Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

Just now, aligatorno said:

Yeah, show him how he's wrong by acting exactly as he described. Good job at that. 

The question worth asking is how he would know raids were cancerous if he has never raided? The obvious answer is that he's either:

• Ignorant
  • In the bandwagon that opposes everything negative said about DE and embraces everything in support of DE.
  • Wanting to feel good about himself.

5 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

According to DE it was something like less than 5% of the playerbase that played the Trials.
So he's not wrong really...

Aren't a lot of the accounts just spares? As for players, people that left within the first 20 hours.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

not player != cancerous.

The reasons for the 5% have been well explained.

Yeah.

Starting with that they aren't RAIDS, they are Trials.
You stand on a button for 30 minutes while nothing happens and you shoot at a weak point/button over and over.
Buggy to an unholy mess, requiring additional attention almost every patch.

Visibility was not the real enemy of Trials.

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

No, but I can call this an amazing demonstration of his point regardless.  Congratulations on that, by the way, you've managed to make his point entirely validated and correct by acting like an elitist know-it-all.  Enjoy being the fun one at parties.

Sorry that everything I say is truth. Sorry that you, despite having done 10 raids, don't understand the point at all. Elitist? Hardly. It's called being competent on gathering info and using it. People with 0 trials runs (not completions, mind you), should really have no say in what happens to them.

3 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Raids aren't cancerous to any of the playerbase because of how they worked. It's the people like you, another kiddo with 0 trials done at all in your time playing, that show how fake your ideals are. The reason why mr founder buddy says that they were cancerous is due to the supply demand flux for those that refused or completely despised the low rewards from trials themselves. If he thinks the raid community is trash and toxic, he's completely wrong. Try RSB, raid clans, warframe discord servers, etc. All of them would gladly teach newbies who don't know how to do anything the mechanics.

But I don't expect a bandwagoning person like you to understand the good in keeping trials around.

Yeah, good job on throwing anyone who doesn't agree with you in the same pot. 

2 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

You stand on a button for 30 minutes while nothing happens and you shoot at a weak point/button over and over.

I don't know what trials you played but I never stood on a button for 30 minutes, nor shot at a weak point/button over and over.

If anything, the new "Dark Sectors" or whatever they're calling it now, actually fits that description better. Run to a spot and stand there while you charge, run to extraction, repeat.  

3 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

that's because I joined TLoR like 6 months ago. I did the raids a bunch when they came out and after like 2 months gave up because almost every run I did had 2-3 people yelling and screaming at the rest of the group for not doing things in the most optimal way and telling people to uninstall the game for making a mistake.

not like everyone does that. im actually glad i dont have to deal with this anymore because it got quite annoying being told to unistall or i should die because the host or other players got pissed at me or anyone else. this is the only thing im glad that is leaving but raids arent that bad its the players who either dont know what the are doing or they do and they think they are better then everyone else.

Just now, DarkFlameZealot said:

Sorry that everything I say is truth. Sorry that you, despite having done 10 raids, don't understand the point at all. Elitist? Hardly. It's called being competent on gathering info and using it. People with 0 trials runs (not completions, mind you), should really have no say in what happens to them.

There is no being competent on info gathering and use in Trials.

I've been playing Warframe since month one of invite only, I'm a veteran MMO player/raider.
I never touched Trials myself because they aren't RAIDS, they don't require skill or planning like the community around them loves to postulate over, they require tedious action and mind numbing standing still on a button.

I hope when DE brings back Trials as actual Raids like they've promised, they bring back something like the Raids in Destiny 1, which would quite easily be fitting for Warframe's gameplay once bullet jumping/etc is taken into account.

9 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Yeah.

Starting with that they aren't RAIDS, they are Trials.

That is entirely untrue. Raids may have been buggy, but nowhere near the level of bugs in PoE. They were always minor bugs - the raids were always playable and completable.

Visibility is the primary reason why not many players play raids - they don't even know they exist! The fault lies with DE on that end. Because of DE's failures, WFRSB was created to increase visibility and help teach players how to raid. 

Also, I'm going to keep posting this video to anyone who hasn't raided much or at all and thinks that raids are stale or boring pad and button-shooters. You can be ignorant and say raids are boring when you've never touched raids - I won't stop you. But spreading these lies is atrocious.

2 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

I never touched Trials myself because they aren't RAIDS, they don't require skill or planning like the community around them loves to postulate over, they require tedious action and mind numbing standing still on a button.

