Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

You said Ostron Standing hasn't changed, I made my counter argument that it has. Did I say it was a bad change? I like getting standing faster and so does everyone else.

Given the context of the thread I assumed the intention behind me saying that was obvious. You're misconstruing my words to have an argument.

You claimed that new players can't do Eidolons. I proved you wrong because you can join through pubs. You can't get carried in a raid unless the host doesn't care or you already talked to them. In Eidolons, you are forced to carry the pub who joined without an amp or leave.

New players cannot do Eidolons though. What are they going to do, shoot it with their Braton until it dies from laughter?

New players can be carried through Eidolons, just as they were able to be carried through raids. You mention not being carried in raids unless the host doesn't care, does that not apply to everyone who pubs Eidolon fights? Going in eyes closed seems like the epitome of not really caring about the squad. 

Relics dropping from bounties make it easier for everyone, and you can do bounties through public matchmaking. It caters to noobs as well as older players. Again, did I say that I don't like this and that faster relics are a bad change?

You were arguing against me when I was clearly refuting that the the change in no way alienates older players. I mean, are you for real? First you're pulling out the counter arguments, but the next post suddenly you agree with me and have no real reason to counter argue? Why argue then? Sad...

Stop making it sound like I am the bad guy. You are taking words out of context to fit your hatred towards me. It's fine.

Says the person who apparently decided to argue with me despite the obvious intent of my post.

I say Ostron Standing hasn't changed, which given the context of the thread means that there's been no change that alienates older players. But no, you took my words out of context and tried to have a cute little argument. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

The more people hate me, the more I know that I am not the classic forum shill saying "THX DE" on every patch note. Have a great day. 

You're correct, you're the classic forum shill that posts memes on patch notes for upvotes. Have a great day too :)

4 hours ago, Tellakey said:

DE addressed this partly by stating they are still doing the finishing touches on PoE. Everything we have right now was originally planned for the PoE release. They are not pushing everything into the plains just because. However, I do agree that there is a bit of a dearth of veteran content. Hopefully, Umbra will mitigate this issue.

The unvaulted relics are not supposed to be veteran content so I don't see an issue with them being on the plains.

Raids are broken, DE wants to rework them.

they wont even return the originals.

if at all

last time they reworked something and temporarily put it to rest was dark sectors. 3 years ago.

bruh, please learn to paragraph, it saves people's eyes a lot of strain.

4 hours ago, krimit said:

all the things of value in the game

value is still somewhat subjective. I consider Rivens to be valuable, but Teralysts don't drop those.

arcanes

...are moved temporarily. now whether or not the raids ever come back is another discussion for another day, but the plan so far is to keep them on Eidolons until raids come back. it won't be this way forever, personally I'm rubbing my hands together with glee as I don't get to Raid very often but killing Eidolons is easy.

complexity of the raids

they aren't really that complex though. you CC the enemies rather than kill them and focus on objectives, the only hard part is communicating properly with team-mates. aside from mics being essential, it's not much different from trying to speedrun a Sortie.

as others have mentioned, this whole "noobs can kill Eidolons" mentality is totally false; everyone has to reach at least The War Within in order to even touch a Teralyst, by which point you shouldn't really be considered a "noob" anymore. even if you carry one through, what are they gonna do with Cores and Standing when they haven't even unlocked their Focus yet? not a whole lot.

I've been playing for five years. I've seen the game come a long way but what your saying is false. The game is just evolving and that's ok. The things u mentioned on planes noobs can't do. Me and other vets have carried noobs and have showed them how to do it. It does not work for them. There just changing the content so everyone has something new to do. I am gonna miss raids but it's not like de isn't gonna add something just as good. Take it from someone who's  been playing for a long time ,there just gonna add something just as good. It's also good that the game evolves it's only natural. Gives something new for old players and draws in newcomers.

Raids need some love from the community.

It Will be taken down for now, i will accept it only if they prioritise creating a new one tophaste after venus, khora and damage whatever.

Show to your veteran some love.

15 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You're correct, you're the classic forum shill that posts memes on patch notes for upvotes. Have a great day too :)

It's funny because my low effort meme content provides more insight and fair criticism than any other suggestion that you ever sweated over your keyboard for the past few years, all while doing it in in a light hearted palatable manner, while having insight about real hardcore players who have showed some distance over the past few updates. Sorry for being different.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It's funny because my low effort meme content provides more insight and fair criticism than any other suggestion that you ever sweated over your keyboard for the past few years, all while doing it in in a light hearted palatable manner, while having insight about real hardcore players who have showed some distance over the past few updates. Sorry for being different.

How is this fair criticism? Shield Disruption affecting Teralysts was a blatant flaw that needed to be fixed.

This one was a humourous image of Volt with a fishing spear. Nothing to do with Volt or Fishing had changed in that patch note, it was an irrelevant meme. How is that insight or criticism?

Nothing to do with bounty rewards in this patch, yet you posted this. How can this be critical if there's nothing relevant in the thread to critique?

