Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Transmutation

malekas

I don't mind that kind of RNG if they add more ways to obtain rivens... kinda like, every 3 to 5 sorties you'll be rewarded with a riven apart from the normal reward... because throwing 4 rivens for a chance to draw out something good of a pool of... 350 weapons or so, isn't healthy for the game...

PS: Also i don't mind rolling a riven 50+ times (because you know... RNG) if they add more ways to obtain kuva. The kuva machine thing is slow, boring and annoying at this point.

I might be wrong, but it looks like selling 4 trash Rivens for platinum and then buying one veiled brings more value than transmuting. Veiled rifle Riven costs 35 platinum, you get can get more than that by selling most of the times. Unless you are after shotgun Rivens which cost an insane amount of platinum.

7 hours ago, PonasJuliusLT said:

I might be wrong, but it looks like selling 4 trash Rivens for platinum and then buying one veiled brings more value than transmuting. Veiled rifle Riven costs 35 platinum, you get can get more than that by selling most of the times. Unless you are after shotgun Rivens which cost an insane amount of platinum.

I had said the same thing.  I have a hard time envisioning having 4 rivens that you couldn't get a grand total of 35 plat for.

The transmuter is a joke  - luckily April 1st is coming - perhaps they can introduce it to consoles then.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

9 hours ago, PonasJuliusLT said:

At this point, it takes a long time to sell trash rivens for even bottom barrel prices. The transmuter is probably a faster and better way to exchange.

I am starting to have use of one.  I have a Jaw Sword, Gorgon, Single Ether Sword, and Nami Solo riven that I am not going to use and don't care to trade.  They are just sitting in some of the 30 slots I have.  Turning them into endo seems like kinda a waste and even if I get something like a Cycron riven it frees up the slots.  If I happen to get more rivens I don't want to keep/sell/give away I can recycle them too with another one.  It keeps my rivens slots open with a small chance of getting something I might keep or sell.  It is not like I am forced to use it if I don't want to.

I can see people not liking the RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG.  I don't take rivens that seriously.  I have a lot of meta weapon rivens that have stats I deem good enough, and I have never rolled a riven so many times at to hit the max Kuva cap.  I don't do much trading, and I am not looking for the next big platinum score.  Just rivens that can make weapons I like into ones that can be used in the content I play more easily or make the weapon more enjoyable to wield (I have a bunch of recoil reducing ones for weapons that is  a big issue).

The main problem I see is that you get an average of 1-2 Rivens a week from sorties but a good team can get 6 transmuters in a single night cycle. Where are you gonna get 24 Rivens to use for transmutation? There is no way other than buying them off other people, and if you have enough platinum to buy rivens at the same pace you get transmuters then why not just buy the riven you want directly, without the risk of losing it all to a bad luck streak?

The idea of transmuting rivens is good, it's just that the math doesn't make sense. I just play casually and within a mere two weeks since their introduction, I already have 16 transmuters in my inventory. To use them all I'd need 64 Rivens and I'm not sure I've even obtained that many for my entire time playing Warframe. Oh, and they can't even be sold for credits.

With how common they are right now, they simply cannot all be put to their intended use. The only way to plausibly achieve that for most players would be making them a 1:1 conversion, at which point you might as well just give the fight a chance to drop a veiled Riven...

So overall, unless it's a very poor attempt at making people waste tons of platinum on trades, I think this one should go back to the drawing board. I mean you could give them an alternative use, like selling them for credits or Kuva, but that "alternative" use would end up becoming the primary use just because of how much harder it is to get 4 Rivens.

It's pointless in current state, tried it once and it was waste of time. Other than doing it with 4 absolutely terrible rivens, sentinel weapons and such I don't see myself using transmutation ever again.

There need to be options that consume more than 1 transmuter for additional effects.

1 Transmuter - it's random

5 Transmuters - you can pick weapon type

20 Transmuters - you can pick specific weapon

Edited by -Trey-

On 2/8/2018 at 6:02 AM, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Maybe I can help fill ya'll in as to why this is a good thing for some players.

There are those of us that want rivens.  And we don't mind grinding sorties for them.  But at the same time, we hate the riven market.  It's beyond a timesink and the haggling and what is a god roll what isn't a godroll....for consoles it's beyond tedious.   And the majority of your rivens aren't super awesome.  I just gave 5 of them away to my clan members because selling trash rivens is a pain but it seems like they should be more than just fuel for endo.

