnYEm0.png 

I 100% agree, raids are in bad shape and have been in need of a full blown rework for quite some time now. If anyone questions my credentials on raids here are my runs:

https://wf.christx.tw/search.php?id=S0V3REiGN

note that in am missing close to 30 - 40 Jordan raids because bugs didn’t count them.

People bring up the Dark Sectors Argument of raids being out of commission as long as they were, I don't see it. Unless they do some crazy super overhaul like they did for Dark Sectors, cause remember the old Dark Sectors was PvP, and we all know how  the general player base responds to PvP related content. Autistic rage is a phrase that comes to mind.

11 hours ago, trst said:

They're not leaving permanently

Yes they are. In the devstream they said that ther is a high chance that they will be gone forever in the state as we know it ( 8 players, puzzle gamplay...). I will also point uot that they've said they will come back soon but they've said the same thing 3 years ago for the dark sector, and look at them now. Tehy are bad and i tell you why: they will add more repetitive gamplay on top of another (why don't they add new maps insted of recicling old ones); you are forcing a type of gamplay insted of another becoouse you need to play with a certain setup to go faster in the dungeon while with the raid you can play with litterally anything (zanagoth videos are an example of that); their idea of competion is pve and based on a leaderbord is completly orrible compared to what dark sector where; i lso remind all that after 3 years this is all they've come up with; an excuse they've made was "the rials don't rapresent the fast paste gamplay of warframe" bulook at the new dark sector, really DE?

By the way for the same logic of "it requires too much work to fix things that we have to remove it" they will have to remove archwing, conclave, and many other things. Why don't they leave raid as they are and update when they are reworked? if their blaming players for coplaining about the state of the raids and this made them want to remove trials then why don't ignore complains like what they've done with dark sector and do what is right to do (not killing community). And don't tell me they've listened the community when they've announced dark sectors becouse this has nothing to do with dark sector and competition between clans. Naming somthing drak sector doesn't mean their returned. 

Not to mention that they are already talking about the new tennocon but we still haven't seen or heard about umbra, announced at the last one.

1 hour ago, --Q--Captain said:

My issue with people posing an opinion about raids when they haven’t done any is that they don’t know anything. If you’ve never done raids, you don’t know anything about them.

Of course, everyone is allowed to voice their opinion about raids, but I don’t see the point of people saying “remove raids” if they’ve never done them. How come “raids are dead” and then when DE says they’re going to remove them suddenly all of these haters of raids suddenly show up. When did raids ever affect you? If you’ve never done raids why are you so hell bent on supporting DE and getting the game mode removed? 

We are the playerbase, we are the community that DE makes content for. Instead of supporting the decision of DE, I suggest trying the raid or even just supporting your fellow players. We are all in this together, the update changes the game for everyone.

It’s like the prime accessories pack they talked about on the last stream: the community asked for it and they responded. There’s no reason for anyone to say no to it because it doesn’t affect anyone negatively, so people should support them being added.

If you’ve never done a raid, I respect your opinion, but I don’t see why you won’t/can’t support other players in trying to get raids back if you have never tried a raid. If you don’t do them then there’s no way they can have a negative impact on you.

Once again, I respect all opinions and appreciate all responses.

Great example of closed mindedness, listen to opinions, facts and reason but isn't willing to accept the Truth or change their views even with all the evidence presented in front of them. Raids in their current state are objectively bad for the game, they break with almost every major update, mechanically detached from the rest of the game more so than POE (Which should be impossible considering how old LOR is.), having more in common with World of Warcraft than anything else in Warframe and required constant patching just to barely keep it playable.  

Time and energy spent yet they are still a steaming hot mess, such effort wasted could be used else where finishing content that actually add more to the game improving the experience for the approximate 20+ million (registered, not concurrent) players instead of capturing to the rough 15K "dedicated"  minority.  I personally would like to see Raids improve and be something great, but keeping them in means they would need to be supported, making changes everytime DE updates lighting system, sounds systems, physics, damage types, armor types, enemy scaling, new warframes launch, weapons launch just for a mode less than 5% even plays. It simply needs to go back to the drawing board.

38 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

People bring up the Dark Sectors Argument of raids being out of commission as long as they were, I don't see it. Unless they do some crazy super overhaul like they did for Dark Sectors, cause remember the old Dark Sectors was PvP, and we all know how  the general player base responds to PvP related content. Autistic rage is a phrase that comes to mind.

Dark Sectors didn't receive a crazy overhaul. They just scrapped the original concept entirely and made a fairly basic rendition of rift system. It didn't take long because of how complex the new Dark Sectors are, it took long because they didn't work on them until recently.