Regardless, you didn't bother countering my point about you looking for an argument and this has devolved into mere ad hominem, so whatever. :thumbup:

$&*^swinging aside, no i don't believe they are alienating older players.

I did raids 3 times, 3 miserable times that all failed due to bugs and all were accompanied by excessive toxicity towards any person who even remotely messed up or didn't know where to go, maybe 1 or 2 would speak up and help, but the rest would either stay silent or hurl insults, I'm thankful that i took a bit of time to educate myself on LoR before heading there because god damn that was one of the worst experiences that i had to go through in this game. and unfortunately Eidolons are slowly heading the same road.

No DE isn't alienating older players, the Raid community was alienating all players, of course there are outliers like the RSB community, but the majority were cancerous. it is unfortunate that good communities have to deal with something they enjoy being removed, but a change had to happen sooner or later.

Making tedious things easier to farm isn't DE catering to new players, it benefits everyone, tedium of farm isn't something that anyone wants, it isn't the "endgame" that people want so lets not try to make it seem that way. DE reworking acquisition isn't alienating older players, its making their boring daily routine more tolerable.

raids are far more accessible than eidolons lol

like, get a trin or rhino or volt or nova and you can be the healer/CC/battery carrier without much effort in your build

hydrolyst runs? there's more gearchecks. you don't have the proper amp? you're out. no arcanes? you're out. no void strike? you're out. no archwing charges? you're out. no frames that are deemed necessary for 3-4 hydro runs a night? you're out.

now i'm not claiming hydrolyst are harder than raids oh nooo sir, it's just a lot more of a pain in the a** to get into which makes it less accessible for new players

and you can get carried in both anyways

while i lament the loss of RSB """endgame""" content never existed and certainly not in raids nor eidolons

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

How is this fair criticism? Shield Disruption affecting Teralysts was a blatant flaw that needed to be fixed.

This one was a humourous image of Volt with a fishing spear. Nothing to do with Volt or Fishing had changed in that patch note, it was an irrelevant meme. How is that insight or criticism?

Nothing to do with bounty rewards in this patch, yet you posted this. How can this be critical if there's nothing relevant in the thread to critique?

Regardless, you didn't bother countering my point about you looking for an argument and this has devolved into mere ad hominem, so whatever. :thumbup:

Sure no problem

1) Because almost every hardcore player, speed runner etc... Abides by CP regardless. 2 exceptions I can think of are Ash and Atlas. Otherwise most people of my caliber, know that Corrosive Projection is the best choice for almost every build. That's not to demean anyone, use whatever you want but objectively CP is the best aura in the game as of now. When Eidolons came out we really liked that DE was allowing players to use other auras in order to deal with content. It allowed vets to use other parts of their arsenal. 

If you believe that SD is flawed on teralysts than you also believe that the use of CP is also a blatant flaw. I personally prefer giving players power and choice so making sd ineffective on eidolons was not a good idea.

2) Perhaps it was to give insight on a certain exploit so that DE can fix or change it in a lighthearted way. So are all the other DE forum "trolls" /s who constantly post bug reports and exploit complaints on patch notes. Are they irrelevant too?

3) And how is that not relevant in the grand scheme of things? PoE provides almost nothing for veterans, bounties are repetitive and boring, the defense objectives are a waste of time and at most you get almost no kuva, most of the time not even enough for the first roll on the highest level bounty, which if I may add has slightly stronger enemies than you usually see at that level.

You see the post and because it has no relation to the current patch notes and dont consider that its about the current state of the game then its considered irrelevant, how about all the other times he posted about Jordas misdocks it was a game breaking bug and what it should be irrelevant because the patchnotes had nothing to do with the raid itself, how about all the other people who post bugs in the patch notes  are those irrelevant too?

Just because someone posts in a different way than you do, does not mean that the meaning is reduced. And just because it's a way you don't like doesnt make it any more or less relevant. The message is clear as day, it demonstrates that state and sentiment that many raiders and veterans feel and above that you just cherry picked the posts that you deemed were irrelevant yet its abundantly clear that those posts, based on the time of post demonstrate the sentiment of some veterans in the game and their disdain towards the PoE game play loop. Best part is in particular topic, I don't even agree with the @(*()$ guy, and yet you have managed to lose enough scruples for me to take his side.

Also wheres the critique when people post "thx DE" seconds after a patch releases? how can you critique something if you only played it for 5 micro seconds or didn't even download the patch? But yea Voltage's posts are the worst, they totally don't talk about the problems that have been in the game for days prior already /s

Heres some books I can suggest to you, 

This Means This - A guide to Semiotics: Displays the study of interpreting the image along with its context and perceived meaning

The Critique Handbook - A book detailing the importance of understanding any work (through the lens of an art practice ovbs memes arent art) but it allows readers to understand form in relation to content and the reason why people post the thing they do and the manner in which they post them in an objective and critical manner while understand the full context.