So having a way to transmute 4 thrash rivens into one new to me riven is extremely useful to a player like myself because I don't mind the grind.  I prefer it over having to mess with the trade chat and having to farm things to sell in order to get the plat to be able to trade in the first place.  

I just hope they increase the amount of rivens you can own to account for this change in the rivensphere.  Not by a ton, but by some.  Say 4 or 5.   

Honestly, there's no need to increase Riven cap with this change, because now, 4 unused Riven slots, taken up by useless rivens, will be used to transmute into ONE, hopefully better, Riven....thus freeing up 3 of those 4 slots.

So...basically, rather than sitting on crap, this gives us something to do with 'em.  That's the reason for it.  I like this concept.

4 hours ago, Winterbraid said:

The main problem I see is that you get an average of 1-2 Rivens a week from sorties but a good team can get 6 transmuters in a single night cycle. Where are you gonna get 24 Rivens to use for transmutation? There is no way other than buying them off other people, and if you have enough platinum to buy rivens at the same pace you get transmuters then why not just buy the riven you want directly, without the risk of losing it all to a bad luck streak?

The idea of transmuting rivens is good, it's just that the math doesn't make sense. I just play casually and within a mere two weeks since their introduction, I already have 16 transmuters in my inventory. To use them all I'd need 64 Rivens and I'm not sure I've even obtained that many for my entire time playing Warframe. Oh, and they can't even be sold for credits.

With how common they are right now, they simply cannot all be put to their intended use. The only way to plausibly achieve that for most players would be making them a 1:1 conversion, at which point you might as well just give the fight a chance to drop a veiled Riven...

So overall, unless it's a very poor attempt at making people waste tons of platinum on trades, I think this one should go back to the drawing board. I mean you could give them an alternative use, like selling them for credits or Kuva, but that "alternative" use would end up becoming the primary use just because of how much harder it is to get 4 Rivens.

You do realize you can actually transmute the transmuted Rivens...

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

You do realize you can actually transmute the transmuted Rivens...

As long as a transmutation requires more than one Riven, you will still always run out of Rivens faster than transmuters. The edge case is 2:1 where you end up with one Riven to use with your next transmutation, but you still need to get another Riven from somewhere before you can spend another transmuter. So you can essentially use a transmuter every time you get a Riven, which doesn't solve the problem of being able to get multiple transmuters in one day when you can't get more than 1 Riven a day through regular gameplay.

In my case, after taking the results of transmutation into account, I'd actually need "only" 49 Rivens (4 + 15 * 3) to spend my 16 transmuters since only the first transmutation actually costs 4 Rivens, each one after that effectively costs 3 since I still have one Riven from the previous transmutation.

Edited by Winterbraid

Bunch of whiners in this thread.   And the biggest complainers are the ones who turn all their rivens into endo anyway or play "casually".  Transmuting isn't meant for you.  I personally can't wait for this feature to come to Xbox.

1.  I'll get transmuters faster than I get Rivens?  Maybe eventually, but right now I have a backlog of 57 rivens, about 30 of which I'd probably transmute.  Besides, play long enough and every rare and valuable resource eventually becomes useless.  Think of Orokin reactors or cells.  It's the nature of the game.

2.  Too much RNG?  Warframe is RNG.  There are very few instances where you can bypass RNG.  I'm happy for the chance to turn resources I'm not using into something I might use.

3.  Better to sell the junk rivens for plat then buy the one I want?  If all I cared about is plat, I'd just sell each riven I got before I unveiled it.  Odds are it's worth more that way.  But I enjoy the challenge and I have plenty of plat.  I rarely engage in trading anymore except when I'm near capacity on something like Rivens or syndicate standing.  Selling undesirable rivens for plat takes a huge time investment for a small return,  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This system is perfectly fine and much needed.

If there was no RNG and one could choose a weapon... whole riven farm thing would collapse.
Now think about those people who got their Scoliac or any high value Riven with over 1k Platinum price...

When DE would allow us to get any riven we like... This would be great example of backstabbing.

ATM i see this option as really good one... as i just got another Stug riven and  Endo you get per Riven is completely worthless.
So now i have a option to clear my inventory of useless Rivens that wont sell and i wont use either... but there is a chance to get something i would use.
Whats bad about it? :D

Now just need to take my lazy ass to POE and kill some Teras.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This system is perfectly fine and much needed.

