Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

Raids were cancerous to 95% of the player-base. I have 0 problems seeing them go. 

"I don't like something so it should be removed"

Yea, let us just give conclave players the finger because we don't like to play how someone else does. Ironic that you call raids cancerous with the way you said your comment. Bravo.

Me thinks some folks might wanna fix their crowns of totally-not-elitism here. It sure shines, but doesn't cause any respect for them. (EDIT: meant both sides). Won't be bothering with pointing out. As for the issues... well.

I understand some players loved or get used to Raids/Trials, but I can also see how they failed DE's expectations.

RSB's dedication and desire to help is good and amazing, but it shouldn't be mandatory or an excuse for flawed design to begin with. Even if RSB could teach everyone to play the Raids, it still doesn't mean everyone will be okay with the trials and the way to obtain the Arcanes. Mechanics- & performance-wise the Trials is a failure. If performance failure is obvious, the core issues of mechanics are: Raids/Trials don't follow the flow of the game in the first place. It's actually the opposite if you don't count little parts like hijack or decryption. Then there's Lotus that provides zero info; almost nowhere in the regular gameplay you're facing pads and team-coordination elements (at least the doors of friendship say what you need to know); the Salvage/Decryption part should've came first and only then it should've been TJV's turn and it's not like it's the most problematic part of TJV -- the Nerves stage is much more complicated and basically impossible for some players without using unofficial guides. And then, at one point, DE just gave up themselves, probably finally admitting that it doesn't work/meet their expectations.

I also remember TGDM's topic on the r/:

If you dig deeper: google, r/warframe, forums etc., you'll find even more.

1 hour ago, WolfTitan said:

That is entirely untrue. Raids may have been buggy, but nowhere near the level of bugs in PoE. They were always minor bugs - the raids were always playable and completable.

Nooot really, unfortunately.

Down the list, something I remember for sure:

TLoR:

Desynced Fomorian Core.

Shadow of the Dead completely breaking the last TLoR stage.

Instant failure opon entering the puzzle Stage#2 room due to 'not having enough players'.

TJV:

Elytron's Warhead pushing Jordas off his docking spot making it impossible to progress (was on our first run).

Jordas' docking scripts breaking if you deal enough damage during vulnerability phase way too quick/mid-animation.

Jordas getting misdocked with a small chance you may be able to find sweet spot to push the spore into, or not -- forcing to abort.

No enemies on vaporizer stages.

Esophages double-playing animation resulting in the player getting spilled back to initial location.

Esophages spilling the player out of the map.

Esophages working for host only.

Random crashes.

The probability of desync in general.

I've ran a handful of raids, and personally believe my squad (the people who also taught me the raids) and I were kind of good at them, and remained non cancerous to the random new guys we would bring along from time to time. Sure they aren't perfect, but they were a nice change of pace from the normal game modes, and even if the arcanes you got were bad, you at least got a decent amount of credits. I'm personally sad to see them go, it was nice having a reason to plug the mic in. To those who haven't done them, I'd suggest trying them at least once, they're a great deal more fun than they appear on video.

The only people I have ever encountered in Warframe who've screamed at me over VOIP, in the five years I have played, were the random players I encountered in Trials. From what I've seen in this very post, Trial defenders have the same elite attitude that raid content fosters. It's a toxic environment that has dragged down the game socially, economically, and developmentally. 

Quite frankly, I'm surprised Trials weren't removed any sooner.

12 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

The only people I have ever encountered in Warframe who've screamed at me over VOIP, in the five years I have played, were the random players I encountered in Trials. From what I've seen in this very post, Trial defenders have the same elite attitude that raid content fosters. It's a toxic environment that has dragged down the game socially, economically, and developmentally. 

Quite frankly, I'm surprised Trials weren't removed any sooner.

Not very fair to judge an entire group by what is in essence a pub game. The trial run I did with my flatmates was pretty patient even though I lagged behind a lot - the only reason I didn't do JV was because my archwing skills are as lacking as my plat amount.

1 minute ago, Cryptix123 said:

Not very fair to judge an entire group by what is in essence a pub game. The trial run I did with my flatmates was pretty patient even though I lagged behind a lot - the only reason I didn't do JV was because my archwing skills are as lacking as my plat amount.

Look at the posts above. The only vitriol comes from the Trial defenders. My point isn't I played a game with some toxic players - my point is in all of five years of playtime the only toxicity I've encountered in force was during Trials. It's the Trials themselves and their design which foster an elitist culture among their proponents.

