Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

I wouldn't necessarily say everything should be solo-able but i think everything should be feasible for a pug group that brings in gear not knowing what they're doing. By the sound of it old raids weren't that otherwise raid school bus wouldn't have been a thing.

When i think of improved raids i think of the assault mission on kuva fortress. We all went in blind but managed to do it and was a lot of fun though unfortunately rewards iirc aren't special for assault.

The issue is that there's no reason for those kind of raids to even exist. What you described basically sounds like a glorified Sortie. The whole point of raid content in most games that have them are that there are specific mechanics that you need to learn in order to succeed. High-end missions that don't have any unique mechanics can work in other games as an end-game content, but it doesn't work in Warframe. The game is so unbalanced, that missions can never be hard without either feeling really cheap(talking about things like enemies one-shotting you), or having unique mechanics that you can't cheese through. Of course, they could also add mechanics that "balance" you out(by doing things like disable your powers entirely in harder missions), but that's hardly an ideal solution.

As of now, DE has no “real” endgame. By removing raids, they are removing the only content that people even consider endgame, and knowing DE we won’t see any real endgame content for a while. The “new” Dark Sectors arent endgame content.. And as it’s been shown, DE isn’t trying to cater to veteran players, they are focused on the new player experience, since it makes them more money in their minds.

With that being said, I support all those who try to get DE to change their mind. They may never come back but we can sure as hell be a pain in the &#! about it.

I also think raids COULD use a redesign, but I don’t see the point in taking them away, as it’s already caused a big argument between those who support and those who don’t support raids.

4 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

As of now, DE has no “real” endgame. By removing raids, they are removing the only content that people even consider endgame, and knowing DE we won’t see any real endgame content for a while. The “new” Dark Sectors arent endgame content.. And as it’s been shown, DE isn’t trying to cater to veteran players, they are focused on the new player experience, since it makes them more money in their minds.

I'm a veteran, they are catering to me.

Also I agree with DE that "endgame" is a nonsense-word that functionally means nothing useful. "Endgame" just means "more game" which is just "game"

But it's ofter bandied about by the "you must be forced into groups once you hit point X in the game" crowd as erroneous justification for their personal desires to define-and-control the entire top of the progression bracket.

The "50-DKP minus" crowd

15 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

With that being said, I support all those who try to get DE to change their mind. They may never come back but we can sure as hell be a pain in the &#! about it.

I also think raids COULD use a redesign, but I don’t see the point in taking them away, as it’s already caused a big argument between those who support and those who don’t support raids.

I have to ask this, what is exactly about raids that you actually enjoy? All I ever hear is that people just want it because they want to keep their end game. That’s just a very vague tag.

Btw you killed my synthesis target while I was scanning it yesterday. /sadface 

15 hours ago, emblema said:

I would love to see a Corpus RAID ... everyone would equip there EMP auras lol ;)

The moment i've read this, i did imagine moas drunk 10 liters of liquor and had some ecstasy.

And i'm also supporting to keep the raids, as a matter of fact it was my first team play experience when i started out. Since all the other stuff is random + autism, raids are boring and give no incentive to play, but they have some integrity to them, and they made clans, and friendships work, if you meet a good raider or are one you connect somehow with others. And there is nothing more sweet the ruining a raid without thinking about it since it's so generic while having a laugh with your friends if something goes south. And even more turning on for me is the scenario when you jump in a random pub raid via recruit chat TM And you run a clean smooth run, it makes me feel like i met like minded people that do it with some kind of passion.

I will say that the re-imagined Dark Sector looks to be the very thing people have been asking for:

It is endless wave.
It is speed running based.

So looks like they will release the type of endgame most player asked for or assumed was the endgame.

Apparently Trials were never popular enough to justify their continued existence. From what I have seen here if they ever return Trials back to the game it won't look remotely like it does now. Which apparently suited the devs just fine.

Now the next obvious question is what rewards are they going to put on this new mission type?

While I'm sad to see them go, I can somewhat understand why DE is removing Trials. This is Warframe we're talking about, and as most F2P games it's a major case of feature creep, it's a game built upon its own filth and waste. A feature is added if it doesn't crash or lock the game down and is generally forgotten until a problem arises. And Trials were always causing problems, I don't work at DE but it doesn't take a genius to know that codes behind Trials, especially JV were seriously messed up. Hopefully DE can isolate the Trials, clean up their spaghetti codes and can find a way to add them back without upsetting the rest of the game too much.

