Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

55 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

It is speed running based.

It's not. You can't seriously speedrun in a gamemode where tiles are random. That was one of the main reasons why Trials could be speedrunned - the map geometry is fixed, so it's the same for everyone and your time depends entirely on how much you can optimize your run and how well you can execute it.

In Dark Sectors, getting a better tileset could easily give you better time and there's no real optimization that can happen - you don't know the map geometry beforehand, so there's nothing to optimize.

The fact that DE have said that Dark Sectors will be good for speedrunners just shows that they don't understand how competitive speedrunning works.

You ppl realize they are gonna reworkr them and bring them back at some point right? So, you enjoy an easy grind mechanic that offers no real challenge with minimal rewards - that are just as RNG as everything else in WF? please stop calling raids endgame aswell, they arent. There is no true endgame to warframe, yet. Raids were mad boring and just a credit farm to me personally. Arcanes are good and all but dont need them at all, ever. So im all for it for them to remove it, rework it and make it harder maybe offer more rewards or make it an ACTUAL raid. Not just a puny mission 4 ppl can easily do.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb dimo145:

Do you really believe they will return lol. Dark sector armistice is simply now a survival where you don't have to kill enemies... And this is the best they came up with for 3 years. I don't wanna know what will come out when they bring them back 

Stop being a negative nancy? Welcome to warframe where everything gets reworked, patched, taken out and restablished constantly. It'll come back eventually. Good lord.

Just now, Shichibukai88 said:

You ppl realize they are gonna reworkr them and bring them back at some point right? So, you enjoy an easy grind mechanic that offers no real challenge with minimal rewards - that are just as RNG as everything else in WF? please stop calling raids endgame aswell, they arent. There is no true endgame to warframe, yet. Raids were mad boring and just a credit farm to me personally. Arcanes are good and all but dont need them at all, ever. So im all for it for them to remove it, rework it and make it harder maybe offer more rewards or make it an ACTUAL raid. Not just a puny mission 4 ppl can easily do.

You realize that Umbra was shown 3 years ago, Dark Sectors were put down 3 years ago, DMG 3.0 is missing for more than 2 years, Zephyr deluxe among other content that is in "soon" status.

Having trust is good thing, having blind trust is not.

I liked Trials.

+1 more reason why I will never spend money on this game.

"We wanted to make the game less grindy" - Add 20k cryotic sybear, 500k hema research, new POE materials.

We want to improve Dark Sectors, so we're temporarily disabling them-- 3 years later, no meaningful update on Dark Sectors or Alliances.

Weapon balance isn't good-- let's add Rivens.

Wait Rivens are bad, let's remove Rivens-- oh, can't do that, people have spent plat on them.

We can't be bothered to QC our code changes to ensure that all content works after patching, so we'll disable Trials.

Could go on, but why bother. I get why Nero fiddles while Rome burns-- but for me, and a number of other people who have enjoyed the more challenging and teamwork oriented content-- this is essentially the beginning of the end.

6 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

If we didn't have 3 years of Dark Sectors being "temporarily disabled" you might have wind for those sails-- but you don't.

Also, to people that ask how can we have fun in raids - it's simple, we have fun because we enjoy playing with each other. I helped during a JV bus earlier today, and it wasn't going that great. People kept crashing and disconnecting, and eventually Jordas glitched out and hardlocked after the second nerve, forcing us to restart the entire raid. And yet, despite all this, we were having fun. People were laughing, telling stories about their past raids and reminiscing about all the weird bugs that raids had over the years. That's what it's all about - it's the feeling of the community that is entirely absent in this game. Raids gave us a reason to group up and play, and we formed bonds because we still had to trust each other, even if we knew all the mechanics perfectly.

No other content in Warframe can have this feel, simply because no other content can push people to create a community.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Shichibukai88:

1)You ppl realize they are gonna reworkr them and bring them back at some point right?

2)So, you enjoy an easy grind mechanic that offers no real challenge with minimal rewards - that are just as RNG as everything else in WF? please stop calling raids endgame aswell, they arent. There is no true endgame to warframe, yet.

3)Raids were mad boring and just a credit farm to me personally.

4)Arcanes are good and all but dont need them at all, ever. So im all for it for them to remove it, rework it and make it harder maybe offer more rewards or make it an ACTUAL raid. Not just a puny mission 4 ppl can easily do.

1) Like Dark Sector? So we are gonna get words and gameplay of the new raids 2021? We want a simple timetable not a soon.

2) I don't really know about that. Maybe speedrunning and optimizing your time was kind of an endgame to some. To me personally, it was just a fun way to interact with the comunity as people actually had to interact and not just shoot a glowing spot on some boss. The term "endgame" in warframe is just as much of a meme nowadays as "veteran".

3) your opinion.

4) Have you ever done a raid in 4man squad? You've got 2 recorded LorNms, one of which failed. Just because some people are skillful enough to 4man it doesn't mean it's easy. The new Eidolons got one-manned on day one, should we remove them because of that?