Perhaps you should touch one before claiming its all tedious acion and mind numbing standing still on a button.

il y a 16 minutes, DarkFlameZealot a dit :

ex3jiZL.pngfkmYhkO.png

Says the one kid with ZERO raids done at all. Not sure if this is because you're one of the morons just bandwagoning due to not wanting to interact with other players or just because you didn't feel like trying them at all despite being a FOUNDER. Pathetic, buddy, just pathetic.

95% cancer-inflicted by trials? Do you mean the entire population that we not only reached out to in order to try to teach them how to raid but also the entire population that wouldn't have a single arcane in their worthless pockets and builds without us? Gotcha, you have no idea what you're talking about. And no, you can't call this naming and shaming because your name is right there in the quoted post as well as here; exact same person.

You're just another bandwagon guy that wants to feel good about yourself, so go ahead and enjoy the nothingness that you ever accomplished :D

To be fair i've done the law of retribution many times the first months it was release and this site didn't have any records about these run :3

2 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

not like everyone does that. im actually i dont have to deal with this anymore because it got quite being told to unistall or i should die because the host or other players got pissed at me or anyone else. this is the only thing im glad that is leaving but raids arent that bad its the players who either dont know what the are doing or they do and they think they are better then everyone else.

you are correct. It was not the raids themselves that were cancerous, it was a lot of the raids player base.

I will admit that when I had a good raid where everyone was nice they were very enjoyable, but the problem is that only a fraction of the raids I did had nice people in them.

Just now, WolfTitan said:

That is entirely untrue. Raids may have been buggy, but nowhere near the level of bugs in PoE. They were always minor bugs - the raids were always playable and completable.

Visibility is the primary reason why not many players play raids - they don't even know they exist! The fault lies with DE on that end. Because of DE's failures, WFRSB was created to increase visibility and help teach players how to raid. 

Also, I'm going to keep posting this video to anyone who hasn't raided much or at all and things that raids are stale or boring pad and button-shooters. You can be ignorant and say raids are boring when you've never touched raid - I won't stop you. But spreading these lies is atrocious.

PoE shipped incomplete, anyone who's been paying attention can see that.

Ghouls were talked about and shown off months before PoE was released.
That new tank enemy with the ground pounder has existed as a model sitting up in the mountains since PoE released.
The variants on the Eidolons.
And plenty more examples exist of PoE being shipped before completion.

PoE was pushed/forced out the door early because it was taking so much Dev time/resources to complete, that other content was suffering, we didn't get the Sacrifice Quest last year because of PoE, we didn't get a fleshed out event for Plague Star because the Devs were so stretched thin.

PoE's state of buggyness makes perfect sense when you put together all of this, and considering it's NEW content the cluster of patch notes for it can be explained simply by this.
Trials have been in for ages however, and have more bugs over that time than PoE has in it's short release.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Perhaps you should touch one before claiming its all tedious acion and mind numbing standing still on a button.

Because I can't watch a youtube video, or a stream on Twitch, or ask my fellow veterans how they play out?

EDIT: I've literally been playing this game for about as long as it's possible to have been playing it.
I'm fairly certain at this point I don't need to directly play Trials to know how they work or feel.

3 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Because I can't watch a youtube video, or a stream on Twitch, or ask my fellow veterans how they play out?

EDIT: I've literally been playing this game for about as long as it's possible to have been playing it.
I'm fairly certain at this point I don't need to directly play Trials to know how they work or feel.

I know the for TLoR half the time no one would kill a single enemy until the end because it was all just about CC and throwing Booben traps so no enemy could shoot ever. And in TLoR a lot of the trial was standing on buttons. and if it wasnt standing on buttons it was walking beside the hijak thing, which might as well have been standing on a button.

1 minute ago, HerpDerpy said:

I know the for TLoR half the time no one would kill a single enemy until the end because it was all just about CC and throwing Booben traps so no enemy could shoot ever. And in TLoR a lot of the trial was standing on buttons. and if it wasnt standing on buttons it was walking beside the hijak thing, which might as well have been standing on a button.

Better than standing in the same spot attacking Eidolons, am I right?

1 minute ago, WolfTitan said:

Better than standing in the same spot attacking Eidolons, am I right?

Pretty sure there's a lot of movement and action in an Eidolon fight.

Or at least there is whenever I do it, dashing back and forth, running ahead of the Eidolons to keep up with them etc.

Archived