If there was no RNG and one could choose a weapon... whole riven farm thing would collapse.
Now think about those people who got their Scoliac or any high value Riven with over 1k Platinum price...

When DE would allow us to get any riven we like... This would be great example of backstabbing.

ATM i see this option as really good one... as i just got another Stug riven and  Endo you get per Riven is completely worthless.
So now i have a option to clear my inventory of useless Rivens that wont sell and i wont use either... but there is a chance to get something i would use.
Whats bad about it? :D

Now just need to take my lazy ass to POE and kill some Teras.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:41 AM, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Reviewing this thread, I'm reminded of a quote, "If common sense was common, we wouldn't have a name for it".  

Endo:  I have two trash rivens I would gladly transmute today.  If I converted them to endo I'd get maybe 320ish endo.  If I doubled that amount (4 rivens) I'll ballpark it at 700.  Which is a relatively small amount of endo.  To put this in perspective; the lowest Ayatan Sculpture when filled with stars is under 1500 endo and 700 endo will max out a common mod like Pressure Point with some left over.  And don't even start frothing at the mouth about "that's a lot to new players" - Rivens drop from sorties and you pretty much have to be MR12 to open those up. 

So if you're telling me that < 1000 endo has greater value to you than the possibility to get a new riven for something that you already use or want to make infinitely better then my recommendation would be that you immediately start in the exciting field of prostitution and get addicted to heroin.  Since you've already displayed that you have next to no viable cognitive skills, this is likely where you're going to end up anyways, so why wait?  Act now.  

We're talking about trash rivens.  Not rivens.  Trash rivens.  Stuff you can't even get anyone to look at buying on the market.  They have almost no value other than scraps of endo and a pittance of credits.  There's no math here.  1+1 does equal 2.  

"Lottery rng bad herp derp": I won't say this is the single dumbest thing I've ever seen on any message board ever, anywhere since the beginning of time; but I wouldn't argue against it.

So you don't want to have to deal with more RNG?  Why are you even here?  The whole game is built around RNG.  I think the only two places in the entire game where you can run a single instance that is not an alert and be guaranteed a specific reward is Clem and Maroo's weekly's (and even then only one is truly guaranteed).  That's it.  In the whole damn game you have a handful of alerts per day and two weekly's.  The rest is ALL RNG.  This is about as asinine as logging into BF1 and whining about having to shoot everything all the time.  

So it's a different kind of RNG?  OH NOES...MUST UNISTALL!  Seriously, this makes about as much sense as another Fantastic Four reboot from Fox.  It's so cosmically dense it bends light. 

Lore: It's not my bag, but for those of you that are seriously up in arms about Terries having Kuva based items, you absolutely have a right to feel a little zinged and it it sucks that it lessens your player experience. 

I mean, it's not like anything else in this game about undead space ninjas with magical powers (but only FOUR) that are actually piloted by young children who have been comatose for decades/centuries/eons who are lead around by an evolved speak and spell who keeps you in the dark about everything you do and refuses to fork over free forma on a regular basis while fighting off hordes of enemies that have the ability to lock you and three of your friends into a hallway until the end of time but can't seem to put 2 strips of duct tape over ceiling vents to prevent said young children remotely piloting (except for when they choose to pop out of the suit and then immediately return to their orbiter ship because - transference) said magically imbued zombie space ninjas from breaking into their space born battle galleons or highly secure military bases doesn't make any sense. 

Yeah, I guess you got me there.  Shucks, we might as well take off and nuke the entire server from orbit...it's the only way to be sure...to protect the lore.

This. Was. HILARIOUS!!!  xD  Also, extremely accurate. 

On 2/9/2018 at 8:59 AM, jd2fs said:

It is not about just RNG. It is about the expected value of that RNG. When you spend time in warframe, there is an expectation of some value added for the overall time you spend on it whether it be enjoyment, new toy to play with, plat etc.. For most missions where you don't get what you're looking for, there are still residue of your effort (wisp, relics, armor drop, endo). If the transmutation rng is bad, you could only get 1 thing of value out of 10 times you do it. Even Hypernaut1 pointed out there is going lot of salt if this doesn't work out right.  Plus, you're wasting riven slots (plats that could have be better spent on something else) to keep those rivens in storage. That is wasting a few months worth of effort on some hope of striking gold. It is worse than getting ayatan sculptures. For me, that is plain not enough. There need to be some guard against bad rng to allow for value to accumulate. - have more (5) choice than just 1, prevent duplicate (if you have same riven or using that for transmutation, then that shouldn't be the end product), use transmutation to lock in a stat instead of generating a new riven. 