DE isn't removing Trials because they're lazy or because number of raiders is disposable...at least I don't think that's the main reason. Trials are costing them active development cost and time that could be spent elsewhere, and after 3 years of trying to work on these bloated creatures without surgically removing them they've decided it's not going to work out.

Look at it this way: the money people at DE know for a certainty that moving Arcanes (which are still big plat movers) to Teralysts, no matter how scummy and low the drop chance, is absolutely going to drive their prices down. JV Arcane prices are going to drop pretty hard since a big part of their inflated price was the limited number of JV players and consequently limited quantity of JV Arcanes in the market. The cost of maintaining Trials was deemed too expensive even with the premium-ish inflated Arcane market attached to them.

So yeah, as much as I hope, I have my doubts if Trials will come back before 2020. Rivens are the big plat movers now and Arcanes are going to be fairly cheaper so I don't see urgent reason for DE to polish and return Trials anytime soon. Maybe they'll think of some new shiny to attach to new & improved Trials. 

It would just be nice to hear when they are thinking about trials coming back and to hear the suggestions of what they will do to trials. If they release them completely redisigned and the community doesn't like them then what happens. It is not a smart thing to keep a portion of your playerbase in the dark. I personally couldn't care less about people who are happy they are getting removed, you mayaswell not even be in this thread. I just don't want to wait a long time and find out all that time i waited was for nothing.

1 hour ago, DxAdder said:

The current raid system is waste of time, DE is far better of removing them and created a true end game raid system.

Says the guy having 0 raids on record.... So you mean... It's good that DE are removing the last content that had some puzzles and required brain  activities. Was fun, interesting, interactive, made people friends, made communities and clans stronger rather than pew pewing useless mobs

Casual, it’s great to hear that you and your friends are doing raids on the weekend! I enjoy connecting with my friends during raids something that requires skill and everyone helps out no player is left in the dust or feeling like they aren’t helping because they only have a mote amp. I understand that nice thing about raids is that it isn’t windowed and you can start it when all your friends are on. We don’t know what DE has planned for the raiders I watched the DEV Stream 106 and it seemed like there was something in the new open world that they hinted at but maybe I’m just looking for something that isn’t there anymore. The “nice” thing about consoles is that we have a 4-6 week window before an update due to certification processes so you should be able to enjoy raids just a bit longer that PC. I’m not a DEV in any way I’ve been playing a long time and I’m with you in comrade of the consoles it seems like we are secondary citizens (for good reason it’s harder to push updates to us). I recommend in the interim of waiting for the update to hit is to play the raids to the fullest extent and get those mote amps and operator waybounds up to a better tier. You can still do a Terry with 4 of your friends I get around 6 per night. The 8 man stuff looks like it is on hold for a while granted this stuff can be completed with two people on PC that doesn’t mean it has to be two. I hope the people who find this thread will get in contact with each other and bolster a better PoE experience.

15 hours ago, PrivateRiem said:

It's easy, boring, trying to beat the RNGods for a chance at getting 10 times the same arcane with so many diluting the reward pool is absurd, and I'm not THAT much of a gambler. I already don't find the will necessary to beat my head against the RNGwall that is sorties daily, Raids are just even worse. The maps are about as uninteresting as the puzzles they have, and they're as far from a "Veteran's endgame" as they come.

Obviously, all this is my opinion. You're free to have a different one, but I see nothing good from keeping raids when less than 2% of the playerbase plays it. I'm much more interested in a dynamically shifting difficulty being added to missions than a static difficult level that usually turns boring quite fast and won't satisfy every veteran.

THIS.

34 minutes ago, Xonerix said:

I am happy that they killed the Raids, that's not how an endgame should be and I never held them as endgame. All those arcanes should be obtainable in some other ways (not in Raids).

You have just 2 raids on record. Can  you please not give opinion when you don't have the capable expirience? Oh and since you already started... What will you replace the trials for? 

15 hours ago, trst said:

They're not leaving permanently . They're getting pulled so they can rebuild Trials from the ground up so there doesn't have to be bug fixes and a brand new soft lock every patch.

Trials getting pulled is a good thing, sucks for people who do them a lot, but it'll be better when they return.

Do you really believe they will return lol. Dark sector armistice is simply now a survival where you don't have to kill enemies... And this is the best they came up with for 3 years. I don't wanna know what will come out when they bring them back 

Archived