13 minutes ago, Eureka.seveN said:

~snip~

1) Corrosive Projection being used in most standard missions is not comparable to skipping an entire phase of a Boss, particularly a phase in which you use Operators, something DE is quite keen on.

2) Posting funny memes and nothing else is not constructive. Constructive is making a thread, constructive is actually typing words that outline the issue. 

3) Who's talking grand scheme of things? I'm talking about random meme posts in patch notes. 

Posting that there is an issue and linking a thread that describes the issue in detail is acceptable. Farming upvotes and pretending you're some 'holier than thou' poster is not (referring to their claim of not being a ''classic forum shill''). 

And stop with this ''they just post different''. Voltage is more than capable of posting constructively when they want to, therefore there is no excuse for not doing so.

Thanks for the super patronising final point, that totally adds to your point rather than seeking to merely demean me.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Cooperative?  I spent half the time with some kid shouting orders at me with where to stand, which switch to activate, who i can and cannot attack.....yup, such coordination -_-  I won't miss 'em.  

Regardless, better things to come.  A true Warframe fan knows this. :)  So have faith in DE.

...Did you quote me here, but use the text from another of my posts?

Using one person to summarise a group of people eh? Hm.

In China.

New players can't kill eidolons by themselves.

Some old players don't want to play with new players when they are fighting with eidolons.

It cause new players can't update operator‘s weapon.

So new players seldom kill eidolons.

A vicious circle.

6 hours ago, God_of_Salt said:

Just because you didn't like and didn't play them doesen't mean that a lot of people weren't happy with them. always look at both sides of the coin

I do, but i don't remember seeing the words 'some veterans' in the ops topic. Did you?

IMO OP is right, as someone who owned 4 full arcane energize sets, farmed for YEARS, doing JV everyday, i feel completely disappointed. Now you browse trade chat and see how Avenger goes down to 50p value or energize going for 100p...  Its ridiculous how the only long-term goal in this game can be basically spammed in one day, you can get what, 15+ arcanes in one night in POE? Now how much is it over 24 hours irl? Compare that to old raid system where you had THREE chances per 24hr to get an arcane. And people say that DE is respectful towards their veteran playerbase? yea, I can totally see that. But HEY! those amazing players who never cared to play raids are now really happy, right? because working hard to get stuff is wrong, people should have everything served to them on a silver plate.

All i have to say is Thank You DE for wasting my time.

Update 22.14.0, released on the 1st of March 2018, is the infamous update that ended all trials. The shock effect of this update is far-reaching. While the raid community is small compared to the overall population of the game, it's had an enormous impact in upping the quality of gameplay: teachers putting in countless hours to guide troves of new players through raids and platforms providing the space and freedom to socialize and form bonds stronger than even their connection to Warframe.

I've listened to sniffles and occasional bursts of tears throughout the last days. As the end neared, there was much love and support surrounding players and communities, with one reassuring the other that while the end of trials would create an uncertain future for them, their friendships would be everlasting. There's no doubt that there will be more of this today and in the coming days. And with over 1,300 raids completed, I completely share the same sentiment. It has not been easy, but we've made the last few days really count and shine.

It was an amazing run, one that will stay with me for life. For that, I owe a debt of gratitude to DE. Let us not forget the blow to those who have never done and never will do raids. Let us not forget the fun-filled memories from each and every raid. To all who have raided with me, thanks for making Warframe an exciting part of my life. It has been a pleasure and great honor to have had the chance to raid with you. I dedicate this video to all my Friends, fellow Raiders, the Raid Community, and all those who have missed this opportunity. May the trials return in the near future as something truly end-game for Warframe. Peace.

Hats off to any development team willing to take a step back, admit when something isn't working, and even take it offline to retool it.

If you've never watched a developer double down on terrible ideas instead of reworking them, you don't know just how much you should appreciate what DE is doing here...

On 2/7/2018 at 4:37 PM, Kertezium said:

Disappointed... This is really going to ruin some of the daily interaction I had with my clan. Not to mention not everybody is "into" PoE, myself included. Yet again I'm being forced to go to the plains. Placing certain rewards only on the Plains ain't going to make me magically like it.

I agree. I think PoE is a PoS and DE is trying to force us to play it by putting many of the rewards only there. What a crock of $h!+. Might be done with this game for awhile.

47 minutes ago, TheRealDestian said:

Hats off to any development team willing to take a step back, admit when something isn't working, and even take it offline to retool it.

If you've never watched a developer double down on terrible ideas instead of reworking them, you don't know just how much you should appreciate what DE is doing here...

BS!!!! Even so, there's no real reason to remove it until the replacement was being implemented.

Also, why hasn't the Conclave been removed? It's so much worse than the trials and gets played even less.

7 hours ago, j6laze said:

BS!!!! Even so, there's no real reason to remove it until the replacement was being implemented.

Also, why hasn't the Conclave been removed? It's so much worse than the trials and gets played even less.

I dunno... because it works and only needs some balance changes that 2 people manage in their spare time?

Its hardly on the same level.

Archived