The comparison is apt, not least because DE has compared the two themselves. But also because they were asked about the future of Trials on devstream, and they weren't able to give any info at all. Just some vague "Uh, we want trials to return at some point, be more accessible" that clearly shows that they have exactly zero idea what they are doing with Trials. They just want to remove them, and bringing them back is the problem of future-DE.

A quick reminder here to keep things civil.

Everyone has an opinion about the trails and raids, and all of them have some merit. However, reverting to abusive behavior and threats does not put these points across well. Have a discussion and try to empathize with the people taking with you.

If you want things to change, the best way to do so is to bring up valuable points with your reasoning for why you dislike a change, and what you would do differently to create a compromise. Insulting, flaming and baiting do nothing but get your opinions relegated to the trashcan, and potentially, warnings from the mod team.

Please remember to keep it clean and keep it civil, folks.

GAME ON.

4 minutes ago, Orcot said:

Great example of closed mindedness, listen to opinions, facts and reason but isn't willing to accept the Truth or change their views even with all the evidence presented in front of them. Raids in their current state are objectively bad for the game, they break with almost every major update, mechanically detached from the rest of the game more so than POE (Which should be impossible considering how old LOR is.), having more in common with World of Warcraft than anything else in Warframe and required constant patching just to barely keep it playable.  

Time and energy spent yet they are still a steaming hot mess, such effort wasted could be used else where finishing content that actually add more to the game improving the experience for the approximate 20+ million (registered, not concurrent) players instead of capturing to the rough 15K "dedicated"  minority.  I personally would like to see Raids improve and be something great, but keeping them in means they would need to be supported, making changes everytime DE updates lighting system, sounds systems, physics, damage types, armor types, enemy scaling, new warframes launch, weapons launch just for a mode less than 5% even plays. It simply needs to go back to the drawing board.

I think you don't know the history about DE on Warframe. I want to remind you the dark sectors, specter of the rail. They are all examples of something  removed or changed for worst. There are a lot of things they are not fixing or that they are putting behind schedule like archwing mode in general, new player experience etc. So don't tell me that a good amount of work was put in fixing raids much so that they had to remove it. They trials added something new to the game, were a different gamplay experience and by removing the they are only doing damage to the Warframe experience.  

1 hour ago, --Q--Captain said:

Forced teaming content.

That's all I need to know, it was bad, toxic content in EQ, AO, CoX, Guild Wars[2] and WoW and I don't need to do DE's carbon copies to know that.

I don't just support the removal of the trials, I recommend them being picked apart for their assets and them be returned to the game proper, so what we get back is actual content and not more forced teaming nonsense.

There are two ways to drastically increase the likelihood of people behaving poorly, first is to force them to work against each other closely followed by forcing them to work together.

The common factor is forcing, I'll crack open a beer when the trials are switched off, and I'll bet DE's Devs will too.

3 hours ago, Navarchus said:

7lnYEm0.png 

The graph is not the reason why raids are removed: the mission types like capture, defense , mobile defense etc.. are more played becuse there are a lot of mission like that one in the solar system and some are played becouse of farming. While i agree that raids are played by few people it depends on the problems that they have and the fact taht you can do them once a day. The graph means more than anything that Warframe is a farming simulator so that more than a reason for raids being removed it means that to make progress regaring especially new player the curve of farming must be inverted: experienced player must farm more than new once. This menas for new players more slot for warframe and weapons, less resources required for a lot of things, more onest market prices, more tutorials for important things like progressing throught the game (mastery rank, dojo research materials...). 

15 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Forced teaming content.

That's all I need to know, it was bad, toxic content in EQ, AO, CoX, Guild Wars[2] and WoW and I don't need to do DE's carbon copies to know that.

I don't just support the removal of the trials, I recommend them being picked apart for their assets and them be returned to the game proper, so what we get back is actual content and not more forced teaming nonsense.

There are two ways to drastically increase the likelihood of people behaving poorly, first is to force them to work against each other closely followed by forcing them to work together.

The common factor is forcing, I'll crack open a beer when the trials are switched off, and I'll bet DE's Devs will too.

What is the point of playing online games if you're not interested in working with other players?

And while I respect your opinion, plenty of people enjoy teamwork(after all, that's why we play co-op games), and Warframe is severely lacking in this department. Nothing in Warframe requires teamwork, aside from Trials. That's why there are people that absolutely enjoy them. The toxicity is also only partly true, as there are always communities that allow you ti find people that WANT to work as a team and don't feel forced to do so.

Archived