23 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Look at the posts above. The only vitriol comes from the Trial defenders. My point isn't I played a game with some toxic players - my point is in all of five years of playtime the only toxicity I've encountered in force was during Trials. It's the Trials themselves and their design which foster an elitist culture among their proponents.

Can you really blame them though? I never played many trials, I've done like 6 LoRs and 3 JVs, I never sold an arcane, but the attitude that certain forum posters have of laughing in people's faces because their favourite game-mode is getting removed while constantly sucking up to DE honestly pisses me off and it's certainly more "toxic" than anything I've seen from the trials community.

While I'm still too new to ever have cracked the Trials, I kinda got this sense from Devstream 106 that part of the reason they were taking them out wasn't because of bad design or massive hate, it was because they were so buggy, and people always were pestering them to fix them, and Steve came off as kind of sick of having to fix them.

Which seems - understandable, but disingenuous somehow. You want to refocus development resources on Plains because those had a real return on investment in terms of player count and whatnot, that's fine, but Raids never damaged the community in the way that, say, Dark Sectors did, where they pulled them out to stop the bitterness over the insane monopolization that took place there. Raids were, ultimately, harmless. Couldn't they have just said 'we're not really focused on fixing raid bugs lolol' and left it at that? Or was the idea that Eidolons and world bosses along those lines were to be the real future of the endgame, and they wanted to shear off some excess systems that they figured were superfluous? I just can't parse it.

5 minutes ago, --PV--GLR_NazbolGang said:

Can you really blame them though? I never played many trials, I've done like 6 LoRs and 3 JVs, I never sold an arcane, but the attitude that certain forum posters have of laughing in people's faces because their favourite game-mode is getting removed while constantly sucking up to DE honestly pisses me off and it's certainly more "toxic" than anything I've seen from the trials community.

Is it sucking up to agree with DE that they should stop wasting resources/time on Trials when other parts of the game need their attention?

I'd much rather see PoE COMPLETED and Venus landscape released at least more completed than PoE was on release and see the two cinematic quests in dev hell finally released than keep Trials around.

25 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

You're lucky then, I've encountered toxicity in every part of the game, mostly during alerts and fissures. I don't neccessarily think the sample size here accurately portrays the whole raiding community. what I'm seeing here is multiple people celebrating the fact that content is being removed, and even being joyful about the fact that people who enjoy it wont be able to run it anymore. Raiders have a right to be upset, and even more so, when people are mocking them for defending content they enjoy and insulting them. As I read through all of these raid posts I'm seeing equal amounts of toxicity from both sides.

2 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Is it sucking up to agree with DE that they should stop wasting resources/time on Trials when other parts of the game need their attention?

I'd much rather see PoE COMPLETED and Venus landscape released at least more completed than PoE was on release and see the two cinematic quests in dev hell finally released than keep Trials around.

I agree with you, actually. The sucking up is when people think DE can do no wrong and that the steps that have been taken during the process of removing trials weren't done in a heavily flawed fashion. I'm fine with trials being temporarily removed. The problem with the way this decision was implemented is that nobody knows what exactly temporary means here, there was no plan whatsoever regarding their future reintroduction, the Devstream segment that was supposed to provide additional information on the situation ended up giving literally nothing, and overall it just looks like the tremendous amount of feedback being given by people who enjoyed trials was completely brushed aside.

12 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I swore to never do Jordas after I did it on it's release day, and spent like 9 hours in mission...

I did the same when it took my fireteam 6 hours to complete the Pleasure Gardens in the Destiny 2 (sorry for confusion, thought Diablo 2 was dead by now) raid. Guess who now has 60+ completions of it.

You gave up because it was new and nobody knew how to do anything. You suffer because it won't hold you hand like the rest, but now we can run 20min JVs (no idiots ofc), even when teaching/carrying one or 2 newbies and light-teaching as they don't have injectors.

Sad to see you give up, but that's just the general population of Warframe I guess when it comes to hard missions. Wish you had come back to raid more.

4 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

I did the same when it took my fireteam 6 hours to complete the Pleasure Gardens in the D2 raid. Guess who now has 60+ completions of it.

You gave up because it was new and nobody knew how to do anything. You suffer because it won't hold you hand like the rest, but now we can run 20min JVs (no idiots ofc), even when teaching/carrying one or 2 newbies and light-teaching as they don't have injectors.

Sad to see you give up, but that's just the general population of Warframe I guess when it comes to hard missions. Wish you had come back to raid more.

D2 is diablo 2 not destiny

if i want my skull caved in over and over ill play dark souls. When i want to do the skull caving i play warframe. When i feel like being tilted to F*** ill play starcraft2. Warframe never needed to be hard to be fun.

Archived