What are you on about?   Trading 4 scraps of crumbled up newspaper for a CHANCE at a $100 bill is a GREAT thing.  At WORST rng leaves me with more crumbled newspaper...but now I have less of it to carry around.  How is that in any way bad?

And the "value added" for playing the game is....dun dun dun...PLAYING THE GAME.  If you're not enjoying the process, you probably don't belong on Warframe.

As for Anasa being "bad"....when I have new mods to max, it helps.  Plus...I just made 75p in 10 minutes the other night trading a bunch of those "junk sculptures" I didn't need...so, everything has a use.  Ya just gotta stop being so close-minded to it all.  Think outside the box.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

What are you on about?   Trading 4 scraps of crumbled up newspaper for a CHANCE at a $100 bill is a GREAT thing.  At WORST rng leaves me with more crumbled newspaper...but now I have less of it to carry around.  How is that in any way bad?

And the "value added" for playing the game is....dun dun dun...PLAYING THE GAME.  If you're not enjoying the process, you probably don't belong on Warframe.

As for Anasa being "bad"....when I have new mods to max, it helps.  Plus...I just made 75p in 10 minutes the other night trading a bunch of those "junk sculptures" I didn't need...so, everything has a use.  Ya just gotta stop being so close-minded to it all.  Think outside the box.

DE is banking on people who don't understand how it works.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:01 PM, Brorelia said:

Let us say I am at 83 out of 90 Rivens and have a 4 rivens for 4 weapons I know I will never use.

In this situation I am only after clearing up slots and I have a chance of getting soemthign good for these trash rivens.

This system is not intended for making 4 trash riven into a godly riven. It is intended to give you a chance of a good riven while clearing up riven slots.

EXACTLY!!!   

On 2/10/2018 at 4:37 AM, -Trey- said:

4 to 1 is steep

4 of same type guaranteeing that type is silly too. People will want shotgun rivens most of all, if you fuse 4 shotgun rivens almost always they will all be rolled already and worth very nice amount of endo. So often 10k~ endo, or way more if you maxed them to get 1 random shotgun riven that you gonna roll 9 times later. I don't see myself using it, unless im fusing terrible rifle/melee/pistol rivens hoping ill end up with a shotgun one.

That's the point of it, mate.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:36 AM, Kaiath64 said:

I don't mind that kind of RNG if they add more ways to obtain rivens... kinda like, every 3 to 5 sorties you'll be rewarded with a riven apart from the normal reward... because throwing 4 rivens for a chance to draw out something good of a pool of... 350 weapons or so, isn't healthy for the game...

PS: Also i don't mind rolling a riven 50+ times (because you know... RNG) if they add more ways to obtain kuva. The kuva machine thing is slow, boring and annoying at this point.

Kuva is already also a reward for Bounties on PoE.

I don't like the way this works at all. It forces players to collect a lot of trash to even use. On top of that I've gone weeks without getting a riven so this, most likely, rare reward will probably sit on a lot of players shelves until the stars align and they finally collect enough trash to even use it and then *BAM* it's another Kraken riven. Point being this "reward" is not going to feel like much of a reward imo.

If it's a rare reward I think it should be a one for one transmutation. If it's a little less rare than that a two for one transmutation. A four for one transmutation will never be worth anyone's time. I'd rather just exchange the bad rivens for new ones if I'm at max than farm Eidolons until I get a "reward" that's not actually worth anything unless I farm a separate activity for a week or more.

I'm thinking this is just yet another bad reward that will probably never be adjusted like having two chances at 4000 endo on the sortie reward list. Or the fact that the Kuva reward for sortie is only enough for a single roll on a riven. Make it at least 7,000 for gods sake!

Spoiler

Or the fact that you cant farm Nitain on your own schedule.

Or Kuva being earned in such small amounts (three floods to get enough for a single riven roll is ridiculous)

Or the Plains bounty rewards.

Or the general alert rewards (20 void, 100 endo, 300 polymer, and etc)

And the list goes on and on.

Edited by (XB1)julianwelton