Also if DE temporarly retires the raids, they should temporarly retire the arcanes in them as well. Those arcanes shouldn't be placed on the plaines. Design some new ones and put them on the Eidolons, don't recycle the thing that rewarded dedicated players for learning and running a gamemode you wish to brush under the rug. Just like what you did with Arcane Helmets.

12 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Stop being a negative nancy? Welcome to warframe where everything gets reworked, patched, taken out and restablished constantly. It'll come back eventually. Good lord.

"eventually" til this "eventually" or more like "soon tm" comes many communities will be dead, many vets will leave and this will continue. So now frankly to say it. Warframe don't have new players. It's simply plebs and veterans. New player is someone who comes to do  1 or 2 quests, gets confused and leaves. 21 mil registered accounts and just 30k at average is a joke. 

Gerade eben schrieb Radagosh:

1) Like Dark Sector? So we are gonna get words and gameplay of the new raids 2021? We want a simple timetable not a soon.

2) I don't really know about that. Maybe speedrunning and optimizing your time was kind of an endgame to some. To me personally, it was just a fun way to interact with the comunity as people actually had to interact and not just shoot a glowing spot on some boss. The term "endgame" in warframe is just as much of a meme nowadays as "veteran".

3) your opinion.

4) Have you ever done a raid in 4man squad? You've got 2 recorded LorNms, one of which failed. Just because some people are skillful enough to 4man it doesn't mean it's easy. The new Eidolons got one-manned on day one, should we remove them because of that?

Also if DE temporarly retires the raids, they should temporarly retire the arcanes in them as well. Those arcanes shouldn't be placed on the plaines. Design some new ones and put them on the Eidolons, don't recycle the thing that rewarded dedicated players for learning and running a gamemode you wish to brush under the rug. Just like what you did with Arcane Helmets.

1. So what, just be patient.

2. Fair enough.

3. Exactly.

4. I havent done any NM runs because after the first one I was already tired of it, its too much of a headache. I done enough raiding for me personally to understand how easy they are and how boring they become after awhile. I done them, I finished them. End of story. Obviously eidolons are gonna get one manned if ppl had enough time to just max out all their focus and amps. And you really dont need to be "skillful" to 4man a LoR run...Thats just it, raids WERE too easy.

Gerade eben schrieb dimo145:

"eventually" til this "eventually" or more like "soon tm" comes many communities will be dead, many vets will leave and this will continue. So now frankly to say it. Warframe don't have new players. It's simply plebs and veterans. New player is someone who comes to do  1 or 2 quests, gets confused and leaves. 21 mil registered accounts and just 30k at average is a joke. 

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410

??? Again, welcome to warframe. Its normal that ppl come and go once stuff is changed/being worked on/nothing to do.

7 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

Yeah, instead you were just forced to step on the glowy pads and deal with yelling if you didn't have specific frame.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb phoenix1992:

You realize that Umbra was shown 3 years ago, Dark Sectors were put down 3 years ago, DMG 3.0 is missing for more than 2 years, Zephyr deluxe among other content that is in "soon" status.

Having trust is good thing, having blind trust is not.

Umbra only was happening because of that thing after China Frame got it. Everyone hyped it up way too much. Im not having blind trust, I am only aware of the fact that DE is not a major dev and only has so many ppl working on things.

Everyone wants this and that and that other thing and this etc etc, yet ppl fail to realize they can only work on so much. Its coming, calm down.

1 minute ago, UrielColtan said:

Yeah, instead you were just forced to step on the glowy pads and deal with yelling if you didn't have specific frame.

Have fun getting yelled at for not having a specific frame for Eidolon hunting.

2 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

And you know that first hand, right?

3 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Umbra only was happening because of that thing after China Frame got it. Everyone hyped it up way too much. Im not having blind trust, I am only aware of the fact that DE is not a major dev and only has so many ppl working on things.

Sure, you are just telling people to wait for 3 more years.

vor 1 Minute schrieb UrielColtan:

Yeah instead you just forced to stepped on the glowy pads.

0/2 raids completed, apparently you cant step on buttons very well. But hey that's not the only raid, if you dislike standing on buttons and ccing try JV. I'm sure the raidbus can help you out so you at least get 1/3 raids completed ;)

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I have to ask this, what is exactly about raids that you actually enjoy? All I ever hear is that people just want it because they want to keep their end game. That’s just a very vague tag.

Btw you killed my synthesis target while I was scanning it yesterday. /sadface 

It’s fun to do compared to most of the content in the game. I would rather do 100 LoRs in a row than do 10 hours in Mot, it’s just more entertaining for me. I also enjoy the competition and rush of trying to get a certain time in the raids.

It was easy for me to enjoy raiding because I always had a goal. Ex: learn the raid, find a raid group, get a sub 15 lor, get a sub 12 lor. Every time I do a raid I have a goal set in my mind that I want to complete.

This can also apply to many other parts in the game. If you’re just playing the game to play, you’re going to eventually get bored. It took me a while to figure this out, but when I did it was pretty rewarding

Also, sorry for killing the target! :P

Archived